Become a Patron!

Post your builds

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I always preburn, and with SS I even torch the whole coil first including the leads. I use 316, but I find it has quite a bit of "break in time" before the coil stops adding it's own flavor, torching it cuts that to a few pulls, but gotta get the leads red hot too which just dry firing doesn't do.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I only preburn ss to get the resistance leveled out and make sure they fire even.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
Would you do it on the 521 or the mod? I've been noticing a funny taste for the first time or two but nothing like kanthal or anything. I just remember my nightmare of melting Ni when I really had no clue as to what I was doing. But I've learned a thing or two since then

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would you do it on the 521 or the mod? I've been noticing a funny taste for the first time or two but nothing like kanthal or anything. I just remember my nightmare of melting Ni when I really had no clue as to what I was doing. But I've learned a thing or two since then

I dont have a 521 yet

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I always preburn, and with SS I even torch the whole coil first including the leads. I use 316, but I find it has quite a bit of "break in time" before the coil stops adding it's own flavor, torching it cuts that to a few pulls, but gotta get the leads red hot too which just dry firing doesn't do.
I've haven't used the tour check since the nightmare of putting on the wrong butane and burning my hand so bad had to take a trip to the ER so that scares me lmao

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lightning vapes has it for 32 then use the code review20 for 20% off

Sent from the iPad in the basement of vapement

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've haven't used the tour check since the nightmare of putting on the wrong butane and burning my hand so bad had to take a trip to the ER so that scares me lmao

ouchies. yeah I bought a nice cheap torch lighter because I couldn't find my zippo or old torch lighter and I was tired of holding down those bics till they burnt my fingers. But it is worth it for 316, like I said I don't know about 430.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
316 def has a funnier taste for longer but for the 43o it was like 2-3 inhales and it was gone. The only issue with 430 all I've seen it in is either 28g or 20g nothing in the middle

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lightning vapes has it for 32 then use the code review20 for 20% off

You have the link? Search turned up 0 results and the coilmaster tab link gets a 404 error

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hmm gonna have to check it out then, been looking to get some 28g SS, that might work nicely.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hmm gonna have to check it out then, been looking to get some 28g SS, that might work nicely.
Etsy.com is the only place I've found it 200ft roll is 6$ plus shipping sometimes they do 2 2foot rolls for 10$

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So the wire got a bit twisted, by I finally got it done. Tomorrow I'm going to try higher gauge cores and wrap for the Noisy Cricket... Don't really think single coil would be that great a vape on a series mod. If anyone has done it, and enjoyed it, please let me know..

3x 28gK/34gK - 8 wraps/3mm ID - .6 ohm Single Coil....
15dc78b9bdbdbae29f9f07021aa179d6.jpg

77b2ded17331eb9ab737f227dd60be01.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
517ab2d07d41ed930bf39058505501f0.jpg

I usually center my coil and they vape pretty well. Looks troublesome on that particular atty though. Aliens soak up the juice really well, so even a single coil should vape pretty awesome, they always have for me

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
517ab2d07d41ed930bf39058505501f0.jpg

I usually center my coil and they vape pretty well. Looks troublesome on that particular atty though. Aliens soak up the juice really well, so even a single coil should vape pretty awesome, they always have for me
Can't fit it between posts on the double vision. To be honest I was just practicing making the wire, I'm prob. Not even going to use this coil. Gonna make dual aliens tomorrow afternoon

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used to be a die hard Zelda fan :)
61238d7f7343f7cb4664700d56109a62.jpg

You should never say "used to be" when on this topic! Be proud! My wallpaper at work is 8 bit Link holding a piece of the tri force but it is also the triangle with the rainbow coming through it from Pink Floyd's dark side of the moon.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a question do you guys pre burn every wire except Ti? I don't pre burn my SS and I'm wondering if I should also I used 430 SS for the first time today even tho I've had it since the summer I just never broke it out
5d298fe07828fd438aa4031fbd3a8547.jpg
77ceb85e17c06099578df7932a85960a.jpg

I pulse it at 20-25 watts to break it in. Let it cool and then wick.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I use a mod to control power going to it.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Geekvape or coilmaster tho?
They both have their pros and cons. I ended up getting the GeekVape, because it'll fire down to 0.10Ω - the CoilMaster supposedly won't go lower than 0.20Ω. But, the CM has a much easier deck to build on. It also comes with a voltage meter. I'll probably get a CM once I get a few more coils sold.

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I went with the geekvape and minus the fact that its a finger print magnet I love it. Granted I dont have the coilmaster version but I can say the Geekvape is great. Can fire down to .1ohm plus it has grippy things on the bottom so it doesnt move while I am building. I also like how it is super easy to pop the back off and swap out that battery should anything happen while I am using it to fire (I have seen one keep firing. Not the geekvape but have seen it. Granted I think it was because they got juice down in it)

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
02924263124cec46deba857282e34239.jpg

85c6642426fbb521a22d29e7314ec380.jpg

f095be228b112a57021660e8deed5af1.jpg

59bcc6fb8b4502a70818eaeb17e6b9f7.jpg

Half~Staggered Dual~Core Aliens in the Griffin RTA. This is the first real chance i've had to toss a build in this tank since i bought it last week. Been LOVING the vape off these coils. I'll post video tonight when i get home because i really wanna show what these buggers can do. Flavor is fantastic, and vapor is really thick and warm. I clipped the wicks right at that weird ring and haven't had any problems with dry hits.
Specs:
~2x28G KA1 cores
~36G staggered wrap
~38G Alien wrap
~Dual 7 wraps around 3mm is .34Ω

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They both have their pros and cons. I ended up getting the GeekVape, because it'll fire down to 0.10Ω - the CoilMaster supposedly won't go lower than 0.20Ω. But, the CM has a much easier deck to build on. It also comes with a voltage meter. I'll probably get a CM once I get a few more coils sold.
I build down to .1 on my coil master and never have any problems. Didn't know about the not below .2.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Huh. Those are the specs I was given. If I had known that, I would have definitely gotten the CM instead of the GV.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Who has it? The CM site still says 0.2Ω minimum.

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I sort of hate the fire light on the CM 521. It shines right in my eyes, so irritating that I covered it with painter's tape. And mine flickers like it has a short, pretty sure it's not supposed to do that.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Who has it? The CM site still says 0.2Ω minimum.

It's a "recommended" minimum, just a safety cap, there is no actual limit, I've seen someone fire a 0.08ohm (WOULD NOT RECOMMEND) build on a CM. It's to try and prevent people from over drawing the 18650 in it.

Last edited:

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone know anything about the pilot vape build deck? 3fvape has em for 32. Looks a lot like the cm one

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My CM 521 does not have a bottom limit. I think the recommended limit is either for the wiring or the single 18650 battery. I would love to see a dual setup so I dont have to switch out my builds, but I will use it for anything over .1 ohms. If its lower then I change to a mod to dry burn the coils.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone know anything about the pilot vape build deck? 3fvape has em for 32. Looks a lot like the cm one

It's a clone of the CM, it has all the exact same specs, and I believe it comes with the clip-in leads (alligator clip things, I can't remember what their called, I don't think the CM comes with those). They are just ugly as fuck IMO, If I could just get it in one solid color, at least it would be tolerable, but it looks like it comes from the dollar store haha

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a clone of the CM, it has all the exact same specs, and I believe it comes with the clip-in leads (alligator clip things, I can't remember what their called, I don't think the CM comes with those). They are just ugly as fuck IMO, If I could just get it in one solid color, at least it would be tolerable, but it looks like it comes from the dollar store haha
The CM comes with the clips and everything. Full package.

MR.G.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Woah! Diggin that wicker-basket look on that second one. Looks like something a jewelry maker would stitch together. Very, very cool. That's gotta be a scorching vape :eek:

Yes it would be a scorcher if it wasnt in a 30mm atty, have it in the Temple with half the airflow opened up on both sides but the lower row of airholes shut off, the air is coming in from post to post hitting the coil side on.
It's a 3wrap 1/8th at 0.13ohms.
It doesnt sound like any other coil ive vaped, the whole wick explodes with vapour from the coverage of the coil, kind of a deep noise, but im not getting any spitting, really tasty :)

i might throw it in a 22mm just to see how the it compares;)

Last edited:

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
30//36//38g N80
Staggered Center-Core Aliens in the Dotmod Petri 1.5
Dual 7 wraps around 2.5mm was .33Ω
Vapes super awesome, but hotspots were outta control on this. Definitely a pain is the ass. But it vapes great once you finally get rid of em!
fe24515d7be284c04b0c382e3bca96c7.jpg

9a20432442ae7c8b024cfba791ea7e23.jpg

2c158fcd657ffedfd9678956bf0b8cd8.jpg
Sick pics dude....

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My Petri will be here today, what do you guys suggest I build for it to break this puppy in?

Matt

VU Sponsors