Become a Patron!

Next Generation MTL tanks Part 2

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I thought I saw a new release of the erl nano at one of the Chinese retailers. I was considering it for a while, but I'll stick with what I already have. ....for now.
How tight a draw can you get one the By-Ka? Is it worth it or will it be another By(e)-Ka(sh) tank for me?
Its kind of tall so I don't think you will care for it.

Airflow can get as tight as a KFMV3 but not as tight as a KFL+.

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Saw a review on the SKX Corolla mtl tank. It was a rave review for flavor. It's actually not a clone either. SXK original..like 20$ or so..The only drawback I kinda saw was that you need a freaking siringe to fill it up.2ml tank as well. It's kinda like a single coil org Avocado.. Anyone have one or heard about them?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Goblin mini v3 revisited. I put the dual coil deck on with fused claptons. Kanthal wire, 30gx2/36g, 6 wraps with 2.5 mm ID at 0.6-is ohms. At about 40w it is a nice, flavorful vape, but....It is a slightly restricted DL. Honestly, I have better tanks, I know, I keep bragging about the Alleria, but it is a better DL tank with better draw and better flavor. If you're looking for a MTL tank, the gob.mini v3 is not it. If you're looking for a DL tank, there are better in the same price range. This is my personal opinion and I'm sticking to it.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Kanvape.com has the new TobeCo erlkonigin clone for $17
Still quite a few full size around... can't find a nano anywhere, only in classies for resale... that's where I picked up mine.

If Tobeco did a clone with shorty/nano chimney and tank I'd be on that like stink on poo!

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Saw a review on the SKX Corolla mtl tank. It was a rave review for flavor. It's actually not a clone either. SXK original..like 20$ or so..The only drawback I kinda saw was that you need a freaking siringe to fill it up.2ml tank as well. It's kinda like a single coil org Avocado.. Anyone have one or heard about them?

Yes I have one, flavor is pretty good, but I do prefer the avocado though.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If I missed this, I apologize, I try to keep up in here... @BrewBear, in your Goblin Mini v3, using the single coil deck, do you keep your coil in the 2 top holes? That was suggested to me in the Merlin tank and suited me well. I'm curious which you use and how that might affect flavor, or not.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did try mounting the coil in the top, then in diagonal. Mounting it diagonally allows you to keep the coil a little lower and that seems to have juuust a little bit more flavor, but not something to write home about. Honestly, I wasn't crazy about the tank. It is good, but the Alleria surpassed it in flavor. Comparing size, the dotmod rta has better flavor than the goblin -in dual coil. The Kf v3 mini plus is a better mtl single coil tank - flavor and built. The tobeco super mini rta is a better flavor dual coil tank that could also work as a loose mtl tank. To give you an idea of what I'm using right now -and for the last few months- Alleria on a G2, Alleria on Slice, Petri rta on VF DNA133 , Tobeco super mini rta on a VF Classic. The kf mini v3 v1.5 on a Pico. The kf mini v3 plus (2 of them) as backup on whatever mod I have handy.
Sadly, the goblin mini v3 has fixed some problems (the wet bottom syndrome ) has added the optional single coil deck but in my opinion has lost some of the crispy flavor it had in the first model. I'm still planning on trying different coils with it, but for now it is on the back burner, next to the 2 Merlins. I'm planning on buying a couple more Allerias, I really like them.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I did try mounting the coil in the top, then in diagonal. Mounting it diagonally allows you to keep the coil a little lower and that seems to have juuust a little bit more flavor, but not something to write home about. Honestly, I wasn't crazy about the tank. It is good, but the Alleria surpassed it in flavor. Comparing size, the dotmod rta has better flavor than the goblin -in dual coil. The Kf v3 mini plus is a better mtl single coil tank - flavor and built. The tobeco super mini rta is a better flavor dual coil tank that could also work as a loose mtl tank. To give you an idea of what I'm using right now -and for the last few months- Alleria on a G2, Alleria on Slice, Petri rta on VF DNA133 , Tobeco super mini rta on a VF Classic. The kf mini v3 v1.5 on a Pico. The kf mini v3 plus (2 of them) as backup on whatever mod I have handy.
Sadly, the goblin mini v3 has fixed some problems (the wet bottom syndrome ) has added the optional single coil deck but in my opinion has lost some of the crispy flavor it had in the first model. I'm still planning on trying different coils with it, but for now it is on the back burner, next to the 2 Merlins. I'm planning on buying a couple more Allerias, I really like them.
Thanks for the write up! Sadly, I've given up on Merlin. Awesome flavor and ease of build, I just cannot get past the leaking. Traded the first one, had the same experience with the 2nd one. I won't go to the extreme of tearing apart the base, like many have. Such a shame, too. I was really excited about that one.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're welcome Huck, it's not really a detailed description but if you have a chance to look back a couple of pages or so, you'll find more of my thoughts one the ol' goblin....along with my gushing over the Alleria (sorry for that ).

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You're welcome Huck, it's not really a detailed description but if you have a chance to look back a couple of pages or so, you'll find more of my thoughts one the ol' goblin....along with my gushing over the Alleria (sorry for that ).
No need to apologize. Your thoughts on that one have had me considering it at more than one time. I just know it's likely way too much airflow for me. At this stage, the GM v1 is still my fave tank. I keep the airflow at about halfway on it.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I picked up a couple of deals from vaporider.net clearance section.

1) A GP Heron V1. This thing is huge but gives a great vape. For $10 couldn't pass up. Can Hybrid with the right threaded mech so will shorten with that.

2) A Microstick with Mini-Atty ($20). The mod is very cool and stealthy but I'm completely blown away by the atty. This thing is a MTL dream! I can't believe how well it vapes.

There was some tax (Texas company) and some shipping but what a deal!!

img_20161021_153727-jpg.608591

IMG_20161028_202507.jpg

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Huckleberried, take my word for it and try the Alleria the flavor is way above the goblin's. If you don't like it, I'll trade you something for it. Right now, the best price is $17.99 for the black one (that's what's left) from roxynoodle on ebay.

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I picked up a couple of deals from vaporider.net clearance section.

1) A GP Heron V1. This thing is huge but gives a great vape. For $10 couldn't pass up. Can Hybrid with the right threaded mech so will shorten with that.

2) A Microstick with Mini-Atty ($20). The mod is very cool and stealthy but I'm completely blown away by the atty. This thing is a MTL dream! I can't believe how well it vapes.

There was some tax (Texas company) and some shipping but what a deal!!

img_20161021_153727-jpg.608591

View attachment 65175
That micro stick looks soo cool. Just watched the review from Scott Bonner after seeing this pic....I've heard such great things about the Heron as well. Do they make one that fits 22mm attys?? Just wondering...They look perfect together.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That micro stick looks soo cool. Just watched the review from Scott Bonner after seeing this pic....I've heard such great things about the Heron as well. Do they make one that fits 22mm attys?? Just wondering...They look perfect together.
Heron v1 is a 22 mm Atty..it is tall though fyi

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Heron v1 is a 22 mm Atty..it is tall though fyi
The video I saw was for that type of mod, but only fit 16mm, looked again and it was the Spheron. The measurements on the mod was only 22mm wide( the mod itself) not for the tanks. The video is like 3 years old though..you must have the newer model.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The video I saw was for that type of mod, but only fit 16mm, looked again and it was the Spheron. The measurements on the mod was only 22mm wide( the mod itself) not for the tanks. The video is like 3 years old though..you must have the newer model.
The heron is a 22 mm Atty. authentic is made by gp, same as the paps mech. It's the Atty in first pic on a provari mod.

The microstick mod and mini Atty is a 16 mm Atty made by Chels. Its the second pic.

2 completely different devices.

Sorry for any confusion.

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The heron is a 22 mm Atty. authentic is made by gp, same as the paps mech. It's the Atty in first pic on a provari mod.

The microstick mod and mini Atty is a 16 mm Atty made by Chels. Its the second pic.

2 completely different devices.

Sorry for any confusion.
on the review he was using the GP Spheroid that's were I got confused...

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ordered the Taifun GT III from 3fvape last night, not been a fan of the taifun's in the past, but what the hell, I'll give the new one a try, you don't know unless you try them, and that is nice thing about clones, if you don't like them, not lost a lot of money :)

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IMG_0614.JPG

Just got the Narda from 3Fvape tonight. Tiny little thing that packs a whole lotta flavor!!!! The machining and everything is in great condition. Blown away by the quality if this thing. It's solid.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It seems the only difference between the 22 mm and 25 mm Digiflavor Siren is the diameter and volume. I actually found the 25 mm for $19.99 but the age verification this seller is using asks for the last four digits of the social security number. In this day and age that's like tap dancing in a mine field, just begging for trouble. I had to pass one it, the next lowest price is vapenw at $26.99 but I just refuse to buy any more from them after the crappy customer service fiasco I had with them.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Fountain v2, a sort of squonk tank. We don't play well with each other. I tend to prefer rta tanks. The Digiflavor Siren seems interesting.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a Fountain v2, a sort of squonk tank. We don't play well with each other. I tend to prefer rta tanks. The Digiflavor Siren seems interesting.
Me neither, not a big fan of dripping or squonking but if one IS going to drip THEN please squonk when driving... and stay with us to drip another day!

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So, I recently received a tfv4 in a trade. I was watching some videos on it and how to build the rba. Apparently there is an airflow restrictor for it. I didn't see it in the box with mine. Has anyone tried this tank with the restrictor?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine was already installed on the rba....I think. You're asking about a tank I used several months ago. Maybe I should look it up and try it again. I'm just so hung-up on the tanks I'm currently using, I don't want to play again with the others. I must admit, the Digiflavor Siren got my attention and I'd like to read some real world impressions from the MTL gang before I shell out $40 for it. That is about half of a Petri rta - btw, I haven't read anything about its clones- and at least 2 Allerias or Kayfun mini v3plus.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh, I didn't check there...lol
I'll have to take a look tomorrow

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I recently received a tfv4 in a trade. I was watching some videos on it and how to build the rba. Apparently there is an airflow restrictor for it. I didn't see it in the box with mine. Has anyone tried this tank with the restrictor?
I got 1 thinking "Oh this is going to be the shit".
It was shit alright...Hated the damn thing and still do.It sits on my give-away desk mocking me.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, am I to understand that no one here got the Siren yet?? Come on people, somebody tell me if it's worth buying or should I pass on it. I'm getting tired of buying tanks I use for a few minutes and then put in the "some-day-when-I-have-nothing-better-to-do" box. For Christ's sake, I have more tanks than the Russian army....

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 65437

Just got the Narda from 3Fvape tonight. Tiny little thing that packs a whole lotta flavor!!!! The machining and everything is in great condition. Blown away by the quality if this thing. It's solid.
NICE!!! one of the best RDAs out there for flavor
congrats!!! :cheers:

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So, am I to understand that no one here got the Siren yet?? Come on people, somebody tell me if it's worth buying or should I pass on it. I'm getting tired of buying tanks I use for a few minutes and then put in the "some-day-when-I-have-nothing-better-to-do" box. For Christ's sake, I have more tanks than the Russian army....

I want that 25mm with the glass chamber, but think I will wait for the black friday sales before ordering on, maybe there will be more reviews by then.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Nailz, I can agree with you on waiting but.... Sunday I'll be within a couple of miles from VaporDNA and they have the tank in stock:headbang:for $34.99 meaning close to $40 after tax. I was hoping to get some real world impressions before buying it.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Nailz, I can agree with you on waiting but.... Sunday I'll be within a couple of miles from VaporDNA and they have the tank in stock:headbang:for $34.99 meaning close to $40 after tax. I was hoping to get some real world impressions before buying it.

I think you should buy it, then you can tell me if it is worth me spending my money on it :giggle:

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Wait a few months and get in the classifieds when everyone starts selling them lol.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a really hard time waiting, I like to try tanks but the pile of "never -to-be-used-again " or at least used when I have nothing better to do with my time tanks is much bigger than the tanks I really like and have at least 3 or 4 of them. I like the Petri rta but the "admissions " price is a bit on the steep side and I haven't seen anything about the sxk clone, I mean from real people around here, not the "reviewers". I'm tempted to get one from FT but they don't have the Siren, not yet and 3F wants $43 for the Siren.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have a really hard time waiting, I like to try tanks but the pile of "never -to-be-used-again " or at least used when I have nothing better to do with my time tanks is much bigger than the tanks I really like and have at least 3 or 4 of them. I like the Petri rta but the "admissions " price is a bit on the steep side and I haven't seen anything about the sxk clone, I mean from real people around here, not the "reviewers". I'm tempted to get one from FT but they don't have the Siren, not yet and 3F wants $43 for the Siren.
I know what you mean. i'm in the process of moving; so, I went through and sorted and packed everything a few days ago. Even after throwing out some of the old useless clones and spare parts for things I don't own anymore, I still filled up a 2 gallon freezer bag with tanks and rdas to soak and clean before repackaging them.

- I need an intervention.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I feel your pain @f1r3b1rd, it sure is a chore.
right?
on the note of the siren.... it has my curiosity peaked; but, ima have to wait and see what the consensus is of the others.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the feeling that I'll be posting something about the Siren late Sunday or Monday at the latest. I'm also intrigued by the Digiflavor Fuji Son, the mini version of the Fuji GTA. I may be wrong, but I think it comes with the single and dual coils decks. Now, if somebody would post some opinions on the sxk petri rta.....

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have the feeling that I'll be posting something about the Siren late Sunday or Monday at the latest. I'm also intrigued by the Digiflavor Fuji Son, the mini version of the Fuji GTA. I may be wrong, but I think it comes with the single and dual coils decks. Now, if somebody would post some opinions on the sxk petri rta.....
its a damn nice but a bitch to work with.
the only thing about clone vs authentic was that the top was put on super tight and I had a hard time taking it off at first.

its a good DL vape.
nothing to justify 70$ on an authentic though, at least for me.

having to unscrew the 510 to take the tank off, is stupid to me. The build deck spins unless you tighten it back up to build on. it being postless means you have to cut the legs until you have the coil at the height you want. wicking it is super easy, airflow is great, the vape is flavorful and plenty of vapor output.

I just cant spend 70$ on a tank that has so many weird idiosyncrasies.
its one of those times that I'm glad I checked out the clone first.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, dang, I got the authentic first...duhhh. I might get a clone from FT, $18 is more palatable.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, dang, I got the authentic first...duhhh. I might get a clone from FT, $18 is more palatable.
I almost did, I had it in my hand at the shop and we were watching a review. when he unscrewed the bottom I set it down and picked up the sxk.
- I was so close to getting the damn thing.

VU Sponsors