Become a Patron!

Ordering from China (actually anywhere) Support Group...

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I got a call from a Supervisor last night and this winner is telling me it isn't the same Tracking Number which it is and had a freaking attitude. She got screamed at and once I receive my package I will be on the phone again to report her attitude and go above some heads.

1614949972249.png

With UPS this now means nothing. I forgot to mention it was 48° and Clear Skies yesterday.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So when I was coming home from the Supermarket the UPS Truck was coming down the block so I angled the Plow to raise it on his side and blocked the road so he had to pull to the curb. I asked did he deliver to my house number and Boy Oh Boy did he know there was a problem. Got my Trip Springs for the plow and installed them but UP Ace took so long to get them here there is no snow left around~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I had ordered 2 things from PCH and received the second before the first one which on PCH Tracking said USPS had accepted it but USPS Tracking said Awaiting the package for the last 10 days. So yesterday I call customer service and raised hell. Check tracking this morning before I call and do the Charge Back on the CC like I told the CS Rep before I hung up and what do I see? Magically Out For Delivery when it has sat in the Post Office for the last 10 days.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I wonder if calling and reaming UPS and a Supervisor has made a difference. I placed an order for a 25LB bag of Soil Sulphur on Sunday using Amazon because no places local had it. Already Out For Delivery with UPS~! Original Expected delivery date was 3/19 to 3/23.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I had 2 orders stuck at Label Created waiting for my packages. Calling the Vendors makes things magically get scanned~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I ordered 2 things on Amazon Yesterday and when I checked this morning it started shipping. Got back home this afternoon and check again but now they have NOT Shipped~! WTF?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I placed 3 orders this week one on the 29th for RTA/RDA's. one on the 1st for Batteries and Water. All three showing out for delivery. So lets see how UPS/USPS and FedEx compare~! My money is on USPS to get here 1st.....................

PS: The Amazon order got canceled by me because it never shipped and I said screw them.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had one scan in in Boulder the other day and then show up out for delivery here. At which time I wondered if it would actually be delivered or if I would have to pick it up at the PO.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My batts from 18650batterystore, the stuff I ordered from Eciggity yesterday, and Milly's CurcuVET® supplements are cruising through nicely.

Snap1282.jpg

I got a huge bag of Puffs Japanese Cotton coming in early via AMZ around the 14th too.
That'll last me another decade or so. Still using the 1/2 bag I got back in like 2014 :D

amz_ftw.jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have had vape mail stuck in Chicago international airport for almost a month

I would be contacting the Shipper because I assume it is lost or stolen. I had a package stuck in Brooklyn one time and after opening a ticket it appeared in my mailbox in a day.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would be contacting the Shipper because I assume it is lost or stolen. I had a package stuck in Brooklyn one time and after opening a ticket it appeared in my mailbox in a day.
It is probably just waiting for a flight to here. Our borders are pretty tight ATM

It'll show up. I just had to vent a minute

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It is probably just waiting for a flight to here. Our borders are pretty tight ATM

It'll show up. I just had to vent a minute

From things I've read in other posts here on the forum, the Chicago airport and the Customs office there are both like the black hole of Calcutta. I doubt that something being stuck there for a month is anything out of the ordinary.

I do know also from personal experience that shipping anything to Australia from the US takes an incredibly long period of time (and is far too expensive, too), so hopefully your stuff will show up eventually.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
From things I've read in other posts here on the forum, the Chicago airport and the Customs office there are both like the black hole of Calcutta. I doubt that something being stuck there for a month is anything out of the ordinary.

I do know also from personal experience that shipping anything to Australia from the US takes an incredibly long period of time (and is far too expensive, too), so hopefully your stuff will show up eventually.
Thanks

Some degree of predictability would be nice. Anything from a week up to a couple months

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Chicago has been a shit hole lately. I had a package sit there for 34 days before being sent to Sanfrancisco and finally coming to Missouri.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Seems, with the way things have gone lately, that's not too bad for Chicago.

Chicago's not all that far from Detroit, and don't we remember the debacle @gsmit1 had when he lived five minutes from the USPS distribution center and had a shipment sit in Detroit for over a month?

If I remember correctly.....

I still say, and I mean this from the bottom of my scheming little heart, that there has been deliberate fucking up of the routing system used by the US Postal Service. That's all I will say to avoid breaking the rule of "no politics."

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@nadalama

Yeah when it comes to the USPS, there's incompetence, and then there's advanced award winning incompetence. The main Detroit distribution hub downtown on the river, I'm convinced has a trophy case somewhere full of their achievements in incompetence.

That facility is actually about 25 or 30 minutes from here. The local PO is right up the street, but it's not much better and even worse lately with the debacle of ever rotating temporary carriers who care more about their favorite TV show than they do about getting anybody their mail.

In a heroic quest to also resist the temptation to make this political, there is no way I'm going to be persuaded to express my firm belief that carriers are now sitting home collecting monopoly money rather than working their job.

General delays are a way of life here. For it to make the NEWS you know it's gotten to the point of laughable ridiculousness.

The people at the local PO told me that 50% of the carriers are out with covid. Seriously? A largely outdoor and solitary occupation is cursed with an infection rate that is several times higher than EVERYbody else here?

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's also a large distribution hub in Allen Park and one in Pontiac, but our stuff is supposed to go from downtown to the local PO. The only time I've had any experience with either of those two is when the Jefferson hub sent my packages to them in error.

Pontiac is pretty good. I talked to them on the phone and they told me that they get wrong packages from Detroit all the time and they turn them back the same day. That has been my experience. They do get turned back to the Detroit facility quickly.

For whatever reason, Allen Park forwards them to the local PO after having them for a couple days, which is still better than going back downtown.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
the debacle of ever rotating temporary carriers who care more about their favorite TV show than they do about getting anybody their mail.

We had a Temp here who was talking on his phone the entire time he was doing the route. One day he was arguing on the phone and I thought I was in the Ghetto and walked from the backyard to see what the commotion was because it sounded like 2 Homers going at it.

The next day I left a package in the mail for him to take and he just pushed the mail in and the package further. Between the mail for other houses and some not even on this block I had it~! Called a Supervisor and let him have it. Next day we had a different Temp because our Regular Carrier Retired.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
f64b5a42aedfc07afcfe5261e9dad636.jpg

While neither here nor there, I hail from Belle Plaine, moved here to Portland, Oregon back in 2001; haven't touched a snow shovel since...

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Aromamizer Plus that I ordered from FT made it through Customs, apparently. Is about to leave the USPS NY Processing Center.

I didn't know if this order would make it through Customs or not, so this is a big relief. I hope I'll have it in hand in about three days.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Aromamizer Plus that I ordered from FT made it through Customs, apparently. Is about to leave the USPS NY Processing Center.

I didn't know if this order would make it through Customs or not, so this is a big relief. I hope I'll have it in hand in about three days.

Which New York Processing Center? Central NY?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
An article I just read tells me it's actually with Customs in NYC right now. I hadn't done my homework as to what that message meant, so it could still be seized or delayed.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
An article I just read tells me it's actually with Customs in NYC right now. I hadn't done my homework as to what that message meant, so it could still be seized or delayed.

From my Experience that means it is in USPS hands and not Customs. If it is in Customs it usually states that. I could be wrong or too buzzed~! Good Luck~!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
What's the message?

This is the message I had yesterday:

Processed Through Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

The article I read online told me that THAT message meant the package was with US Customs.

But this morning I can see that it's already moved through the USPS Regional facility at Queens and has arrived at the USPS Regional facility at Jersey City, NJ. So it's on its way here, it seems.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This is the message I had yesterday:

Processed Through Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

The article I read online told me that THAT message meant the package was with US Customs.

But this morning I can see that it's already moved through the USPS Regional facility at Queens and has arrived at the USPS Regional facility at Jersey City, NJ. So it's on its way here, it seems.
That was quick...

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm afraid to freakin' ask about the latest delivery-times for FT, now.. Been over a year since I bothered, but the local joints refuse to goddamned carry replacement glass for the Kylin mini v2.

VU Sponsors