Become a Patron!

Jimi's Daily Health Articles

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did you know we have a big and growing AIP Medical Research section on our site?
We’ve created a central location you can easily navigate to in order to share with friends, family, and your healthcare providers about the growing evidence that AIP works, plus autoimmune related research reviews that further bolster the efficacy of this approach.
You can find details on all the studies we’ve completed to date and the research reviews by our Medical Director, Rob Abbott, M.D., right here.
Much of this research was funded and supported by you, our community, and we wanted to make it as easily accessible as possible for you! We could not be more grateful.
Feel free to share this resource with anyone in your network who may be looking for this information. You can find full-text of the published studies in our articles, so everyone has access!
AIP Eczema/Psoriasis Study Update
We know so many of you are anxiously awaiting publication of the AIP Eczema/Psoriasis Study results! We are too! Head researcher, Lucy Mailing, Ph.D., has assured us that they are working hard, but it’s likely a few more months. Research in partnership with universities typically does take a few years start to finish + the pandemic created significant slow down for the lab. We promise we are closely monitoring and will share publication the minute it is available.
Viva la Autoimmune Wellness Revolution!
NEW RECIPES! Every week we post new recipes on the site, all of which are suitable for the elimination diet and free from grains, beans, legumes, eggs, dairy, nuts, seeds, and nightshades. To visit our recipe archives, click here!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A Deep Dive on Food, Love, and Community with Dr. Mark Hyman

We can eat really well, get great sleep, and workout several times a week in an effort to feel our best. These steps are all clearly important, but they don’t mean anything if we’re missing love and connection.

I was so excited to be the guest on this week’s episode of The Broken Brain Podcast and sit down with my good friend, business partner, and one of the best humans I know, Dhru Purohit.

We jump into why community and connection are so imperative for our health. Years of working in medicine—from the ER and other hospital settings to Canyon Ranch Resort and my Functional Medicine clinic—taught me that accompaniment was key for success. What I mean by that is we need to accompany each other on the journey to better health by having, and providing, support.

Dhru and I talk about what that looks like and I get to share a bit more about my personal community and how I’ve kept my own tribe close throughout this pandemic. It’s something I’ve been very intentional about and I feel it has one hundred percent helped me get through the last year in a better place.

One of the questions I often get is “Dr. Hyman, do you eat perfectly all the time?” And the answer is no! But I always do my best. I tell Dhru about my weakness for pancakes and how I make a healthier option (that I sometimes even eat for dinner!) and we discuss what it looks like to choose the best option within any food category. I’m all about freedom, not restriction, and years of eating real food has helped me be free of cravings for things like candy and junk food.

We, of course, get into the topic of COVID-19 and why food is such an essential piece of staying resilient. I share with Dhru my thoughts on the vaccines and we discuss some of the other most common questions and concerns around the virus.

If you missed it, my new book The Pegan Diet just hit shelves this week! Dhru and I talk about where the concept of Pegan came from and why this way of eating is sure to help everyone create a healthier body and planet. Don’t let the name fool you, it’s not a diet but a way of life, and I’ve seen it transform my own health and the health of so many others. It’s a set of principles I truly believe in and I’m so excited to share this book with the world.

We also talk about how to combat emotional eating, precision nutrition, how to eat like a regenetarian, and so much more. I had such a great time chatting with Dhru, I hope you’ll tune in.

Wishing you health and happiness,
Mark Hyman, MD

Click here to listen on the web

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Today's Motivation​

Friday​

February 26, 2021

As much as we want to believe it, we all don't get the same 24 hours in a day. Some people have more work and responsibilities to attend to, and how we end up using our time gets influenced by many things that are out of our control. So avoid comparing yourself to others regarding how well you use your time. Try your best to make the most of your 24 hours but don't compare your accomplishments with anyone else’s.

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi,

There’s a good reason why your doctor always checks your blood pressure every time you visit.

High blood pressure or hypertension can damage your capillaries (super tiny blood vessels), especially in your kidneys and brain.

And when that happens, hypertension can cause:

• Parts of your kidneys to starve and eventually die, marking the start of kidney failure
  • Parts of your brain to starve and begin to die (vascular dementia) or you may experience microbleeds (the precursor to stroke)
>> [New Ebook] Find Out How to Lower Your Blood Pressure Naturally

While the exact cause of high blood pressure is not always clear, many common—and unhealthy behaviours like inactivity or poor diet—can play a role.

It may sound bleak…

But since lifestyle choices dictate your risk, that means you have the power to keep it under control!

This brand-new ebook by my good friend Jonathan Landsman reveals 18 simple and delicious ways for you to lower your blood pressure, including:

• Brighten up your morning with these intensely-colored fruits (reduces systolic by 7 points!)
  • Mix this "mighty mineral" into your water bottle (triggers up to a 20 mm Hg point drop!)
  • Throw a dash of this sweet spice into your dessert (lowers systolic by 5 points.)
And many more!

This ebook is a must-have, Jim.

So don’t forget to also share it with friends and family.

Get your copy of Lower Your Blood Pressure Naturally ebook here.

To your health,

Sarah Otto

P.S.
Billions of people worldwide are currently struggling with the consequences of chronic high blood pressure. In America alone, almost half of all adults have high blood pressure!

That’s why, together with this ebook, you’ll also receive your complimentary tickets to Jonathan’s Cardiovascular Docu-Class. He’s brought together 22 of the world's brightest minds in heart health who will reveal how to regenerate and repair your heart naturally. Get your ebook + tickets here.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

I recently sat down to reconnect with my colleague, Dr. Colin Ross, whom I first learned of through his work honoring Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez’s legacy.
Given Dr. Ross’s extensive clinical and research experience in the realm of psychological trauma, I thought it would be timely to connect — not around holistic healing of cancer — but around around the role of torture, abuse, neglect, and other overwhelming sources of injury, what this can look like, and how to heal it. 💔😢
Here’s what I asked him… 🤔
  • What do you perceive to be the role of trauma in the expression of mental illness symptoms?
  • Multiple personality disorder has been characterized in popular media as a kind of serious “craziness”…based on your clinical experience how does your perspective differ?
  • I know that you have a connection to MK Ultra whistleblower Cathy O’Brien…can you tell us what MK Ultra (and Project Mockingbird) are?
  • The phrase conspiracy theory itself is a CIA-originated term intended to discredit those who might challenge the mainstream narrative… 🕵️ Share with us your perspective on the role of trauma-based mind control in today’s collective experiences…
  • What is your clinical approach to healing trauma?
Learn all that and more in this revealing interview! 🔍☀️

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

*-- Don't Eat This Stuff Raw --*

Sushi is one of my favorites! It's made with lean fish, vegetables, and avocado, and it's a good way to get vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids. However, sushi can have bacteria and parasites like anisakiasis, which can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and stomach pain. Sushi really isn't meant for everyone. Small children, women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, and people with immune issues should skip raw or undercooked fish. Everyone should also avoid fish that could be high in mercury, like swordfish, bigeye tuna, and shark.

Although my stomach is tough enough to enjoy sushi with me, one thing my stomach never allows me to eat is raw oysters. It sounds like a delicacy but they can carry viruses and bacteria from the water where they live. If they aren't well-cooked, they can infect the people who eat them.

It's so tempting when baking cookies not to try a bit of the dough. Sadly, anything with uncooked flour can make you sick. Don't taste raw dough or batter, and don't add flour to foods that won't be cooked. Kids shouldn't play with flour or dough, either. When you are done handling it, make sure you wash your hands.

I was so surprised when I learned this because never in my young life have I heard never to eat raw kidney beans. They're clearly not something that I would just pick up and eat, but they're definitely not a food on my list that could make me sick if eaten raw. Eating as few as four or five raw kidney beans can make you very sick. The beans, especially red ones, have a protein called bean lectin or PHA. It's usually destroyed during cooking. Soak your raw kidney beans for at least 5 hours, drain them, then boil them for at least 30 minutes.

Hint: Don't use a slow cooker. It won't get the beans hot enough to kill the toxin and no worries, canned beans are safe. They've already been cooked!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Study: Drug Improves Survival for Kidney Cancer​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi,

Last weekend, Dr. Allison Siebecker and I hosted the Next Steps for Tough SIBO Masterclass Summit, a project she has wanted to create for over 3 years.

Reading some of the notes and comments about how the summit has helped you was deeply rewarding. Thank you for taking the time to let us know.

But I've also gotten several messages from people who missed the free viewing...

I get it! Healing SIBO feels like a full-time job, but I know you're like me - trying to fit it in whenever you can. I admire your determination and I am not going to leave you hanging!

The 24-Hour Encore starts right NOW!

>>>> Click here to watch all 28 classes for 24 hours

And if you missed the discounted price to own the series, you’re in luck! I’m opening up the discount to own the series (just $129) for the encore, too. You'll get all 28 classes, plus searchable transcripts, slide decks, and downloadable audio

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Great news :)
I am inviting you to a new masterclass on immunity - offered at no cost - covering some of the most important questions I get asked about immunity, the gut, the brain and how it’s all connected..
Have a Great Day!
Dr. Tom
PS: The video on this page, from Dr. Peter Kan, is only two minutes long, with loads of great information. Don’t miss this! (You can get it here.)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Pentagon reports ALMOST 75 PERCENT of troops turned down Wuhan coronavirus vaccine​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Switzerland REJECTS AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine, citing lack of sufficient data to prove effectiveness​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

DIRTY VACCINES: Human allergies and systemic disorders on the rise due to corrupted inoculations​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Bill Gates, the World Bank and crony capitalism all waging war against Indian farmers​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Pfizer is threatening governments around the world and demanding RANSOM to protect against future vaccine injury lawsuits​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Today I want to tell you about an ancient answer for heart health.

This evergreen shrub is the oldest known medicinal plant in European herbal medicine - with recorded use dating back to the 1st century.

Recent studies reveal it can fight heart disease by...

• increasing the strength of heart contractions
  • increasing blood flow to the heart
  • regulating blood pressure

In this free guide, you will also learn natural strategies to

· Dilate coronary blood vessels to lower blood pressure

· Tone the heart muscle and enhance strong, regular heartbeats

· Reduce sudden cardiac death in patients with certain heart conditions.

—>>Download the Ancient Answer for Heart Health Today!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Today's Motivation​

Saturday​

February 27, 2021

You have suffered enough. Now it's time to enjoy the good things coming your way. New blessings are entering your life. Things are finally looking up. You can relax now. Make space for new energy. Trust your spirit. Open yourself to miracles. Smile. Laugh. Don't be afraid to be happy. You deserve all the abundance of happiness. Put out positive thoughts.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail
Gut/Brain Solution - Encore Weekend

This masterclass features 30 experts who will show you how to overcome mental health challenges like depression, anxiety, brain fog, and other mood disorders by using proven strategies to heal your gut. Watch Now

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Moralization of COVID-19 Clouds Human Judgment​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Cardiovascular Docu-class
The pharmaceutical industry has spent 40 years (and billions of dollars) promoting the idea that your cholesterol levels are associated with heart disease. But the latest heart health research is showing that cholesterol is NOT the enemy anymore - it's actually your friend! The Cardiovascular Docu-Class hosted by natural health advocate and expert Jonathan Landsman - which starts on March 2nd.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
REGENERATE YOURSELF MASTERCLASS ENCORE WEEKEND IS HERE!
Encoded within every tissue of your body is the ability to regenerate; mechanisms that provide you with the right to a life of joy and vitality. In this masterclass, Sayer Ji will help you unlock “radical resiliency” with cutting-edge scientific findings, ancestral wisdom and health-promoting practices — with these tools, you’ll optimize your diet, maximize exercise results, reduce stress and cultivate a thriving environment. All reasons not to miss The Regenerate Yourself Masterclass ENCORE WEEKEND, ending Monday, March 1 at 10am EST.
GREENMEDINFO UNCENSORED CHANNEL

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Here's another that might help​

Clogged Arteries: Causes, Symptoms & Support Strategies​

Cardiac Autophagy: Healing Damaged Heart Cells​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Study: Antidepressants Don't Raise Risk for Deadly Strokes​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Study: Cardiac Pump Extends Lives

By Chauncey Crandall, M.D.

Heart failure is a condition in which a damaged heart becomes too weak to efficiently pump blood. A new implantable heart pump could cut the risk of blood clots, bleeding, and stroke in patients with advanced heart failure, according to a study funded by the device's maker.

The study included more than 1,000 patients who received either Abbott Inc.'s HeartMate 3 left ventricular assist device (LVAD) or the HeartMate II.

Special: Dr. Brownstein: Eye-Opening NEW Vision Formula Protects Eyesight

After two years, about 75% of those in the HeartMate 3 group were still alive, had not suffered a disabling stroke, and did not require another operation to remove a malfunctioning device, compared with nearly 61% in the HeartMate II group, the study found.

The rate at which the pumps need to be replaced has plummeted. According to the study, the rate of pump replacement at two years was 2.3% in the HeartMate 3 group, compared to 11.3% in the HeartMate II group.

Blood clot dangers have also fallen. While nearly 14% of HeartMate II patients experienced pump-related clotting, these issues occurred in just 1.4% of HeartMate 3 patients, researchers found.

With fewer clots, the odds for stroke fell, as well. Disabling stroke occurred in 5% of HeartMate 3 patients, compared with 7.5% of HeartMate II patients.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dear Jimi,

I’m a speaker on an upcoming 3-day virtual summit featuring Type 2 Diabetes experts speaking on how to overcome the various challenges associated with this dreadful disease.

What most people don’t realize is that diabetes usually starts decades before it’s diagnosed and my talk will be focused on how to detect early signs so you can prevent diabetes from affecting you. This event was created to raise awareness about Type 2 Diabetes, the risks, and what can be done to prevent it and even, in most cases, reverse it.

Diabetes, pre-diabetes (insulin resistance) and pre-insulin resistance impact millions of people and costs so much in terms of health care dollars, lost wages and quality of life.

Blood sugar dysregulation is a risk factor for cancer and heart disease. Don’t become a statistic.

Register for the summit and learn how to protect yourself and your family.

To your health and joy,

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi,
Hormonal imbalances can fuel a huge range of conditions including type 2 diabetes, hypothyroidism, obesity, fatigue, and even cancer.
A growing body of evidence tells us that your diet and lifestyle choices have a huge impact on your body’s hormone production.
Get the whole story on which foods can help balance your hormones (and which ones can make them go haywire), here.
Yours for healthy balance,
Ocean Robbins
P.S. Hormones play an important role in almost every aspect of your health. Fortunately, the same habits that are good for your hormonal balance are also good for your mood, life expectancy, vitality, and waistline. Talk about a twofer! Get the whole hormonal story (and some really good news) here.
mail

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Exposure to Antidepressant SSRI’s Early in Life Produces Abnormal Emotional Behaviors in Adults​

and

Acetaminophen Poisoning is the Most Common Cause of Acute Liver Failure in the United States​

both here:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Today's Motivation​

Sunday​

February 28, 2021

The more you try to please everyone around you, the more you will lose your own sense of worth. If you always put other people's needs before your own, you will end up feeling empty inside, confused as to who you really are. You will always second guess yourself, and worry about upsetting other people. Let go of your people pleasing ways and stand up yourself. Surround yourself with those who genuinely care about you.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Featured Videos & Articles
Have you ever wondered why we've spent $2 billion on cancer research and $4 TRILLION on cancer therapy - and still aren't any closer to a cure?

Check out this clip from TTAC [LIVE!] 2019 to hear Dr. Patrick Quillin explain why conventional therapies aren't working... and what you can do differently in the fight against cancer.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Diet plays a major role in both the prevention of cancer and the contributing factors of cancer growth and cancer metastasis. In fact, researchers believe that 30% of deaths associated with cancer today can be prevented from diet alone.

In this brief video, you'll learn about 8 nutrients that are some of the best dietary compounds you can introduce into your diet daily to inhibit the spread of cancer.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In this encouraging interview, Lisa Schroeder shares her journey that began when she received her diagnosis of triple negative DCIS in the left breast. Just like the majority of cancer patients, she was coerced into doing chemo and radiation. Watch until the very end to hear her personal message to those who have been recently diagnosed with cancer. You’ll be inspired!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Finally, if you are “on the fence” about getting your COVID vaxx, here are a few tidbits of info that might help you decide…
  • Observed incidence of Bell's palsy in those vaccinated for COVID is between 3.5-times and 7-times higher than would be expected in the general population. (The Lancet, 2.24.21)
  • Earlier this month, a Virginia minister died shortly after she received a coronavirus vaccination, although “authorities” said there was “no indication the vaccine was at fault.” (NBC News)
  • Brittney Perez died on January 13th, the day after receiving the COVID vaccine. On January 12th, she had swapped her Fakebook profile pic for one of her wearing a mask while displaying a “Covid-19 Vaccination Record Card.” Officials say “there is no reason to believe her death was vaccine related.”
  • There are literally hundreds of deaths that have occurred the same day of vaccination, and in each and every case, the “authorities'' tell us that the vaccine was not at fault. It’s amazing that they can eliminate the vaccine as a potential cause, without any investigation! They must have some “magical pixie dust” that the “vaccine fairies” blow over the bodies to determine the cause of death! (Yes, sarcasm intended… it’s just gotten so ridiculous)
  • According to Neil Miller, “of the 1095 deaths reported to VAERS after Covid vaccination, 17.5% occurred on the day of vaccination, 47.9% clustered within 3 days, and 67.5% occurred within 1 week -- safety signals highly suggestive of a causal relationship. … The deaths reported in VAERS after covid vaccination are not randomly distributed. The clustering of deaths during the early post-vaccination period is a safety signal that should be recognized and investigated.”

But no! “Thou shalt not investigate the COVID vaccine!” (the “11th Commandment” of the Medical Mafia) All posts about vaccine-related deaths are being “fact checked” and determined to be false… even if you merely show the VAERS data from the government’s own website! Once again, this proves that "misinformation" is a euphemism for "any information, no matter how truthful, that might cause people to say NO to vaccines."

Keep the faith and remember “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him and he will make your paths straight.”(Prov 3:5-6)

To Your Health & Liberty,
mail

P.S. Our good friend, Jonathan Landsman, will be dropping several “truth bombs” during the world premiere of the Cardiovascular Docu-Class which starts this Tuesday, March 2nd. If you haven’t already signed up to watch, no worries. Click here to get your free “Ancient Answer For Heart Health” eBook. Or, if you suffer from hypertension, then click here to get your free “Lower Your Blood Pressure Naturally” eBook. When you download either of these free eBooks, you’ll automatically be registered to watch!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
READ THIS if Your Pet is Vaccinated!

Quick question for you, Jimi…

How many vaccinations did you get as a kid?
For us, we both got about 5 or 6 total...

But today, kids get something like 49 doses of 14 vaccines before they’re six years old!
That’s kindergarten age!

Well, guess what…
it’s not just our kids that are getting mega-doses of vaccines…
… our pets are, too!

Did you know that a 5-pound chihuahua gets the same dose of vaccines …
… as a 150-pound mastiff??

Just how much are these vaccines affecting your beloved pets?

It’s a series of 13 short questions that examine diet and lifestyle factors that dramatically increase your pet’s risk of cancer.

>> Take this short quiz to discover your pet’s cancer risk.
(It takes less than 60 seconds)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

KARMA​

I never really understood karma as a kid. It was something that I feared, as if every little thing I did bad like pulling my sister's hair or losing my temper was being tallied against me on some cosmic scoreboard by some unknown deity waiting for the right moment to crush me under the weight of all those mistakes.

Throughout my life, this concern eased of course, and the concept of karma was sort of replaced by simple conscience. But after cancer, my contemplation of karma started again and my understanding clarified. Before, the idea of karma scared me so much because I felt like once an action was taken, there was no taking it back or making up for it. It was up there on that scoreboard for the Universe to see and you just hope you do better next time. But that's a little too black and white, especially for something as complex and unknowable as the Universe.

For me now, hurts and very bad choices instead present us with the opportunity to take a look at how those decisions and hurts came to be. What within me allowed them to happen? Or if something was done towards me, why did it affect me so? How can I help to heal myself and others? And how can I do better next time?

And if I'm being honest, there was definitely a loud voice telling me that cancer was my karmic punishment. That was a dark place to be. What I now think it was in actuality was the motivation that I needed to do the hard and uncomfortable work of considering and taking action on these questions. I had a deep sense that this was a vital piece of healing, both physically and emotionally, and I have come to recognize that sense, whenever I feel it, as a nudge from the Universe. We don't have too many more of the Anishinaabe ethics to reflect on, but this is a really good one that captures my feelings on the nature of karma, ill health, and healing.

"Never speak of others in a bad way. The negative energy that you put out into the universe will multiply when it returns to you. Avoid hurting the hearts of others. The poison of their pain will return to you."

Who knows if they and I are right? This Universe is a strange and complicated place, and there is just so much that we don't and can't understand. But it has been my experience that the wrongs we commit cannot be indefinitely forgotten and escaped. They find a home in us and the people we affected, and eventually, they will come to the surface again. It was a vital part of my healing to realize this because it allowed me to start acknowledging those things I had been willfully ignoring, and of course that was the first step to mending.

And it's a funny thing I discovered: that hearts or souls or whatever you want to call them are just like bones. When bones break, they heal stronger than they were before, but if they don't heal properly, they are more likely to cause other problems. If you don't heal your heart and those of anyone whom your actions have affected, more problems will be created down the line. But, if you take the time to explore and to rediscover the hurts that need tending and then take steps to do that tending, you and those you have affected will heal even stronger than you all were before. And that kind of energy can't help but spread to others and the world around you.

Happy Healing ❤️

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Announcements​

mail

The New Orenda Cancer Community Website Is Live!​

I am beyond excited to announce that the brand new Orenda Cancer Community website is READY! Since I'm developing my first online course, I needed a website that had course hosting capabilities, and so I took the opportunity to develop a completely new website. If you've been here for a while, you will be familiar with my trusty old one. It has served me well, but it's time to move on to bigger and better things.

The new one has everything that the old site did, but it looks completely different and some things may be in new places, so take a few minutes to poke around and explore it if you want. The only things missing right now are the Heal Your Spirit, Heal Your Body series and Clarity in the Cancer Chaos, my first online course. Heal Your Spirit should be up on the site by the end of the weekend, and I'm really hoping to have the course up and ready by the end of next week.

I hope you love it as much as I do!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

Mental Health Monday​

Today, we're finishing up my series on dealing with the day to day fear of a cancer recurrence. In this vlog, I share the last few tips and tools on my list, and I talk about how I use them and how they have helped and continue to help me. Like I said in the previous vlogs, the day to day fear of a cancer recurrence (or even of a first time occurrence like I experienced before I was ever diagnosed) is one of the most difficult challenges we face after active treatment is over, and having some tips and tools to get us through those toughest days can be so helpful. As always, I hope that they bring you comfort, strength, empowerment, and a reminder that your feelings are completely normal and you aren’t alone in them.

Check it out here on the Orenda YouTube channel

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

Resources: TV Series and Films​

When I was first diagnosed, my therapist made a suggestion. She asked me what I thought happened to us after this life, and when I responded that I didn’t know, that I had always said I would just find out when I got there, she suggested that I take some time to explore, to think, to decide what it was I believed happened next. She said that it may help me to have less fear in the wake my diagnosis and in moving into life after cancer once I got to that point.

It wasn’t something I dove into right away, but as I started to develop and explore the spiritual side of my healing, I remembered her words. I didn’t actively pursue it, and I don’t think I developed my beliefs in the traditional way that most would. I'm really into podcasts and tv shows/series about the supernatural, the paranormal, folklore, legends, and the like, and I got into them just a year or two before my diagnosis. After a few years of listening and watching a lot, finding my favourites and running through their entire library of episodes, I recently realised something. Going along on the journey with the podcasters and producers of these shows, listening to them explore and discuss and debate, hearing first hand stories of experiences had and messages received, I realised that I have indeed developed beliefs about what happens after this life and, as a result, I fear death less, both my own and that of my loved ones. What started out as entertainment has been surprisingly comforting.

If you are similarly interested in exploring and developing your beliefs in this area, I would like to suggest a Netflix miniseries called "Surviving Death" that looks at near death experiences, mediumship, signs from the dead, spirits and ghosts, and reincarnation with 1-2 episodes dedicated to each topic. Just like with the podcasts, I found it oddly comforting and thought that, if it’s a fear you are struggling with, it may help some of you work through those feelings a bit too.

Check out "Surviving Death" here on Netflix

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

Lessons Cancer Taught Me: Year 3​

In my first year after diagnosis, I started to have realizations about different things I was learning from cancer: ways I was changing, positive growth I was experiencing, and how my perspective on life was shifting. I started writing them down, and it is something that I continue today. I am currently sharing my lessons from year three in the Facebook group, so if you have missed any of them, visit the link below to see the most recent one, and then meander through the posts on the group wall to see the others. I will keep posting until I share them all. I hope they speak to you and help you find some pockets of light in your own darkness.

See the most recent here

VU Sponsors