Become a Patron!

Post your builds

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Framed Staples on the DV, the other 2 have no builds on them yet...
I used the Velocity on the Noisy Cricket and its rocking some 2 x 28K/40N80 Fused Claptons (9 Wraps/3mm ID @ .43 Ohms?)
DV Build:
View attachment 43027View attachment 43031

Velocity Build:
View attachment 43028 View attachment 43026
Super clean.... My ribbon doesn't come in until Thursday :(

Ok so I got my Noisy Cricket today and I'm waiting for my Griffin and Double Vision (Clone) in the mail (which were supposed to be here today >_<), but I really want to throw something new on the Noisy Cricket....I'm going to my local b&m in a few minutes and I'm buying something. **itch**itch** I have to. I really don't want the TMv1 and I'm really liking all the 2 posts, Double Vision most of all. Has anyone here tried building on the Phenotype-l, or any other new 2 post?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Super clean.... My ribbon doesn't come in until Thursday :(

Ok so I got my Noisy Cricket today and I'm waiting for my Griffin and Double Vision (Clone) in the mail (which were supposed to be here today >_<), but I really want to throw something new on the Noisy Cricket....I'm going to my local b&m in a few minutes and I'm buying something. **itch**itch** I have to. I really don't want the TMv1 and I'm really liking all the 2 posts, Double Vision most of all. Has anyone here tried building on the Phenotype-l, or any other new 2 post?

this is the first build for my Phenotype-L i just got. i'm going to really like working with this deck.....wrap2211.jpg

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
They are changes they should have made before releasing the first one. They just wanted to be first out with the dual post design.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
And they missed the mark on that too haha. The Dominus beat out everyone with a two post design AND bottom-up airflow. The dotmod petri came months after that and still months before the velocity. So yeah, they actually didn't have much of an excuse haha

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How's this guys? I think I need to stretch a bit more? Alien wrap for 3x 26g @raymo2u @CrazyChef
@BrattVapes
be4df4d5625c9a4741d61602fe9939c5.jpg

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And they missed the mark on that too haha. The Dominus beat out everyone with a two post design AND bottom-up airflow. The dotmod petri came months after that and still months before the velocity. So yeah, they actually didn't have much of an excuse haha
Reminds me a lot like Microsoft's business plan.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I used that last build (.3 Ohm on Freakshow Pics) on the NC...I used HB6's to be safe but I dont think Ill be doing that again :D Half second draw is about the same as a 5 second draw with the Velocity Build I had on the Cricket before it...Insanity!

Last edited:

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Not bad. You may need a bit more stretch. But... You can use it as-is, but put a bit of tension on it as you wrap. That will allow it to stretch a bit more as you wrap it.
I did a few wraps and they seem to be making the core wires "triangle". I think I gotta stretch them... I'll lyk how it goes after

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Not bad. You may need a bit more stretch. But... You can use it as-is, but put a bit of tension on it as you wrap. That will allow it to stretch a bit more as you wrap it.
So I stretched them a bit more and boom, they started snapping into place! 1inch of aliens later....the cores "triangled" again.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So... I did something...

You guys know ultimate vape deals?

For some reason they send me emails. Well. They sent me one about a DotMod Petri V2. . . .

The offer is a Petri V2 in black, they throw in a DotMod Friction Fit Drip Tip of my color preference and a bottle of ejuice all for $90.

I figured, well, here goes nothing.

Now that I pulled the trigger I have all sorts of reservations about it... I've never done business with them before and I just hope they live up to everything they claim.... If not I put it on a credit card so I can flag fraud if needed...

Eep...

If it works out though I'll have a Petri!!!

Matt

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So... I did something...

You guys know ultimate vape deals?

For some reason they send me emails. Well. They sent me one about a DotMod Petri V2. . . .

The offer is a Petri V2 in black, they throw in a DotMod Friction Fit Drip Tip of my color preference and a bottle of ejuice all for $90.

I figured, well, here goes nothing.

Now that I pulled the trigger I have all sorts of reservations about it... I've never done business with them before and I just hope they live up to everything they claim.... If not I put it on a credit card so I can flag fraud if needed...

Eep...

If it works out though I'll have a Petri!!!

Matt
Ill be right back to mirror a site and add some fun clickables and then send you the link, if you choose to pay for any products with your credit card and make a account with your personal details all items in stock are free! ;):p

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ill be right back to mirror a site and add some fun clickables and then send you the link, if you choose to pay for any products with your credit card and make a account with your personal details all items in stock are free! ;):p
You're scaring me. Seriously.... What did I just do?

Matt

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Look great man!

Matt
Thanks buddy... I finally got the Claptons down (thanks to finally getting some swivels)... Just trying to work on the aliens.. I was going to give it another go tonight but I'm half asleep so I just wrapped these fused clappys so I had something tonight for the Double Vision/ Noisy Cricket.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Would it work in the fuchai?

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-
It would you'd just have to put it in the Ti mode and go 80 degrees cooler than you desired vape and it'll work in any mod that has a Ti setting. I saw that you wanted 200ft PM me

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I woke up, put some fresh batteries in my noisy cricket.... Now it's not firing. Batteries are fine, everything working on other mods. I don't get it -_-

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First build foe the Double Vision/Noisy Cricket :)
Dual Fused Clappys
2x 28g Ka1 / 38g Kd - 3mm ID - 11 wraps - .65 ohm - stuffed with cotton bacon

0e827e4736e26a14680d543b7b3a9ebf.jpg

1d590a064fc6d2dfc08c302456eae86d.jpg

Thats my exact setup! But i went 7 wraps, i think its at .4. Even using the same afc ring too

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I woke up, put some fresh batteries in my noisy cricket.... Now it's not firing. Batteries are fine, everything working on other mods. I don't get it -_-

Check the threads on the mod body and make sure theyre not all gunked up

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's brand new, I didn't even have it for 24 hours

Start with the fire button and screw it down finger tight. Then Take your positive plate and screw it all the way onto your atomizer. Then screw that on to the mod body. That's how I put mine together and it fires right

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Start with the fire button and screw it down finger tight. Then Take your positive plate and screw it all the way onto your atomizer. Then screw that on to the mod body. That's how I put mine together and it fires right

Didn't work.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Didn't work.

Try cleaning the contacts and checking the springs? After that if it's not working grab something that you can mark your contacts with that will transfer easily (I'm not sure if chalk will stick well enough) then put it together, maybe a slip of paper for cleanliness on the battery ends, and put it together to see where it is and isn't making contact so you know what needs some adjusting. This is the problem with mechs is that they do need regular maintenance.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Try cleaning the contacts and checking the springs? After that if it's not working grab something that you can mark your contacts with that will transfer easily (I'm not sure if chalk will stick well enough) then put it together, maybe a slip of paper for cleanliness on the battery ends, and put it together to see where it is and isn't making contact so you know what needs some adjusting. This is the problem with mechs is that they do need regular maintenance.
Smh.... 18hrs old shouldn't need any damn maintaince

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Smh.... 18hrs old shouldn't need any damn maintaince

It's mass produced machinery, flaws are to be expected. It may have passed QA as working but after some use the connections are .1mm off causing an issue. If you can't figure it out I'd contact who you bought it from though as yes that shouldn't happen, but just saying it shouldn't surprise you and always best to be ready to fix those things.

Gear101

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you change the email Addy you can get more than one bottle, all ship in different boxes. I got three before it ran out, then wait acouplease days and they will add more to the code and it will work again. Cheers

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
This is why I love the TM² :D It can fit almost anything in it with ease and I love seeing my build in the AFC.
I was shooting for a super subohm build for a Mech Box and I think I over did it...I need to find a Lethal/HOG V1 for sale or trade for one...If I did one more wrap on each I think it would be where I wanted it but I guess I do it again and make enough for 6 Wraps on each...
4 x 24N80/38N80 Flat Tracks (5 Wraps/3mm ID @ .05 Ohms)
Wire Shots:
20160308_100059.jpg 20160308_100047.jpg

Finished..
20160308_104749.jpg 20160308_104818(0).jpg 20160308_104950.jpg 20160308_105123.jpg
This is a 2 x 24K/40N80 Fused Clapton for Comparison...Surface Area anyone??
20160308_104717.jpg

Last edited:

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Idk why but it's working with my MXJOs, but not my VTC5s.... The weird thing is that I was using the VTC5s all night and it was fine, but now they won't work ....

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Idk why but it's working with my MXJOs, but not my VTC5s.... The weird thing is that I was using the VTC5s all night and it was fine, but now they won't work ....

That is odd. I have issues with my NC not firing all the time on pressing the fire button but it works with all my 25R's

Matt

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

What are the heights of each? Could they be slightly different so the MXJO is making a connection where the VTC's aren't? I don't have a NC so I'm not sure exactly how it works but sounds like a compressed spring that's not springing back correctly.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My Cricket with 25R's only fires when pressed on the sides for the button...try ever point on the button as that may solve your issue

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What are the heights of each? Could they be slightly different so the MXJO is making a connection where the VTC's aren't? I don't have a NC so I'm not sure exactly how it works but sounds like a compressed spring that's not springing back correctly.
I'm not 100% sure the heights but I don't understand why it worked all night and for my few wake up morning tokes and then nothing... So if anything it SHOULD be the opposite, don't working mx not working

VU Sponsors