Become a Patron!

Next Generation MTL tanks Part 2

Bigbob2322

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Just got the Digiflavor Siren and really like it for MTL. Flavor is good, draw is tight enough but wish it had 1 more small air hole, if you close it to half its very nice and tight. This tank is so easy to build on and wick.20161118_154303.jpeg

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have the 25mm, great MTL tank, plan on getting a couple of the 22mm's in the black friday sales :)

60PPU16.jpg

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Nailz and @Bigbob2322, could you please give us an idea of the air draw one the Siren? Possibly compared to some of the more common tanks? Thanks.

I have the airflow restrictor in and on the 2nd hole on the airflow ring, I find the 1st hole to tight of draw for my liking, and could even make it tighter if only have half of the smallest hole open.

I really only using the avocado's other than the Siren, and I think it pretty much covers the same airflow, as just set to what you like, but that airflow restrictor I think helps the Siren.

Bigbob2322

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I have the restrictor in and use the smallest air hole closed half way. Its tighter than the Kayfun 5 without the restictor on the tightest airflow setting. The Siren's airflow is pretty smooth,on a side note this tank is a thirsty beast. I really like it.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it is slightly tighter draw than the K5, I will probably like it. I solved my looser than I like air draw in the K 5 with a little rolled up SS mesh in the air tube under the coil.
Well hell I know what I get to try today. One dot on the airflow is a little too constrictive for me, but two is way too open. I need it about halfway between one and two. Very well just may give this a shot.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
For anyone in Canada or would like to order something from canada:
Until Nov. 30th, use online coupon code
VIP25 for 25% OFF every online purchase.

Free shipping across Canada!

www.topshelfvapor.ca.

To unsub txt 'stop'

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tore into my Siren 25 today to find out it was missing the MTL reducer. So that's awesome, got to contact the vendor asking if they knew where I could score a spare or three. Otherwise a cool little device, but kinda wish it came with everything it promised.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Snake, unfortunately the Vaporization tanks are nothing but rebranded tanks you could buy for less under their real name like the kanger mini. The Nautilus X sorta fell one its face due to lack of coil variety and rba. I'm glad I'm not the only one looking for new tanks, for now I'm looking for a great deal one the Siren.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone in the US sell a Kayfun 5 MTL reducer kit?

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's the one Snake, sometimes my phone believes I don't know what I'm saying and it corrects me. Funny, I was told that was the wife's job.:vino:
I know they are both rebranded crap, however the VaporFi Vibe Tank looked interesting.I I know it's copied off something but for the life of me I can't think of what...Weird.

On an unrelated random wild tangent I stumbled upon the Mesmer Tank by Youde.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...authentic-youde-ud-mesmer-gl-tank-clearomizer

I think this 1 might work for all us bi-coastal* vapers...Take a look if you have time.

*Originally used by @f1r3b1rd and now co-opted by me*

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@snake94115 , take a look at vaporcube.com, the hohm tech skillet kit is on sale for $6.99 with code SKILLET.
Very Cool...Unfortunately I went on a bit of a spending spree last night and grabbed a few Reaper Plus Tanks for $12 a pop from PureCoils.So now I've got like a buck and change in my account.
Que the wah wah wah sound.:cry::cry:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love me some doggystyle
That is waaay too easy. Oh, wait.....was it easy or sleazy????

Very Cool...Unfortunately I went on a bit of a spending spree last night and grabbed a few Reaper Plus Tanks for $12 a pop from PureCoils.So now I've got like a buck and change in my account.
Que the wah wah wah sound.
That's too bad Snake, I bought 4 of them. Even my wife agreed it is a very good price and encouraged me to buy two. I told her that I wanted to give one as a Christmas gift to a smoker friend I'm trying to help kick the habit.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mr. Snake, I sorta remembered seeing a review of the Mesmer, the ready made coil version of the Goblin mini v3.
At the time I was underwhelmed with the Goblin mini v3 and the Rosary so I skipped this one.

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In case y'all missed it here's a quick link below for all us tootle puffers.

http://guidetovaping.com/2016/10/31/top-5-best-mouth-to-lung-tanks/
Have not tried the others. The Nautilus Mini is the one I started with....I gave it to my brother as a gift to help him quit smoking, bought another one after a year, I got lost in the sub-ohm world....(I have returned)...that one went to another person getting off cigs......just got another Mini today. This one is going nowhere. It is the best MTL tank that takes pre built coils. (As far as I know)...I have KF5 & KF3 mini. But the Nautilus Mini rocks for an easy going tank with coil options. Please add any reviews of other suggestions.(pre-built MTL)... love my rtas, but the Naughty never lets me down...

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1. Try the Triton mini clapton coils in the Nautilus mini.
2. Try the Nautilus mini coils in the Kabuki or the Kabuki clone, a.k.a. Clone-buki.
3. Put the two together: Triton mini clapton coils in the Clone-buki and go to town. :vino:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1. Try the Triton mini clapton coils in the Nautilus mini.
2. Try the Nautilus mini coils in the Kabuki or the Kabuki clone, a.k.a. Clone-buki.
3. Put the two together: Triton mini clapton coils in the Clone-buki and go to town. :vino:
YES YES & YES could not agree more.The clone-buki is an awesome tank even with standard Nautilus coils.But slap a Triton Mini Clapton Coil in 1 and it is unbeatable for MTL...Period, Nuff Said!

Too bad mine had an accident...Grr!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@BrewBear it seems to me Vic loved this tank for MTL.

Oh and 1 more question before I go...Do you happen to know when that coupon sale ends for the Skillet Kit?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@snake94115 , I have no idea when the code expires, I asked in the G2 thread where I first saw the code for the Skillet. I'm assuming it will last till Monday but what I'm really waiting for is the Slice to go on sale.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@snake94115 , this is the answer I got from another member regarding the SKILLET code expiration date "Based on other codes probably not for a while. Their 4th of July codes still work"

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup, I went to their site to get one Skillet.....I bought 4 and still I'm thinking if I need another. Nooo.....I'll wait for the Slice sale.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I had posted a while back about the NaRda but the for ease of build the hadalay and the the new o-atty are both great alternatives that vape near identical and work as well for both flavor mtl or restrictive lung dl.
#bicoastalvapors

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Dang @f1r3b1rd , them two above are waaay too rich for my blood! I call them exhibits # 89 and #90 in the divorce proceedings.
Gahahaha
I didn't buy the o-atty; because I already have the hadalay. (and it's stupid expensive) The vape is so similar I can't justify both; but, I've seen the hadalay in the 62-65 dollar range. Not terrible for a good authentic, but, as all things go, im sure a good Clone will be along soon, if not out already.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm still trying to find a reasonably priced Digiflavor Siren in the States at a place that doesn't require my SS number for authentication. That or a picture of your ID.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@snake94115 , I have one from the first batch and the fit quality is not as good as I hoped. The thing looks like it took part in every single military action since the Civil War to today but it pretty much outperforms most of my other mods that don't have a FSK chip inside.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dang @f1r3b1rd , them two above are waaay too rich for my blood! I call them exhibits # 89 and #90 in the divorce proceedings.
Guess I'm lucky my wife thinks most of my mods are way too big for her to use.She seems to be quite content with her iStick 20w and a Nautilus Mini with a 1.8 ohm Triton Mini Clapton Coil.
What I'll have to worry about is her taking all my Blueberry Buckle.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@snake94115 , I have one from the first batch and the fit quality is not as good as I hoped. The thing looks like it took part in every single military action since the Civil War to today but it pretty much outperforms most of my other mods that don't have a FSK chip inside.
A few dings isn't a deal breaker for me.Mostly because I'm sure it is usually the fault of the shipping company.Fuck USPS/UPS/FEDEX/DHL hires mostly idiots and all except for USPS hire convicted felons*.

*Found out that little nugget a few months ago.Honestly I can't say I was shocked.*

VU Sponsors