Become a Patron!

Post your builds

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you look at the very bottom of the RDA its engraving/etched "V1.0"
80dd2983e5255ee4adaffe6b21c154ab.png

The Petri V2 on FT doesnt even have the etching on it period, I do see other clones with the V2 etching though. They all seem different, the postholes are all cut differently-shape and width, the etchings on the bottom are different.
You're right

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement

Last edited:

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you look at the very bottom of the RDA its engraving/etched "V1.0"
80dd2983e5255ee4adaffe6b21c154ab.png

The Petri V2 on FT doesnt even have the etching on it period, I do see other clones with the V2 etching though. They all seem different, the postholes are all cut differently-shape and width, the etchings on the bottom are different.

HAHAHA

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have all the v1 and 1.5 and they don't have that gold top they're all one color

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have all the v1 and 1.5 and they don't have that gold top they're all one color

Yes the topcap is different as I mentioned...but that and drilled holes is about it..

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The Largest framed Staple Ive Ever Done....What a PITA!
I think I may try for a Super Wide Staple next...I need to get wrapping the coil it down though.
14 x .6 Ribbon/ 22KA1 Frames, 42N80 Outer Wrap .09 Single Coil
Wire next to 2 x 22KA1/40N80 Fused Clapton Wire and a single 22KA1 Strand:
20160314_110735.jpg 20160314_112908.jpg 20160314_113006.jpg 20160314_113020.jpg 20160314_111915.jpg 20160314_113612.jpg

It didnt turn out as nice as I was hoping but it was a good first attempt at a super wide coil...I really want to get a nice set of wide coils to add to my collection...One like this:
7dacbb4606683ede34aeb020089b46f2.png

Last edited:

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The Largest framed Staple Ive Ever Done....What a PITA!
I think I may try for a Super Wide Staple next...I need to get wrapping the coil it down though.
10 x .6 Ribbon/ 22KA1 Frames, 42N80 Outer Wrap .09 Single Coil
Wire next to 2 x 22KA1/40N80 Fused Clapton Wire and a single 22KA1 Strand:
View attachment 43701 View attachment 43702 View attachment 43704 View attachment 43705 View attachment 43703 View attachment 43706

It didnt turn out as nice as I was hoping but it was a good first attempt at a super wide coil...I really want to get a nice set of wide coils to add to my collection...One like this:
7dacbb4606683ede34aeb020089b46f2.png
Beautiful bro... I made some staple wire but I'm not coiling it up untill my nylon pliers get here.... I don't have toothless pliers either so Im just gonna wait. I'll post a pic later, but I think it came out beautiful considering it was my first time ever working with ribbon wire...first time actually touching ribbon wire in fact. Been building coils since the Igo-I and never found a reason for ribbon wire until I seen the staple coil.

Anyway, back to you .... Beautiful coils buddy, as always, its a pleasure getting a tapatalk notification and seeing "raymo2u has posted a picture in the Post Your Builds thread" :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Beautiful bro... I made some staple wire but I'm not coiling it up untill my nylon pliers get here.... I don't have toothless pliers either so Im just gonna wait. I'll post a pic later, but I think it came out beautiful considering it was my first time ever working with ribbon wire...first time actually touching ribbon wire in fact. Been building coils since the Igo-I and never found a reason for ribbon wire until I seen the staple coil.

Anyway, back to you .... Beautiful coils buddy, as always, its a pleasure getting a tapatalk notification and seeing "raymo2u has posted a picture in the Post Your Builds thread" :)

I use a pair of Plier with electrical tape wrapped around each jaw...I need to get some new tools..

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ok once again. A bit off subject, but I trust everyoner here's opinion..

My kid sister moved to Florida a few months back (she lived here with me in New York) and I finally talked her into stopping the cancer sticks.... I bought her and I both a Sigelei TC-75watt, some Samsung 25r + charger and now I'm on the tricky part. Picking out an atomizer... I want to get her a subohm tank because she doesn't know the first thing about coils or what not so it's not practical to get her an RTA. I was looking at the UWell Crown and the Herakles Plus. Which one do you guys think is better, or should I be looking in a different direction?

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok once again. A bit off subject, but I trust everyoner here's opinion..
My kod sister moved to Florida a few months back (she lived here with me in New York) and I finally talked her into stopping the cancer sticks.... I bought her and I both a Sigelei TC-75watt, some Samsung 25r + charger and now I'm on the tricky part. Picking out an atomizer... I want to get her a subohm tank because she doesn't know the first thing about coils or what not so it's not practical to get her an RTA. I was looking at the UWell Crown and the Herakles Plus. Which one do you guys think is better, or should I be looking in a different direction?

Imma say the Crown, I'm a little biased as I don't own a Herakles, but I do have a Crown, and it's fucking great!

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Im soooo hyped right now!

cd073283eed432c9843138e95aa1d53e.jpg

Got the goon on pre-order, ordered a Sigelei 75w TC (first tc mod.. if anyone knows a good place to get a small amount of tc wire for me to try lmk, thanks)... Grabbed some more Samsung 25Rs and a 4 bay charger, some flush wire cutter and finally nylon pliers....

Very productive day if I do say so myself. That Goon rda got me itching like an addict!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I decided to take out that monstrosity single coil and make a new set of Framed Staples that were a bit more my speed...They came out much cleaner and much nicer looking and they vape fabulously, the thing is the Double vision is getting on my nerves with getting dual coils to heat up with synchronicity...
Wire Details: 10 x .3 Ribbon/ 24N80 Frames/42N80 Outer Wrap 5Wrap/3mm ID @ .09 Ohms

20160314_155234.jpg20160314_155246.jpg 20160314_154810.jpg
20160314_161558.jpg 20160314_161723.jpg

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Atomisers are the wrong shape, they should be more 'square' so you can fit shit in properly. Round is the wrong shape for other than a single coil, for which it makes sense.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Atomisers are the wrong shape, they should be more 'square' so you can fit shit in properly. Round is the wrong shape for other than a single coil, for which it makes sense.
The rubix cube. Atty cubed. Ice cubed. "Mutation x 6"(clone of a square)
there's a few square rdas out now. My favorite that I've played with and vaped is the atty cubed.

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok cool, that's the one I was actually leaning towards. Thanks

Might want to consider something like the Nautilus or other more MTL type tanks if she's new to it and coming from cigarettes, tighter draw makes it closer to that old smoking though the lung hit never matches and DL with subohm certainly satiates that feeling more IMO. Anyways, worth considering.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
there's a few square rdas out now. My favorite that I've played with and vaped is the atty cubed.

Those all still have a Round Base though...

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Just bought a rubix cube clone, round base just a square cap around it. Still neat and got it for like $5 so... (I went ham on a sale and grabbed 4 new RDA's for like $25).

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might want to consider something like the Nautilus or other more MTL type tanks if she's new to it and coming from cigarettes, tighter draw makes it closer to that old smoking though the lung hit never matches and DL with subohm certainly satiates that feeling more IMO. Anyways, worth considering.
My wife just made the jump and I hooked her up with my subtank mini. She likes it but I let her try my Griffin the other night and she likes it more... green light for me on the Griffin 25 and the Raymo RTA! Holla!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My wife just made the jump and I hooked her up with my subtank mini. She likes it but I let her try my Griffin the other night and she likes it more... green light for me on the Griffin 25 and the Raymo RTA! Holla!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
For sure, just worth considering. I have buddies who vape, but they try to take a small hit off mine cough like crazy and call me crazy. Different tastes and all.

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Two new builds from me.

First is for the Tier 1 Goon Build-off. Didn't accomplish what I set out to do initially, so this was my fall back idea.
Spaced claptoned framed staple, parallel twisted claptons helixed with a clapton and high gauge wires.

9e98bf6a68cfa0b24a87056e081c9dde.jpg

06fb908df4a8f6117580ec6b4b13f3c8.jpg

-Specs-
Spaced Framed Staple
2x 26gN80 frames
6x 0.5mm KA1 ribbon cores
40gN80 spaced clapton

Parallel wire
2x 28g/38gN80 twisted claptons
32/40gN80 clapton helix in one groove
36 and 38 helix in the other groove

0.14 ohm on a 3mm bit.

Next is my entry for the @CoilConspiracy 5th member Build-off on Instagram

Claptoned ribbon bound framed staple

02b739e413009a4c5cd87451564cee14.jpg

918f8b7981912a8cf1c3283d9436fc2f.jpg

fc734dd5e78d7cfc3b1d0fcfb8752f1f.jpg

2x 26gN80 frames
6x 0.5mmKA1 cores
Fused with 40gN80 claptoned over single ply 0.5mm ribbon
0.08 ohms wrapped on a 3mm bit

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Two new builds from me.

First is for the Tier 1 Goon Build-off. Didn't accomplish what I set out to do initially, so this was my fall back idea.
Spaced claptoned framed staple, parallel twisted claptons helixed with a clapton and high gauge wires.

-Specs-
Spaced Framed Staple
2x 26gN80 frames
40gN80 spaced clapton

Parallel wire

0.14 ohm on a 3mm bit.

2x 26gN80 frames
6x 0.5mmKA1 cores

You know you wanna send me a pair of those

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Anyone know a good place for square wire? Also cheap tc wire for me to try, small spools if possible

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Two new builds from me.

-Specs-
Spaced Framed Staple
2x 26gN80 frames
40gN80 spaced clapton

Parallel wire

0.14 ohm on a 3mm bit.

2x 26gN80 frames
6x 0.5mmKA1 cores

Every time I see your pics I feel like breaking your damn hands...I really wish my hands didnt have the issues they have or I think I could do much better...:(
Oh well, I may try doing something with that Clapton Ribbon Outer wrap...thats a great piece that could be added to a few builds I have had in mind to try out....Something along the lines of a Staggered Framed Staple and every other space have that wrap over the center....could be nice looking...

Last edited:

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've still got to try a staple coil but don't have ribbon wire yet.. Any way I could do it without ribbon??

Matt

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was thinking about picking up some more wire, any benefit to 46 awg kanthal over 40 awg when wrapping other than making it look like aluminum foil when you get a solid wrap?

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was thinking about picking up some more wire, any benefit to 46 awg kanthal over 40 awg when wrapping other than making it look like aluminum foil when you get a solid wrap?
not that i can tell. 46g is super fine and as such very fragile. My first try at fc's with 46 i broke the wire several times before i got the speed and tension right. Ive used it once since...

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Anything over 40g is for specialty builds. Like Schmucko said, it'll make things shiny. It's also good for various types of stitching. But as for functionality, there's no need to go above 40g. I made a staple coil with 50g yesterday, and it broke in like 7 different places when I went to wrap the coil. So I said "Fuck it" and started a 24N fused Clapton with 46N binding - it didn't really want to hold the initial tension created by the 2 core wires during the first inch of wrapping. So again - "Fuck it". Went with 2x24N/40N fused Claptons and they're vaping wonderfully.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Even less possible ramp up time but it can be difficult to wrap if your not used to the ultra fine gauges of wire. I would stick with 40g until you build up to 46g

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just ordered some 28g, 38g, and some .4 ribbon wire. Woo hoo

Matt
I got to get more 28g. I didn't think I'd be using it much anymore until I started building for my cricket.

@raymo2u , was it you that recently purchased the Lucifer mod? I believe it was... If so, how are you liking it? I was going to purchase another noisy cricket earlier today but then I figured I'd get the Lucifer (this was the series mod I was initially going to get before I got the cricket....). Any feedback is greatly appreciated

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Anything over 40g is for specialty builds. Like Schmucko said, it'll make things shiny. It's also good for various types of stitching. But as for functionality, there's no need to go above 40g. I made a staple coil with 50g yesterday, and it broke in like 7 different places when I went to wrap the coil. So I said "Fuck it" and started a 24N fused Clapton with 46N binding - it didn't really want to hold the initial tension created by the 2 core wires during the first inch of wrapping. So again - "Fuck it". Went with 2x24N/40N fused Claptons and they're vaping wonderfully.
It's there a noticeable performance comparison between 38g and 40g? I got 2000' of 38g kanthal d a few weeks back, but if there's a noticeable difference ill grab some... I love the way it looks wrapped also

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I got to get more 28g. I didn't think I'd be using it much anymore until I started building for my cricket.

@raymo2u , was it you that recently purchased the Lucifer mod? I believe it was... If so, how are you liking it? I was going to purchase another noisy cricket earlier today but then I figured I'd get the Lucifer (this was the series mod I was initially going to get before I got the cricket....). Any feedback is greatly appreciated

Yea I bought the Lucifer, its pretty amazing, I use it more then the Cricket but thats because I enjoy the larger size, looks, and I like the Trigger rather then the Button press. I am not sure if the clone feels the same way or has as nice of a trigger feel but if it does I would say definitely get one. The thing I would change on the Lucifer and on the Cricket...those damn Battery Screws Ins...
I rebuilt both the Series Setups I had this morning...
20160315_102823.jpg 20160315_102750.jpg 20160315_102733.jpg20160220_210007.jpg 20160315_143739.jpg 20160315_143336.jpg 20160315_143516.jpg

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

That's about equivalent to my situation...

When I first started vaping I was building for mechs, and really loved 24 gauge.

When I switched to a regulated device I found love for 26, and used 28 too...

But now that I'm working with aliens I want higher resistance, so I ordered 28 and still have lots of 26 gauge. I am surprised I went through as much 38 as I have. 500' of both 34 and 38 and I got the 38 well after the 34 -- I am officially out of 38 as soon as I crank out one more FC with it.. I still have plenty of 34.

Matt

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's about equivalent to my situation...

When I first started vaping I was building for mechs, and really loved 24 gauge.

When I switched to a regulated device I found love for 26, and used 28 too...

But now that I'm working with aliens I want higher resistance, so I ordered 28 and still have lots of 26 gauge. I am surprised I went through as much 38 as I have. 500' of both 34 and 38 and I got the 38 well after the 34 -- I am officially out of 38 as soon as I crank out one more FC with it.. I still have plenty of 34.

Matt
Another Black Spool, is in order for! LOL
Love those little black spools with the one little square sticker on it
"Kanthal D 38g"

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know!!! I just dropped way too much money for 250' of 28, 500' of 38 and 100' of ribbon... Ugh.

Matt

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yea I bought the Lucifer, its pretty amazing, I use it more then the Cricket but thats because I enjoy the larger size, looks, and I like the Trigger rather then the Button press. I am not sure if the clone feels the same way or has as nice of a trigger feel but if it does I would say definitely get one. The thing I would change on the Lucifer and on the Cricket...those damn Battery Screws Ins...
I rebuilt both the Series Setups I had this morning...
View attachment 43876 View attachment 43877 View attachment 43878View attachment 43882 View attachment 43879 View attachment 43880 View attachment 43881
Very clean.... And I might grab a Lucifer clone just to check it out.. $22 bucks, worth the gamble it is 1:1...

Mind posting some specs of some series framed staples? and reg. Staples if you don't mind? I literally just started working with ribbon a few days ago so any info on the series builds are appreciated... I was actually thinking of switching my double vision onto my reg. Device and my Griffin to the cricket, this way I can really use the double vision with some beefy coils... Any input, thanks brother...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Very clean.... And I might grab a Lucifer clone just to check it out.. $22 bucks, worth the gamble it is 1:1...

Mind posting some specs of some series framed staples? and reg. Staples if you don't mind? I literally just started working with ribbon a few days ago so any info on the series builds are appreciated... I was actually thinking of switching my double vision onto my reg. Device and my Griffin to the cricket, this way I can really use the double vision with some beefy coils... Any input, thanks brother...

I havent ever made a Framed Staple for Series..I may give it a try tomorrow though...Will be a tiny Wire compared to its Parallel Brethren.
I like 6-10 of .6 Ribbon/26N80/40N80, usually the resistance will be around .1 (5 wraps/3mm ID) depending on how many wraps and ID.
20160229_131909.jpg20160301_133126.jpg 20160314_155234.jpg20160314_155246.jpg 20160314_154810.jpg

For Series I would suggest .3 Ribbon, 30g Frames and 40g Outer wrap...would need to test for resistance per wrap though...

Virol

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I havent ever made a Framed Staple for Series..I may give it a try tomorrow though...Will be a tiny Wire compared to its Parallel Brethren.
I like 6-10 of .6 Ribbon/26N80/40N80, usually the resistance will be around .1 (5 wraps/3mm ID) depending on how many wraps and ID.
View attachment 43883 View attachment 43884 View attachment 43884View attachment 43887 View attachment 43886

For Series I would suggest .3 Ribbon, 30g Frames and 40g Outer wrap...would need to test for resistance per wrap though...
Well i will need some 40g to give it a try

Enviado desde mi D5106 mediante Tapatalk

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Another Black Spool, is in order for! LOL
Love those little black spools with the one little square sticker on it
"Kanthal D 38g"
I'm ordering ribbon from him this week. I spoke with him a few days back. He told me to order 4 orders of the .5mm D-ribbon and he'll send me a 250' spool :)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm ordering ribbon from him this week. I spoke with him a few days back. He told me to order 4 orders of the .5mm D-ribbon and he'll send me a 250' spool :)

I got his .3, .5, and .6 Ribbons of KD...Cant beat how cheap it is for 50ft

VU Sponsors