HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ok so story time since it's slow right now here

I know I seen people here use wireandstuff.co.uk (aka crazy wire) , but I'm not happy with them right now wonder if anyone had the same issue. Anyway I ordered form them on 8/1, mostly because they have the elusive nife48/52 wire I wanted to try out. So I ordered 1 spool of that and 1 spool of SS430. Had my Vt133 set up for NiFe 48/52 since then waiting for it to arrive. I also placed 2 orders from china vendors the same day (3f vape for a so horney clone, notch coils, and some drip tips, gearbest for a VT133) So around 8/15 both the gearbest and 3f vape arrived. the crazy wire website isn't great and i couldn't look up my order. I only had my email they sent to go off of. and no tracking number of anything. just said shipped 8/2. It's coming from the UK and I'm in the US so i expect a couple weeks to deliver. no big deal. come the 17th now. 16 days after my order I send them an email asking for an update. They reply on the 18th saying they couldn't find my order and it must have been lost in the mail but they will ship out with a bonus gift. So i say OK cool, thanks. The order arrives on 08-22 (last monday) But it's signature required. Wasn't expecting it so soon or to be sig required so the USPS left a note in my mailbox I can pick it up there. I check the tracking number on the package looks like it was shipped on the 15th. 2 days prior to me asking for an update. that with the lack of a tracking number on my shipped email, leads me to believe it wasn't lost in the mail and that they just didn't ship my order for 2 weeks even though they sent me an email saying it was shipped. So anyway due to my work schedule i can't pick it up until Saturday the 27th. So i got on Saturday to pick up. Open it up and the invoice says ss430 and nife 48 but they sent me ss430 and nife 70 (and a bonus SS430 roll i guess as a sorry we messed up) So i sent them an email saying they sent me the wrong wire on Saturday and haven't heard back yet. But they are probably closed for the weekend so no big deal. The whole experience though turned me off to wireandstuff though. Especially since I had my VT133 set up for Nife 48 for the past month

So on the positive side, I changed my Nife48 profile to a Nife 70 profile. did 25 gauge, 3MM ID 14 wraps dual coil on my tsunami 24. .14 ohms (IIRC) and it vapes great in TC mode on the VT133. also vaped good on the G2 at XXX mode 45% FSK. I'm doing 90 watts and 460 on the VT133 and 90 watts 500 on the G2. Feels about even with each other. The VT133 feels a little more accurate IMO but both are good at it.

Also ecig replied to me and said they expect stock for the VT133 back in 1-2 weeks

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

<snip for brevity>

Also ecig replied to me and said they expect stock for the VT133 back in 1-2 weeks

I've been down the road a few times with vendors (not just vape) in the past. In my experience, this is where you thank your lucky stars that you got anything at all and cut ties. Yeah, you can go back and forth to get what you paid for, but is it worth the time and hassle?

Also, check VapeNW, the silver/black is $80 with code now, black is $88. Last I checked they have stock. Might want to check and cancel the ecig order.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just doing a quick drive-by and sorry for the off-topic post, but found this ironic since we just mentioned Ice Road Truckers here last week... Darrell died yesterday in a plane crash. (Lisa's partner.)

For on-topic news, the IPV6X was slated to be in stock at FT tomorrow... they did have that date all along as the ship date, but today it just says "pre-order" so we'll see what it says tomorrow.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I've been down the road a few times with vendors (not just vape) in the past. In my experience, this is where you thank your lucky stars that you got anything at all and cut ties. Yeah, you can go back and forth to get what you paid for, but is it worth the time and hassle?

Also, check VapeNW, the silver/black is $80 with code now, black is $88. Last I checked they have stock. Might want to check and cancel the ecig order.

Yeah i seen that deal. keeping my ecig order. I think i'm gonna hold off on buying another Vt133. for now. Maybe later on I'll get a 2nd one again.

As far as the order goes, I don't expect anything. Not asking for anything back. I'm fine with what I have. the nife70 works great and i have too much wire as it is. Just curious as to their response

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I know I seen people here use wireandstuff.co.uk (aka crazy wire) , but I'm not happy with them right now wonder if anyone had the same issue. Anyway I ordered form them on 8/1, mostly because they have the elusive nife48/52 wire I wanted to try out. So I ordered 1 spool of that and 1 spool of SS430. Had my Vt133 set up for NiFe 48/52 since then waiting for it to arrive. I also placed 2 orders from china vendors the same day (3f vape for a so horney clone, notch coils, and some drip tips, gearbest for a VT133) So around 8/15 both the gearbest and 3f vape arrived. the crazy wire website isn't great and i couldn't look up my order. I only had my email they sent to go off of. and no tracking number of anything. just said shipped 8/2. It's coming from the UK and I'm in the US so i expect a couple weeks to deliver. no big deal. come the 17th now. 16 days after my order I send them an email asking for an update. They reply on the 18th saying they couldn't find my order and it must have been lost in the mail but they will ship out with a bonus gift. So i say OK cool, thanks. The order arrives on 08-22 (last monday) But it's signature required. Wasn't expecting it so soon or to be sig required so the USPS left a note in my mailbox I can pick it up there. I check the tracking number on the package looks like it was shipped on the 15th. 2 days prior to me asking for an update. that with the lack of a tracking number on my shipped email, leads me to believe it wasn't lost in the mail and that they just didn't ship my order for 2 weeks even though they sent me an email saying it was shipped. So anyway due to my work schedule i can't pick it up until Saturday the 27th. So i got on Saturday to pick up. Open it up and the invoice says ss430 and nife 48 but they sent me ss430 and nife 70 (and a bonus SS430 roll i guess as a sorry we messed up) So i sent them an email saying they sent me the wrong wire on Saturday and haven't heard back yet. But they are probably closed for the weekend so no big deal. The whole experience though turned me off to wireandstuff though. Especially since I had my VT133 set up for Nife 48 for the past month

So on the positive side, I changed my Nife48 profile to a Nife 70 profile. did 25 gauge, 3MM ID 14 wraps dual coil on my tsunami 24. .14 ohms (IIRC) and it vapes great in TC mode on the VT133. also vaped good on the G2 at XXX mode 45% FSK. I'm doing 90 watts and 460 on the VT133 and 90 watts 500 on the G2. Feels about even with each other. The VT133 feels a little more accurate IMO but both are good at it.

Can you give me a little info on the nife wire.
I had 200ft of 430 from crazywire and its all over the map. -kinda why I stick with 316.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just doing a quick drive-by and sorry for the off-topic post, but found this ironic since we just mentioned Ice Road Truckers here last week... Darrell died yesterday in a plane crash. (Lisa's partner.)

For on-topic news, the IPV6X was slated to be in stock at FT tomorrow... they did have that date all along as the ship date, but today it just says "pre-order" so we'll see what it says tomorrow.
I'm so sorry for your loss

This is awkward, thought you knew the person.
Sorry for peoples losses

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Can you give me a little info on the nife wire.
I had 200ft of 430 from crazywire and its all over the map. -kinda why I stick with 316.
that doens't bode well since I now have 2 spools of ss430 from them but I haven't tried it yet.

NiFe wire is good because it has all the positives of SS (can be fired in TC or Watt mode) but has a much higher TC curve then SS. it's all the positives of SS with none of the negatives. It's better then Ni or Ti because higher resistance and the TC curve is just as good. the difference between the 70 and 52 is that the 70 has a lower resistance so i have to build bigger coils then I would with 52 but not a big deal by any means. It's also less springy then Ti wire and really easy to build with

EDIT: From the website
Common Application(s):

Nickel-Iron Alloy is characterised by very low resistivity and high temperature coefficient of resistance. It is widely used in various heaters.

It can automatically control temperature and adjust power by keeping constant current limiting current.

In modern times it has found popularity in the vaping industry due to its high heat and electrical resistance.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
that doens't bode well since I now have 2 spools of ss430 from them but I haven't tried it yet.

NiFe wire is good because it has all the positives of SS (can be fired in TC or Watt mode) but has a much higher TC curve then SS. it's all the positives of SS with none of the negatives. It's better then Ni or Ti because higher resistance and the TC curve is just as good. the difference between the 70 and 52 is that the 70 has a lower resistance so i have to build bigger coils then I would with 52 but not a big deal by any means. It's also less springy then Ti wire and really easy to build with

EDIT: From the website
Common Application(s):

Nickel-Iron Alloy is characterised by very low resistivity and high temperature coefficient of resistance. It is widely used in various heaters.

It can automatically control temperature and adjust power by keeping constant current limiting current.

In modern times it has found popularity in the vaping industry due to its high heat and electrical resistance.

Might have to try some nife than

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Might have to try some nife than
also worth noting is is steam engine doesn't have NiFe 48. It has Nife 30 though. But i has NiFenthal (i think people confuse use for NiFe sometimes but NiFenthal is a nickel kenthal alloy where NiFe is a Nickel Iron alloy) but it looks like the curve for both NiFe and NiFenthal are close enough that you can use them interchangeably.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Iirc NiFe 70 is 70% Nickel so the TCR is higher and resistance is lower. I've never personally tried NiFe 70 (30 depending on how you look at it).

The CW SS430 I have has a higher TCR then the Unkamen SS430. According to Steam Engine the TCR of SS430 is .00138. On CW SS430 I was experimenting with a TCR between .00175-.002.

The Unkamen is supposed to be Nickel free. I'm assuming with the higher TCR of the CW SS430 that it's not.

Cheers,
Steve

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Crazy Wire used to be a great vendor. As we all found out a month ago that is no longer the case :headbang:

I am still waiting on my replacement wire from the bullshit SS430 they tried to send me 2 months ago

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Crazy Wire used to be a great vendor. As we all found out a month ago that is no longer the case :headbang:

I am still waiting on my replacement wire from the bullshit SS430 they tried to send me 2 months ago

what happened to them then?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
NiFe48 and NiFe52 are the same wire:cheers:. Just depends which material the vendor list first.
I agree with that. In the past it has always been that way. However when I was asking CW about them having both. I said they are the same wire. Their response to me was theirs isn't. The said one of theirs is 48% Nickel and the other 52%.

I have no way of knowing that yet. Just passing along what they said. The only way I see that being true is if they commissioned the wire because in past they have been the same as BoostAddict said.

Cheers
Steve

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Iirc NiFe 70 is 70% Nickel so the TCR is higher and resistance is lower. I've never personally tried NiFe 70 (30 depending on how you look at it).

The CW SS430 I have has a higher TCR then the Unkamen SS430. According to Steam Engine the TCR of SS430 is .00138. On CW SS430 I was experimenting with a TCR between .00175-.002.

The Unkamen is supposed to be Nickel free. I'm assuming with the higher TCR of the CW SS430 that it's not.

Cheers,
Steve

Give or take yes. According to the site its 69-70% Ni, 28-30 Fe (Iron), Less then 1 Si (silicon), and less then .05 Mn (Manganese) I assume the last 2 are bonding agents in the alloy. Mn is often found in all iron and not on it's own.

But for the sake of actual usage saying 70% Ni and 30% Fe is fair. Both Ni and Fe have high TCRs but the Fe has a higher resistance as well and allows it to be fired in watt mode as well, giving you benefits of Ni200 wire with none of the negatives.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Steam engine has the DNA profile for that wire on their page
I see reactor wire Nife which loks like it could be NiFe 52/48 but doesn't specify on steam engine. On their site it doesn't really specify it does have a little verbiage but the looks don't add up to 100%
Says
rwbackenvelope.jpg

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe I mispoke then, becuase From what I read before Nifenthal was a Nickle Kenthal alloy. But now looking it up, It appears I was misinformed
I think Kanthal makes what most consider the real NiFe 48 (52). The stuff sold on the German site(s). They make it but it doesn't have Kanthal in it.

Cheers,
Steve

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only place I get my NiFe from is in Germany. I wouldn't trust getting it from any other vendor, especially Crazy Wire. I do have some coming from them as a replacement wire for the ss430. I will let you know tomorrow if it's real. All overseas packages sent 1st class require a signature and my note was on the door when I came home.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I see reactor wire Nife which loks like it could be NiFe 52/48 but doesn't specify on steam engine. On their site it doesn't really specify it does have a little verbiage but the looks don't add up to 100%
Says
rwbackenvelope.jpg

I don't know why but this picture makes me want to say fuck it and rip apart my toaster for wire

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
FSK might not care what wire it is, but I care what wire I'm vaping on. It sure doesn't act like any SS430 I've ever tried.

Cheers,
Steve
Dark side bro, come to the dark side. Lmao. You just don't want a G2 because it comes in 5 different colors, 10 if you include the LE. You know once you get started you'll buy all 5, possibly 10. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm using the CW ss430 on my slice. FSK doesn't care what wire you use. Did you get your G2's yet?

Got one of the G2 i ordered. Ecig screwed the order up:mad: Your 27ga NiFe48 is in the mail btw:cheers: Sorry... been crazy busy with this heat!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dark side bro, come to the dark side. Lmao. You just don't want a G2 because it comes in 5 different colors, 10 if you include the LE. You know once you get started you'll buy all 5, possibly 10. Lol.

Truth be told I don't want one for a few reasons and none of them have to do with color.
1. If I have to adjust a curve until it tastes right without knowing what temperature it is. I call that taste control not TC.
2. I really don't like the fact it's a flat out box. You couldn't design it less ergonomically if you tried.
3. My personal opinion is those symbols combined with the flat out box shape is not pleasing to the eye either.
4. The way Ben started double talking whenever reviewers were calling him out struck me as a snake oil salesmen.
5. Lastly, the childish naming of the modes make me smh. Maybe if I was in my 20's I might dig it, since I'm not, I don't.

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Truth be told I don't want one for a few reasons and none of them have to do with color.
1. If I have to adjust a curve until it tastes right without knowing what temperature it is. I call that taste control not TC.
2. I really don't like the fact it's a flat out box. You couldn't design it less ergonomically if you tried.
3. My personal opinion is those symbols combined with the flat out box shape is not pleasing to the eye either.
4. The way Ben started double talking whenever reviewers were calling him out struck me as a snake oil salesmen.
5. Lastly, the childish naming of the modes make me smh. Maybe if I was in my 20's I might dig it, since I'm not, I don't.

Cheers,
Steve
I was only messing with ya bro. We know you love the Vt133.

VU Sponsors