Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Fuck opening the shit....just send it right to Mr Hates Junk Mail....!
Many years ago, I got a piece of junk mail at work. I opened it and it had a crisp $1 bill inside attached to a survey. I put the dollar in my pocket and, on my way out to have a cigarette, dropped the survey in the garbage near the mail station. I then did a quick halt, turned around, and pulled 24 more of those things out of the garbage can, all unopened. I had a nice dinner out that day.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Many years ago, I got a piece of junk mail at work. I opened it and it had a crisp $1 bill inside attached to a survey. I put the dollar in my pocket and, on my way out to have a cigarette, dropped the survey in the garbage near the mail station. I then did a quick halt, turned around, and pulled 24 more of those things out of the garbage can, all unopened. I had a nice dinner out that day.
It would be a cold day in hell before I opened a couple feet of weekly junk mail looking for a few bucks....!

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It would be a cold day in hell before I opened a couple feet of weekly junk mail looking for a few bucks....!
I really do understand that, Dale, but it is all a matter of perspective. For those with six figure incomes, a few bucks is not worth the effort. For those whose income doesn't come up to the poverty line, we eagerly invest the time for such a payback.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I really do understand that, Dale, but it is all a matter of perspective. For those with six figure incomes, a few bucks is not worth the effort. For those whose income doesn't come up to the poverty line, we eagerly invest the time for such a payback.
I hear that,I would dig right in.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I swear I get at least two feet of junk mail a week....not a single items that I asked for or need, everything is paid online......my blood begins to boil when I clean out the mailbox every night.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
my blood begins to boil when I clean out the mailbox every night.
I understand that too. Like I get an invitation to join AARP about once a week for the past 10 years. I will never join them and maybe they could lower their fees to others if they would quit wasting hundreds of dollars a week mailing shit to people like me. And big thick heavy catalogs for over-priced merchandise from companies I have never ever bought anything from. Why do they send that crap to me? I did not ask for it and I don't want it. Etc., etc.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I understand that too. Like I get an invitation to join AARP about once a week for the past 10 years. I will never join them and maybe they could lower their fees to others if they would quit wasting hundreds of dollars a week mailing shit to people like me. And big thick heavy catalogs for over-priced merchandise from companies I have never ever bought anything from. Why do they send that crap to me? I did not ask for it and I don't want it. Etc., etc.
I get some type of phone book type catalogue once a month too....forget who it's from, I'm usually to pissed off to care. I tried just not getting the mail...let it pile up for days.....then I got a knock on the door from the mail jackass with him holding about 25 lbs of garbage....I told him to hold on a second, I'll grab the recycling bin from the garage....he wasn't to pleased, but it hasn't stopped the shit from coming, in huge amounts.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Comes in hand when you have to light the wood burner

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I won't use junk mail -- especially catalogs -- to light the wood stove because most of it is glossy pages and that shit will clog the chimney. I get three ad newspapers every week (also unsolicited) and now have a whole huge box full of those flat/dull pages to light fires with.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wish I had or needed a wood stove.....I'd have plenty of shit to feed it.

Figured getting the industrial shredder I could always tenderise meat when I'm not shredding paper, like neck and front leg meat.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wish I had or needed a wood stove.....I'd have plenty of shit to feed it.

Figured getting the industrial shredder I could always tenderise meat when I'm not shredding paper, like neck and front leg meat.
That would probably be alright till you go to clean it:giggle:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well my friend i am gonna call it a night and crawl into a nice hot tub of ES water so gonna say G'night my friends Y'all have a great day tomorrow
Have a good one, Jimi...!

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK, Dale, which one of us is gonna say "good night" first? Well, maybe it should be the oldest of the Old Pharts...

Nitey nite and catch ya tomorrow. :D

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I will take the unpopulated regions
OK, here's the deal: You take all the oceans and I take all the land. You get 3/4 of the planet that way, but I am stuck with all the people and a very large percentage of the animals. You, however, will be responsible for the creation of all hurricanes. :D Well, how's that work for ya? Now, I must start the invention of the world-wide Neutron bomb launched from my personal space station. o_O

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, here's the deal: You take all the oceans and I take all the land. You get 3/4 of the planet that way, but I am stuck with all the people and a very large percentage of the animals. You, however, will be responsible for the creation of all hurricanes. :D Well, how's that work for ya? Now, I must start the invention of the world-wide Neutron bomb launched from my personal space station. o_O
Ok but I will charge a toll on shipping?

I will call it the Cetacean Empire.

and watch out for Sharknados!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ok but I will charge a toll on shipping?

I will call it the Cetacean Empire.

and watch out for Sharknados!

Who gets islands?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Made a couple renditions of Rich's recipes this morning.

Added a few drops of rich cinnamon to the scotchcake...it tastes great fresh.
Added a couple drops of rich cinnamon to the butterbear....whole new level of goodness.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thought I would post this cool picture for my friends here...... I call it
" SAVE YOU LIFE AND VAPE "......
868c2abed3787b5e02f3d7300073ac33.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Went on a shredding tizzy today.....emptied the shredder 4-times, I believe it holds 5-gallons packed tight. Was pissed off after I got the mail today, with another 8 inches of junk. Can't wait till the 240V unit arrives.....:cheers:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sounds like a decent day, wind is to be expected, nothing new there......:teehee:
After over 14 years here, I have to say that of all the ups and downs with weather here, the part I have most come to resent (OK, HATE) is this fucking wind blowing all the time. :cuss2:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I hear that, would get old quick...especially when it's chilly.
There might be 10-12 days out of the entire year when it is dead calm here, and almost all of them happen when the temp is neat or over 100 degrees, which is when I want a wind. But -20 with a 50-60 mph wind will make your skin fall off in minutes.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There might be 10-12 days out of the entire year when it is dead calm here, and almost all of them happen when the temp is neat or over 100 degrees, which is when I want a wind. But -20 with a 50-60 mph wind will make your skin fall off in minutes.
Yep...that is fucked up. Perhaps should have bought a homestead in a different location......:oops:

Prolly thought back then, "ah....can't be that bad", then find out oh yeah, it can be that bad

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Were you in Tucson after living in the NW, or prior?
Born and raised in Orygun (1949 to 1967), then Texas, Illinois, England, Italy, Illinois, then Arizona (1972-1973), then Orygun, then Montana, then Orygun, then Arizona (Grand Canyon Village), then Orygun, then South Dakota. Driven through 30 states and I have to say, geographically, I love Orygun best, but ever since it got Californicated, we couldn't stand it, so we escaped to here.

VU Sponsors