Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Close to 65 ain't bad for October in SD....gotta take it one day at a time....hopefully tomorrow will be even better.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nothing of any significant merit... routine BS. Cows seem intent on destroying my wooden gates. They have been fine for the last 10 years, but now they are being battered. Wish I could afford steel.
Never fails...if it's not one thing it's another.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We inspected a 1.6 million dollar love shaq for an investor who wants to "Flip It"....unbelievable.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Considering the times he has had problems, we're thinking it !at have been anxiety/panic attacks.
Sarah, does he have any significant back issues? I had a pseudo-heart attack last year and all the tests after they checked me in showed that I have an extremely healthy heart. Further research showed the pain that I mistook for a heart problem to be my bad back twisting my ribs, which pressured the sternum, which made a pain that was seen as a heart attack. Just another possibility...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Phillip had no blockages around his heart, so no stents or bypass. Considering the times he has had problems, we're thinking it !at have been anxiety/panic attacks. He has been having problems only since he got a new supervisor that hates and despises him for the crime of being a Caucasian male. This supervisor is an Hispanic female.

Either he can try to find ways of coping with the stress, or he may go years without a job while he tries to find employment elsewhere.
Didn't even see this post....well that's good news not needing anything medically, just a better job.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ah, like "roll it over." OK, I understand. Yeah, that does seem a tad ridiculous for one in that price range.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Supposed to rain tonight, I certainly hope so... melons don't like city water. They need a boost from nature.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did I mention in the past...Scottsdale is the only city in this huge metropolis which doesn't put Flouride in the drinking water, although I don't drink it anyway, I assume fluoride wouldn't help garden vegetation by any stretch of the imagination. Wish I had the money to blow on a well....but those cost about 40K here....I don't plan on being here long enough to invest in well.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You get garden picked clean, Rich?
Not yet. The squash can wait and if it doesn't freeze soon, maybe we will get a few more tomatoes. I can't even find some of the things I know Lannie planted, but some of those weeds are 4-6 feet tall. Where was I when they grew that tall? If I was mowing or something, why wasn't I working the garden too? It was like I looked in there one day and everything was fine, then the next time I looked, it was a jungle. Damn! Must be old age.......

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not yet. The squash can wait and if it doesn't freeze soon, maybe we will get a few more tomatoes. I can't even find some of the things I know Lannie planted, but some of those weeds are 4-6 feet tall. Where was I when they grew that tall? If I was mowing or something, why wasn't I working the garden too? It was like I looked in there one day and everything was fine, then the next time I looked, it was a jungle. Damn! Must be old age.......
That's unreal....I assume you and Lannie haven't figured out a way to remove-eliminate the shit, or you would have by now.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I assume fluoride wouldn't help garden vegetation by any stretch of the imagination. Wish I had the money to blow on a well....but those cost about 40K here....I don't plan on being here long enough to invest in well.
Fluoride isn't good for anything and it is a poison for you. Last time I checked around here, drilling a well in SD is about 1/10th of your quote.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's unreal....I assume you and Lannie haven't figured out a way to remove-eliminate the shit, or you would have by now.
Exactly. The problem seems to come from tilling and watering. Just on the other side of the lilac hedge is lawn. Never gets tilled or watered (other than rain) and has almost no weeds. Tilling equals very loose soil, which appears to be ideal for growing all manner of weeds. Lannie wants to put everything in tubs next year, but that won't stop the weeds around the tubs. I am pondering a way to drip-water the tubs so that nothing outside of them gets as much as it got this year. Worth a shot...

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here they drill about 800 ft to find good water.
My well is down to 215 feet (deep aquifer, originates in Alberta) and one of my neighbors is only 25 feet, but his well goes dry almost every summer. Apparently, the underground river I am tapped into does not flow under his property. Anyway. I understand AZ to have extremely deep wells because almost nothing stays close to the surface.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Exactly. The problem seems to come from tilling and watering. Just on the other side of the lilac hedge is lawn. Never gets tilled or watered (other than rain) and has almost no weeds. Tilling equals very loose soil, which appears to be ideal for growing all manner of weeds. Lannie wants to put everything in tubs next year, but that won't stop the weeds around the tubs. I am pondering a way to drip-water the tubs so that nothing outside of them gets as much as it got this year. Worth a shot...
That would be worth a shot, it's definitely easy to install a drip system.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My well is down to 215 feet (deep aquifer, originates in Alberta) and one of my neighbors is only 25 feet, but his well goes dry almost every summer. Apparently, the underground river I am tapped into does not flow under his property. Anyway. I understand AZ to have extremely deep wells because almost nothing stays close to the surface.
Kinda of crap shoot...could be 200 ft, or might be 1200 feet...the average is 500 around my part of town. Some of the ranches south of me have wells, each vary in depth by long-shots.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Prolly. He seems to be sufficiently concerned about his health to take the time to get educated. ;)

Peanut just jumped up on my shoulder, which usually means she wants me to come to bed now. Just looked at the clock and she is probably right.

So, my friend, I shall leave it to you to turn out the lights tonight and I'll yak at ya tomorrow.

Alas, parting is such sweet sorrow... yeah, it must be late. My humor is getting stupid again....

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Prolly. He seems to be sufficiently concerned about his health to take the time to get educated. ;)

Peanut just jumped up on my shoulder, which usually means she wants me to come to bed now. Just looked at the clock and she is probably right.

So, my friend, I shall leave it to you to turn out the lights tonight and I'll yak at ya tomorrow.

Alas, parting is such sweet sorrow... yeah, it must be late. My humor is getting stupid again....
Hope the weather is good tomorrow for you and Lannie....have a great day, Rich.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sarah, does he have any significant back issues? I had a pseudo-heart attack last year and all the tests after they checked me in showed that I have an extremely healthy heart. Further research showed the pain that I mistook for a heart problem to be my bad back twisting my ribs, which pressured the sternum, which made a pain that was seen as a heart attack. Just another possibility...
As far as we know, he has no back issues. He is usually strong as an ox.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Phillip had no blockages around his heart, so no stents or bypass. Considering the times he has had problems, we're thinking it !at have been anxiety/panic attacks. He has been having problems only since he got a new supervisor that hates and despises him for the crime of being a Caucasian male. This supervisor is an Hispanic female.

Either he can try to find ways of coping with the stress, or he may go years without a job while he tries to find employment elsewhere.
Great to hear about the heart health. Sorry to hear/read about the supervisor. I've had the jobs from hell. Good luck!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
70 degrees here, was raining so hard this morning people had their 4-way flashers on...couldn't see 25 ft in front of my truck. NEVER seen it rain this hard for so long, and it's still raining, but just a steady rainfall. The cacti will love it...:)

I'm loving it too, NOT WORKING....:confetti:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
44 degrees this morning with [un-forecast] fog so thick visibility was barely more than 100 yards. They claim we will hit 75 today, but not if this fog doesn't go away and damn quick.
You should provide your forecasting ability to whoever in your area can't seem to get it correct, for a fee naturally....:)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You should provide your forecasting ability to whoever in your area can't seem to get it correct, for a fee naturally....:)
You think that NWS/NOAA (US Government) really gives a rat's ass whether their forecasts are accurate in an area with more cows than humans?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How was your day, Rich?....besides being fogged-in.....:cry:

Was beautiful here, rained like hell all day, everyone and everything seems to love it, the desert, animals, (my garden), lake levels, construction workers - NOT working, etc, etc....:)

And of course the NWS, with one flood alert after another on the cell......:headbang:

The NWS pholks must cream their britches, this phenomenon only occurs about once every decade. Gotta make the best of it.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You think that NWS/NOAA (US Government) really gives a rat's ass whether their forecasts are accurate in an area with more cows than humans?

Not really.

NOAA pulled out of the snowiest populated town in North America where almost 20% of the oil processed in the United States is shipped out of.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Of course not, they don't even care in other areas of the country.....:)

May as well say you have a 50-50 chance of rain everyday....be done with it....let them find real jobs.....:teehee:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not really.

NOAA pulled out of the snowiest populated town in North America where almost 20% of the oil processed in the United States is shipped out of.
Hahahaha...good one Juice....see Rich, my previous post basically said that....:devil:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And of course the NWS, with one flood alert after another on the cell......:headbang:
The NWS pholks must cream their britches, this phenomenon only occurs about once every decade. Gotta make the best of it.
I was watching one of those weather channels during this recent hurricane BS in Carolinas and the reporter was hanging onto a street lamp pole as if he was about to be blown off his feet, making it look like a real struggle to stay upright. I asked, "Why isn't his parka showing any more than a slight flap in the wind?" when I noticed, in the background (something his cameraman obviously missed), two people across the street, casually walking down the sidewalk with no effort at all. I am really getting tired of fake news from all directions on all subjects. There is no truth left in our country...

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hahahaha...good one Juice....see Rich, my previous post basically said that....:devil:

I could not effing believe it when NOAA closed the office here - we ship millions of barrels of oil from our port to the West Coast - and we get over 22 feet of snow every year - on top of gale force wind, way sub-zero temperatures etc. :crazy:

We're not just a few crazy people who enjoy bad weather - we supply pretty critical infrastructure to the whole country

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was watching one of those weather channels during this recent hurricane BS in Carolinas and the reporter was hanging onto a street lamp pole as if he was about to be blown off his feet, making it look like a real struggle to stay upright. I asked, "Why isn't his parka showing any more than a slight flap in the wind?" when I noticed, in the background (something his cameraman obviously missed), two people across the street, casually walking down the sidewalk with no effort at all. I am really getting tired of fake news from all directions on all subjects. There is no truth left in our country...
I seen that too....more FAKE NEWS......:devil:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I could not effing believe it when NOAA closed the office here - we ship millions of barrels of oil from our port to the West Coast - and we get over 22 feet of snow every year - on top of gale force wind, way sub-zero temperatures etc. :crazy:

We're not just a few crazy people who enjoy bad weather - we supply pretty critical infrastructure to the whole country
That certainly is a lil nutty, Juice.....!

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We're not just a few crazy people who enjoy bad weather
I'm pretty sure that is what they think about us. In any case, all government agencies now believe that if you have a computer, you don't need a person, so they install a "remote weather reporting station" (an anemometer, a thermometer, and a radio transmitter) to send your data to the central computer, which (in our case) then applies the Spanish Plains forecast model to said data and tells us what isn't happening within a thousand miles of us because they are such dumb fucks that % $^ &** (9@#5....... (my tongue has been deleted tonight for lack of being able to say anything nice)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm pretty sure that is what they think about us. In any case, all government agencies now believe that if you have a computer, you don't need a person, so they install a "remote weather reporting station" (an anemometer, a thermometer, and a radio transmitter) to send your data to the central computer, which (in our case) then applies the Spanish Plains forecast model to said data and tells us what isn't happening within a thousand miles of us because they are such dumb fucks that % $^ &** (9@#5....... (my tongue has been deleted tonight for lack of being able to say anything nice)
They don't seem to have any problems here.

Hot, hotter, or Hotter than hell. Rain chance ZERO or 100%

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They don't seem to have any problems here.
Hot, hotter, or Hotter than hell. Rain chance ZERO or 100%
Sure they do, but you have been programmed to not care about the details. When I played that game (and Tucson isn't too different than Phoenix), I would tell you exactly when the thunderstorms would be within 5 miles of the base perimeter. What do they tell you today? Oh, there's a 20% chance of thunderstorms and no additional data whatsoever.

VU Sponsors