Late Night in DIYland, take II

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glassgrl, have you watched Orange is the New Black? I'm in love with that show. They have a lot of great stuff lately.

I'm a fan! The real Piper & Larry were on The View today with Jason Biggs who plays Larry.
Now I need to read more about the real Piper & her book.

We watched season 1 & 2. then started watching season one again.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A new vape store opened up right by my hairdresser. The commercials are saying they have a huge tasting bar with Suicide Bunny, Nicoticket, Mad Murdock and blahblahblah. A few I've wanted to try but not enough to buy (having been burned more than once). I'm excited. My hair appointment is next Tuesday. I really hope they aren't a bunch of douchey kids.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A new vape store opened up right by my hairdresser. The commercials are saying they have a huge tasting bar with Suicide Bunny, Nicoticket, Mad Murdock and blahblahblah. A few I've wanted to try but not enough to buy (having been burned more than once). I'm excited. My hair appointment is next Tuesday. I really hope they aren't a bunch of douchey kids.

Can be fun -
taste some of the flavors you want then go home to DIY the ones you like for yourself
Enjoy!

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just had the urge to mix,
- Blackberry
- Blueberry
- Mntn Dew
- Circus cotton candy

I wont vape it but I'm sure someone will like it. sounds interesting

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Still moving furniture here.. but it sure is looking a lot better..
only 4 more rooms to go.. wee! :D

my lolly #1 currently vaping on.. reminds me of those pop rocks..
without the pop :oops::p

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Still moving furniture here.. but it sure is looking a lot better..
only 4 more rooms to go.. wee! :D

my lolly #1 currently vaping on.. reminds me of those pop rocks..
without the pop :oops::p

Think I need to read backwards - I was AWOL yesterday
You a professional mover Smoky Blue?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Think I need to read backwards - I was AWOL yesterday
You a professional mover Smoky Blue?

oh no!! not me..

My mom died 2 years ago.. and I have been steady working on her house.. weeding thru the junk, and cleaning..
since i got the majority, now I am re arranging furniture to clean out from behind and around.. fun times..

but happy i am vaping.. scrubbing nicotine from all this is just not a joy.. :oops:

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I love those orange slices! They are getting pretty hard to find, though. HIC has a recipe for those Terry's chocolate oranges, yummy!

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Smoky Blue -
I have always admired your avatar. I imagined it to be one sexy lady dancing with a cocktail in her right hand. Now, maybe it is representing a hard working lady scrubbing a wall holding a bottle of all purpose cleaner...

Naw...That's a lady dancing and holding a cold beer!!! :)

danykitten

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just had the urge to mix,
- Blackberry
- Blueberry
- Mntn Dew
- Circus cotton candy

I wont vape it but I'm sure someone will like it. sounds interesting
Hmm sounds like a voltage mtn dew yummy

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Smoky Blue -
I have always admired your avatar. I imagined it to be one sexy lady dancing with a cocktail in her right hand. Now, maybe it is representing a hard working lady scrubbing a wall holding a bottle of all purpose cleaner...

cerveza fría :D

danykitten

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well vape mail won't be here until Thursday now which is a little sad but life goes on. I did make a chocolate covered orange once built I think the orange cream I put in was too much. Still good though

I love reading flowerpots diary. It's about the only reason I go to the old place

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
what saline does everyone use?

I make my own with kosher sea salt and distilled water.

Edit - I use AmandaD's recipe she posted in the "other not to be mentioned" forum.

Last edited:

danykitten

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey flower how do you make yours? Rocket gave in ingredients but she didn't remember time

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Let me look up the recipe in my notes right quick...brb

Do you need microwave heating time only or the whole recipe?

I've only made it once so I couldn't remember, I had to look it up. You nuke the water until it boils, to allow the salt to dissolve.

I will say this, though, if anyone is using the recipe that AmandaD posted, it makes a higher % saline than 0.9%, I think. I made it as it was written (unless I copy/pasted wrong) and the solution was very salty. So, I took the recipe and dumped half the water with the dissolved salt and added that much distilled water back in. I have no idea what the end result % is, but I've tasted 0.9% saline before, and the taste was then in the ballpark of that.

Last edited:

danykitten

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fantastic. Thanks. This just makes so much more sense then buying it pre made. Cheaper too

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fantastic. Thanks. This just makes so much more sense then buying it pre made. Cheaper too

Yeah, it's easy to make, cheaper, and you can use the distilled water for other vaping stuff anyway.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
oh no!! not me..

My mom died 2 years ago.. and I have been steady working on her house.. weeding thru the junk, and cleaning..
since i got the majority, now I am re arranging furniture to clean out from behind and around.. fun times..

but happy i am vaping.. scrubbing nicotine from all this is just not a joy.. :oops:

Ah that is quite the chore.

Have done a few house clean outs in the past.

understand the yellow walls. Amazing what a coat of paint can do or a bucket of bleach.

We never smoked in the living space of my current house. Except my office/ a finished room in basement. Glad my house no longer has that smell or tinted walls.

Good luck sir!

vaping one day at a time

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Smoky Blue -

I'll have what he's having. ;-)

vaping one day at a time

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
*giggles..

yes for bleach.. ;) good for wallpaper.. haven't decided on new wallpaper or paint just yet, mainly just trying to get all those dust bunnies!!:p
my mom smoked all her life.. mainly in the living room, with paneling, so it is a pain.. buying a steam cleaner for the carpets soon.. so that will help on smell too.. sometimes I can wake up and still smell her cigs.. weird tho.. I have changed all the air filters out, and hoping the scrub down i am doing will help even more..

oh.. and I am all fem!;):p

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's a slow night in DIYland tonight.

danykitten

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been trying for a baja blast. Vapor renu has the flavoring in concentrate which I've heard is pretty good.

Citrus punch 10%
Blue berry extra 5%
Key lime 2%

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Well it's about that time for me.. hope someone will have the coffee still going in the morning..

night every body! ;)

10391439_10152215002172374_375952554164134364_n.jpg

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm a fan! The real Piper & Larry were on The View today with Jason Biggs who plays Larry.
Now I need to read more about the real Piper & her book.

We watched season 1 & 2. then started watching season one again.
That's exactly what I've been doing. I sailed through season 2! My boyfriend has no interest in it........ then he saw one of the scenes with Piper and Alex.... WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING?? Lmao.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's exactly what I've been doing. I sailed through season 2! My boyfriend has no interest in it........ then he saw one of the scenes with Piper and Alex.... WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING?? Lmao.
Me too! Watched 1&2 with no interest from the wife until the end started re-watching. Can't wait for season 3.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Man, again, I take a night or two off and have some serious catching up to do! However, in it till 0700 PDST tonight. Who's up for the durration?

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, just me and you tonight, huh Pots?

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
*giggles..

yes for bleach.. ;) good for wallpaper.. haven't decided on new wallpaper or paint just yet, mainly just trying to get all those dust bunnies!!:p
my mom smoked all her life.. mainly in the living room, with paneling, so it is a pain.. buying a steam cleaner for the carpets soon.. so that will help on smell too.. sometimes I can wake up and still smell her cigs.. weird tho.. I have changed all the air filters out, and hoping the scrub down i am doing will help even more..

oh.. and I am all fem!;):p

Sorry about the Sir thing Miss Smoky. ;-)

There's stuff at home depot called TPS or TSP. used it years ago. It's a lIquid. We put it in a bucket with water. Used big sponges to wash down paneling before we painted it.

vaping one day at a time

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Ahh will have to see if I can find some..
not sure I want to go with the painted route tho.. but will see what happens..
at the worse, i'd have the replace the paneling.. but maybe that wouldn't be a bad idea either..

morning Claire and Flowers.. think I am not awake! o_O

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Morning all! I been awake since a few minutes before 6. :-/

Woke up with cramp in leg. Tho I did fall asleep much earlier than I usually do. I had a good 6.5 hrs sleep. I'm good to go.

After I made all sorts of noise trying to get rid of leg cramp -- sheba dog & TOH went back to sleep.

Drinking some hot chai. Reading. Vaping - watching news.

Going to meet my son and mom for lunch later and go walk around a few shops. Son goes back to NJ tmwr early morning.

Planning a mix marathon after I get home later this afternoon.

vaping one day at a time

VU Sponsors