Become a Patron!

Hohm Slice

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am getting another another black one I traded another mod for in the mail today. I was actually thinking of stripping out the guts and getting it painted something else from an auto body guy I know. I was thinking like a granite slate or a ferrari red, probably just go with whatever he is using in his booth at the time to save some $.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am getting another another black one I traded another mod for in the mail today. I was actually thinking of stripping out the guts and getting it painted something else from an auto body guy I know. I was thinking like a granite slate or a ferrari red, probably just go with whatever he is using in his booth at the time to save some $.
That's a cool idea. Make sure you do clear coat. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just checked jwraps, they make wraps for the Hohm Wrecker but the Slice is not listed, first time I have wanted to do a wrap before.
Yeah I would love to get a Tardis wrap for it.

F

fckaugust8th

I have a red one and I'm starting to notice small chips in the paint also.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My black se is holding up fine. I baby my chit...A Jwrap would indeed be nice though. Maybe we should all email them with interest for them.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My black se is holding up fine. I baby my chit...A Jwrap would indeed be nice though. Maybe we should all email them with interest for them.
Yeah, not me. I'm rough on everything. My mods, cars, and motorcycles. They all get ridden hard and put away wet. Lmao.

raiderep

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a red one and I'm starting to notice small chips in the paint also.
Same here and I am being fairly gentle. Not a huge deal really. The door is what bugs me more. I am getting ready to take some action and try and fix it. I am thinking it might be the black disc on the bottom. It seems like it is just a hair too big.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Same here and I am being fairly gentle. Not a huge deal really. The door is what bugs me more. I am getting ready to take some action and try and fix it. I am thinking it might be the black disc on the bottom. It seems like it is just a hair too big.
I stacked two tiny bits of electrical tape wrapped around the bottom right leg. No more clicky.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I know I have said that if I had to do it again I wouldn't spend the extra $10 on the LE. I'll take that back because over the last few weeks I have used the charging port a few times and the quick charging has come in really handy.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know I have said that if I had to do it again I wouldn't spend the extra $10 on the LE. I'll take that back because over the last few weeks I have used the charging port a few times and the quick charging has come in really handy.

This falls in the category of, better to have and not need than to need and not have...I haven't had the need myself to charge from the(SE)device but have decided to go ahead and get the LE's when the time comes to get a couple more...Have I said how much I like this little device.:D

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This falls in the category of, better to have and not need than to need and not have...I haven't had the need myself to charge from the(SE)device but have decided to go ahead and get the LE's when the time comes to get a couple more...Have I said how much I like this little device.:D
Yep, like I said I don't do it all the time but it's definitely nice to know it's there. If I'm out and about I can go from like 50% to 100% in like 45 minutes with a 2 amp brick. Kind of cool.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, these 26650's take FOREVER to charge. They give me very good run times though. Very pleased. It's definitely my go to device for out and about.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, these 26650's take FOREVER to charge. They give me very good run times though. Very pleased. It's definitely my go to device for out and about.
Lol at .5 amps they do take forever. I'm getting like at least an 18650 and a half run time out of it from what I can tell. Totally unscientific on my part though.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol at .5 amps they do take forever. I'm getting like at least an 18650 and a half run time out of it from what I can tell. Totally unscientific on my part though.

That sounds about what I'm getting out of my Stout. I need to order a few new 26650's ; what's everyone here using?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That sounds about what I'm getting out of my Stout. I need to order a few new 26650's ; what's everyone here using?
I use the Basen and Hohmtech 26650 batteries. The Basen and Hohmtech are very similar performance wise and the Basen are much cheaper. The yellow MXJO'S offer significantly less performance IMO. Not a fan.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use the Basen and Hohmtech 26650 batteries. The Basen and Hohmtech are very similar performance wise and the Basen are much cheaper. The yellow MXJO'S offer significantly less performance IMO. Not a fan.

Cool, the have the Basens and the Hohm Tech batteries over at Liion. I think I'll order a pair of each. Thanks Jack.

Grego

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
There are some efest 26650 up for sale under the accessories banner in the trading post. Just a heads up do not know how they perform.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are some efest 26650 up for sale under the accessories banner in the trading post. Just a heads up do not know how they perform.

Thanks for the heads up. I already have a couple of those and while they have worked fine, I've never been a fan of efest batteries. Looking forward to the day Samsung and LG make 26650's.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Does the charging bypass the board or is there a danger of damaging the board by charging?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Does the charging bypass the board or is there a danger of damaging the board by charging?
Tbh, I'm not sure. I know Ben said it has a bypass mode so you can vape it while plugged in but I never ever do that. Not to worried about damaging it because of the 500 day warranty and so far HT has always done the right thing by me.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a heads up, vapesupersaver.com has Brillpower 26650's on closeout, they are one of the recommended in moochs test. I think he said they are the same cell as the basen. There is a coupon code as well. I will look it up when i am in front of the computer and post it here.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Confirmed from Jwraps, "No wraps will be made for the Slice"...I can understand because of the body having the logo's. But the SE, why not? A little bummed.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Confirmed from Jwraps, "No wraps will be made for the Slice"...I can understand because of the body having the logo's. But the SE, why not? A little bummed.

Sounds like a business opportunity for one of us with the know how to make them.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sitting here now with mine in hand wondering how to wrap it in carbon wrap I have. Just wish I had another color other than black. Everything I have is black. I want color

I'm the same way. I always set out to get something other than black when shopping for a new mod but always puss out in the end. I think the only mod I have that isn't black is my Kanger Subtank mini kit.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just go ahead and a get a Red one. Lol. Enabler
Oh I will, believe that. I just want to be able to protect them. I guess the best hope will be a silicon skin...On to emailing HohmTech for any possibility of a skin in the future.

toolbox875

Member For 4 Years

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@BuryTheSun mentioned the next good deal on a H2 he is going to pick one up, I figured me meant G2 which is still on sale at the link I posted above but that might be ending soon.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just heard from HohmTech about the possibility of a sleeve...No plans from them. We can only hope a third party source will come up with something in the future.
I guess if mine become chipped, scuffed and uglyfied, I will embrace the natural patina. :hug:

toolbox875

Member For 4 Years
Just heard from HohmTech about the possibility of a sleeve...No plans from them. We can only hope a third party source will come up with something in the future.
I guess if mine become chipped, scuffed and uglyfied, I will embrace the natural patina. :hug:
Or you could buy another one. . It's only a pension fund.

Btw, the coupon is still active at vaporcube for the G2

Code:
G2WRECKER65OFF for a new G2

G2REFB for the refurbished G2

BuryTheSun

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I suppose you mean a deal on the G2? If so the sale at vaporcube is still going on and the 3 refurbished I got were all pristine condition: http://www.vaporcube.com/4th-July-2016-sale.html
Haha, yes the G2! I even thought when I typed that, 'they don't make a Hummer mod!' Thank you for the link and discount code. I may have to wait a week or two though, hording has been expensive lately. Thank you again!

VU Sponsors