Become a Patron!

Post your builds

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If you use the Outer most holes you should get 8-9 Wraps in. so hopefully .12-.14
Bingo! :). When you use the utter holes you get away with 3mm id or you gotta knock it down to 2.5?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I ordered a cheap macro lens from eBay... I think it gets here tomorrow, I can wait....

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I
Bingo! :). When you use the utter holes you get away with 3mm id or you gotta knock it down to 2.5?

I use 3mm but wthe lead that goes under needs to be bent to allow space for wicking

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I

I use 3mm but wthe lead that goes under needs to be bent to allow space for wicking
Yeah had to do it with my 2.5 because of how long it was .. what's the longest coil u made at 3mm in the TM2?

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
When making framed staple aliens, what do you wrap your initial Clapton around.?

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Poppa (K)

I am just glad to get to this point...
65c8171c1a24a89fa04567fdc886c3b1.jpg

Got my framed staple prepped. Gonna relax and take a long break because it took me literally hours to get it right. Again, still a total bitch. But I'm sure after a few goes at it I'll have it down decent enough.

It wouldn't have happened this fast without your video, which I really really appreciate. Went above and beyond to help a guy out which is amazing.

Gonna wrap it up with some 38 later tonight and if all goes well I'll have a framed staple under the belt.

Not even sure what I'll put it in if I do, or what device because I don't have a mech mod :/ steam shows it would be a .08 dual at 5 I think.

Then again, sort of cart before horse...

Thanks again Poppa

Matt

i'm glad i was able to help :)

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yup, same as Poppa - Wrap around the same size as the framing wire.

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When making framed staple aliens, what do you wrap your initial Clapton around.?

I did one with 28ga frames and I did the clapton on 27ga and it wrapped very nicely but thats the only odd gauge i have and i was using 38 for the clapton. If i were using 36 or lower id stick to the same gauge tho, just food for thought

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Grr my hands won't work with me today. Can't even get a basic Clapton ran out. Glad I have plenty of stuff with builds in it

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just ordered one from somewhere else for $54 +fs. Gonna try and get a refund from 528...

So i got the refund from 528customs very quickly with no issues.... I wish their shipping was this quick and smooth :) . So this is what he said

"As it happens in the Vape industry everyday the dates were pushed 7 days and posted on social media because we would rather you have a safe product then a product that is not safe and up to our standards.'

Now with that, I agree 100%............but, like you ( @raymo2u) said earlier, they keep pushing back the dates but they have enough to give so many away.... then what got me pissed off was this... I ordered the Goon just now from Eciggity. How is it that another vendor receives the product while every other customer has to sit a wait and wait? If 528customs didn't already have all of our money I bet u that they wouldn't of sent out products to vendors before customers who pay more per piece. But because they already have our money, now we have to wait? To me that's just bad business.

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just ordered one from somewhere else for $54 +fs. Gonna try and get a refund from 528...

So i got the refund from 528customs very quickly with no issues.... I wish their shipping was this quick and smooth :) . So this is what he said

"As it happens in the Vape industry everyday the dates were pushed 7 days and posted on social media because we would rather you have a safe product then a product that is not safe and up to our standards.'

Now with that, I agree 100%............but, like you ( @raymo2u) said earlier, they keep pushing back the dates but they have enough to give so many away.... then what got me pissed off was this... I ordered the Goon just now from Eciggity. How is it that another vendor receives the product while every other customer has to sit a wait and wait? If 528customs didn't already have all of our money I bet u that they wouldn't of sent out products to vendors before customers who pay more per piece. But because they already have our money, now we have to wait? To me that's just bad business.
I am also canceling my order, Ill use it to buy something else just as crazy and then the goon clone when it comes out...maybe the cthulhu shuriken...

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've been so busy lately that I haven't had much time to build anything for myself. So, the Noisy Cricket has been feeling a little lonely lately, so I decided to give her a little alien love via the TM clone. There was one little anomaly in the wire, but I figured it's just for me so I let it go. You'll see it in the pic. The lighting was not cooperating, so I couldn't get a decent color shot, either. She hits hard and fast, even with the kanthal cores.

3x32K/40N, 2.5mm ID, 0.75Ω

2016-03-23 17.36.18.jpg
2016-03-23 17.39.48.jpg
2016-03-23 17.57.47.jpg
2016-03-23 18.02.35.jpg
2016-03-23 18.11.19.jpg

thermo289

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I read this from start to finish(very slow day at work), I love what you guys are doing here.
a03e465712f10d572bc50cc9e1d6482d.jpg
115a8df62d3bde6cdb8ed994353353e4.jpg

This is 4, 24g twisted like a cable, my fav I have built so far. (Only been building for 3 weeks)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well....maybe a little. I had to walk away when I saw the guy slit open his thumb. Just how tight you guys trying to wrap them claptons!

But because of this tread I joined last night and made that coil.(inspired by u guys)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If your not using your teeth to guide the wire for you clapton your not doing it right!! ;)

skizzums

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay, these took WAAAAY too long, are ugly as sin and also too tall. sweet vape, but not sure it's worth the trouble. started as just trying to figure out simple methods for running the positive leg down the inside of a vertical. turned into this monstrosity. been running for four days and i gotta say........it's killin' it.

quad vert, 26g SS316L, .38ohm. can run okay as low as 38w, but much prefers 60-ish

thermo289

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay, these took WAAAAY too long, are ugly as sin and also too tall. sweet vape, but not sure it's worth the trouble. started as just trying to figure out simple methods for running the positive leg down the inside of a vertical. turned into this monstrosity. been running for four days and i gotta say........it's killin' it.

quad vert, 26g SS316L, .38ohm. can run okay as low as 38w, but much prefers 60-ish

It looks like that cap has the room, why are they too high?

Also, if it works and you are happy who cares what it looks like.

skizzums

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
notice the gasket on the chimney to give me more room. sre it down all the way it touches, just barely though, couple mm's. it's the loops where the inside leg comes down, i could put them flat, but got real sick of working on it.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I tried a naked staple yesterday and failed miserably. I should try the framed naked like yours and see if I can get it. Thanks for the post! :D

MR.G.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried a naked staple yesterday and failed miserably. I should try the framed naked like yours and see if I can get it. Thanks for the post! :D

Have i somehow helped you? :lol:

I thought i'd try the framed on first go ;) i will try without the frames nxt time, i'm sure i can :D

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Got the Coo TS RDA in today and Im telling you I love the workroom on the 30mm! I cant wait until Saturday when my 40mm Mason gets here now!
I did a Staple Build with 20G Staged Heating but it wasnt heating like I wanted it to so I tossed it and made some 2 x 20KA1/40KD Fused Claptons...They are both 3.5mm ID and I did the Fuse Claptons with 9 Wraps so they werent too low but they provide a great vape, this RDA can hold some juice and blow right through it...Im guessing atleast 7ml's when filled and cotton soaked...
Some Size comparisons....
20160324_111900.jpg 20160324_112043.jpg 20160324_112154.jpg

Now the Builds in order:
20160324_122841.jpg 20160324_122857.jpg

20160324_131035.jpg 20160324_131108.jpg 20160324_131141.jpg

MR.G.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got the Coo TS RDA in today and Im telling you I love the workroom on the 30mm! I cant wait until Saturday when my 40mm Mason gets here now!
I did a Staple Build with 20G Staged Heating but it wasnt heating like I wanted it to so I tossed it and made some 2 x 20KA1/40KD Fused Claptons...They are both 3.5mm ID and I did the Fuse Claptons with 9 Wraps so they werent too low but they provide a great vape, this RDA can hold some juice and blow right through it...Im guessing atleast 7ml's when filled and cotton soaked...
Some Size comparisons....
View attachment 44677 View attachment 44671 View attachment 44674

Now the Builds in order:
View attachment 44676 View attachment 44678

View attachment 44675 View attachment 44673 View attachment 44672

That deck looks identical to my 30mm Temple, whats the topcap like?

Edit: i mean the airholes etc

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That deck looks identical to my 30mm Temple, whats the topcap like?
It has much less airflow, thats the reason I got it and not the Temple...and I got it for $25 Authentic lol
12ba1ca4efdfec7369b31c495d7e4b5a.png

And it changes Colors :p

MR.G.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Temple aint all that bad atall, you can still adjust the air, i love how its built like a tank just like that rda you have

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The Temple aint all that bad atall, you can still adjust the air, i love how its built like a tank just like that rda you have
the amount of holes and how they were all placed had me overwelmed, thats what I didnt like...Just seemed a little much for me.

c77886db6bdd4005af9227cd455acf82.png

If it was just the trapezoidal shape airflow I would have liked it, that bottom row I wouldnt need and I didnt think you can adjust it off on the pictures I was looking at....now that I saw this pic I may grab one of those also ;)

MR.G.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the amount of holes and how they were all placed had me overwelmed, thats what I didnt like...Just seemed a little much for me.

c77886db6bdd4005af9227cd455acf82.png

If it was just the trapezoidal shape airflow I would have liked it, that bottom row I wouldnt need and I didnt think you can adjust it off on the pictures I was looking at....now that I saw this pic I may grab one of those also ;)

You can also now get a 22 and 24mm Temples, i have a couple of 24mm ones on the way to me, ive used the 30mm with a single coil inbetween the posts with the airflow coming from the sides where the posts are which shuts off the bottom row then you can adjust the other holes so you only have half of all the holes open and it vapes good on a big old hot coil :)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yea, Its going to be odd when the next RDA that Arrives Dwarfs this one...It will have some different mounting options though and if I can pull off what I want to it should be pretty decent.

VU Sponsors