Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am trying a new sleep aid.....banana tea, this is my third night and it has worked well for me.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not the last few days, been working my ass off....but if I wasn't working my ass off, I'd have problems.

You find something to share, in the sleep help dept?
I have been making banana tea, it's been helping me.
Take a whole organic banana wash it cut off the ends then cut in half long ways then put it in a pan with about 3 cups water then boil it for about 8 minutes (leave the skin on) strain and drink
it give you a surplus of natural magnesium which helps you sleep

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The countdown is on. Phillip goes in tomorrow for cardiac catheterization to see if he needs stents, or a bypass.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have been making banana tea been helping me.
Take a whole organic banana wash it cut off the ends then cut in half long ways then put it in a pan with about 3 cups water then boil it for about 8 minutes (leave the skin on) strain and drink
it give you a surplus of natural magnesium which helps you sleep
Interesting. I usually eat about four bananas a day, perhaps something in the peel, besides magnesium?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's where all mine went till I started drinking the tea, all of them that I eat the peel goes in my compost pile
I may try to eat a peel off a really ripe banana (never tried it)....I know they're really bitter on bananas not ripe.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I may try to eat a peel off a really ripe banana (never tried it)....I know they're really bitter on bananas not ripe.
I wouldn't because the peel has way too much fiber to digest easily. And eating just the banana itself is only about 8% of RDA for magnesium (while spinach is 28%). I have heard that using the peel in the tea gives a lot more than that, but if you're going to do this, make damn sure the banana is guaranteed organic (NOT the grocery store's claim) because boiling the peel will put any chemicals that were sprayed on the banana directly into your tea.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wouldn't because the peel has way too much fiber to digest easily. And eating just the banana itself is only about 8% of RDA for magnesium (while spinach is 28%). I have heard that using the peel in the tea gives a lot more than that, but if you're going to do this, make damn sure the banana is guaranteed organic (NOT the grocery store's claim) because boiling the peel will put any chemicals that were sprayed on the banana directly into your tea.
I'm a fiber junkie....I'm aware of them damn chemicals too.....:giggle:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well be sure to tell me how that turns out, I think the delivery system of the warm tea would let your body absorb the magnesium better.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The FDA always have their best priorities in order.....:rolleyes:
As well as the rest of the public.
100 or so humans dying vs pets dying.

With me it would depend on which humans dying.
If it was only politicians dying I would choose pets too :)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening pholks....did rain today, but not enough to really mention.

How was everyone's day?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was about two minutes away from deciding no one was coming on here tonight....

Anyhooooo... overcast, very windy, and rained like hell this morning. Sky was totally clear by 2 PM, wind died, and it got all the way up to 63.5 degrees. Now it is cloudy, windy, and cold, with a feeling of mistiness that implies more rain likely.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Phillip had no blockages around his heart, so no stents or bypass. Considering the times he has had problems, we're thinking it !at have been anxiety/panic attacks. He has been having problems only since he got a new supervisor that hates and despises him for the crime of being a Caucasian male. This supervisor is an Hispanic female.

Either he can try to find ways of coping with the stress, or he may go years without a job while he tries to find employment elsewhere.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was about two minutes away from deciding no one was coming on here tonight....

Anyhooooo... overcast, very windy, and rained like hell this morning. Sky was totally clear by 2 PM, wind died, and it got all the way up to 63.5 degrees. Now it is cloudy, windy, and cold, with a feeling of mistiness that implies more rain likely.

Get anything accomplished today, in the shitty 1/2 day of poor weather?

VU Sponsors