Become a Patron!

Next Generation MTL tanks Part 2

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's not really a rebuildable. It does come with an rba but yiu cam buy ready made coils for it. You can also rewick said coils instead of fully rebuilding

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As far as MTL I don't know, but I doubt it. But the rewicking capabilities are great for us "basement dwellers" as we were so affectionately referred to. Lol

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I didn't expect them to be interchangeable but was hoping for close performance

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reaper Coil Heads

201512251216034214.jpg

Tornado Nano Coil Heads

201606151519118156.jpg

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Cooling system?
Say what?
Now I'm confused...Damn it.
I don't know what it is, but cooling systems are refrenced in both of these following pictures. I'm thinking they are different though now that I've read a little more and seeing those pics you posted above.
8f1a65a1b7b6c62661dc057d26cb1680.jpg

c75d4d89e70173fe91302c870742761d.jpg

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I got it a couple of days before the Petri rta, so I only played with it for that time. Single coil is pretty good, dual coil better. Unfortunately the Alleria and the Petri have spoiled me for other DL tanks. I wish someone will chime in with a comparison between the Petri authentic and SXK clone. The price of admission for the authentic is a bit high....
would love to hear as well... Ill admit to being a bit of a petri fanboy but the rta hasn't exactly lived up to my expectations in performance.
its a damn nice vape, don't get me wrong; but, I have had better.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know what it is, but cooling systems are refrenced in both of these following pictures. I'm thinking they are different though now that I've read a little more and seeing those pics you posted above.
8f1a65a1b7b6c62661dc057d26cb1680.jpg

c75d4d89e70173fe91302c870742761d.jpg
Hmm...Possibly the chip thingy I guess.I doubt the (Tornado Nano) would be for me.It just screams (RTA).

I'm currently checking out the (Tornado150).

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hmm...Possibly the chip thingy I guess.I doubt the (Tornado Nano) would be for me.It just screams (RTA).

I'm currently checking out the (Tornado150).

The nano and the 150 seem quite similar. Both have pre made coils as well as rta decks. The deck on the nano looks easier to build to me but neither are MTL tanks I don't think.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The nano and the 150 seem quite similar.
Yes but looks can be deceiving.From everything I've read the Tornado 150 seems to beat out the Tornado Nano.

Both have pre made coils as well as rta decks.
But they are completely different coils and rda's.

The deck on the nano looks easier to build to me but neither are MTL tanks I don't think.
It's bigger so yeah it would be easier.Also I believe you're right about neither being a MTL option.Not that it matters to me as I like both MTL & DL.
I guess @f1r3b1rd isn't the only bi-coastal vapor here...HA HA HA!!

Ijoy has another tank i'm interested in the weirdly named (GOODGER).

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ijoy has been putting out a lot of nice tanks lately. The deck on the 150 is like the deck on my magma reborn. I'm not a fan of that type of setup. I find it hard to get the coils to go in right.
I enjoy both styles as well but honestly, these days I've been more toward the dark side. I've got my MTL tanks sitting on the sidelines and been using my recoil rda almost exclusively

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ijoy has been putting out a lot of nice tanks lately.
This makes me happy! :inlove:

The deck on the 150 is like the deck on my magma reborn. I'm not a fan of that type of setup. I find it hard to get the coils to go in right.
I never owned/used that tank so I'll take your word for it.

I enjoy both styles as well but honestly
There seems to be more and more of us bi-coastal vapors these days.

I've got my MTL tanks sitting on the sidelines and been using my recoil rda almost exclusively
My Endura 22 with Cort's Revenge in it is on the left hand side of my desk and my Coolfire IV Plus Storm Edition with Blue Balls in it is on the right side.
I've been switching back and forth today.I'll take a couple big pulls from the Coolfire then switch back to tootle puffing with the Endura...Yep I'm weird that way.:crazy:

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, way too tall. Will need a nano kit for sure.

Airflow hole under coil looks pretty big to me... same issue as KFV5 and Rose3, for my style.
Yeah it's the same size air hole as the KF5 I believe. Air Reducer sold separately..the original does not even come with one. $160 and they can't throw it in. Gotta get the kit for my KF5 and I'll love it..right now without it, it is a kinda crappie MTL. For my liking. My new KF3 mini is great for a tight draw..enjoying it a lot..hoping with the kit on the 5 all will be good.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Things to keep in mind when vaping the Tobeco super tank mini, but not the rta version :
1. There is no juice control,
2. Close afc ring before removing the top,
3. When you have just a few drops of juice in the tank, a) do not place on it's side or coil will be drying on one side, and b)you better refill,
4. The wick is not scottish roll (in my case) so dry really means dry, not "I have at least 4 more pulls before refilling"
5. Dry hits really suck, and even worse, I don't have any more coils handy.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@f1r3b1rd, not to be nosy, (even though I am ) what other tanks have better flavor? The Petri and Alleria side by side, call me uncouth, but they are about the same. The Alleria holds more juice but the Petri is easier to refill. I have almost identical builds in them yet the juice profile is different. No, I'm not buzzed, I have the same juice in both. I just put the Petri on the Slice and the vape is better, at lower watts and temp than what I had one the VF. Go figure!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Things to keep in mind when vaping the Tobeco super tank mini, but not the rta version :
1. There is no juice control,
2. Close afc ring before removing the top,
3. When you have just a few drops of juice in the tank, a) do not place on it's side or coil will be drying on one side, and b)you better refill,
4. The wick is not scottish roll (in my case) so dry really means dry, not "I have at least 4 more pulls before refilling"
5. Dry hits really suck, and even worse, I don't have any more coils handy.
Thanks for the heads up.I'm trying to decide between 3 different tanks currently.
1 - Tobeco Supertank Mini
2 - Innokin Axium
3 - Ijoy Tornado 150

Color me conflicted.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@snake94115, welcome to my world. In all honesty, the tobeco is pretty good, it's just that I've been using rtas in the last 6 months or so and I forgot "the rules" when using regular tanks.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@f1r3b1rd, not to be nosy, (even though I am ) what other tanks have better flavor? The Petri and Alleria side by side, call me uncouth, but they are about the same. The Alleria holds more juice but the Petri is easier to refill. I have almost identical builds in them yet the juice profile is different. No, I'm not buzzed, I have the same juice in both. I just put the Petri on the Slice and the vape is better, at lower watts and temp than what I had one the VF. Go figure!
you can be uncouth ... lmao
I don't have an aleria so I can compare that one. also, I do the same thing, I use the same flavor to see what I like and sometimes I just like the same flavor in different forms.
I'm liking the flavor better in the avocado 22- same build as in the petri rta
I'm also liking it better in the kf5 and serpent mini with afc wide open

I guess compared to other bottom afc dual coil attys, it is the tits, but that avocado rips it to shreds.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I had the "chips", I'd buy all authentic vape gear.
The avocado is a genny type and that takes it off my list, even though the flavor is probably better. The Theorem is my only genny type, and I used it for about 5 minutes.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If I had the "chips", I'd buy all authentic vape gear.
The avocado is a genny type and that takes it off my list, even though the flavor is probably better. The Theorem is my only genny type, and I used it for about 5 minutes.
I cant use a genni....
I keep my mod in my lap - all day. So anything leaky is TOTALLY out of the question. I tried a theorem right when they came out, it went in the trash. That thing is the definition of shitstank.
I was completely anti rdta, until a friend had an avocado so I tried his. i love the thing. it took a minute to get the wicking down, but other than that its been great for DL and ok for mtl.
i have a 24mm and 2 of the 22mm. personally i like the 22 better.
no leaks, do the genny tilt to avoid dry hits and it runs perfectly

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
091384f21598a73e9ba998de133f8bf7.jpg

Brushed off my starter .... The tank itself has a few upgrades; but, shockingly, nothing new is quite as good of an mtl vape.
Not sure if I nailed the build or maybe it's the nostalgia but at 3 years old this thing makes my other mtl tanks fall a little short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What tank, and what upgrades? Inquiring minds want to know.
its just an authentic kayfun3.1 with the old sov tank and Vicious Ant Chaplin driptip.
no upgrades to airflow or anything just a different actual tank.
i used that setup exactly as is for almost a year and nothing else.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know much about the older kayfuns, would the K3.1ES be as good or different? Just curious, if it is as good, I might give it a try.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't know much about the older kayfuns, would the K3.1ES be as good or different? Just curious, if it is as good, I might give it a try.
It should be yes.
The kayfun light had a fixed airflow; which was set ideally for most in the mtl style. The res were all tight mtl attys but still had an afc adjustment.
As far as clones go, the ehpro, sxk, hcigar and infinite were regarded widely as the best.
The draw on them is tighter than the kf4, and the most common build is 6/7 wraps of 28g at 2mm
I'm using 6 wraps at 3mm
At 1.7ohms and 4.4v (11.4w)

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
091384f21598a73e9ba998de133f8bf7.jpg

Brushed off my starter .... The tank itself has a few upgrades; but, shockingly, nothing new is quite as good of an mtl vape.
Not sure if I nailed the build or maybe it's the nostalgia but at 3 years old this thing makes my other mtl tanks fall a little short.

+1

My KFL+ is in my rotation constantly and with tobaccos is exceptional vape.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@BrewBear if you want to try a KF on the cheap, this will get you a KFL+:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009156/2088403-replacement-base-for-kayfun-lite-plus
https://www.fasttech.com/p/3863602

That's like $7. If you find a 3.1 base you can do the same and it is a TINY setup (here on Mini Volt):

IMG_20161009_104641.jpg

This setup is bottom fill though. If you want top fill you have to have a top cap that you can screw off (see below). You close the air holes with your fingers, fill the tank from top, barely begin to screw the top cap back on, flip upside down and screw cap on the rest of the way. This is how to top fill an older Kayfun (or similar) tank.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3023/10013788/2336202
https://www.fasttech.com/p/3798504
https://www.fasttech.com/p/2197501

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you both, I found a 3.1 ES for less than $40, supposed authentic and was wondering if it's worth it.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you both, I found a 3.1 ES for less than $40, supposed authentic and was wondering if it's worth it.

I would say yes... consider I'm still vaping a 3 year old kf3.1, I may be biased.
for the longest time that tank was THE standard that everything was compared to

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Do you mean his penchant for authentics over clones?

Lmao, not particularly.
More less that everything he recommends is in the $100+ category

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lmao, not particularly.
More less that everything he recommends is in the $100+ category

Yeah, cause he is a big authentics guy... I just buy the clone and decide if worth it for auth

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I do the same thing.....but 90% of the time it is
I really like the design of the By-Ka v6 system because it actually allows you to customize the device to your style of vaping with various choices of decks and chimneys. Other designers should take note.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I really like the design of the By-Ka v6 system because it actually allows you to customize the device to your style of vaping with various choices of decks and chimneys. Other designers should take note.
agreed.
its like the next step past what erlkoengin did with the changeable and upgradable center post.

- another rta that Q cost me 170$ on. :eek:

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
agreed.
its like the next step past what erlkoengin did with the changeable and upgradable center post.

- another rta that Q cost me 170$ on. :eek:
One of the greatest of all time though... that thing is a flavor bomb!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
One of the greatest of all time though... that thing is a flavor bomb!
it is! I still use it on a regular basis, even though its about a year and a half old.
so I guess it wasn't a waste of money.
I got it to pair with my first dna40 - the thing was perfect for early tc devices that only used ni200.
it made a good solid connection and is relatively easy to build on.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
it is! I still use it on a regular basis, even though its about a year and a half old.
so I guess it wasn't a waste of money.
I got it to pair with my first dna40 - the thing was perfect for early tc devices that only used ni200.
it made a good solid connection and is relatively easy to build on.
Still use mine also in rotation... I prefer the nano version and gives slightly better flavor IMO and looks cool as heck.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Still use mine also in rotation... I prefer the nano version and gives slightly better flavor IMO and looks cool as heck.
that's how I use it. I picked up some glass tanks from IBTANKED for it.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought I saw a new release of the erl nano at one of the Chinese retailers. I was considering it for a while, but I'll stick with what I already have. ....for now.
How tight a draw can you get one the By-Ka? Is it worth it or will it be another By(e)-Ka(sh) tank for me?

VU Sponsors