Become a Patron!

Post your builds

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like how they say its $18 down from $50 even though everyone is selling them for $20. It kinda reminds me of how gearbest just makes up random prices to discount from

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
So true, figured anything less than $20 is a deal for one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So true, figured anything less than $20 is a deal for one.

Very true. Im thinking about picking up another one, the button broke on mine so im in the process of seeing how to go about getting a replacement (hopefully free of charge). Wismec cs responded to my email the next day although they just asked what country im in...

Edit for picture of sadness:
412df2b3fcd777fd320ebc6d982e8107.jpg

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very true. Im thinking about picking up another one, the button broke on mine so im in the process of seeing how to go about getting a replacement (hopefully free of charge). Wismec cs responded to my email the next day although they just asked what country im in...

I have wanted one, I just don't know if I need one. Ha-ha I have my lavabox and g2... Just don't know if the NC will do something different for me. I've never used mech mods. Don't know how they are to vape on. I just know they are full bore power and awesome.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

You can buy a new button for around $6...

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Im not going to bother posting my fleet of Compvape RDA's and clones...;) You got the Mini Messes too? I just need another El Cabron Clone and Im set for 1 Authentic and 2 Clones of each.
I as just looking at that I don't usually do mins but I think I'll make an exception for this one. My other stand has all my el carbons anything compvape I'm a big fan of. I have about 20 of the compvape's RDAs. I'm loving the black TM I ant to order the pink AFC ring for it.

Sent from the iPad in the basement of vapement

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Are you running that in VW or TC? Everyone told me not to mix wires but I have some high gauge SS 316L I have 37g but it is small

Sent from the iPad in the basement of vapement
Ive ran it in Tc with good results but I like it in power mode...its a great coil with pretty decent wicking properties so you really dont need the tc for it. TC works with mixed wires, just most mods arent the Hohm Wrecker and their they use tcr only for tc...that may give them the choppy results.

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive ran it in Tc with good results but I like it in power mode...its a great coil with pretty decent wicking properties so you really dont need the tc for it. TC works with mixed wires, just most mods arent the Hohm Wrecker and their they use tcr only for tc...that may give them the choppy results.
Are the g2's tc options more versatile than the dna board? Itchin to grab that reauleaux but if the hohm wrecker beats it for tc i may take a closer look at it

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Are the g2's tc options more versatile than the dna board? Itchin to grab that reauleaux but if the hohm wrecker beats it for tc i may take a closer look at it

No dna200 here but it doesnt need escribe, can edit TCR and has TC for everything from Kanthal to Gold...its its 151w feels stronger thenbany 200w mod I own. You should watch some reviews on it to see the menu but most of the popular youtubers like Pbusardo seemed to not know how to set it up...I posted my tut in the G2 thread ànd many seem to have had great results with it after...

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My first set of fused claptons via swivel.
2x 26g Ka1/38g Kd /8 Wraps /2.4 ID/ .26ohm on the Diablo

Pre-Pulse
896afa5e35ac2743aa62b94e55dd1ae7.jpg

5d538e5d556e80a1ed940787bb79c7c5.jpg

Pulsed
32b639f75be99f8253b93c16702048c9.jpg

f04f64638a417ac7130203e4fb89014a.jpg

Wicked
91d42364ecccd57ef1d751b9ff67ca47.jpg

f05f515c1ef663832e8fc57023b66256.jpg

One coil got hit with a few inner core twists smh.... Overall I think they look good, and they're definitely hitting like champs

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

C4rlosuk

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No this is an authentic and I dont believe they even make clone VLS caps...

I guess we can take this to a PM. Ill send one in a minute when I get home
Sorry i must of missed the bit about the cap

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah that's $38+ $8 for batteries, $5.99 shipping = $52.. eBay has all 3 for $45... Not that much of a difference but chances are 101vapr won't ship till Monday.... EBay Is a tad more appealing right now, save $7 and have it ship today lol

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Either/or is perfectly fine. I use Samsung 25Rs and LG HB6s. My next buy will be the Sony VTC4s. Shoulda got those instead of the HB6s - much better mAh rating.
Are the vct4's have better amp power than the vct5's? I forget what the difference is between them other than mah

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I found a seller for the noisy cricket on eBay thats like 2 towns over from me... Should be here by Monday :)

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here are the descriptions from Liion:

Genuine Sony US18650VTC4 2100mAh batteries. These are some of the most sought after batteries for those who want some batteries that will handle really high current without breaking a sweat. The problem is there are many counterfeits on the market but you can be sure these VTC 4s are genuine. We've done extensive testing to be sure they're real so you can be confident you've got the real thing.​

Specs:​

• Chemistry: Li-Mn
  • Max Continuous Discharging Current: 30A
  • Typical Capacity: 2100mAh
  • Style: Flat top
  • Dimensions: 65.0mm (L) x 18.2mm (D)
  • Weight: 45g
  • Discharge cut-off voltage: 2.5V
  • Voltage: 3.8V
  • Full Charge Voltage: 4.2V
  • Origin: Japan
  • Alternate names: VTC4, VCT4, VCT 4, VTC 4
Genuine Sony US18650VTC5 2600mAh batteries, also known as the VTC 5. These are a great competitor to the Samsung 25R and are a legendary battery. They've been completely unavailable for the last 6 months at least, but now for a limited time they're available again. These batteries are all fresh stock with manufacturing codes in 2015. The problem is there are many counterfeits on the market but you can be sure these are genuine. We've done extensive testing to be sure they're real so you can be confident you've got the real thing.

Here's some more detail on tests we've done and what to look for in genuine sony vtc5 18650 batteries

Here is the full detailed Sony VTC5 specification

Quick Specs:

• Max Continuous Discharging Current: 30A (with temperature cutoff circuitry at 80 degrees)
  • Max Continuous Discharging Current without temperature cut: 20A
  • Typical Capacity: 2600 mAh (2500 mAh minimum)
  • Weight: 44.3g
  • Recommended Discharge cut-off voltage: 2.0V
  • Voltage: 3.6V
  • Not Protected
  • Origin: Japan/Malaysia
  • Alternate names: VTC5, VCT5, VTC 5, VCT 5

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here are the descriptions from Liion:

Genuine Sony US18650VTC4 2100mAh batteries. These are some of the most sought after batteries for those who want some batteries that will handle really high current without breaking a sweat. The problem is there are many counterfeits on the market but you can be sure these VTC 4s are genuine. We've done extensive testing to be sure they're real so you can be confident you've got the real thing.​

Specs:​

• Max Continuous Discharging Current: 30A
  • Typical Capacity: 2100mAh
  • Weight: 45g
  • Discharge cut-off voltage: 2.5V
  • Voltage: 3.8V
  • Origin: Japan
  • Alternate names: VTC4, VCT4, VCT 4, VTC 4
Genuine Sony US18650VTC5 2600mAh batteries, also known as the VTC 5. These are a great competitor to the Samsung 25R and are a legendary battery. They've been completely unavailable for the last 6 months at least, but now for a limited time they're available again. These batteries are all fresh stock with manufacturing codes in 2015. The problem is there are many counterfeits on the market but you can be sure these are genuine. We've done extensive testing to be sure they're real so you can be confident you've got the real thing.

Here's some more detail on tests we've done and what to look for in genuine sony vtc5 18650 batteries

Here is the full detailed Sony VTC5 specification

Quick Specs:

• Max Continuous Discharging Current: 30A (with temperature cutoff circuitry at 80 degrees)
  • Max Continuous Discharging Current without temperature cut: 20A
  • Typical Capacity: 2600 mAh (2500 mAh minimum)
  • Weight: 44.3g
  • Recommended Discharge cut-off voltage: 2.0V
  • Voltage: 3.6V
  • Not Protected
  • Origin: Japan/Malaysia
  • Alternate names: VTC5, VCT5, VTC 5, VCT 5
This is also where I buy all of my batteries. Got my 25r's and vct5's here

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I pulled the trigger on a purchase from liion. $3 more then the eBay posting but we'll worth it knowing I'm getting the real deal ... Nitecore I2 + 2 Samsung 25r for $26. Not to shabby.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, the whole freakin' forum is being automatically splattered with affiliate links. It's like the entire forum is becoming ad space. I guess Joe needs to pay for the computer for the 1,000,000 post "celebration".

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I decided to show the Griffin a little love and pulled out the fused Claptons I've been vaping on for a week or so and put in some aliens. The size of these aliens is perfect - they slid right in like they were made for each other. It's vaping nicely at 135 watts on the RX200.

EDIT: Please excuse the minor imperfections of the build - I get to use the "scraps" that aren't good enough to be shipped out to customers.

3x26KA1/36N80, 2.5mm ID, 5/6 wraps, 0.13Ω

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Last edited:

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I need to build something new for my Griffin. Went to rewick and my coils are black and clogged up. Nasty looking. Explains why my flavor went way down here the last couple days! Trying to figure out what I will build.

VU Sponsors