Become a Patron!

Post your builds

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Its a killer atty for flavor, I would suggest your favorite flavor build. Damn near everything tastes great in that atty though
I hear that!

Kinda want to try to make my first staggered setup or something... Maybe just some aliens or FC's.

Matt

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's what I'm looking for. I got way too many cloud attys

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
I posted the video link above for the griffin/cricket combo. The only thing I would consider when building on the petri is heat. The airflow is a little restrictive and the chamber is not all that big so builds tend to be a little warmer than normal. So a hot build on the petri tends to be a bit hotter, and a warm build tends to be kinda hot. So maybe shoot for something a little bit cooler than you normally like and it should end up being about perfect

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ok so I should be ok with the Griffin on the cricket... Good.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Weird, it fires right up for me. I'll shrink it down when i get home and post it via the usual means
It's access, with google you need to flip it to allow people with the link to access it (but don't allow changes)

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I will never spend another dime on a Aromamizer...or any RTA that uses the same wicking style..
I couldn't get a clear idea from the pic. But they say 2.5mm juice flow controlled holes. So its gotta be a more sensible setup. I believe it's airflow Diablo style (from under the atty?). Wider velocity deck (16.5mm), top Juice fill. I think it actually sounds pretty decent. I'm going to see if there are any reviews. If not maybe I'll bite the bullet and try one .. not for nothing, I loved my aromamizer v1, WHEN IT WORKED. I thought the flavor from it was great. It really was a shame that I couldn't get it working IMO. But yeah, I think this one has potential..

MR.G.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
30//36//38g N80
Staggered Center-Core Aliens in the Dotmod Petri 1.5
Dual 7 wraps around 2.5mm was .33Ω
Vapes super awesome, but hotspots were outta control on this. Definitely a pain is the ass. But it vapes great once you finally get rid of em!
fe24515d7be284c04b0c382e3bca96c7.jpg

9a20432442ae7c8b024cfba791ea7e23.jpg

2c158fcd657ffedfd9678956bf0b8cd8.jpg

Nice build :cool: ... so is it 6 or 7wrap?:rolleyes:

Gear101

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This came out to be .21 caterpillar, too low?

Attachments

• 20160311_164319.jpg
    20160311_164319.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 33

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I got myself a new Series Box since the Cricket has made me a new Fan of Series Mods...
El Diablo Lucifer Mod, I made sure it was a V2 on the phone with Peiholesuaceultraejuice before spending the money on it...The V1 had QC issues and the Parallel Kit didnt work on them but this one seems to be a fine piece of work.

20160311_122554.jpg 20160311_151119.jpg 20160311_122527.jpgSketch.jpg

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
d1910498103cd79ef13bf6846aa8f0ef.jpg

Some new toys tri clapton coil rba WOOOHOOO

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement
How can you build with them nails? Lmao. Seriously. I, as a cook. Keep my nails cut super short but have been letting my "Clapton nails" grow out. They seen more in the way now that I've let them grow a bit

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I got myself a new Series Box since the Cricket has made me a new Fan of Series Mods...
El Diablo Lucifer Mod, I made sure it was a V2 on the phone with Peiholesuaceultraejuice before spending the money on it...The V1 had QC issues and the Parallel Kit didnt work on them but this one seems to be a fine piece of work.

View attachment 43462 View attachment 43463 View attachment 43464View attachment 43465
I was gonna get the Lucifer but decided on the cricket ... I'm a huge fan of all El Diablo's products, always on point... I actually almost bought the exodus in the b&m a few days back

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I was gonna get the Lucifer but decided on the cricket ... I'm a huge fan of all El Diablo's products, always on point... I actually almost bought the exodus in the b&m a few days back

The Exodus is actually by Silver wolf Customs but I love the Pinoy Mods, they are all great in quality and they are also very helpful and friendly-but its something you will pay for! I would buy another Exodus if it came in another color, theres less then 500 left and once they are gone they are gone for good. It sucks the Magnum by Fourth Horseman Customs is gone and out of production..I was going to order it with the Exodus but I couldnt find one anywhere or anyone that would sell one....I may get a Point Blank Lite but as for now CMI doesnt seem to be giving their paying customers the goods...

I dont blame you for going with the Cricket, $189 vs $22 is a large difference...

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes it would be a scorcher if it wasnt in a 30mm atty, have it in the Temple with half the airflow opened up on both sides but the lower row of airholes shut off, the air is coming in from post to post hitting the coil side on.
It's a 3wrap 1/8th at 0.13ohms.
It doesnt sound like any other coil ive vaped, the whole wick explodes with vapour from the coverage of the coil, kind of a deep noise, but im not getting any spitting, really tasty :)

i might throw it in a 22mm just to see how the it compares;)
Haha, you crazy bastard! Do it for science.

I dunno know why, but I imagine that coil screeching like a pterodactyl. I think this is based on an experience I had with quad-twisted 30g. When I fired it up, it went groooooouuuweeeeeeeeeeeeee! Scared the crap out of me, tbh. I didn't know coils could squeal like that. Thought it might be cursed.

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just an update...
41bb1ddeef9cb323883bd1efe60d429d.jpg

9fd6e9527fd7bd1e222660f046d8718d.jpg

This was Thursday March 3rd...
9172c0310cf41ff6c659a03f5bf53e31.jpg

4116879d139ce75d4112e6d588f9e3b1.jpg

This is today, nearly 8 days later...no change in vapor ventilation...no diminished flavor...hardly gunked up...
I can't speak well enough about this coil...the flavor is finger licking good even after 8 days... The only reason I'm rewicking is to refresh the cotton from banana nut bread to this crazzleberry juice...mmmmm
de70945b11437baab57af212fd6d854c.jpg
3172a40ad67b2b76f4096425375bb3c4.jpg

Yeah buddy buddy...

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just an update...
41bb1ddeef9cb323883bd1efe60d429d.jpg

9fd6e9527fd7bd1e222660f046d8718d.jpg

This was Thursday March 3rd...
9172c0310cf41ff6c659a03f5bf53e31.jpg

4116879d139ce75d4112e6d588f9e3b1.jpg

This is today, nearly 8 days later...no change in vapor ventilation...no diminished flavor...hardly gunked up...
I can't speak well enough about this coil...the flavor is finger licking good even after 8 days... The only reason I'm rewicking is to refresh the cotton from banana nut bread to this crazzleberry juice...mmmmm
de70945b11437baab57af212fd6d854c.jpg
3172a40ad67b2b76f4096425375bb3c4.jpg

Yeah buddy buddy...

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-
I love your builds, they are large, tedious and great to look over...but there is the question of is it due to the nature of the blocks that the coil is never symmetrically laid, I know its 2 wraps but because of there size and width cannot they not be laid side by side?

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love your builds, they are large, tedious and great to look over...but there is the question of is it due to the nature of the blocks that the coil is never symmetrically laid, I know its 2 wraps but because of there size and width cannot they not be laid side by side?
In this respect and a couple extra wide parallel builds I've done you are correct. This is due to the aeronauts build deck in correlation to the width of the coil. With "skinny" coils it's fairly easy to manipulate the leads in a direction of my choosing, as you can tell from the majority of my previous builds on this deck. Due to the width of this wire as well as a few previous builds I've had to revert to overlapping the leads across the "bottom" of the coil directed in relation to the post hole plates. This has no effect on ramp time, wicking properties, hotspots, or anything else as far as I can tell. For anyone else who has this deck I've had greater success "underlapping" as opposed to bringing the leads around the top and bending them into the posts. It also allows you to make larger coils while simultaneously lowering the resistance.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
In this respect and a couple extra wide parallel builds I've done you are correct. This is due to the aeronauts build deck in correlation to the width of the coil. With "skinny" coils it's fairly easy to manipulate the leads in a direction of my choosing, as you can tell from the majority of my previous builds on this deck. Due to the width of this wire as well as a few previous builds I've had to revert to overlapping the leads across the "bottom" of the coil directed in relation to the post hole plates. This has no effect on ramp time, wicking properties, hotspots, or anything else as far as I can tell. For anyone else who has this deck I've had greater success "underlapping" as opposed to bringing the leads around the top and bending them into the posts. It also allows you to make larger coils while simultaneously lowering the resistance.

I know just wondering before I get mine whether or not all the builds will have this issue or not, I know it doesnt effect anything but aesthetics but Im a perfectionist and I think it will lead me to over manipulation of the coils when I start building on it...I wonder if they made it 24mm and widened the post mounts if it would solve this...maybe Im just a PITA. :D

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The Exodus is actually by Silver wolf Customs but I love the Pinoy Mods, they are all great in quality and they are also very helpful and friendly-but its something you will pay for! I would buy another Exodus if it came in another color, theres less then 500 left and once they are gone they are gone for good. It sucks the Magnum by Fourth Horseman Customs is gone and out of production..I was going to order it with the Exodus but I couldnt find one anywhere or anyone that would sell one....I may get a Point Blank Lite but as for now CMI doesnt seem to be giving their paying customers the goods...

I dont blame you for going with the Cricket, $189 vs $22 is a large difference...
I was referring to the Lucifer mod when I mentioned El Diablo.... And yeah the quality on the Exodus is insane.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I just tried my Griffin for the first time and I'm a little disappointed... Flavor good, vapor good and all but the airflow is lacking. I mean it's good enough to vape but the lack of airflow is just making the Griffin so hot, I'm almost burning my lips on it... I don't have anything crazy in it either.

2x 26gKa1/38gKd - 9 wraps - 3mm Id - .35ohm

3998805d46b6297771ed6d9d9cacd0fc.jpg

4714ae46a55641983e79d651dd4a5e3f.jpg

In The morning I'm going to throw sine staples in it, do less wraps so the coil further from the chamber...hopefully that helps?

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I just tried my Griffin for the first time and I'm a little disappointed... Flavor good, vapor good and all but the airflow is lacking. I mean it's good enough to vape but the lack of airflow is just making the Griffin so hot, I'm almost burning my lips on it... I don't have anything crazy in it either.

In The morning I'm going to throw sine staples in it, do less wraps so the coil further from the chamber...hopefully that helps?

Drop the coil size down to 2.5 I did that and it made a big difference. I had 3.5mm coils on my first go round. Fit fine and vaped fine, just hot. Took it to 2.5mm and you could have called me Scrooge McDuck swimming through a room of gold. They were 2x26n80/40k D.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

If you want more airflow then make thinner coils around 2.5mm...and make them about 4mm-5mm above the airflow holes

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Heads up I was just told the Prototype for my RTA will be finished this next week so hopefully Ill be testing it out to make sure it passes my spec sheet and QC...if so then in less then a month it will be purchasable!

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Heads up I was just told the Prototype for my RTA will be finished this next week so hopefully Ill be testing it out to make sure it passes my spec sheet and QC...if so then in less then a month it will be purchasable!
Fuck yea buddy! I can't wait.

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have the juice flow holes all closed and Vaped a while tank with no dry hits. If I leave it open a little it leaks

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
5 wrap, 3mm triple parallel 27g @ .15 ohms. I was in the mood to bust out the SMPL tonight.

I rarely ever get em cleaner than this. <_< I've embraced the jankiness at this point. I'm willing to bet that even if they were perfectly even straight off of the bit, the individual leads would all shift/expand/contract unevenly during pulsing because of all of the shorts. Oh well. Top is before pulsing and bottom is after, obviously.
IMG_20160312_020148.jpg

IMG_20160312_021848.jpg

Gotta, say the 27g is making these pretty underwhelming. The surface area boost ain't doin a thing for it because it ain't getting hot enough. Should've either gone with 2.5mm and put my VTC3's and HB6's to work or better yet, gone up to 28g AND dropped the diameter a tad. I wanted to do that in my MX v3, but I lost two of my only remaining hex grubs for it, so it's out of commission until more arrive. :/ The Lush is alright but it just isn't the same....

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know just wondering before I get mine whether or not all the builds will have this issue or not, I know it doesnt effect anything but aesthetics but Im a perfectionist and I think it will lead me to over manipulation of the coils when I start building on it...I wonder if they made it 24mm and widened the post mounts if it would solve this...maybe Im just a PITA. :D
Most builds you'll have no issue with continuity, so I doubt your O.C.D. will get the best of you.

C4rlosuk

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
New 24g flat wire from stealthvape came today.

b1bc06c53b27e3d2f3aeb54c7949d05e.jpg

e77772aba5f6e7418af9514a39ba6a88.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors