Become a Patron!

Post your builds

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think companies that use squeeze bottles have the actual consumer in mind as far as ease of use. I wont buy "premium" juice specifically because its in a dropper bottle now
I just don't get it. For real though... ...these companies are full of and often founded by vapers. How can they just let this happen when they all know damned well that it's a major inconvenience to their customers. I wonder... ...do they use dropper bottles?

Maybe it helps sales by making the juice look more attractive. I dunno. Personally, I only buy juices that come in dropper bottles because they're just that damned good. It's a compromise. Most people who have experience with dropper bottles, I imagine would want to avoid those bottles.

And you know, sell your juice in dropper bottles for all I care, but at least give us the option of getting it in a squeeze bottle. It makes no sense to me that juices formulated specifically dripping are sold in the most inconvenient bottles for dripping...

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
and to cap off a good day of learning to build, i made my first clapton ever. fairly limited on wire so i used triple twisted 28 gauge kanthal from geekvape as the core, and some 30 gauge for the wrap. i fucked up a couple spots along the way, but in the end there were two good coils on my first length of clapton wire. i may have been a bit rough on them when i fit them on the deck though...comes to .30 ohms exactly.

IMG_2028.JPG

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just don't get it. For real though... ...these companies are full of and often founded by vapers. How can they just let this happen when they all know damned well that it's a major inconvenience to their customers. I wonder... ...do they use dropper bottles?

Maybe it helps sales by making the juice look more attractive. I dunno. Personally, I only buy juices that come in dropper bottles because they're just that damned good. It's a compromise. Most people who have experience with dropper bottles, I imagine would want to avoid those bottles.

And you know, sell your juice in dropper bottles for all I care, but at least give us the option of getting it in a squeeze bottle. It makes no sense to me that juices formulated specifically dripping are sold in the most inconvenient bottles for dripping...

Well, yeah, it all comes down to presentation. Plus, glass bottles are thicker, it looks like you're getting more. It actually makes more sense to have glass(amber) if you're storing long term for the sake of uv protection... If a juice is worth buying its worth buying regardless of packaging but, imo, im gonna go with the option thats not gonna drive me insane trying to use it

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Decided to toss my hat in the Goon buildoff happening on instagram. Wanted to take advantage of the peculiar deck on the TM Squared.
Specs:
~28/36/38g Staggered Fused Clapton wrapped around a triangular bit, then twisted into a Knuckle coil. Mounted in the two center holes.
~28/38g Alien wrapped around a safety pin and threaded through the first coil and mounted in the two outer holes in the posts. ~Single coil clocks in at .18Ω

1629fa9670bbc0dc7b06742f50da473f.jpg

70af4d1535281a6f22820ea0b8603a6d.jpg

67ccf39a01b5aba23cda29799d21827a.jpg
How did it vape?

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Been busy this morning!
Made a 4ft Length of Fraples! The Magma Reborn was supposed to Arrive today and I wanted to put something new in the TM Squared...Here's the Fruits of my Labor, remember this is all :12 x .4 Ribbon/24N80/42N80 Framed Staples...
For the Twisted Messes Squared (7 Wraps/3mm ID):
20160316_110417.jpg
20160316_111611.jpg 20160316_120121.jpg 20160316_120637.jpg 20160316_120109.jpg

Now the Magma (6 Wraps/4.5mm ID):
20160316_114916.jpg 20160316_115005.jpg

I received the HOG V1 and the sniper today also...
20160316_123133.jpg20160316_123052.jpg 20160316_122942.jpg

Last edited:

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How do you like it? I just grabbed a Sigelei 75w for when I go out abd just want something light... I've been using a Sigelei 100w as my daily driver for a long time now and I'm looking fit something to replace it... Hoping the Cuboid is the answer...love the size

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How do you like it? I just grabbed a Sigelei 75w for when I go out abd just want something light... I've been using a Sigelei 100w as my daily driver for a long time now and I'm looking fit something to replace it... Going the Cuboid is the answer...love the size

I couldnt stand the 25 amp output limit...other then that its a decent device for the money.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got 1km of 44awg ni80 vapemail, wire company ran out of 34, 36, 38, 40 and 42 so I made sure I had some clapton wire before they ran out of everything below 32. I think 44 is lowest I am gonna go....it takes forever to make a couple of feet of wire with it damn was giving me drill-hand cramp.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I couldnt stand the 25 amp output limit...other then that its a decent device for the money.
What where the drawbacks on the amp limit on a vv/vw? Im a little rusty when it comes to this on devices

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I got 1km of 44awg ni80 vapemail, wire company ran out of 34, 36, 38, 40 and 42 so I made sure I had some clapton wire before they ran out of everything below 32. I think 44 is lowest I am gonna go....it takes forever to make a couple of feet of wire with it damn was giving me drill-hand cramp.
Highest you mean?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What where the drawbacks on the amp limit on a vv/vw? Im a little rusty when it comes to this on devices

It will only output a max of 25a...If you build lower then .3 you will not get the advertised 150w, it will be stepped down to a certain wattage depending on how low you build...My .12 builds were only getting 67w....

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It will only output a max of 25a...If you build lower then .3 you will not get the advertised 150w, it will be stepped down to a certain wattage depending on how low you build...My .12 builds were only getting 67w....
Yeah I figured it out once I thought about it.... Guess I'm going with the Reuleaux.... Really liked the size of the cuboid

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ha ha lowest diameter, highest guage - whichever way you want it :D I won't be trying 46 or smaller wire but I did some micro fused claptons with 2x28k/44ni80 and they are nice enough.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How does the Reuleaux feel in hand? Is it comfortable or to bulky?

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How does the Reuleaux feel in hand? Is it comfortable or to bulky?

It is super comfortable, fits the hand perfectly, not bulky at all. To look at it you would think the exact opposite, but it really is very compact and has super soft edges, won't dig into your hand at all. Excellent design, and an excellent mod!

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How did it vape?

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-
The first one vaped alright, it wasn't spectacular. Wicking it was a nightmare! But it was a pretty decent vape. Its a weird combo of macro coil & dragon coil. This one wasn't vaped on, i just built it and fired it up for purposes of the build
b88fcc5c7af6814b7ebbc2a18b221125.jpg

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whats a good solid mod that will comfortably fit a 25mm atty? Wanna order a 25mm griffin but it'll hang over on all my mods

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Whats a good solid mod that will comfortably fit a 25mm atty? Wanna order a 25mm griffin but it'll hang over on all my mods

I'm looking at the Reuleaux now. she'll fit on her...

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm looking at the Reuleaux now. she'll fit on her...

Yeah, ive been eyeing it for a while, just not sure if i wanna hold out and get the dna version or not. That and the boxer mod are really the only ones i can recall that ive seen with a 25mm atty on them

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm about to pull the trigger on the Reuleaux now. I'm really liking it. Besides I havnt heard anything bad about them thUs far...

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm about to pull the trigger on the Reuleaux now. I'm really liking it. Besides I havnt heard anything bad about them thUs far...

Only issue I've heard of with it is that tanks with longer pins can push the mods spring pin in too far which will make it stop working and can potentially eventually damage it permanently. Worth being aware of but easily fixed with a spacer.

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reuleax is nice mod, don't know where people get this 'Batteries for days..' from though. It's 3 18650s and it lasts the same time as 3 18650s. That is not days.
Its because its 3 18650's in series(11.1v but i believe the mod limits it to ~9v) so instead of drawing extra amps to ramp voltage up its bucking it down which, in most cases, is more energy efficient.

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only issue I've heard of with it is that tanks with longer pins can push the mods spring pin in too far which will make it stop working and can potentially eventually damage it permanently. Worth being aware of but easily fixed with a spacer.
Ive heard that as well but wasn't it just the rx iteration and not the dna?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ive heard that as well but wasn't it just the rx iteration and not the dna?

Yeah that's what I heard it on, though I haven't read much about the DNA one, too pricey for me :D

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Evolv is suing Joyetech for the RX200 LOL
They have patents on variable wattage and temp control, question is if Joyetech is using different methods will it still hold?

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Evolv is suing Joyetech for the RX200 LOL
Yeah, which sucks bc if they win the rx200 will most likely be pulled and if they loose we might see a spike in already expensive dna prices

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
They have patents on variable wattage and temp control, question is if Joyetech is using different methods will it still hold?
I find it funny though, they make the mod their chip is in but are suing for them making a mod that is similar and was released around the same time. Obviously Evolv knew about the RX200 before its release, they only care now because the DNA200 Releaux isnt selling..

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I find it funny though, they make the mod their chip is in but are suing for them making a mod that is similar and was released around the same time. Obviously Evolv knew about the RX200 before its release, they only care now because the DNA200 Releaux isnt selling..
Wismec makes the mod using evolv's chip. Wismec also makes the rx200 but with joyetech's chip. Dimensionally, theyre exactly the same but the dna version has slightly higher quality materials

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think if they could produce a chip that doesnt cost $80 retail the mods would sell a lot better but, hey, what do i know...

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think if they could produce a chip that doesnt cost $80 retail the mods would sell a lot better but, hey, what do i know...

I hear you. I want to get the DNA version but that's going to have to wait a while...

Matt

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the DNA version of the Reuleax and I love it. I caught it on sale and got it and an aromamizer shipped for $145. I love the fit in the hand, but it is not really a pocket mod. Since it is still cold here in Maine I just put it in a coat pocket and it is fine. Most people are not going to want to use it as and out and about mod though because of the weight. With an RDA running 120 watts It will last me a full day. It is currently running a Griffin with a .09 ohm build at 80 watts and will last me a day and a half with 3 LG HE2 (3000 mah)

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have the DNA version of the Reuleax and I love it. I caught it on sale and got it and an aromamizer shipped for $145. I love the fit in the hand, but it is not really a pocket mod. Since it is still cold here in Maine I just put it in a coat pocket and it is fine. Most people are not going to want to use it as and out and about mod though because of the weight. With an RDA running 120 watts It will last me a full day. It is currently running a Griffin with a .09 ohm build at 80 watts and will last me a day and a half with 3 LG HE2 (3000 mah)
What's the minimum resistance cutoff on the DNA version?

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Doesn't seem to be a lot of flavor in the Petri with this new alien build in there. Think I'll go back to some fused claptons until I get some more 38 gauge in - should be here by weeks end or so.

Enjoy..

.15 Ω (3) 26 g × 34 gauge.

b698e8b793547c95905d225f418abbee.jpg

Matt

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Volcano lavabox. Love the mod but wish it had the bettet life of Reuleax.

Great chip but I would probably not get another dna mod.

Not worth the money to me. I do like the level of control you have in temp mode. That is the only thing I like about the chip.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok once again. A bit off subject, but I trust everyoner here's opinion..

My kid sister moved to Florida a few months back (she lived here with me in New York) and I finally talked her into stopping the cancer sticks.... I bought her and I both a Sigelei TC-75watt, some Samsung 25r + charger and now I'm on the tricky part. Picking out an atomizer... I want to get her a subohm tank because she doesn't know the first thing about coils or what not so it's not practical to get her an RTA. I was looking at the UWell Crown and the Herakles Plus. Which one do you guys think is better, or should I be looking in a different direction?

I have a crown tank I love it but I'm buying a herakles v2 at ecig.com with code vapingcheap it's 14.99$. So I'll be able to give you better answer once it comes but you can't go wrong with the crown tank

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement

VU Sponsors