Become a Patron!

Next Generation MTL tanks Part 2

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Are these Vaporesso Estoc tanks DL or MTL?
Phil says the ceramic coils with the airflow dialed way down is a good MTL. There is a vertical clapton that they are calling the traditional coil. He didn't mention those for MTL but said they are a quite good DL. They are also working on more versions of the coils to come out in the near future. Maybe they will have a dedicated MTL coil. The coils are also very cheap. Almost as cheap as the Bachelor coils. A 10 pack of ceramic ones for $18 and the traditional ones for $16.

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Consider this my having a senior moment but can somebody give me reminder on the Nautilus x?[/QUOTE
Most reviewers were not impressed with the Nautilus X....lack in flavor and the design is not that great.(they say) There were also complaints about the drip tip as well. (Can get hot without the extension tank and non replaceable) Disappointing cuz my first tank was the Nautilus Mini. I felt after I saw the reviews, to just stick it out with the Mini if I wanted an atty that was not an rta for MTL.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I really enjoy the fun, flavor and savings from building coils but it's starting to become a pain in the ass. It's good while I'm laid off but while I'm working it's hard to get the time. I'm looking for good tanks that I can buy coils for. Sadly, I have been DL for over a month now. All my MTL tanks are sitting on the sidelines. I'm going to try to switch back for my main vape but still keep the DL for fun or an every now and then thing. I think I will have to go back to a 60vg or 50/50 mix with a 9 or 12 mg nicotine to be able to go back. Having DL 6MG for a while now, I'm accustomed to the more nicotine in my system again. I'm going to lower my DL nic level first then try to switch back and I think the siren will be my first new tank. Unless something better comes out before that happens.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Phil says the ceramic coils with the airflow dialed way down is a good MTL. There is a vertical clapton that they are calling the traditional coil. He didn't mention those for MTL but said they are a quite good DL. They are also working on more versions of the coils to come out in the near future. Maybe they will have a dedicated MTL coil. The coils are also very cheap. Almost as cheap as the Bachelor coils. A 10 pack of ceramic ones for $18 and the traditional ones for $16.
I'll watch his review at some point.Funny I didn't even know about Vaperesso until recently and after watching a few reviews I think I like most of their current line of devices.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just took a look at the Merlin mini. It comes with 2 decks and airflow restrictors for the single coil deck (2 mm and 1.5 mm) It might be worth taking another look at...after the Siren.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
CD, I had a feeling that the Doggystyle reminded me of another tank, I believe it is very much like the CloudOne.
DL is not so bad, it just uses more juice. I'd stick with the 6 mg. even for MTL. I was able to decrease the nicotine slowly, one mg at a time. In the beginning you'll vape more with the lower nicotine, but you will level off after a week or two.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My understanding is that Geekvape and Digiflavor are two sides of the same coin. Geekvape is the "clouds bro " and Digiflavor is the flavor side. The ammit rta looks great for MTL in pictures but if you look closely, there are 3 air ports directing the air current to the coil. One port seems to be about 1 x 2 mm so you'd have tons of air going thru. In other words, another "clouds bro" tank.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What Phil said seems to make sense. Digiflavor and geek vape, he thinks are related companies. With geek vape focusing on the cloud chasing performance aspect and Digiflavor focusing on the flavor side of things with less airflow. I think he's correct here as you can see some very close similarities between the two companies. For MTL I'd be watching Digiflavor and innokin pretty closely for the next little while

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Aw boo. Guess I should've looked at it a bit longer, LOL.

On another note... @CDroverNL, I'm probably way behind in the news, but were you affected by all the quakes I read about? I realize you're online, LOL.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My understanding is that Geekvape and Digiflavor are two sides of the same coin. Geekvape is the "clouds bro " and Digiflavor is the flavor side. The ammit rta looks great for MTL in pictures but if you look closely, there are 3 air ports directing the air current to the coil. One port seems to be about 1 x 2 mm so you'd have tons of air going thru. In other words, another "clouds bro" tank.
Good eye. I watched a tear down video of that just yesterday, thought to myself 'aww man, just in time for all the mtl to make a come back, guess I'm back to buying 3 or 4 tanks a week again..."

Then I read your post. Good eye, and thanks for paying more attention to it than I did. Saved me a spot of scratch there.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Aw boo. Guess I should've looked at it a bit longer, LOL.

On another note... @CDroverNL, I'm probably way behind in the news, but were you affected by all the quakes I read about? I realize you're online, LOL.
Nope, all safe and sound! lol I didn't know about any earthquakes. It's not a normal occurrence in my area.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And another thing, who has the best price on the Digiflavor Siren. ...other than the Chinese companies?

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And another thing, who has the best price on the Digiflavor Siren. ...other than the Chinese companies?
I just did a quick search on vape crawler and eciggity and vapenw both have it for 26.99. Not saying it's in stock, but that's what showed up as the cheapest

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks CD, I looked on Vapecrawler too. I absolutely refuse to buy another thing from VAPENW since I had a run-in with their crappy customer service. Eciggity wanted my social security number during the identification process. Along with the other personal information we already give them, that's like tap dancing in the mine field. My personal favorite sites are the ones asking for a picture of the front and back of your driver's license. As if....

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks CD, I looked on Vapecrawler too. I absolutely refuse to buy another thing from VAPENW since I had a run-in with their crappy customer service. Eciggity wanted my social security number during the identification process. Along with the other personal information we already give them, that's like tap dancing in the mine field. My personal favorite sites are the ones asking for a picture of the front and back of your driver's license. As if....
Jeez, I haven't run into that yet. I most definitely will not be ordering from anywhere that does.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Has anyone here tried the Merlin mini yet?
It got a couple decent reviews in the Merlin thread, a post by raymo in the mini mods thread and then the thread dedicated to that tank. People are saying that the design of the deck is better than the original and that it should correct the leaking, too.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I didn't find the Merlin thread:confused:
OK, well, I was totally wrong on that post. The guy that got it, that I thought gave it a good review, called it a fail. Checking the Merlin Mini thread, no one has posted anything, that might have gotten one, yet. They're both in the General Rebuildables (RTA/RDA) sub. That leaves Raymo, who happened to like the tank. After the madness that was Merlin, I guess people aren't in a hurry to get the mini version.

Sorry Brew. I had hoped to give you some hope on that one.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I appreciate the effort none the less. The Merlin will have to wait for now, as far as I'm concerned. I'm ordering the sxk petri rta (the authentic is that good) and the Siren. I'm also preordering the Digiflavor Fuji son (the mini version of the Fuji)

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
New single coil I just read about from Geekvape. (this might be old news to some of you)
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/ammit-rta-the-newest-and-innovative-rta-by-geekvape.287968/
I saw that 1.It is a head-scratcher in my opinion.
What are the 4 little holes on the other side for???*
And why would they put the post all the way on the side like that as opposed the middle???
And if this is a single coil tank why the big ass stubby drip-tip?

geek_vape_ammit_rta.jpg

*I included this pic so you can clearly see the 4 holes I referenced.*

Last edited:

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I saw that 1.It is a head-scratcher in my opinion.
What are the 4 little holes on the other side for???*
And why would they put the post all the way on the side like that as opposed the middle???
And if this is a single coil tank why the big ass stubby drip-tip?

geek_vape_ammit_rta.jpg

I included this pic so you can clearly see the 4 holes I referenced.
They're additional airflow. The two posts closest to you in the pic are for your coil legs, there's 2 airflow holes under the coil and 3 more for the side of the coil. It's a single coil DL tank. I'm guessing to reign in some if the power and juice consumption that the other tanks require. I've only watched one video on it yet but if you enjoy DL RTAs this might be one to give a shot.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally, I'll wait for the Digiflavor Fuji son. It comes with a single coil deck and a dual coil deck. It's bigger brother delivers one both flavor and clouds....at least that's what the vic''s review said.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They're additional airflow. The two posts closest to you in the pic are for your coil legs, there's 2 airflow holes under the coil and 3 more for the side of the coil. It's a single coil DL tank. I'm guessing to reign in some if the power and juice consumption that the other tanks require. I've only watched one video on it yet but if you enjoy DL RTAs this might be one to give a shot.
Correct there are 3 holes not 4.This is what happens when I post before having any coffee...Can you say bleary-eyed?

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Personally, I'll wait for the Digiflavor Fuji son. It comes with a single coil deck and a dual coil deck. It's bigger brother delivers one both flavor and clouds....at least that's what the vic''s review said.
I just watched vic's review of the full sized. He says it's no better for fkavor than the griffin 25. I have mastered the wicking for the 25 now, so I see no need for the fuji. Now the fuji son or the siren I may try.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That makes sense CD, I'll wait for the Fuji son and see how it goes. I guess I'll wait for the Black Friday sales before buying anything else.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While the concept of a flavor tank where the chimney is also the vapor chamber is enticing, this particular tank seems like a PITA to work with, especially one the go. I for one, will wait for the Siren and Fuji son.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
While the concept of a flavor tank where the chimney is also the vapor chamber is enticing, this particular tank seems like a PITA to work with, especially one the go. I for one, will wait for the Siren and Fuji son.
I recently snagged up several 16mm (Spheroid and Miniatty) and 1 14mm atty (KF 2.1 mini) and they are absolutely stellar on the flavor and vape but the decks are definitely small, especially the 14mm.

I do want to eventually snag a Diver V2 or Sophia for a carto size RTA. What I don't like about the Wave is that it requires the tank it comes with and won't work with another carto type tank. That is a deal killer for me.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What we have to keep in mind is that tank manufacurers, specifically rta tanks, want us to use their products. Cross-compatibility is not something they want.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What we have to keep in mind is that tank manufacurers, specifically rta tanks, want us to use their products. Cross-compatibility is not something they want.
Depends on the maker IMO :) I have tons of gear that is cross compatible. In fact, I will refrain from buying gear that is not compatible unless it is innovative and has option to keep backwards compatibility (for example P3 connection. It's a great connection but won't go there unless has 510 capability also, like my Provari P3 does).

To make something proprietary just for the sake of sales and no new innovation is a sure sign that I won't be buying the particular device :)

VU Sponsors