Become a Patron!

Post your builds

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not 100% sure the heights but I don't understand why it worked all night and for my few wake up morning tokes and then nothing... So if anything it SHOULD be the opposite, don't working mx not working

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
If it's springs sometimes they compress and lose their shape not springing back to the same length. Again not sure how the NC is designed in detail but maybe you can pull one of the springs a bit to fix it. It's something that will happen eventually to everything, but like I said before maybe it was right at the minimum length it needed to be when you got it, therefor passing QA, but after compressing it over and over last night it lost a fraction of a mm in length breaking the connection. Again though not sure how the NC is designed in detail not having one, coming at this more as a general mech troubleshooting idea.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@raymo2u I'm in love with the Double Vision... I ended up grabbing the authentic last night , which actually worked out because the eBay seller for the clone I ordered refunded my money for the tracking never updating passed preshipment info received... Hopefully the clone still comes :)...

Anyways... This thing really Is amazing. The way the coils sit perfect after installing is mint... Theres no pesky extra 2 post in the middle blocking the drips of juice to going straight in the middle. I'm just really ecstatic over it...

If anyone doesn't have one, I highly recommend... The only thing I found wrong with it...no 510 drip tip adapter, but hey, no big deal in reguards to performance. But this truly is a great rda to build on.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@raymo2u I'm in love with the Double Vision... I ended up grabbing the authentic last night , which actually worked out because the eBay seller for the clone I ordered refunded my money for the tracking never updating passed preshipment info received... Hopefully the clone still comes :)...

Anyways... This thing really Is amazing. The way the coils sit perfect after installing is mint... Theres no pesky extra 2 post in the middle blocking the drips of juice to going straight in the middle. I'm just really ecstatic over it...

If anyone doesn't have one, I highly recommend... The only thing I found wrong with it...no 510 drip tip adapter, but hey, no big deal in reguards to performance. But this truly is a great rda to build on.

Awesome glad you like it. Can't wait to see you throw some aliens in it!

Matt

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
After playing with the Laisimo and Snow Wolf trying to fire the build...It did fire but it would go into Temp mode for whatever reason, I tossed it on the Hohm Wrecker G2. Its supposed to fire down to .007 Ohms which I forgot about and tossed the TM² on it and set it to 120w. It gave me a Wattage Limitation message and it kept doing to until I went down to 95w. Its fires the build and its a nice warm vape but if it was maybe 20w more it would be amazing...I need a Lethal or HOG box....
Some Pics:
20160308_114411.jpg20160308_115704.jpg20160308_114942.jpg 20160308_114625.jpg20160308_114935.jpg

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

The clone comes with the Drip tip adapter, the Authentic comes with a extra Deck..These are the bonuses of each..Im glad you like it, its one of my favorite RDA's

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The clone comes with the Drip tip adapter, the Authentic comes with a extra Deck..These are the bonuses of each..Im glad you like it, its one of my favorite RDA's
I'm actually talking to someone over at compvape... They actually might be sending me an adaptor :)

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
12 Gauge, with the 3 inch Varmint Rounds ;)

When are they takin it 3.5" magnum?1
This is why I love the TM² :D It can fit almost anything in it with ease and I love seeing my build in the AFC.
I was shooting for a super subohm build for a Mech Box and I think I over did it...I need to find a Lethal/HOG V1 for sale or trade for one...If I did one more wrap on each I think it would be where I wanted it but I guess I do it again and make enough for 6 Wraps on each...
4 x 24N80/38N80 Flat Tracks (5 Wraps/3mm ID @ .05 Ohms)
Wire Shots:
View attachment 43119 View attachment 43118

Finished..
View attachment 43124 View attachment 43122 View attachment 43123 View attachment 43125
This is a 2 x 24K/40N80 Fused Clapton for Comparison...Surface Area anyone??
View attachment 43126

I like the use of the metal smash tab. Are those the actual compression tabs or is that just some soft metal that you mashed with some pliers?

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Cricket with 25R's only fires when pressed on the sides for the button...try ever point on the button as that may solve your issue
Had the same problem. I backed the connector pin out about a half turn from where it screws into the button and it works a lot better

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Had the same problem. I backed the connector pin out about a half turn from where it screws into the button and it works a lot better

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
Pic?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
When are they takin it 3.5" magnum?1

I like the use of the metal smash tab. Are those the actual compression tabs or is that just some soft metal that you mashed with some pliers?
They are Connectors from Walmart, I use them when trying to keep multiple wires flat and parallel with each other. I use one in the Drill Chuck, one as a slider and one at the Swivel end.
The one that fits into the Chuck I keep normal and crimp the wires into it and then bend them where they show on the other side to keep them locked in, I put the round piece of it into the drill.
The slider I cut the round part off completely and crimp is but only enough to keep them parallel and it needs to still be able to slide with resistance.
The Swivel end it the Connector pictured, I feed the wire through and like the slider I dont crimp it completely so the wire can be pushed if needed to keep everything flat but I do bend the wires over it so they dont pull out when its spinning or when I tug the drill. I fold the round end and have the hook between the flat end and round end.
Its a working system but you need to be sure the wires are secured or it will all pull apart and be a waste of time. The connectors are only $2 in the Car Headlight/Taillight section, there are other crimps and connectors I find useful for wires there also...
20160308_124628.jpg 20160308_124641.jpg

In the Pic It doesnt show the connector in the Drill as I messed up the wires and it pulled out of the crimp, I used a connector further up and crimped them flat and just twisted the wire ends and fed them into the chuck...
20160308_100059.jpg

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Awesome glad you like it. Can't wait to see you throw some aliens in it!

Matt
I can't get the damn core wires to stay parallel.... I hand wrapped about an inch to see if I stretched enough and if the snapped into place and they did...looked perfect. Hit the drill....boom cores all triangle like.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I can't get the damn core wires to stay parallel.... I hand wrapped about an inch to see if I stretched enough and if the snapped into place and they did...looked perfect. Hit the drill....boom cores all triangle like.

I will post some photos when I get home. I'll try to explain it with words first tho...

When I start wrapping my aliens I'll let my wrap get 3-5 wraps on it - they don't have to look like alien wire just wrapped around my core wires so they are bundled up now.

Then I will take my toothless pliers and squeeze down on that portion of wrapped wire so that the core wires are flat.

I know that probably doesn't make any sense right now I'll have to take some photos of what I mean tonight for you...

This is the only photo I have. Where I circled is where I would pinch...

1a6d619b4b8b5380d629ab5af0470b3d.jpg

Matt

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I will post some photos when I get home. I'll try to explain it with words first tho...

When I start wrapping my aliens I'll let my wrap get 3-5 wraps on it - they don't have to look like alien wire just wrapped around my core wires so they are bundled up now.

Then I will take my toothless pliers and squeeze down on that portion of wrapped wire so that the core wires are flat.

I know that probably doesn't make any sense right now I'll have to take some photos of what I mean tonight for you...

This is the only photo I have. Where I circled is where I would pinch...

1a6d619b4b8b5380d629ab5af0470b3d.jpg

Matt
I understand I think. Your saying where those wraps go, pinch with the pliers so that the become parallel. Correct?

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I understand I think. Your saying where those wraps go, pinch with the pliers so that the become parallel. Correct?

Yes and then they seem to stay parallel the entire way after that. It may take a couple stops and pinches at the beginning of your wire to get it started right but once u do u don't have to stop and pinch again.

Also u want to make sure you have good flat pinch at the swivels
007d8022556f6e8211796eadee79469f.jpg

Matt

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thats a Cad image, thats not the actual RTA...You wouldnt be able to tell if it was Authentic or now this way
Cad?
I didn't mean if this particular one was Authentic. I just never saw it with that logo and that deck

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, that's the CAD image, an artists rendering (done on a computer) used for designing. Essentially, it's just a rough sketch of the product. Similar to blueprints for a house.
Ohhh. Sheeeiyt, I think the "cad' looks better then the finished product :)

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yes and then they seem to stay parallel the entire way after that. It may take a couple stops and pinches at the beginning of your wire to get it started right but once u do u don't have to stop and pinch again.

Also u want to make sure you have good flat pinch at the swivels
007d8022556f6e8211796eadee79469f.jpg

Matt
the core wires triangled up a bit but I got the wraps going... I think the next try I'm going to be able to do it....
48dd7c1b32cb36a68f5281241b163e66.jpg

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Fantastic. Make sure that wire is stretched enough, you'll get it!!!

Matt

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks for that pinching tip... I can actually see these working now.... Before I couldn't get passed an inch b4 cores were all messed up... Thank god I got 2000' of 38g or id be crying about how much wire I wasted lol

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for that pinching tip... I can actually see these working now.... Before I couldn't get passed an inch b4 cores were all messed up... Thank god I got 2000' of 38g or id be crying about how much wire I wasted lol

I think it was said by T.Kohl on IG "it isn't wasted wire, it's progress"

No problem bro aliens were the biggest concept I've tackled to date and I know the guys on this forum really helped make it happen... They are HARD to knock down at first bro so anything I can do to help!

Matt

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think it was said by T.Kohl on IG "it isn't wasted wire, it's progress"

No problem bro aliens were the biggest concept I've tackled to date and I know the guys on this forum really helped make it happen... They are HARD to knock down at first bro so anything I can do to help!

Matt
You know what it is? I'm an "in general fast learner"... So when I don't get out by the 2nd try im like wtf ...... But yeah, it's definitely progression.. 3 weeks ago I couldn't even do a Clapton (4 weeks ago I didn't even know what a Clapton was lol)

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Then you my friend are cooking through this! You'll get it down today then!

Matt

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I still need to check out the Kevin Smith Green Arrow comic.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After my last disaster with ribbon wire I bought some swivels, how big is too big? I was thinking about size 5's but ended up with some wimpy little 4's. Also picked up some rather pricy nylon tipped pliers which hopefully keeps me from marring the 40g I've been working with.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
After my last disaster with ribbon wire I bought some swivels, how big is too big? I was thinking about size 5's but ended up with some wimpy little 4's. Also picked up some rather pricy nylon tipped pliers which hopefully keeps me from marring the 40g I've been working with.

I use Size 3 but I have the Mustad 450lbs Rated Swivels, I kept breaking all the other Swivels and these havent broke yet...been about 3 months using them

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use Size 3 but I have the Mustad 450lbs Rated Swivels, I kept breaking all the other Swivels and these havent broke yet...been about 3 months using them
Shit I knew I should've gotten the big ones, mine are only 60lb rated cheapos. They'll still be worlds better than the barrel swivels I've been using so far, I just got sick of all the binding up.

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
vape mail!!!

1000' 40A1
1000' 44A1

i sat down, and whipped up couple of fused claptons just for shits and giggles to see how it lays down.

all i can say is; wholly fuck.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Fun, ain't it? :D

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fun, ain't it? :D
truthfully, ya.

i had an epiphany while i was doing it. if you are comfortable with fusing with 36-38, if you can hold that groove with those gauges, then the actual size of the wrap wire really doesn't matter past that point. idk, it could just be me.......

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I took off one coil off that build I did earlier and its now a .08 Ohm Single Coil...It puts out more vapor then Ive ever done with a Dual Coil and it beastly on Box mod....
I just ordered a Tres Equis Box and a HOG V2, one so I can try builds like that in Dual Coil with 3.8-4.2V and a 2S2P for Low Resistant Series Builds...this should get interesting!!! Just need a Alliance Fat Boy now!

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That HOG V2 is my next buy - the best of both worlds.

VU Sponsors