Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Surprising Sources of Lead​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi,

Day 2 of the Next Steps for Tough SIBO Masterclass Summit officially begins at 11 AM Eastern TODAY!

That means Day 1’s classes are gone… but they’re replaced with 14 new Masterclasses to watch for the next 24 hours.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

TRUE​

Who I was before cancer was a very different person than who I am now.

I am what I like to call a recovering people pleaser. I'm still exploring what led to a confident, free, stubborn, always-herself little girl whose mission it was to never be thought of as "just another girl" slowly transforming into a quiet, shy, reserved, self-restricted, often-what-someone-else-wanted-her-to-be woman. It was likely a combination of a lot of loss in my childhood and teen years and a desire to prevent more, mixed with a few complicated relationships and a small amount of bullying that shook my confidence. If I was always able to be exactly what others wanted me to be and do exactly what others wanted me to do, they would always like me and would never leave me, right?

Maybe, but the me and the life I was left with weren't worth the few people who were still in that life solely because of the pieces of myself I sacrificed in order to get them (and myself) to stay.

To be fair to myself, this realization of what I had become and what I needed to do to get back to that spitfire of a kid started to form in a preliminary way in the years before cancer. I made some big initial moves, but I had no idea yet the full scope of the internal changes that had happened to me in the preceding years and just how much reframing of my beliefs about, thought patterns towards, and treatment of myself needed to happen. That's when cancer came along.

I have said before that in the years after my diagnosis, I started to feel deep perspective shifts within me accompanied by the realization of new truths, of lessons, of the growth I was experiencing. When the chaos of the first year of treatments and appointments and pain and fear had started to subside and reorganize itself into the hints of what my new life was going to be like, I could feel myself emerging from the cocoon of cancer and I was curious as hell about how I had managed it.

With the help of a couple of books but one in particular (Brené Brown's The Gifts of Imperfection), I came to understand what my deep-seated negative beliefs were about myself and the way I thought I needed to show up in life. While walking down the hall of a school I was teaching at one day, in an instant, like a lightbulb going on over someone's head in a cartoon, that full scope popped into my awareness. I recognized how cancer had pushed me to learn to stand up for myself in my treatment decisions, to trust myself and my gut, to say "no" when it felt in my bones like it was the right thing for me to say even though I was terrified of what people would think about my decisions, to believe that I was worthy of my own trust, that I could and should pursue my dreams because this life goes faster than we think. In short, cancer taught me how to be true to myself, because my life was on the line and no one else could play the active part that I needed to take in helping to save it. And I could only take on that role as the person I was meant to be, the person I truly am. I needed to become myself to save myself.

From the Anishinaabe Code of Ethics:
"Be true to yourself first. You cannot nurture and help others if you cannot nurture and help yourself first."
We have to love, trust, and honour ourselves first, our true selves and not the self that we think others want or need us to be. They may not realize it yet, but everyone else actually needs you to be exactly who you are, exactly who you want to be, because that is the only way to discover and share your true gifts and your true purpose with them. To put it another way, in the words of someone I admire greatly, "If you can't love yourself, how in the hell are you gonna love somebody else?". Can I get an amen?
Happy Healing ❤️

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

Mental Health Monday​

I never realized how many holidays fall on this past holiday Monday; different people or events were being celebrated all over, from Family Day here in Ontario, to Islander’s Day in PEI to President’s Day in the US. Wherever and whatever you were celebrating this week, I hope you made sure to allow yourself the time to rest and recharge. Family Day looked different here this year, with many people separated by restrictions and unable to spend time with their whole family. We’re all tired. We’re all frustrated. We all just want things to be regular again. I hope you were able to give yourself a break from it all, from the way things are and the way you feel about it. I hope you were able to look for the good that this day, as it was, could bring you. No pressures of years previous to go anywhere. Time to pick up that book that’s been sitting on your side table or bake with your kids or cuddle up with your pet and Netflix. However that looked for you, I hope you took some time for joy and love and a break
❤️

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

New Research​

I covered some pretty dense but very interesting new research that has come out on a potential new targeted therapy for many types of cancer. We know that, on average, cancer cells use a lot of sugar to produce energy using glycolysis. However, there are some types of cancer that don’t rely as heavily on this process, and a fascinating research study was recently published that looks at those types of tumours. Researchers have discovered a new mechanism of an existing therapy that can be applied to both glycolysis-rich and glycolysis-deficient tumours by making glycolysis-rich tumours more like deficient ones. It is exploring drugs that block glycolysis in those tumors that rely on it heavily and also ones that can be used in tandem to take the metaphorical breaks off of the immune system by blocking a specific protein that modulates immune cells.

If you would like to read my post that puts things into easier-to-understand terms, click here to check out my full post in the Orenda Cancer Community Facebook group

And if you would like to read the news release about this research, you can do that here

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi,
We’re not quite halfway through Day 2 of the 48-hour Next Steps for Tough SIBO Masterclass Summit.
Have you had a chance to watch yet?
If you're not sure where to dive in, let me recommend a class:
>>> Using Neural Therapy for Complex Gastrointestinal Cases with Dr. Ilana Gurevich, ND
In this class, you'll learn about "interference fields" in the body, what causes them, and how they interrupt normal functioning... which can lead to SIBO! Dr. Gurevich makes it all easy to understand, and explains how neural therapy can break up interference fields and return normal function. (I've used neural therapy myself with really amazing results!)
No, Neural Therapy is not a "standard" SIBO treatment...
but that's exactly why Dr. Siebecker and I created this conference: to share the treatment that you haven't heard of!​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

• This Summit is something EVERY woman needs to see, especially those who are...​
    • Just plain exhausted
    • Unable to sleep through the night
    • Feeling chronically groggy, puffy, and achy
    • Frustrated with unexplained weight gain and bloating
    • Soaking their sheets with night sweats
    • Embarrassed by unexpected hot flashes
    • Tired of being told they just need to ‘deal with’ it
    If this sounds like YOU, then please take 10 seconds right now and…
    Register for Dr. Mariza Snyder’s Perimenopause and Menopause Relief Summit.
    You’ll get to hear from 37 of the most renowned experts in women’s health.
    And they’re each going to show you how to truly thrive in perimenopause, menopause, and beyond.
    Because it’s NOT normal to feel exhausted and miserable.
    And it’s NOT normal to gain unexplained weight, suddenly have zero libido, and have mood swings like a roller coaster.
    Dr. Mariza is a bestselling author and women’s health champion committed to putting your health back into YOUR hands.
    She put this summit together so you could see that there are safe, effective, and NATURAL ways to rebalance your body—
    Beyond what your doctor has ever mentioned.
    (Did you know that hormone replacement is not your only option to treat your symptoms?)
    Well, you’re about to discover simple, science-backed daily practices that can radically transform how you feel each and every day.

This is your LAST CHANCE to sign up and get this life-changing info, at no cost to you.
    The Perimenopause & Menopause Relief Summit starts tomorrow/today, and you need to sign up to unlock your free access...

Then simply show up and begin to get your life back.
    Without the nasty, painful, and embarrassing symptoms you’re told you need to "just deal with."
    Sign up for the Summit NOW and get REAL solutions for THRIVING through perimenopause and menopause.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Home Blood Pressure Monitors Unreliable

By Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Mike Roizen, MDs

Bill Murray's rumored to have said: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me 350,000 times — you're a weatherman."

That's a lack of accuracy we often joke about, but for some things, being that far off the mark is more disturbing.

Special: Heart Surgeon's Secret to Healthy Blood Pressure

According to a recent Canadian study from the University of Alberta, home blood pressure monitors are 100 percent accurate only about 30 percent of the time.

That's not good, the researchers point out, because high blood pressure is one of the leading causes of death and disability in the world.

In the small but revealing study of 85 people with high blood pressure, researchers identified what causes the problems with the readings.

Occasionally, it's a person's inability to run the device properly. It also can be the one-size-fits-all design; the same cuff is used for both men and women, but in the study men's readings were more accurate. Arm shape and size can make the difference.

Nonetheless, if you have high blood pressure, it's important to keep track of how it's doing.

So how can you check the accuracy of your device?

First, bring your at-home monitor with you to your next doctor's visit and check it against the doc's machine.

Second, have your pharmacist instruct you in proper usage, and then try it out right there and compare its reading to the pharmacy's in-store blood pressure monitor. Almost all pharmacies now have stations where you can check your blood pressure.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Today's Motivation​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There's a lot about hypertension you probably haven't heard about yet.

For example, did you know that...

High blood pressure is often caused by a simple vitamin deficiency?

Diuretic medications can actually set the stage for heart failure later in life?

And common herbs and spices found at any grocery store can improve blood circulation naturally?

If you're wondering why you haven't heard this information before...

It's because there is a concerted effort to keep you uninformed.

That's why we've gathered 22 of the brightest minds in natural health and science to bring you the uncensored truth about heart health starting on Tuesday, March 2nd...

During this event you'll discover successful strategies to...

• Avoid a heart attack
  • Prevent strokes
  • Lower blood pressure
  • Unclog arteries
  • Regulate your heartbeat
... plus much more!

>>> Watch the World Premiere

This is life changing information that most doctors are unaware of — and thanks to the recent censorship efforts of Big Tech — it's becoming harder and harder to find these solutions on your own.

This event will provide valuable information that you and your loved ones will appreciate for years to come.

>>> Join us on March 2nd

...when we show you how to improve the function of your cardiovascular system.

mail
To Your Health,
mail

Jonathan Landsman, Host
Cardiovascular Docu-Class
P.S. Just in case you've never attended an event like this before, here's how it works: Each day during this event you'll have access to several great presentations that you can watch on any computer or mobile device.

Check out these amazing presentations >>

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

How to Tell Difference Between Heart Attack and Panic Attack​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Stressed? Anxious? Depressed? You’re Not Alone.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
According to Hengartner, research funded by the National Institute of Mental Health found no differences between antidepressant efficacy and placebo—and this was despite the research design, using randomized controlled trials, the gold-standard method. Numerous studies now show that between 19% and 70% of those taking antidepressant medications do just as well by taking a placebo or sugar pill.

While patients are attempting to correct their mood disorders with prescription drugs that may or may not be more effective than a sugar pill, all of these drugs have potential –sometimes serious – side effects. Prozac alone has been associated with over 1,734 suicide deaths and over 28 000 adverse reactions.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

WHO green-lights mRNA vaccine experimentation on pregnant women and newborn infants :eek: :eek:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Food prices will climb in 2021 as inflation accelerates​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You’ve heard about seasonal allergies. But what about the allergens that plague you year-round? The ones you can’t escape from?

Indoor allergens from toxic off-gassing, chemical cleaners, and more may be affecting your health.

In fact, air pollution inside your home can be just as bad (and sometimes worse) than outdoor pollution.

With more people spending 80-90% of their time indoors lately, it’s time to talk about detoxing your home.... And it might take more than just replacing your household cleaners.

>> Get the secrets to a non-toxic home and learn how to “detox” without breaking the bank (including 4 tips).

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I see roughly four camps in the world of how (natural / whole food based) sugar plays into cancer Jimi

1) Those who love straight up keto in almost every circumstance - high fat, low protein and carb.

2) Those who advocate for a low glycemic diet but don’t necessarily think keto is the answer - lots of vegetables, minimal fruits and starches, that sort of thing.

3) Those who just say stop worrying so much about ratios and just get all the healing goodness you can into you.

4) Those who actually advocate specifically for a high fruit diet.

I’ve certainly interviewed plenty of folks from camps #1-3, but only a couple in #4… and it’s always extremely interesting when I do!

The main crux of Mark Simon’s work is that there is an amino acid essential to cancer cell replication, that is not essential to healthy cells, called methionine.

It’s extremely high in animal products (but interestingly to vegetarians, lowest in dairy and eggs), pretty low in vegetables, and practically non-existent in fruit.

So it’s interesting in that sense, same concept as keto, taking away something the cancer cell needs that the healthy cell doesn’t, just on the complete other side of the sugar spectrum…

BUT, Mark’s main point is that if you take away glucose, cancer cells can still use glutamine, and even ketones themselves in some instances…

whereas they have a much harder time doing without methionine.

You know me, I try not to be too dogmatic and just hear out all sides and this was certainly a very interesting take!

That, and it’s always bugged me how there can be all this anti-cancer research on the bromelain enzyme for instance, yet it’s found in the greatest concentrations by far in pineapples… which are one of the highest sugar fruits!

Whether you (hopefully) believe in a Creator or pure matter and evolution, seems like a pretty cruel trick by either force to hide this anti-cancer compound inside a food you shouldn’t eat when you have cancer…

You can watch or download the full interview here, along seeing the bullet points of the entire conversation, links to all resources mentioned, etc.

We also get into quite a few specific anti-cancer compounds - selenium, iodine, vitamin E delta tocotrionol and a couple others… all good stuff!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We wrapped up the big replay weekend event last night.

So many people engaged over the past few days. And watched, and watched and watched and watched.

No, none of the 9 episodes will be posted for viewing again.

But…

I want to give you something…

There were so many great interviews that we couldn't fit them all into the 9 episodes -- and I can’t bear leaving them on the cutting room floor!

How about we give you a 10th episode of VRCE?

This follows the same pattern, watch it free for 24 hours.

It starts…. NOW. And will be up until tomorrow night.

But…

This one has some surprises.

You’ll quickly see why.

Today, you hear from Dr. Mitch Fleisher, a practicing physician of almost 40 years now.

He’s a graduate of Stanford Medical School and by some miracle, he managed to avoid the all too common “medicalization” of many doctors.

I’ll tell you, I did not know what to expect when I spoke with him. - But I’ll give you a hint… it has something to do with creating an “underground movement.”

Jane Barlow Christensen, one of the world's leading herbalists gives specific remedies that can be used to improve your protection against attacks on your body -- and yes, that includes viruses!

Listen in to hear what simple steps you can take to increase the use of microbial and viral protection. And some of them, you just might have sitting around your kitchen!

She’s brilliant, with a lifetime of experience (literally). She will let you in on a secret on how an entire society of Native Americans didn’t suffer from influenza during an epidemic.

Walk away from Episode 10 with action items you can take on today.

Enjoy!

With Purpose,

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Did you hear?

We’re O-P-E-N!

For the sake of our health, our livelihoods, our sanity…

All 9 episodes of VRCE are open to watch for FREE all weekend!

There is one catch, it’s just for this weekend.

So you’ve got less than 48 hours now to catch any episode you missed, or your favorite expert or maybe those few interviews you didn’t quite have time to watch before they ended.

Deadline: Sunday Night @ Midnight

No better time than the present to catch all 9 episodes for the last time. Then they will be taken down for good and, with the way things are going, there’s no promise we’ll be able to air them again.

We expose all things “shots…” effectiveness, safety, testing, history, endless red tape, emergency use, government agencies coverups, and more…

… MASKS. Mandates, policy changes, efficacy, side effects, risks, whistleblowers, legalities…

…”Shot” injuries, buried and hidden data, autism history, and research…

… Mental illness growth, trading cures for other medical issues, “R0na” testing, false positives, testing science and statistics.

Keep in mind, you’ve only got until tomorrow at midnight to watch to your heart's content and to claim your own copy for yourself if you so choose.
After that, the clock hits all zeros
mail
and we’re not sure when it will be available again.

But it’s our mission to share this information, so even though we must go to great expense to privately stream all the content on specialized secure servers that “they” can’t touch, it’s our pleasure to leave these episodes up as possible.

YOU CAN WATCH AND OWN HERE, whichever you choose.

With Purpose,
Dr. Patrick Gentempo
I was so hoping that one of the speakers would have touched on... What happens when a person gives blood, that has taken the jab, and then a person who needs blood gets that donors blood.... Does it pass to the recipient? Where do I find the answer to this question? Is there an answer to this question? Does anybody think about this?
I'm pretty sure there hasn't been any trials ran on this, so there probably isn't an answer to my question.

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
STAND FOR HEALTH FREEDOM

Act Now America: Ask Key Congressmen To Formally Investigate the CDC’s Conduct During COVID-19

Your voice matters; stand with us to demand transparency.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was so hoping that one of the speakers would have touched on... What happens when a person gives blood, that has taken the jab, and then a person who needs blood gets that donors blood.... Does it pass to the recipient? Where do I find the answer to this question? Is there an answer to this question? Does anybody think about this?
I'm pretty sure there hasn't been any trials ran on this, so there probably isn't an answer to my question.

Very good questions ;)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

SHARE THIS ALERT facebook twitter
Hi Jimi,
As one final favor to industrial meat companies, the Trump administration made a last ditch effort to move genetically engineered (GE) livestock regulations from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) responsibility just before their term ended. When FDA officials balked at such a rash move, former USDA Secretary Sonny Perdue went over their heads and signed an agreement with the head of Health and Human Services to move the review of most GE animals to USDA anyway.
Add your name: Genetically engineered animals should be regulated under strict FDA protocols!
While FDA regulations need to be improved, USDA’s are even worse because USDA wants to stop the regulation of new kinds of GE animals entirely. Some former USDA officials, including former Secretary Sonny Perdue, argue that new gene editing techniques — like CRISPR, TALENS, and zinc fingers — are just like conventional breeding. They’re not.
Gene editing, which can be used to genetically engineer animals, often has “off target” effects wherein the DNA of different parts of the genome are edited in unintended ways. How the production of these GE animals impacts the health of these animals, the people who eat them, and the environment needs to be fully reviewed before these animals can be put on the market.
Under the newly proposed plan, USDA would not even require companies to show the entire genomic sequence of the animal before approving them. The many GE pigs and cows waiting for review would just get automatically approved without an adequate review of how they were produced. There wouldn’t even be a label on it in the grocery store to inform shoppers like you and me that it was produced with genetic engineering in the first place.
Add your name: Approving genetically engineered pigs and cows without adequate scientific review is unconscionable!
FDA’s process isn’t perfect. It needs improvement and we at Center for Food Safety will fight to improve it, but USDA’s plan to approve all these GE animals en masse without adequate review makes FDA’s protocol look stringent. We can’t let automatic approvals of GE animals become the new normal.
Please take action before this rule is finalized. The health of animals, the people who eat them, and the environment is at stake.
Together, we can do this.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Today's Motivation​

Monday​

February 22, 2021

Life isn't easy. There will always be numerous obstacles in every phase of your life. Things won't go as expected. And it will be frustrating. But know that nothing is ever insurmountable even if it may feel like that at the moment. Every hopeless situation has a solution. You have the power to deal with tough times. You have to believe in yourself to harness this power. Don't lose hope.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Feeling Depressed? Try These Self-Help Tips​

VU Sponsors