Become a Patron!

Next Generation MTL tanks Part 2

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Snake, I got a very good tip from @raymo2u, he suggested calling the place and making the purchase overy the phone, some places will do that but, as always, YMMV.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
damn dude, did they dump evolve altogether?
I think for the most part many are just sick of the whole situation with Evolve recently...Hell the last thing they made that worked right IMHO was their KICK2.
None of their DNA boards have reverse battery protection.Think about that for a minute.Let it really sink in.Wait for it....And now keep in mind that every other chip on the market for vaping does have reverse battery protection.Even the Cheapest Chinese P.O.S. chip has reverse battery protection.But not Evolve?
Well shit...No I'm not kidding.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Snake, I got a very good tip from @raymo2u, he suggested calling the place and making the purchase overy the phone, some places will do that but, as always, YMMV.
I thought about doing that...Sadly I normally don't wake up until late afternoon early evening.Note the time-stamp on this post.I'm about to finish up and go to bed currently.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Id get the Mage instead of the Moonshot, most of the moonshot bugs are worked out in it but its identical visually

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Id get the Mage instead of the Moonshot, most of the moonshot bugs are worked out in it but its identical visually
how do you fill the damn thing without it pissing all over you?
I think for the most part many are just sick of the whole situation with Evolve recently...Hell the last thing they made that worked right IMHO was their KICK2.
None of their DNA boards have reverse battery protection.Think about that for a minute.Let it really sink in.Wait for it....And now keep in mind that every other chip on the market for vaping does have reverse battery protection.Even the Cheapest Chinese P.O.S. chip has reverse battery protection.But not Evolve?
Well shit...No I'm not kidding.
lol, I cant help it, bro. Ive been an evolve fanboy since the dna20.
I scathed them over the dna40 mess, but still use a few of them even thought my normal go to is any one of a number of dna200 mods.
that said, they are not without their idiosyncrasies.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Snake, from what I'm reading, Evolve finally caught up with the times and put the reverse battery protection on the new DNA250

Last edited:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Snake, from what I'm reading, Evolve finally caught up with the times and put the reverse battery protection on the new DNA250
Oh you mean the so buggy as fuck version it should have never been released chip?
Yep I just went there.
Sorry I'm a fan of things that work.
Things that have pissed me off completely as a vapor.I'm talking full on WW3 nuclear levels of rage.

#1 - Almost 3 years of keeping people waiting for a VW device while bitching about the Vamo.
Then finally make a device which is basically a glorified high end vamo?
#2 - Making a chip with no reverse battery protection and expecting everybody to be alright with that.
#3 - Being so late to the party that everybody has gone home and still expect a slice of pie and play games until dawn.
#4 - Making longer and longer YouTube videos that come off more and more like sales pitches rather than an honest product review.
#5 - People who do Darwinistically Stupid shit then blame the device or the manufacturers.
#6 - Nanny Government Laws that were never voted on.
#7 - Hidden Rules of any kind either be 100% up front about shit or let the feeding frenzy begin.

Sorry about the rant but it's been a long time coming.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I still can't believe I completely destroyed a brand new unreleased Dotbox just to see what was inside... :(:(:(

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The ribbon that attaches the board to the display got ripped out when I was removing it. I should have been more careful.

2016-11-07 02.02.44.jpg

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Chef, want to donate it to a good cause?
'Cause I don't mind playing and tinkering trying to fix things:D

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

lol, I cant help it, bro. Ive been an evolve fanboy since the dna20.
I scathed them over the dna40 mess, but still use a few of them even thought my normal go to is any one of a number of dna200 mods.
that said, they are not without their idiosyncrasies.
You just need to make sure your wicking holes are covered in cotton when wicking and you will never have that issue

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have one and had the same problem.
You just need to make sure your wicking holes are covered in cotton when wicking and you will never have that issue
Maybe I'll hive it a shot again. But I'm really using the Petri RTA and the Tornado 150 as my 2 tanks now. That, and 3 RDAs are a pretty good rotation for now.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Maybe I'll hive it a shot again. But I'm really using the Petri RTA and the Tornado 150 as my 2 tanks now. That, and 3 RDAs are a pretty good rotation for now.
of the petri rta deck wasn't like spinner wheels I would love it

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It only spins when you loosen the screw.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
:D

Yeah, it's definitely a pain. But worth it for the quality of the vape.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My only minor gripe with the Petri rta is that the plating on the edge of the top cap is starting to wear off. Granted, it has been used continously since the end of September when I received it. Still, a great flavor DL tank. I did try it for MTL but that experiment flew like a lead balloon.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Do you have a pic? I've been using mine since August and haven't noticed a thing.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How's the tank that comes with the pico kit? Is it good for MTL? Mt wife finally broke her nautilus mini glass. She's been using my hurricane since yesterday but she doesn't like the way it fills. She moved the cap that has the juice holes in it and lost 2 full tanks of juice over her mod yesterday while I was asleep. It's time for her to upgrade.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Melo 3 mini with the Triton (the regular one, not the mini) 1.8 ohm coils. Probably the Tobeco super tank mini with the same coils will work too. The super tank mini rta is not what you want for her but you're gonna like it. The FT kayfun mini v3 plus v1.5 or whatever in the hell they call it is really nice. The garden variety mini v3plus is too chubby, the v1.5 is 22.5 mm diameter and it will fit.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
CD, since your wife was happy with the nautilus, why not get her the Kabuki cloNE from FT?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is the SKU number of the ones I bought 3870800. The Triton mini coils fit in it as well.

Last edited:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Saw that Tornado 150 and contemplating getting 1.
How you liking it?
Any issues I should know about?

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How's the tank that comes with the pico kit? Is it good for MTL? Mt wife finally broke her nautilus mini glass. She's been using my hurricane since yesterday but she doesn't like the way it fills. She moved the cap that has the juice holes in it and lost 2 full tanks of juice over her mod yesterday while I was asleep. It's time for her to upgrade.
Had the Melo 3 mini with my Pico..it's a better DL tank..was not a fan of it for MTL..for sub-ohm I did like it.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Isn't the tornado more of a DL tank? Even the nano version has air slots big enough to stick your hand thru...give or take a finger or two.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A few things to consider first.
Is she strictly a MTL vapor?
If so just get her another Nautilus Mini or a Full Size Nautilus.She already knows how to use 1 and seems to like them so why not just make her happy?
Personally I hated...No make that loathed the Melo 3 Mini.(Comes with the Pico).It was the leakiest tank I've ever had the displeasure of owning.
If she indeed wants to upgrade I suggest an Innokin iSub V.Amazing flavor easy to fill and the airflow control is second to none.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Isn't the tornado more of a DL tank? Even the nano version has air slots big enough to stick your hand thru...give or take a finger or two.
The Tornado 150 is a compact sub-ohm tank.About the size and similar style of the Moonshot.

201609231826009085.png

And yeah it has massive airflow.Luckily it is adjustable though.So this can be used both as an MTL or DLI.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A few things to consider first.
Is she strictly a MTL vapor?
If so just get her another Nautilus Mini or a Full Size Nautilus.She already knows how to use 1 and seems to like them so why not just make her happy?
Personally I hated...No make that loathed the Melo 3 Mini.(Comes with the Pico).It was the leakiest tank I've ever had the displeasure of owning.
If she indeed wants to upgrade I suggest an Innokin iSub V.Amazing flavor easy to fill and the airflow control is second to none.

She is strictly MTL.
I'm just brainstorming. She is so stubborn that she won't want to try anything new...lol...the full size she may go for though.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
She is strictly MTL.
I'm just brainstorming. She is so stubborn that she won't want to try anything new...lol...the full size she may go for though.
My wife is the same way.This is what I get for marrying a redheaded Irish gal.
Did I mention she is a Libra and I'm a Taurus?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
CD, in my experience, keeping her happy with whatever tank she's comfortable with is the main thing. It keeps her off analogs. My friend's wife was vaping to stay off ciggs, as a matter of fact she was one of the first people to get me thinking about vaping. She didn't want to change anything, including nic.concentration so she started getting headaches. I suggested lower nic, different setup, all that. She absolutely refused to change so she gave up vaping and went back to ciggs. I guess some people just don't want to change. ...

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
CD, in my experience, keeping her happy with whatever tank she's comfortable with is the main thing. It keeps her off analogs. My friend's wife was vaping to stay off ciggs, as a matter of fact she was one of the first people to get me thinking about vaping. She didn't want to change anything, including nic.concentration so she started getting headaches. I suggested lower nic, different setup, all that. She absolutely refused to change so she gave up vaping and went back to ciggs. I guess some people just don't want to change. ...
She'll get what she wants. I just like to make suggestions that she could try. That way when she decides after a week she don't like it, I claim it!

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
In that case, recommend the Petri rta, Alleria, Digiflavor Fuji son, Siren......
Slowly...I can't seem too excited for her to try new things. I have to slowly introduce the ideas, kinda like subliminal messages!

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Slowly...I can't seem too excited for her to try new things. I have to slowly introduce the ideas, kinda like subliminal messages!
If she liked the Nautilus, looking for similar, a Kabuki..or (get the clone version), same coils as the Nautilus and everyone says the flavor is better..

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If she liked the Nautilus, looking for similar, a Kabuki..or (get the clone version), same coils as the Nautilus and everyone says the flavor is better..
Flavor isn't a big deal either. The only thing she vapes is menthol. She's tried almost every flavor I've brought home and hasn't liked not one...lol
I appreciate the help though!

VU Sponsors