Become a Patron!

PIF BOX #6 -- Active -- List Full

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I get better wicking with rebuilding the stock coils vs the rba deck , I think I have to open up the juice channels on the the rba deck, tons of dry hits , I never get a dry hit with rebuilt stock coils

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
I drilled the holes into the sleeve on the rba deck so you can wick straight through like the stock coils

Sent from my LabRatory

bkind

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The problem I get with rebuilding the stock coils heads is flooding. Then I try and put more cotton in there then its dry hit city! Any thoughts on how to find that middle ground?

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The problem I get with rebuilding the stock coils heads is flooding. Then I try and put more cotton in there then its dry hit city! Any thoughts on how to find that middle ground?
Use rayon it wicks faster and is less likely to burn but you have to make it tightly packed at the feed holes and spread it out leaving a mm of wick hanging out the holes instead of flush

Sent from my LabRatory

djmunster

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i find is i use a little cotton and a lot less then if you were building on a kafun or the like and trim it really close to the holes then spread the cotton so its flat against the holes
for me this works very well with no dry hits or leaking or flooding

djmunster

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Use rayon it wicks faster and is less likely to burn but you have to make it tightly packed at the feed holes and spread it out leaving a mm of wick hanging out the holes instead of flush

Sent from my LabRatory
i never did try rayon ,is there any special one or type to buy

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i find is i use a little cotton and a lot less then if you were building on a kafun or the like and trim it really close to the holes then spread the cotton so its flat against the holes
Yea if you use cotton use less cotton sweels up when saturated rayon will shrink when saturated so just the opposite

Sent from my LabRatory

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i never did try rayon ,is there any special one or type to buy
Go to Sally's beauty supply and they have a few options but what your looking for is the one that says 100% rayon you can get a 500ft box for 10.99$ that's like a lifetime supply

Now when you get it and go to use it I suggest having freshly cleaned hands or wear glove cause rayon will grab the oil from your hand and vaping hand sweat doesn't taste good... But run a few cycles through rayon about 5 ml before you judge it cause its very different then cotton but you will find it has a clean taste compared to cotton you don't know cotton has a taste to it till you use tasteless wicks

Sent from my LabRatory

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Isn't rayon highly sensitive to shrinkage from heat?
That's why you use more then cotton but the shrinkage isn't as bad as some make it out to be but it is a learning curve and worth it in the end

Sent from my LabRatory

bkind

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Sent from my LabRatory

Thanks for the response fellas I'll give it a try tonight I have some laying around and its time for a juice change!

Navymr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got 5 different types of wick and rayon is my goto. Don't know why. Prob due to zero taste and extremely fast wicking. It holds a ton of juice too.

Navymr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been told there is 2 types of rayon at Sally's which they call cellucotton. One is natural and good and the other is synthetic or treated or something. Don't remember off the top of my head though.

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been told there is 2 types of rayon at Sally's which they call cellucotton. One is natural and good and the other is synthetic or treated or something. Don't remember off the top of my head though.
Yeah that's why you get the one that says 100% rayon the other one says like cellublend or something like that

Sent from my LabRatory

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just for reference
40919d1a197295bc8a6ff849e33bd3b4.jpg
061abaa4a49c7f1224b805ddf444fbd5.jpg
832641904f63799682dc4e6941bac669.jpg

Sent from my LabRatory

djmunster

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
question can i dry burn a subtank coil with no wick and juice so i can clean the coils or will i burn the rubber gromets

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
question can i dry burn a subtank coil with no wick and juice so i can clean the coils or will i burn the rubber gromets
Dont dry burn them they well degrade if not burn is rubber grommet if you want to save the coil remove it and use a torch to clean and heat it wait for it to cool then reinstall

Sent from my LabRatory

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would of stenciled the words but I love the fact you did a hand drawn sketech so I wanted to memic that rough look when I customized it for you

Sent from my LabRatory
It looks good!! You must have read my mind because I was going to ask you about it.

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh stop dude it's legit at all get lol I've seen it in person and Its awesome bro \m/

Roses are red, Violets are blue,
Rhyming is hard, I'm Batman

Sent from the Batcave
The day an artist admits he's good is they day he becomes washed up art is forever changing and you should always push to get better otherwise you become complacent and never improve

Sent from my LabRatory

dodyhearts

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The day an artist admits he's good is they day he becomes washed up art is forever changing and you should always push to get better otherwise you become complacent and never improve

Sent from my LabRatory
I do agree with you there but an artist can also appreciate the hard work gone into his work because he took the time and effort to make a creation a thought in his mind into reality I hate some of the songs I write but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the work I've done to them as well to get them where they are at now lol

Sent from the Batcave

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I do agree with you there but an artist can also appreciate the hard work gone into his work because he took the time and effort to make a creation a thought in his mind into reality I hate some of the songs I write but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the work I've done to them as well to get them where they are at now lol

Sent from the Batcave
Exactly I appreciate the piece... I just don't like it... Might be cause its not my taste and lacking about 400 skulls on it maybe a few devil horns lol

Sent from my LabRatory

dodyhearts

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Exactly I appreciate the piece... I just don't like it... Might be cause its not my taste and lacking about 400 skulls on it maybe a few devil horns lol

Sent from my LabRatory
I'll agree with you on that \m/

Sent from the Batcave

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Sent from my LabRatory
very true.

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Sent from my LabRatory
But just cuz you like skulls, doesn't mean everything you make has to have skulls.....

Sent from my Momabear headquarters...

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't mind skulls. It would have been ok. I should have say artists liberty to do what ever you want. 80's skulls

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
All I can say is wow... I never realized people could be so inconsiderate when someone is trying to do something nice for them.

1. I was told by Mamabear that the 1st person that got the box took everything and then shipped it off with juice leaking all over what was left.
2. After hearing that I started collecting things to make the box good again when it got to me.
3. It arrives and I'm getting it all together all while not knowing you are supposed to send it out in 2 days.
4. Get text from Admin. No biggie, that's when I find out the 2 day thing. To this point things are fine.
5. Admin shares my phone number with 2 others in the group, not cool. Receive texts from them.
6. Mamabear calls my shop and threatens to post bad things about our shop if it isn't sent out.

I was about to ship the box out that night. Then I get a call from my co worker telling me that had happened. So I shelved the box. I first removed everything I added (mind you I took nothing). Then I decided that's not fair for the rest of you who had no part in this. So I added back what is in the pic. But I'm going to give the Provari and the rest of the authentics to local guys.

fd77f37cd0d12610ce2b406da869b7ac.jpg

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow,,,just wow. i had no idea any of this was happening. Thank you for adding to the box and helping it along the way. :oops:

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Everyone just needs to remember that this is for fun. But I'm definitely done with the box. Good luck everyone

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
All I can say is wow... I never realized people could be so inconsiderate when someone is trying to do something nice for them.

1. I was told by Mamabear that the 1st person that got the box took everything and then shipped it off with juice leaking all over what was left.
2. After hearing that I started collecting things to make the box good again when it got to me.
3. It arrives and I'm getting it all together all while not knowing you are supposed to send it out in 2 days.
4. Get text from Admin. No biggie, that's when I find out the 2 day thing. To this point things are fine.
5. Admin shares my phone number with 2 others in the group, not cool. Receive texts from them.
6. Mamabear calls my shop and threatens to post bad things about our shop if it isn't sent out.

I was about to ship the box out that night. Then I get a call from my co worker telling me that had happened. So I shelved the box. I first removed everything I added (mind you I took nothing). Then I decided that's not fair for the rest of you who had no part in this. So I added back what is in the pic. But I'm going to give the Provari and the rest of the authentics to local guys.

fd77f37cd0d12610ce2b406da869b7ac.jpg

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Inconsiderate huh you mean like holding onto a box for nearly 3-4 weeks and not responding with any update what so ever making other members think the box has been hijacked not even coming in and stating what youre trying to do so they dont worry.... but were inconsiderate for trying to locate the box of donations to get it moving again yeah

1.he took alot of stuff and left in in shambles but not by any means did he take everything this isnt a box of top notch gear or anything its a bunch of stuff others dont need that some people might need cause they havent advanced to that point in gear yet so what is "Garbage" as you so called it in a message is not that bad to others but how are they to know when you have to box for 3-4 weeks

2.while i appreciate you trying to make the box better its not your sole responsibility to make it right add what you can and send it along to the next person besides you hear about it on 5/15 when bguading got it and you received it 6/8 and it is now 6/25 thats 40 days you had to amass items to add in... you had time

3.read the rules its stated and was executed 6 times prior to you getting the box it should have been evident by then how it worked

4. he messaged you back on the 18th and told you about the two days so now you know its 2 days but 20th comes and still no shipping so no things arent fine to that point

5.admin ... im the only admin on this box RZA is the creator and leader he appointed me as admin cause he trusted me and he gave me a list of contacts incase his health takes a turn for the worse that i could continue the box and i promised him to to tell anyone the number or address cause im not that kinda guy i respect privacy... that being said i never even looked at the list until this issue popped up and RZA couldnt get you to respond he asked if i would try and contact you cause he was tired and spent to much time dealing with the situation to to relieve stress off of him i told him i would ... and i sent you a very polite text requesting an update on your status that you very "considerately" never responded to yet obviously read hence your rant here, as far as momabear getting your number i remember her telling about an incident at "Your Shop" with some nicotine being sold for some ridiculously low price and that you called her on your cell phone to talk to her a good bit while yall fixed that problem and yall have texted back and forth.... ever heard of caller id .... you gave her your own number and she got the shops number from the site that you posted

6.she called your shop because you wouldnt answer the leader of the box you wouldnt answer the admin so yeah she stood up and made a call and asked for the "owner" and your name and the guy at the counter didnt even know who you were it wasnt until we got ahold of jamie and explained to her what happened and told her we didnt want that shop to receive bad reviews cause of the acts of one person cause if people started in on you that shop would receive backlash as well

at this point we dont care if you add anything to the box you have had it for exactly 17days in hand its not fair to keep the box hostage from all the other members of this box 3-4 people have missed out because of the delay all we want is the box to move along man

and i hope you dont read this as if im chewing your ass cause im not you wanted to throw all this out in the open so im letting everyone in 6.0 see what the other side has delt with so they can see both sides of the story and make their own opinion on the situation im being as "considerate" as possible give the 17 days of drama i have endured having to answer all the questions with out any real answers to give them

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
and on that note i would like to mention to further recipients of the box "Communication is key" no matter what happens Communicate as RZA stated

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
3 week delay, lovely.
Looks like it wont reach me by the 7th, so I'm going to have to withdraw my name from the list.
Starting a new job as a truck driver, so wont really be home at any type of predictable schedule.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
3 week delay, lovely.
Looks like it wont reach me by the 7th, so I'm going to have to withdraw my name from the list.
Starting a new job as a truck driver, so wont really be home at any type of predictable schedule.
Congrats on the new job! Sorry you can't do the box though.
Is @RZAwora ok? I haven't seen you post in awhile. I hope all is well.

VU Sponsors