Late Night in DIYland, take II

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Listening to "AM Coast to Coast" radio show last night, I heard that the fires are pushing Bigfoot to the other side of the mountain and into inhabited areas...

Oh, you listen to Coast to Coast too? We might have to do a late nite marathon then. I've learned more about the paranormal and aliens than I ever wanted to lol

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh, you listen to Coast to Coast too? We might have to do a late nite marathon then. I've learned more about the paranormal and aliens than I ever wanted to lol

Occasionally. About 2 - 3 times per week, I have trouble sleeping. I use my cell phone in I-Heart radio app and the 30 min sleep timer under my pillow. Most of the time, I am asleep before the timer runs out. Sometime there is a good guest and topic that keeps me resetting the sleep timer. Some of the stuff is waaaay out there. Sometimes they have a good topic, but crappy guest list.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Occasionally. About 2 - 3 times per week, I have trouble sleeping. I use my cell phone in I-Heart radio app and the 30 min sleep timer under my pillow. Most of the time, I am asleep before the timer runs out. Sometime there is a good guest and topic that keeps me resetting the sleep timer. Some of the stuff is waaaay out there. Sometimes they have a good topic, but crappy guest list.

I enjoy some of the topics too. It's definitely interesting, one way or the other. It helps me to sleep too. Works like a charm.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love paranormal stuff. There were ghosts in the house I grew up in. Nice ones. The town was an old army outpost, ghost stories were everywhere. A lot more people believed in ghosts than didn't.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey, glassgrl, if you believe in ghosts, do you believe our relatives or really anyone who has died can watch over us, be there with us somehow?

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like the watch over us part. I miss 'em.
I see whatcha mean. I still rather not though because it means all of em are watching. That's a lot of watching over, but I can understand the comfort it brings if it were just the select few.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I swear one night when I walked in my front door I smelled my Dad's cologne. He'd been gone about 1.5 years at that time. I kinda freaked out lol. Mom. I always miss Mom. Always. Dad and I were close, I still miss him all the time. Mom was my bestie. I hear ya Flowerpots. Rocket you made me giggle!

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got bored and made a nice annotated image of my modest mod collection. :)

[ Click for the full size - 1280x750 , 1.5MB ]

(Out loud:) Now, that is just a sickening display of power and financial irresponcibility! (While thinking to myself:) Damn, I wish I had half that stuff!

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good morning FP! Any fun plans this weekend?

Mixing day for me. Never got to it the past two days.

vaping one day at a time

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey, glassgrl, if you believe in ghosts, do you believe our relatives or really anyone who has died can watch over us, be there with us somehow?

Yeah, kind of. Not in a stalkerish or voyeuristic way. Cramptholemew cracking me up. lol My mom and I lived in different states. The day she died, after I got off the phone with the investigators and family members and what not, I went to lay down for a bit. The phone rang and it was my mom. Crossmyheartsweartogawd. She told me she was fine and was going to go do things she'd always wanted to do, like go to Australia. (That was #1 on her bucket list.) She said she'd check in from time to time. And she has. Some people have dreams, their people come to them in dreams. Some people think I dreamed that, but I don't. It just seemed normal, I don't try to commune with spirits or anything.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, kind of. Not in a stalkerish or voyeuristic way. Cramptholemew cracking me up. lol My mom and I lived in different states. The day she died, after I got off the phone with the investigators and family members and what not, I went to lay down for a bit. The phone rang and it was my mom. Crossmyheartsweartogawd. She told me she was fine and was going to go do things she'd always wanted to do, like go to Australia. (That was #1 on her bucket list.) She said she'd check in from time to time. And she has. Some people have dreams, their people come to them in dreams. Some people think I dreamed that, but I don't. It just seemed normal, I don't try to commune with spirits or anything.

No, I understand what you mean. I've had very similar experiences with my mother passing. But, I've never experienced these things before with other friends/family members who died, just her. I totally believe the phone conversation. My mother was trying to show me things, communicate with me. I was very unnerved for a long time, thinking I was going crazy. People who have never experienced these things don't get it.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey @Chowder....yeah, about 4.5 hours, not bad. You still awake since last night?
Still going strong; at least for the next hour. Then WEEKEND TIME, HELL YAH! Three nights and four days off! I might catch up on some sleep sometime during the time off. If the wife allows that is!

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good morning sunshine!! Your quote, above, means "Toes Go In First" to the blonds of our world..

Did you get any sleep last night??

About 4.5 hours, not too shabby.

I must be blonde, I don't get it. Toes go in where first, exactly? Shoes? The pool?

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Still going strong; at least for the next hour. Then WEEKEND TIME, HELL YAH! Three nights and four days off! I might catch up on some sleep sometime during the time off. If the wife allows that is!

The way you manage this is tell her to go shopping! And you stay home and keep the sofa from levitating.

Edit - just be prepared for the consequences i.e. lots of shoes and less money in the budget lol

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I always thought a blonde’s head went in first....! Aren't ass cheeks a blonde's earmuffs?

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The way you manage this is tell her to go shopping! And you stay home and keep the sofa from levitating.

Edit - just be prepared for the consequences i.e. lots of shoes and less money in the budget lol
Then who's going to be the "bag mule"?

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good morning FP! Any fun plans this weekend?

Mixing day for me. Never got to it the past two days.

vaping one day at a time

No fun plans really. I've got to clean the house, run some errands, and pack more. How about you?

skagit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ThreadHijack1.gif

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
^^^^^ I see somebody is late to the party! Ok, on topic....Looking to try out some "good" flavors for mixing. If you had only a budget of $20 for flavors, what flavors would you get for what recipes?

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
^^^^^ I see somebody is late to the party! Ok, on topic....Looking to try out some "good" flavors for mixing. If you had only a budget of $20 for flavors, what flavors would you get for what recipes?

@Chowder, what kind of vapes/juices do you like? Fruit, tobacco, dessert, methol? Anything you can't stand?

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fruit, desserts, cinnamon, etc.... I don't think I would ever use a tobacco flavor again! It's what I ran away from 5 yars ago when I started vaping. There's not much that I can say I wouldn't vape in a pinch, but since mix, I don't believe I'll be in a pinch for a looooong time!

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Chowder - there's FA fan girls/fan boys, and INA/INW fan girls/fan boys, and then there are people who have a variety of flavors from all manufacturers. I tend to be an INA fan girl, but I like variety and not every brand has the best flavors across the board. So, if you don't have a brand preference, I would order based on where you get the biggest bang for your buck.

HIC has some outstanding recipes. And I've substituted FA for other brands and have been pleased with the results. So, that's something to keep in mind. You just may have to tweak the %'s based on what you use.

@Cramptholomew has some good recipes too, though I haven't tried them yet. I'm still working on my standalone testing and making recipes out of those.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've mostly experimented with LA and TFA's from Wizzard. I don't mind branching out, but with the limited budget this time around, I don't want to miss the mark (by much, if at all). So, I was looking for suggestions for either singles or batch for a recipe trial.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh, and trying to actually say something on topic for once!

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fruit, desserts, cinnamon, etc.... I don't think I would ever use a tobacco flavor again! It's what I ran away from 5 yars ago when I started vaping. There's not much that I can say I wouldn't vape in a pinch, but since mix, I don't believe I'll be in a pinch for a looooong time!

Yeah, I get that. A lot of people feel the same way - they left tobacco and have no desire to ever taste anything remotely close to it again.

I would browse through the recipe section and see what catches your eye.

I made HIC's Kalev and Hussel recipe and it's very good, I didn't use FA flavors. I substituted, but it still turned out good. It's like those chocolate-covered jelly candies you can find sometimes, usually with orange or raspberry flavored jelly. But, HIC's is black currant.

I also made HIC's Black Barrrel Whisky Mac and it's outstanding, as is the Brandied Apricots.

I like WL if you like TFA. For $20, you can get about 10 flavors and shipping.

VU Sponsors