Become a Patron!

Post pictures of your setups!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yup, love it. The Clapton's are still going strong too.
My firend gave back a Twisted Messes RDA and Castigador I let him borrow the last few months...the build in the TM RDA has been going strong for almost a full year (Built May 3rd I believe)...Ill take the updated shot tomorrow but this is the exact build...
The first pic was first posted the day it was built and then the more recent pic was from August...
22K 46N60 .jpg 22K 46N60 Old.jpg

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a long time. I just rinse and dry burn whenever I they get a little gunky but it they really don't get all that gunky to begin with. I think I'll have mine for a while.

How's building / wicking on the Twisted Messes compare to the Mutation?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's a long time. I just rinse and dry burn whenever I they get a little gunky but it they really don't get all that gunky to begin with. I think I'll have mine for a while.

How's building / wicking on the Twisted Messes compare to the Mutation?
Its about the same...more room underneath the coils for juice and wicking but its a solid RDA...Im not a fan of bottom airflow and side airflow...I like one or the other. I feel the Twisted Messes RDA has the perfect amount of airflow and was my first building RDA's...Here's my first and first build I put in it..
The Twisted Messes Square is a upgrade in every manner and worth every penny...I hope the clone is atleast half as decent. If so Ill buy 5!

Twisted Messes Portrait.jpg

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very nice... That's the one I was considering but they are tough to find. I really like the duel / side airflow but would be fine with one or the other. Maybe I'll wait on the clone and try one of those before I shell out for the authentic.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Very nice... That's the one I was considering but they are tough to find. I really like the duel / side airflow but would be fine with one or the other. Maybe I'll wait on the clone and try one of those before I shell out for the authentic.
The Stro Mini V2 has dual airflow and uses the Velocity post design...I love the V1 as its just side airflow but the V2 had dual...

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was tagged on IG a few times for this image I think this suits some folks on here as well as I :D

3506f2814ee47b46dc74d139bd91c9ce.png
Hey, that's me!

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And I thought you had nice mods Ray?

;)o_O

I see a tri equis not a Dos Equis. That is authentic? Nice.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
And I thought you had nice mods Ray?

;)o_O

I see a tri equis not a Dos Equis. That is authentic? Nice.
Yea the Dos Equis I currently havce isnt authentic...I sold my V1 Authentic awhile ago...thats why its not up there. I really forgot where I placed the Lethal Box...Ill have to dig through the boxes to see where its hiding..
YOU DONT LIKE MY MODS????:mad::mad::mad::mad: :D

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How do you like the Petri? Is it worth the $100 buy in? Ive been wrestling around with getting one, but I dont know if $100 is worth an RDA when theres so many good RDAs available for a fraction of that.
I've had my V1 for about a year and a half, and my V1.5 for about 4 months. Its been one of my favorite drippers ever. Building is easy and flavor is outstanding. Two thumbs up for sure

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think yopu should trade me that ugly Lucifer for my Snow Wolf and Swoop Ray ... see my trade thread. I just want to be helpful ...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think yopu should trade me that ugly Lucifer for my Snow Wolf and Swoop Ray ... see my trade thread. I just want to be helpful ...
Ive had a few Snow Wolves...I still have the Laisimo L1 (Basically a Updatable Snow Wolf with Custom Screens)...pick up a clone for now...I heard the only real difference in the contacts arent silver plated. I may try converting it to parallel tomorrow...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I love the Alleria...Cant beat checking your wicking and coils on the fly...no more wondering how and what to diagnose...
I found my old Authentic V3 Flip diggin through old gear...I forgot all about this damn thing...for a SS Tube this thing hits!!!

In the Alleria is the Smallest Framed Staple Ive ever done...Its 3 x .3 Ribbon/28N80/40N80 (7 Wraps/2.5mm ID @ .18 Ohms)

20160403_223451.jpg 20160403_223357.jpg

and we all need Batteries...All these are just my 25R's...

20160403_215159(0).jpg 20160403_215159.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hank? Is there some reference I'm missing or are people calling me Hank behind my back now? Sure beats asshole.
LOL O WOW your avatar looks and reminds me of Hank Spankmans...I thought it was his avatar! Sorry skt....offer stand either way:shades::giggle:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL O WOW your avatar looks and reminds me of Hank Spankmans...I thought it was his avatar! Sorry skt....offer stand either way:shades::giggle:
Ha!

We were up that way so my wife could see a stupid band she like. 5 hours drive to see some band... Yeah she really likes them. However, we do visit east Hardwick in Vermont annually, maybe we will swing by on the way ... Ill bring the guns, ammo and juice, you wrap the coils ;)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ha!

We were up that way so my wife could see a stupid band she like. 5 hours drive to see some band... Yeah she really likes them. However, we do visit east Hardwick in Vermont annually, maybe we will swing by on the way ... Ill bring the guns, ammo and juice, you wrap the coils ;)
I think I have enough guns for most of the forum if they stopped by :shades: but sounds good to me! I might let you touch the Kimber :giggle:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Wife needed a new vape and a good friend sent me this ...

EeTm2hB.jpg

This is in 18350 mode ... it can use 18650 ... telkescopic but looks nicer for an MTL this way.
I should break that V3Flip down to 350 mode and make a build that is around .8 Ohms and try it MTL....I just need to find something that can MTL lol

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You really like it Ray? Did not think it was your style, lol. "Course it is a mech.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You really like it Ray? Did not think it was your style, lol. "Course it is a mech.
Ive had a ton of Tubes...there just something about them that I like...maybe its that they dont need anything else and when cleaned and ready they perform fabolously...Hell Ive done my fair share of dangerous tube vaping but lately I have been using that flip and Alleria and its gotten me to think about making it a fulltime mod in the rotation...I may reach out and snag another tube...one with less line though ;)

I like how that Tube has cuts and bling :bliss:

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've had many a tube myself but i hate the battery life on the single 18650 and how I'm forced to build ... always around a .3 or so. Now for the wife it is a .9 with an 18650 and that's okay for her. She does not chain vape. When I use the slug it heats up the atty like nobody's business and my bats last an hour and half/two hours maximum. I do chain vape.

And yes, i used to vape dangerously on tubes until I had my one mishap which we will not go into. I'm much more careful these days, ...

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My very first mod was a tube. Loved it. Was "young and dumb" in respect to vaping though and I'm just lucky I never blew my face off.

Never liked that I had to switch out batteries every other hour with the tubes, or that the two tubes I had both got hot button. I need to dig my simpl out...

Matt

deviantplatypus

Member For 4 Years
Looks sharp. Love the V2, are you using the .2 SS coil of the .4 kanthal ?
.4 kanthal at the moment. I'm a temp control fan and can't wait to try the 0.2 ss but the kanthal is performing great. I haven't tried the ss coil yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nice Reo! I love the Color Theme...Should wire up a Green LED for the Bottle.
that's a killer idea! I may have to do that!!
its on its wayback to reo for him to convert it to a low profile reo.
and I'm on the hunt for a good 22mm bf atty. --- those things are unicorns bro!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
that's a killer idea! I may have to do that!!
its on its wayback to reo for him to convert it to a low profile reo.
and I'm on the hunt for a good 22mm bf atty. --- those things are unicorns bro!
I would buy the Velocity BF Pin and throw it on a Stro Mini V1 or a Baal V3....would be a great setup....I cant find a nice Parallel Squonkers with no limits on resistance...under $200

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I would buy the Velocity BF Pin and throw it on a Stro Mini V1 or a Baal V3....would be a great setup....I cant find a nice Parallel Squonkers with no limits on resistance...under $200
i considered that, problem is the one battery box. it would run much more efficiently; and hit better, with a single coil rather than with a dual.

VU Sponsors