Become a Patron!

Late Night in DIYland, take II

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
oooh sounds like you will have a good day!!

I have to go run some juice to the post office.. go snag a steam cleaner and a few groceries..
then it is on!! oh and i need more vinegar.. :D

I think it will be a tobacco day for me..;)

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ahh will have to see if I can find some..
not sure I want to go with the painted route tho.. but will see what happens..
at the worse, i'd have the replace the paneling.. but maybe that wouldn't be a bad idea either..

morning Claire and Flowers.. think I am not awake! o_O

I'm pretty sure that's the name. Ask in home depot. I just know it worked great on paneling from the 70s in the house I was in.

I was skeptical about painting paneling. It was a 100 yr old home at the time. We were afraid of what might be behind the walls if we . Started pulling paneling. And that would have been more work. Time and money than we were willing to put into it.

The paneling was in an entry. Long narrow far hall in to my apt. After painting - it was cleaner brighter and have a cottage feel.

vaping one day at a time

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I can understand.. still, i am not looking forward.. not awake!!:D

but i can say i have found new muscles :p fun times!
and my son is learning so much on this project of ours..
he says he likes it better when I mix o_O

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's exactly what I've been doing. I sailed through season 2! My boyfriend has no interest in it........ then he saw one of the scenes with Piper and Alex.... WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING?? Lmao.

Lol about your boy friend.

I saw an interview on The View yesterday. Jason biggs who plays Larry and the real piper and Larry were there too.

Piper should have kept Alex around! Piper is a pretty woman. The real Larry - well eh. Google to see for yourself.

I'd keep Alex around if she looks anything like the character in the show. ;-)

I'm excIted for another season.

Also looking forward to better call saul.

vaping one day at a time

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Been up for 3 hrs. Ready for nap! Just made a couple of fried eggs.

vaping one day at a time

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Been another all nighter for me. Been up since 5pm PDST yesterday and don't get off work for another hour. Then home to waking kids, the honey do list, and a remodel in a bathroom that's been ongoing for the last month! I might get 4-5 hours of zzzzz's before starting it all over again, but that's the graveyard life! Now, How about sharing some of those eggs @ClaireW?

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Been another all nighter for me. Been up since 5pm PDST yesterday and don't get off work for another hour. Then home to waking kids, the honey do list, and a remodel in a bathroom that's been ongoing for the last month! I might get 4-5 hours of zzzzz's before starting it all over again, but that's the graveyard life! Now, How about sharing some of those eggs @ClaireW?

Sure Chowder! Breakfast is my fav meal to make besides cooking outside on smoker.

That shift you do I'm sure wears on you. My ex bro-inlaw did it for many yrs. work, go home get kids ready for school, house duties, maybe sleep, repeat

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good morning all. I had fried eggs for breakfast too. There is this one frying pan I have that flips them perfectly, don't even need a spatula. Such an Emeril moment.

glassgrl? you make drip tips?

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sure Chowder! Breakfast is my fav meal to make besides cooking outside on smoker.

That shift you do I'm sure wears on you. My ex bro-inlaw did it for many yrs. work, go home get kids ready for school, house duties, maybe sleep, repeat
Yep, that sounds just about like the schedule I keep. And thanks for the eggs, I'm sure they were spectacular!

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good morning all. I had fried eggs for breakfast too. There is this one frying pan I have that flips them perfectly, don't even need a spatula. Such an Emeril moment.
Nice! Sounds better than when I cook eggs! I have to use a chisel to scrape them off.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Piper should have kept Alex around! Piper is a pretty woman. The real Larry - well eh. Google to see for yourself.

I'd keep Alex around if she looks anything like the character in the show. ;-)

vaping one day at a time
OK, so I googled Larry. I can certainly see why Piper would rather google Alex.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
glassgrl? you make drip tips?

I do but I'm behind right now between trying new stuff and the heat. No AC in the shop. Wahwahwah. You know...I wouldn't have been even able to answer that question on the other forum without taking the risk of being a (doomdoomdoom) 'unregistered supplier'.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's a little non-stick pan that gets a spray of Pam. The eggs slide around slicker than sn...ok nevermind. Not such a good analogy for eggs. lol
Fried snot? That's about the only thing I haven't seen fried at the county fair!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ahh will have to see if I can find some..
not sure I want to go with the painted route tho.. but will see what happens..
at the worse, i'd have the replace the paneling.. but maybe that wouldn't be a bad idea either..

morning Claire and Flowers.. think I am not awake! o_O
That stuff that Claire referenced is great. It's called TSP, and it removes all gunk from walls.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been trying to wake up for hours. The cats have been running amuck.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh my lord, he will. He was blindfolded at that moment, touring the Jelly Belly facility. Pretty cool. They make that Beanboozled line to look like some of their regular flavors. Give a handful of good ones to a "friend" with a horrible flavor thrown into the mix.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Interesting little bit of info- Etsy now considers e-cigarettes and accessories to be drug paraphernalia.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wish I was kidding, they suspended my shop. Thinking someone complained...hmmm. There are about 1700 other items, just e-cig related, and that's not counting the actual paraphernalia. Tons of spoons, dishes and dabbers. Oh well, I have many other avenues to explore.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
These selling and funding venues are making it very hard for people to sell anything e-cig related. This is angering when you look at an ethics standpoint and see that ebay sells name brand/designer knock-offs, and doesn't work pro-actively in the policing department anyway, and still sells some e-cig stuff, just not the ones not reported to them by some snitch. Ebay also sells what people know to be xxx accessories. How crazy of a society do we have when e-cigs are the enemy, but xxx is not. I'm not against xxx per se, but I think it's twisted logic. Then there's paypal. I have suspicions that they do or will in the near future, accept fund transfers for medicinal mxrijuana purchases. Blech the whole thing just makes me ill.

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I wish I was kidding, they suspended my shop. Thinking someone complained...hmmm. There are about 1700 other items, just e-cig related, and that's not counting the actual paraphernalia. Tons of spoons, dishes and dabbers. Oh well, I have many other avenues to explore.

wonder if we all got together, if @VaporJoes might consider something similar to etsy for our ecig things.. :D

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@glassgrl, I can't find the original post to quote it, but I tried the Angel Sauce clone again using the Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. This is really very good. I was rummaging through my flavors last night and found a FW Blood Orange. Do you think this orange would work in it? The recipe does need an orange.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@flowerpots hey! H.H. do you ever sleep?

Howdy! Who me sleep? I do, but only for about 4 hours at a time usually. But, these late, up to 5am nights are killing me. I got zero work done this morning. Why? Because I was still in bed lol

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Greets... ;)

Just made up my long-procrastinated 30 ml bottles of new DIY flavors: one of ECX Captain and one of ECX French Pipe. Both with a few little alterations.

And, I made them in 14mg for something new. Because, I have nothing to vape in my TOBH that is built at 0.7 duals and my normal 18mg is just about painful to vape at that level on a copper mod.

Gonna be some thunderstorms this eve...time to kick back with a cold beer and relax. It's still like 85F out....ugh.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm really disappointed with Etsy. I thought they were above the bullshit. I wonder how their decision benefits them. I always assumed they were run by some hippies. I must be mistaken.
I wonder if Claire's TOH would be interested in selling them in her shop. Seems like they'd be an excellent addition.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tonight's agenda:
new coils in all RDAs
Wick all new coils
mix some flavors
post on forum

wait, I have to pick the kid up. Then I have to feed her. Shoot. I should probably talk to her too. Shower. Bed. Clean kitchen. I wonder if I can teach her to wrap coils. No. Nevermind that. make her lunch for tomorrow. Sleep. Dagnabbit!

Revised agenda: post on forum.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm really disappointed with Etsy. I thought they were above the bullshit. I wonder how their decision benefits them. I always assumed they were run by some hippies. I must be mistaken.
I wonder if Claire's TOH would be interested in selling them in her shop. Seems like they'd be an excellent addition.

Etsy started like that, but is nearly all peddled China merch now. They saw what was going on, and now make "vintage/cratfy/hand-made" goods and sell them by the truckload.

There are a LOT of e-cig related products on there though, cases, bangles, holders, various types of organic wicking, etc. I don't know how they can just ax it all when they also sell tons of weed-related merch....

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You drip sub ohm @18? Make sure to leave your throat to science.
Greets... ;)

Just made up my long-procrastinated 30 ml bottles of new DIY flavors: one of ECX Captain and one of ECX French Pipe. Both with a few little alterations.

And, I made them in 14mg for something new. Because, I have nothing to vape in my TOBH that is built at 0.7 duals and my normal 18mg is just about painful to vape at that level on a copper mod.

Gonna be some thunderstorms this eve...time to kick back with a cold beer and relax. It's still like 85F out....ugh.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You drip sub ohm @18? Make sure to leave your throat to science.

LOL, no...that is why I'm making the lower stuff. I tried some 16mg and it was nearly OK, so I figure 14 should be fine. I'm used to vaping the 18mg at 1.0 - 1.4Ω.

I don't normally build that low, but wanted to give the copper TOBH and copper King v2 something to really work with. Boy, does it utilize the f0ck out of it. Especially with that reducer cap...eesh..

Last edited:

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@glassgrl, I can't find the original post to quote it, but I tried the Angel Sauce clone again using the Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. This is really very good. I was rummaging through my flavors last night and found a FW Blood Orange. Do you think this orange would work in it? The recipe does need an orange.

I've never had their blood orange, but now I need to get some! I'm semi-addicted to Blood Orange soda. I'm vaping the original recipe right now with no other additions. It's a teeny bit sour but not bad at all, it's growing on me. Go for it! Let me know how that works out.

I do need to find another venue for e-cig stuffs. Or get off my butt and get a new website. Another glass person I know got her shop closed today too. Paypal may be a big driving force behind all this, but it's not totally them I don't think.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Greets... ;)

ahhh stormy nights and some tobacco are good..:)

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OMG

ok, who read that as 0 milligrams and who read it as oh my god?

Nah, OMG is usually all capitals, while 0mg makes more sense for milligrams. ;)

Here, I have this:

1393567984338118.jpg

evilgrin.gif

VU Sponsors