Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Born and raised in Orygun (1949 to 1967), then Texas, Illinois, England, Italy, Illinois, then Arizona (1972-1973), then Orygun, then Montana, then Orygun, then Arizona (Grand Canyon Village), then Orygun, then South Dakota. Driven through 30 states and I have to say, geographically, I love Orygun best, but ever since it got Californicated, we couldn't stand it, so we escaped to here.
I certainly agree with the part about Oregon.....fucking wacko city now.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My aunt and uncle live in Oregon, their in Arizona more than the NW....said they can't take the continual rain any longer....guess we all have different preferences the older we get.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Washington state isn't much better than Oregon now, is it?
No, it isn't. I think that border wall ought to turn north at the SW Arizona corner and go all the way to Canada along the eastern edge of California, Oregon, and Washington. Those three states all believe they are free to be sanctuaries to illegals. I think they should be kicked out of the Union and be renamed Dumbfuckistan.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No, it isn't. I think that border wall ought to turn north at the SW Arizona corner and go all the way to Canada along the eastern edge of California, Oregon, and Washington. Those three states all believe they are free to be sanctuaries to illegals. I think they should be kicked out of the Union and be renamed Dumbfuckistan.
Couldn't agree more.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What did you enjoy about the NW.........Seafood?.....:giggle:
Geology and geography, flora and fauna. Pacific seacoast, mountains, rich fertile valley, higher mountains (snow capped year around), then high desert. You can find just about any geographic "like" somewhere in that state, which I cannot say for any other state I have been in.

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Geology and geography, flora and fauna. Pacific seacoast, mountains, rich fertile valley, higher mountains (snow capped year around), then high desert. You can find just about any geographic like somewhere in that state, which I cannot say for any other state I have been in.
Were you there when Helen tossed her cookies?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Were you there when Helen tossed her cookies?
Yup, from start to finish. I actually evaded the National Guard road blocks and drove my Jeep CJ5 up back fire roads all the way to Spirit Lake one week before Mt. St. Helens blew her brains all over Washington state (with lots of ash in Porkland too). Then, the following winter, while it was still steaming a lot, I led a pack of nutso Nordic skiers beyond the "do not go beyond this sign" zone. Got lots of great photos from the air too (I don't think we were supposed to have done that either). Hey, 1980-81... all those years ago I was a helluva daredevil / risk taker... but I have stories to tell and photos to show that no one else has. I also have a few broken body parts to show for it. And yes, I would do it again. Imagine a cowboy in a Jeep CJ5 and that same cowboy in a black Smoky and the Bandit special edition turbo Trans Am. I climbed the mountains because they are there and drove Warp 9 because I could...... and now I am a tired old phart with lots of memories...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yup, from start to finish. I actually evaded the National Guard road blocks and drove my Jeep CJ5 up back fire roads all the way to Spirit Lake one week before Mt. St. Helens blew her brains all over Washington state (with lots of ash in Porkland too). Then, the following winter, while it was still steaming a lot, I led a pack of nutso Nordic skiers beyond the "do not go beyond this sign" zone. Got lots of great photos from the air too (I don't think we were supposed to have done that either). Hey, 1980-81... all those years ago I was a helluva daredevil / risk taker... but I have stories to tell and photos to show that no one else has. I also have a few broken body parts to show for it. And yes, I would do it again. Imagine a cowboy in a Jeep CJ5 and that same cowboy in a black Smoky and the Bandit special edition turbo Trans Am. I climbed the mountains because they are there and drove Warp 9 because I could...... and now I am a tired old phart with lots of memories...
Yep, the 80's were the best years of my life too. Had one hell of a good time, everyday.......:devil:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep, the 80's were the best years of my life too. Had one hell of a good time, everyday.......:devil:
I have to look back with some humor too. 137 mph in my "Arrest Me Red" Porsche 944 in a 55 mph zone and, believe it or not, I have never in my life gotten a speeding ticket. :D I sure did love the late 70s to mid 80s......

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have to look back with some humor too. 137 mph in my "Arrest Me Red" Porsche 944 in a 55 mph zone and, believe it or not, I have never in my life gotten a speeding ticket. :D I sure did love the late 70s to mid 80s......
Oh hell yes, it's a wonder I'm alive, let alone never getting a speeding ticket.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
165mph on a Yamaha 650 was fun. My ex could never get it registered. California DMV said the engine was illegal. My Honda CB750 could only do 125mph, and that was during one of the more boring parts of the 80s.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh hell yes, it's a wonder I'm alive, let alone never getting a speeding ticket.
Well, see Dale, we have one more thing in common: we were both crazy.... (as, apparently, was Sarah).
Now, in a couple days, when Jimi logs back in here, maybe he'll tell us how crazy he was back then too. o_O

In the mean time, I am putting my tired old antique butt to bed. Catch y'all tomorrow.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, see Dale, we have one more thing in common: we were both crazy.... (as, apparently, was Sarah).
Now, in a couple days, when Jimi logs back in here, maybe he'll tell us how crazy he was back then too. o_O

In the mean time, I am putting my tired old antique butt to bed. Catch y'all tomorrow.
Have a good one, Rich....I'll be thinking of the good ole days... when in bed,,,,,,,,:)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Geology and geography, flora and fauna. Pacific seacoast, mountains, rich fertile valley, higher mountains (snow capped year around), then high desert. You can find just about any geographic like somewhere in that state, which I cannot say for any other state I have been in.
Yep you can go from rains 300 days a year to rains 65 days a year in a couple of hours drive.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning Old Pharts! Just finished off a work weekend. It would have been smooth but I think I'm still sick. I don't believe it is contagious. Ocular migraine with aura, fatigue and head pressure. I'll just have to ride this one out. I tried Ibuprofen, aspirin but no relief. I tried tylenol low dose and that seems to work somewhat.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How was SD today?.....SSDD?
Yup. Cloudy, windy (oops, sorry, just VERY breezy). We peeled a shitload of apples and Lannie made some really yummy applesauce. Test tasted today, but tomorrow it goes on a plate with pork chops. I can hardly wait. Maybe if I go to sleep right now, supper will happen sooner.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yup. Cloudy, windy (oops, sorry, just VERY breezy). We peeled a shitload of apples and Lannie made some really yummy applesauce. Test tasted today, but tomorrow it goes on a plate with pork chops. I can hardly wait. Maybe if I go to sleep right now, supper will happen sooner.
Hahhaha....at least it will seem sooner when sleeping

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Inspecting a 50,000 sf office building tomorrow about an hour west of me.
New industrial complex, or has the greater Phoenix area grown so much that an hour west of Scottsdale is no longer desert?

G'nite, Dale. Sleep well and don't work too hard.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Life from the seat of a tractor
An old Farmer's Words of Wisdom we could all live by.

The last quote fits everyone -- I don't care who you are.

Your fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight and bull-strong.

Keep skunks and bankers at a distance.

Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.

A bumble bee is considerably faster than a John Deere tractor.

Words that soak into your ears are whispered....not yelled.

Meanness don't just happen overnight.

Forgive your enemies; it messes up their heads.

Do not corner something that you know is meaner than you.

It don't take a very big person to carry a grudge.

You cannot unsay a cruel word.

Every path has a few puddles.

When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.

The best sermons are lived, not preached.

Most of the stuff people worry about, ain't never gonna happen anyway.

Don't judge folks by their relatives.

Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.

Live a good and honorable life, then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

Don't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none.

Timin' has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.

Sometimes you get, and sometimes you get got.

The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every mornin'.

Always drink upstream from the herd.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.

Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin' it back in.

If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply,

Speak kindly, and leave the rest to God.

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

And, finally.........................................

1.jpeg

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

LOL yep always been that way myself.
The few physical altercations I have been involved in were not my choice and afterwards I was told that I did not fight fair.
I replied to the effect that I did not fight for sport but to win. If someone wants to fight fair go to a gym or Dojo.

VU Sponsors