Become a Patron!

Ordering from China (actually anywhere) Support Group...

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
That page is in English. When I use Track17 I always have to scroll and hit the English check box.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a great question. Anybody here by the name of "Otto Linton?" Or know anybody by that name? Or ever have a vendor ship to you under that name?

I got this email and the tracking number checks out. It's a real shipment. The problem is, I have no idea what it is or who it's from. :huh:
ottolinton.JPG

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here's a great question. Anybody here by the name of "Otto Linton?" Or know anybody by that name? Or ever have a vendor ship to you under that name?

I got this email and the tracking number checks out. It's a real shipment. The problem is, I have no idea what it is or who it's from. :huh:
View attachment 174145

Google say's he's a vintage racer and he's dead, so don't think that's who you are looking for lol

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Google say's he's a vintage racer and he's dead, so don't think that's who you are looking for lol
Quite so :) I googled the name and came up with the same thing.

I have all my incoming packages accounted for as far as I know. I have no clue what this is or who this person is.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Placed an order on Amazon for Computer Parts on Saturday, still have not shipped but says it will be here Tuesday. Now it is 2 different Vendors but both products shipped and sold by Amazon.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What parts did you order?

I ordered a Power Supply for my Laptop and a new Battery since it discharged completely when I didn't realize the PS kissed the ghost. Also ordered an OEM Toshiba Keyboard on Fleabay for my back up Laptop which I had to put into service. The KB will be here Saturday but all originally said Tuesday. Still not shipped by Amazon.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So USPS delivered my Keyboard at 7:00 this morning~! Had it replaced by the time I had my second mug of coffee~! My other parts finally shipped and Amazon says yesterday so it appears Amazon Tracking is running 24 hours behind. Since I am doing Virtual Christmas Shopping this year I will need to find a Christmas Song about Tracking~!

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a bunch of packages that have been floating around ranging from a week to 3 weeks. Now 6 of them are at the local PO scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Who wants to lay odds on how many of them actiually get here?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I ordered a gift on Amazon on Saturday and it shows out for delivery this morning. My Laptop Parts were scheduled for tomorrow but also out for delivery. So this should be interesting will it be on two separate Vans?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Both boxes delivered this morning and Amazon Tracking is pretty cool showing I was Next Stop when I went to track before. Went to look outside for the Prime Van and saw them on stoop.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So this explains the Slow Boat From China theory~! I was watching this video and about 2:30 or 2:45 they state that running the big ships at slower speeds saves fuel instead of full steam ahead.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ive got a package that made it about 30 miles from me very quickly and efficiently, then just disappear with no updates for about 5 days now. I wasn't concerned this whole time, but it is starting to get to that point for me.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I should not have been so optimistic. The package passed thru customs 12/10 and arrived at LA distribution on 12/11 . It has not moved since then...

Does Tracking show it as Delayed? I am hearing stories about USPS being really screwed up but I haven't experienced it except for Tracking. Seems like it is too much to scan or the machines are at full speed and missing them?

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Does Tracking show it as Delayed? I am hearing stories about USPS being really screwed up but I haven't experienced it except for Tracking. Seems like it is too much to scan or the machines are at full speed and missing them?
December 15, 2020
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

December 11, 2020, 12:29 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

December 10, 2020, 9:13 am
Processed Through Facility
ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Looks familiar to a package I had recently and it is moving but slowly. When I had that happen next thing it said was Out For Delivery~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have had things come earlier than scheduled and delayed for days at the local PO. Heading out I see a box on the porch and say WTH? Can't complain if stuff comes early but would be nice if the tracking said out for delivery and not Scheduled for Monday when I get it on Friday or Saturday~!

SUKMYVAPOR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which companies have us shipping locations are there any that still exist.. dont remember which vendor shipped from China but you could buy from their us warehouse .. anyone know

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Which companies have us shipping locations are there any that still exist.. dont remember which vendor shipped from China but you could buy from their us warehouse .. anyone know
Vapesourcing is the one I've bought from.

SUKMYVAPOR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had 2 of my orders from fasttech sent back from customs not sure why but done with them really wanted that dvarw though

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had 2 of my orders from fasttech sent back from customs not sure why but done with them really wanted that dvarw though
How did you find this out? I have one from 3F I suspect might be falling victim to the same thing.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I ordered from Roadside in California on December 29th and my package is in the Local PO right now scheduled for tomorrow delivery, Let's see what happens because the last time one order was delivered a day early and one a day late.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
About that. i did some research on mine about a week ago and you can find plenty of posts from people having similar issues going back at least a year. I don't know how new this is.

I sent 3A a message and they said unless it says it's rejected by customs, other messages don't necessarily mean it has been. Although they could.

Don't you just love all this concrete certainty about everything in the world today?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mom found 2 packages from USPS on Sunday left outside in the rain because they no longer ring the bell. Who the fuck expects Sunday deliveries? If it was me I would be tracking them but not on Sunday??

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mom found 2 packages from USPS on Sunday left outside in the rain because they no longer ring the bell. Who the fuck expects Sunday deliveries? If it was me I would be tracking them but not on Sunday??
I've gotten a couple Sunday deliveries.

When the guy delievered my Kayfun stuff, he wouldn't hand it to anybody. He said he'd have to leave it on the porch and we could get it off the porch after he left.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've gotten a couple Sunday deliveries.

When the guy delievered my Kayfun stuff, he wouldn't hand it anybody. He said he'd have to leave it on the porch and we could get it off the porch after he left.

I have had Amazon, FedEx and USPS people hand stuff to me when I didn't even have a Mask On! We did do a long reach type of hand off and early on I told one guy to just put it on the porch. Was because I saw them coming. My Mailman lives right down the block so I see him all over the place.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I got my order from Roadside before lunch and found my order from Direct Vapor with it in the mailbox. I ordered that on Dec 31, 2020 and got it today~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I never received an email it shipped but I did receive confirmation of the order. Now considering I ordered it on New Years Eve I didn't even think it would ship until today the earliest much less receive the order~!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Just ordered 2 Deucesjack /Damn Vape Mongrel RDAs from Sourcemore-
I am getting one SS and one in Black
Now the wait begins-
by the way- I was able to use Paypal for my purchase

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Placed an order on the 27th and have not received an email confirmation for shipping. Credit Card was charged and trying to contact the company results in automated message about the Pandemic and short handed. I do have an expected delivery date so if my Go Pro Camera isn't here by then I do a charge back. Clock started ticking today so I will complain for 10 days~! LMFAO

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Closing in on 2 months for my 'in stock' from FT.
Coming to Az by way of Chicago instead of the usual LA, which is bad.
Granted there was holiday and Sunday, but sitting in Aurora for 6 days.

Isn't it funny how when we order from afar we tell ourselves it's ok if shipping takes a while, esp when it's an item we didn't plan on or need any time soon, then when it does take forever, we bitch and moan. lol

I any event, 30 days from afar is more than anything should take.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a thing.

I ordered a 2nd Supbox from 3F 2 weeks ago and it's at the local PO right now.

I also have 2 orders before that one that got here in like 3 weeks.

The 4TH ONE BACK was ordered on the 30th of October and hasn't left China yet. Daisy at China post says it's probably being returned by customs to the vendor, 3f says maybe, but not necessarily and they'll take care of it if it is.

What's the point? Yet again, once the shop ships the package it's out of their hands and all bets are off as to what will happen.

Saying that you made an order from such and such shop and it got screwed up so I'm never ordering from them again. is not good sense. Unless THEY didn't ship it.

Here I have 3 orders in a row from 3F that got here fine and one from the same shop 3 months ago that still hasn't even left China.

It's not 3F's fault.

What it comes down to is what you're willing to gamble ordering from over there, but singling out an innocent shop is not the problem or the answer.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
What's the point? Yet again, once the shop ships the package it's out of their hands and all bets are off as to what will happen.
I agree with you-
Yes we see those posts all the time blaming, calling out or black balling a vendor for slow shipping- when it is not usually the fault of the vendor if they shipped it out in a timely manner, they and we are at the mercy of the shipping companies. Not only China vendors but US vendors too- after the Black Friday- Christmas USPS, Covid shipping debacle, many complaints about vendors, but when they ship it out and it sits for days or weeks at a PO , not the vendors fault.
People like to complain is all, it's the nature of the beast- lol

VU Sponsors