Rhyming is hard, I'm Batman
Sent From The BatCave

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm anywhere between 1 & 1.6 ohm. Would that make that much difference??
Yeah at that ohms juice made for dripping would be sub par you would want something with higher flavor @ .5 you want something with lower flavor so its not as harsh tasting

Sent from my LabRatory

bgaulding

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah at that ohms juice made for dripping would be sub par you would want something with higher flavor @ .5 you want something with lower flavor so its not as harsh tasting

Sent from my LabRatory

I don't like my coils under 1 ohm. I think juice is better around or slightly above 1 ohm. I bought the Subtank & run it with the 1.2 ohm coils. So.. does that make me an odd ball?!? Lol

When I first started building, I found out quickly that I preferred the higher ohm's. Believe me, I tried. Hell, even on the Subtank the .5 ohm coils are crappy. To me the juice loses flavor. It's just not my cup of tea.

Last edited:

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't like my coils under 1 ohm. I think juice is better around or slightly above 1 ohm. I bought the Subtank & run it with the 1.2 ohm coils. So.. does that make me an odd ball?!? Lol

When I first started building, I found out quickly that I preferred the higher ohm's. Believe me, I tried. Hell, even on the Subtank the .5 ohm coils are crappy. To me the juice loses flavor. It's just not my cup of tea.
No you're not an odd ball, I prefer my Subtank also with the 1.2ohm coils, or stock coils rebuilt about ~1.0-1.6ohms. I think the flavor and vapor production is about the same as with the 0.5ohm coil, but the 0.5ohm coil blows through juice really fast. It's all user preference, so whatever you like is the right way to do it.

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Actually theres a lot of factors and the subtank taught me this

There's dripper juice and flavor juice

Dripper juice or cloud formulated juice has higher VG and a lower % flavor profile normally 10% flavoring cause any more leaves a harsh hit

Flavor juice is normally a 12-20% mixture which sucks in a dripper sub ohm

I know this because at the time I wasn't aware that the subtank had 2 coils one coil my juice sucked flavorless crappy I hated it... To other coil BAM perfect loved it.... It was the .5 vs 1.2 you gotta pick you juice and pick your build with vaping there is so many options you can't condemn something you haven't properly tried

Its like buying a car and they stating " this car sucks I can't pull my boat with this car so all cars suck"... Well that's because they weren't made to haul a 40 ft boat behind it

I guess what I'm saying is there's a lot of trial and error with vaping I would say consult an expert ... But yeah everyone thinks they know everything about vaping ... So best thing I can say is get 5 different opinions and average out the result

Question what's the best sub ohm to build at...
1.).9
2.).2
3.).6
4.).008<--(the idiot that will be on news)
5.).4

So you take those opinions and look at them one is high sub ohm ones super low (which you ignore) one is lower sub ohm you half those and you have 2 that are near that so one says 6 one says 4 so why not go .5

That's how you deal with know-it-alls

But to each his own I'm not forcing you to vape sub ohm I'm just forcing knowledge upon you

Sent from my LabRatory

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No you're not an odd ball, I prefer my Subtank also with the 1.2ohm coils, or stock coils rebuilt about ~1.0-1.6ohms. I think the flavor and vapor production is about the same as with the 0.5ohm coil, but the 0.5ohm coil blows through juice really fast. It's all user preference, so whatever you like is the right way to do it.
That's odd that you find the 1.2 is same vapor production as a .5 I find it to be half as much not as dense more then amount if that makes sense

For example I find a 1.2 coil will make a 3ft plume but its like foggy looking hazy if you will ... Now a .5 produces a 3ft plume but its dense like I can't see anything through it cut it with a knife dense ... I dunno I'll have to make some coils and see

Sent from my LabRatory

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's odd that you find the 1.2 is same vapor production as a .5 I find it to be half as much not as dense more then amount if that makes sense

For example I find a 1.2 coil will make a 3ft plume but its like foggy looking hazy if you will ... Now a .5 produces a 3ft plume but its dense like I can't see anything through it cut it with a knife dense ... I dunno I'll have to make some coils and see

Sent from my LabRatory
I've done them side by side, well one right after the other, with mine and my wife's Subtank Mini, same mod, same juice, one with 0.5 and one with 1.2 and see no noticeable difference. Also don't taste any difference or feel any difference. That was done with stock coils too. The only difference I see is one goes through juice twice as fast.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It could just be me but I've found that 1+ohm single coil needs 20-30w to produce decent flavor but on the other hand,a sub ohm single coil provides better flavor in the 11-20w range.
I was cranking the .5 coils @25-30w and it was a nice warm vape but my flavors seemed muted.
I kicked it down to 15w,closed the air a bit and was blown away from the difference.
now I run all of my -ohm single coils under 20w.

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It could just be me but I've found that 1+ohm single coil needs 20-30w to produce decent flavor but on the other hand,a sub ohm single coil provides better flavor in the 11-20w range.
I was cranking the .5 coils @25-30w and it was a nice warm vape but my flavors seemed muted.
I kicked it down to 15w,closed the air a bit and was blown away from the difference.
now I run all of my -ohm single coils under 20w.
See I get the same results sub ohms can kick out flavor if done right

Sent from my LabRatory

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've done them side by side, well one right after the other, with mine and my wife's Subtank Mini, same mod, same juice, one with 0.5 and one with 1.2 and see no noticeable difference. Also don't taste any difference or feel any difference. That was done with stock coils too. The only difference I see is one goes through juice twice as fast.
I understand where your coming from but while all that was the same one thing was different the watts/volts you ran them at which can change a lot as bondo pointed out

Sent from my LabRatory

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey everyone I noticed Tapatalk updated and I was playing in settings cause my notifications were blowing up
6651300ecfbbf91bb607b55dd6b253ed.jpg
so I looked into the apps advanced settings and I found the culprit that has been messing with people so if you get a few notifications and it stops try changing this and see if it helps
9e000f3cd4e40c8cd39ea572d3b9dca4.jpg
232fbe918064bb675aee9a15581da032.jpg

Sent from my LabRatory

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I understand where your coming from but while all that was the same one thing was different the watts/volts you ran them at which can change a lot as bondo pointed out

Sent from my LabRatory
You are right there. The watts/volts was different. I don't recall what they were set at, but probably somewhere around my normal usage which is ~18 watts on the 1.2ohm and ~24 watts on the 0.5ohm. With the Subtank I just don't see a noticeable enough difference of one over the other to warrant using the 0.5ohm and going through juice a lot faster, so I still stick around ~1.0-1.5ohms myself on the RBA decks. I was rewicking and/or rebuilding the stock coils for awhile, but now I'm strictly using the RBA decks. It's so much easier to pull the cotton, dry burn the coils, and replace the cotton.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are right there. The watts/volts was different. I don't recall what they were set at, but probably somewhere around my normal usage which is ~18 watts on the 1.2ohm and ~24 watts on the 0.5ohm. With the Subtank I just don't see a noticeable enough difference of one over the other to warrant using the 0.5ohm and going through juice a lot faster, so I still stick around ~1.0-1.5ohms myself on the RBA decks. I was rewicking and/or rebuilding the stock coils for awhile, but now I'm strictly using the RBA decks. It's so much easier to pull the cotton, dry burn the coils, and replace the cotton.

Try a fruity or layered flavor on the .5@12-18w. Though a cooler vape,I bet you notice a significant difference. You can warm it back up by closing the air a bit.
I like a wide open draw so my sweet spot is the wide open flow closed roughly .5-1mm. It doesn't sound like much but it's enough to warm the draw without losing too much flow.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
See I get the same results sub ohms can kick out flavor if done right

Sent from my LabRatory

And batts last longer....;)

Aside from dripping,my best tank experiences have been on dual coil sub ohm tanks (VCT,orchid,Cthulhu,etc.)wicked with reyon@11-20w.
the only variable for me is the viscosity and flavor of the juice.
I simply taste,listen and feel what the coil is doing and adjust W. from there.
I start low and if it's gurgling I'll ramp it up a bit until the flavor starts to trail off and then come back down a half a watt or so.
I absolutely LOVE trying new setups/gear but I try to take as much guess work out of my ADV's as I can.

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually like a cooler vape personally. My ADV is a fruity layered type of ejuice. It has Frankenberry and Birthday Cake flavoring in it. The Delta II is by far the most flavorful tank I've ever tried. Prior to that, I probably would have said the Orchid was it. The Delta II beats it by far, along with my Kayfun, Subtank, VCT Pro, Atlantis, and others that I have tried. I actually think the VCT Pro has muted flavor. I like everything else about it....capacity, looks, vapor production, etc...but my juices have no flavor in it, we'll some flavor, just very muted. :( That's also using their stock coils, as I don't have the RBA kit for it.

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually like a cooler vape personally. My ADV is a fruity layered type of ejuice. It has Frankenberry and Birthday Cake flavoring in it. The Delta II is by far the most flavorful tank I've ever tried. Prior to that, I probably would have said the Orchid was it. The Delta II beats it by far, along with my Kayfun, Subtank, VCT Pro, Atlantis, and others that I have tried. I actually think the VCT Pro has muted flavor. I like everything else about it....capacity, looks, vapor production, etc...but my juices have no flavor in it, we'll some flavor, just very muted. :( That's also using their stock coils, as I don't have the RBA kit for it.
I don't think you ever said how did that juice work out? Is it right or close?

Sent from my Momabear headquarters...

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I prefer the 1.2 coils too. Except I really really like the temp control coils now.

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think you ever said how did that juice work out? Is it right or close?

It's perfect @MOMABEAR I guess you missed it, but I had finally gotten one of the employees to tell me where the flavorings came from. So I was able to order a bottle of each in bulk and I already knew the %'s so it was easy after that. Now it's my ADV and super cheap at that. I love it. I sent a bottle of each of the flavorings to @Pauly Walnuts earlier this week as part of a little trade we did. I'm still waiting to hear back from him what he thinks of it. I'm addicted to it myself. :) I'm okay with that.

bkind

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man that juice sounds delicious! I would love to give that a whirl. I've just recently started my search down the perfect cereal recipe rabbit hole. The mega cereal thread has been wonderful in this adventure.

ColeGirl1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Frankenberry and birthday cake?!? Man, I need to get out more. I am a major juice noob; I hardly know of any good juices, just vaping the same few juices over and over.

dodyhearts

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Frankenberry and birthday cake?!? Man, I need to get out more. I am a major juice noob; I hardly know of any good juices, just vaping the same few juices over and over.
The problem with that is I get bored of the same juices easily so I'm always trying new ones most vape stores will let you try them first before you buy them which is cool so I try a good few to the taste of what I like

Roses are red,Violets are blue,
Sent From The BatCave

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's perfect @MOMABEAR I guess you missed it, but I had finally gotten one of the employees to tell me where the flavorings came from. So I was able to order a bottle of each in bulk and I already knew the %'s so it was easy after that. Now it's my ADV and super cheap at that. I love it. I sent a bottle of each of the flavorings to @Pauly Walnuts earlier this week as part of a little trade we did. I'm still waiting to hear back from him what he thinks of it. I'm addicted to it myself. :) I'm okay with that.
Its good stuff, Im vaping it as we speak. Its about to find a place in my adv lemo2, which is a great compliment.
The problem with that is I get bored of the same juices easily so I'm always trying new ones most vape stores will let you try them first before you buy them which is cool so I try a good few to the taste of what I like

Sent From The BatCave
Oh man, I do too!!!! Right now, I have like 4different recipes Im vaping on and off right now, and have made probably 20 in the past few months that have been vaped for more than a day at a time. I CRAVE CHANGE!! in juices that is.

dodyhearts

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its good stuff, Im vaping it as we speak. Its about to find a place in my adv lemo2, which is a great compliment.

Oh man, I do too!!!! Right now, I have like 4different recipes Im vaping on and off right now, and have made probably 20 in the past few months that have been vaped for more than a day at a time. I CRAVE CHANGE!! in juices that is.
I am very fickle when it comes to juices there is only one juice I could vape all day and that surfs up everything else after about a day or two to a week I have to change it up

Sent From The BatCave

djmunster

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i wanna start diy but i cant right now, i have 3 kids running around and dont have a proper space to deal with the chemicals where it would be safe and away from the kids
till then its overpriced store bought liquid

dodyhearts

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i wanna start diy but i cant right now, i have 3 kids running around and dont have a proper space to deal with the chemicals where it would be safe and away from the kids
Wait till they are asleep make what you want stash everything in a safe spot they can't get it top of the closet works well for steeping lol

Sent From The BatCave

djmunster

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wait till they are asleep make what you want stash everything in a safe spot they can't get it top of the closet works well for steeping lol

Sent From The BatCave
lol by the time they are ready for bed me and my wife are also ready

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are some really good very inexpensive companies out there as well. Have you ever tried Vista Vapors or VapeWild? They both have a lot of pretty damn decent flavors, and they are fairly cheap price-wise. DIY isn't just about finding a place to put stuff, but it also requires an initial investment of money and a lot of time to learn about different flavors characteristics. It's not for everyone. I don't say this to try and sway you away from it, if anything I'd tell everyone to try it, but then again, it just simply isn't for everyone.

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man that juice sounds delicious! I would love to give that a whirl. I've just recently started my search down the perfect cereal recipe rabbit hole. The mega cereal thread has been wonderful in this adventure.
I'd love to send a little to everyone to try, but my budget and financial situation simply doesn't allow for that. :( I have yet to let someone try this juice whom it fits their flavor profile, and them not say, "Damn that's good!" Most want more. Again, this isn't a recipe I came up with myself. This is a juice I used to purchase from a B&M. I was able to figure out the recipe and ingredients by watching them mix it when I bought it. After a few trials and errors, I finally convinced one of the employees to tell me the brand of flavorings that were going into it. After that it was simple. I have 3 local friends and a brother and sister-in-law who are hooked on it now as well. I mix it up by the 120ml for them and I charge them $30...it more then pays for the supplies and it allows me to make a few $$, at the same time, they're getting a deal because the local vape shops near us sell juice at $15 per 30ml, so they're getting it basically at half-price. Also I let them try new flavors as I work on them...although I haven't really been working on much lately.

dodyhearts

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lol by the time they are ready for bed me and my wife are also ready
Make sense lol how about a study room or some type of room with a lock so they can't come in?

Sent From The BatCave

djmunster

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There are some really good very inexpensive companies out there as well. Have you ever tried Vista Vapors or VapeWild? They both have a lot of pretty damn decent flavors, and they are fairly cheap price-wise. DIY isn't just about finding a place to put stuff, but it also requires an initial investment of money and a lot of time to learn about different flavors characteristics. It's not for everyone. I don't say this to try and sway you away from it, if anything I'd tell everyone to try it, but then again, it just simply isn't for everyone.

i really don't overspend on juice ,I'm a bargain shopper,i have my go to juice vendors and the prices are good ,i also have a friend that does diy and i spent some time with him trying to clone some recipes to get a feel for mixing .everyday life doesn't allow for me to spend much time with him ,but i have enjoyed being able to vape my finished products

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i really don't overspend on juice ,I'm a bargain shopper,i have my go to juice vendors and the prices are good ,i also have a friend that does diy and i spent some time with him trying to clone some recipes to get a feel for mixing .everyday life doesn't allow for me to spend much time with him ,but i have enjoyed being able to vape my finished products
Sounds good...you just had me worried with the "overpriced store bought liquid" comment. I thought you were paying like premium juice prices or something. Haha. Cool that you have your go to places though.

djmunster

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
only premium i do buy is mothers milk ,i still cant find a place out there thats close enough in flavor with a cheaper price

dodyhearts

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I try to be a bargain shopper hard to do sometimes lol

Sent From The BatCave

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
OK guys looks like the cut off for the kbox contest will be Monday when Obsidian receives the box we currently have 3 people entered I figured more would enter and we have 2 days left I will accept your entries until obsidian has the box

Sent from my LabRatory

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How about something like this?
vu1.gif
Obviously that's too big...
MHe2aJ5.gif

I was trying to make it so the vapor animated and then put the text in it, but I forget how to do shit like that anymore, nor do I have the patience. Haha

Last edited:

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
How about something like this?
View attachment 21861
Obviously that's too big...
MHe2aJ5.gif

I was trying to make it so the vapor animated and then put the text in it, but I forget how to do shit like that anymore, nor do I have the patience. Haha
Yup exactly like that... So is that your submission? I'll add it to the others

Sent from my LabRatory

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup exactly like that... So is that your submission? I'll add it to the others

Sent from my LabRatory
Nah, don't submit it yet..first I have to get permission from @VaporJoes to see if I can even use that. If he okays it, I'll do some more work on it.

So @VaporJoes would you mind if I made an image like this to be utilized in the signature of PIF BOX 6 members?
MHe2aJ5.gif

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nah, don't submit it yet..first I have to get permission from @VaporJoes to see if I can even use that. If he okays it, I'll do some more work on it.

So @VaporJoes would you mind if I made an image like this to be utilized in the signature of PIF BOX 6 members?
MHe2aJ5.gif
I think @VaporJoe should say yes!!!!!

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think @VaporJoe should say yes!!!!!

I agree not like youre using it to make a profit plus its used in his forum I don't see where the issue would be but I guess better to ask permission the forgiveness

Sent from my LabRatory

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree not like youre using it to make a profit plus its used in his forum I don't see where the issue would be but I guess better to ask permission the forgiveness

Sent from my LabRatory
Well I tagged him but got no response. I also tried to PM him, but I can't, the PM system says I don't have permission to send a PM to him. I sent a PM to Tyger to see if she could run it by him, but also got no response there. I guess I'm going to go ahead and fix it up pretty and then submit it to the contest. I guess I can't be a judge anymore if I make a submission...oh well.

VU Sponsors