Post your builds

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I stuffed 3 of 'em in my goblin mini... My deck is still small. :(
cry.gif
Gotta have the room to stretch for them to work their magic ;)

MR.G.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@raymo2u
So I think I found a few issues that was making it harder for me
3c287a9a2330df05b0a70e27fbe04b1a.jpg

I was trying to do it with the drill laying down so maybe I'll put the piece of wood in my vice and that will be a huge help because using the drill like that it was so hard to keep it at a constant speed so I'll try it that way and I'm sure it'll make
It will make it easier and I'll be able to see the wire much better. See sometimes you need to see something as easy as someone else's set up to get what works best for you every one I saw so it had the drill laying on its side which didn't work
For me

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement

Hi Dawn :) from what i can see your clamp that holds your swivels is similar to mine, you have a long part of the vice under the table? i use mine with the long part above the table, it already had a hole in mine to tie my swivels to with some thick wire but you could drill a hole in yours if you havent, a hole the height of your drill when its stood upright... look at my pics

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hi Dawn :) from what i can see your clamp that holds your swivels is similar to mine, you have a long part of the vice under the table? i use mine with the long part above the table, it already had a hole in mine to tie my swivels to with some thick wire but you could drill a hole in yours if you havent, a hole the height of your drill when its stood upright... look at my pics
What kind of bit is that in your drill???

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Never seen that kind of drill bit before, I was going to make something similar with a clamp from Radio Shack but decided against it and got those flat connectors I use instead...Ill be picking that wire vise up for sure!!

Well I wasnt as impressed with the last 2 builds because they weren't warm enough I though, even with 150w its wasnt as hot as I wanted. I was going to do a Dual Caged Build but I first wanted to use up some wire I made the other day, Ill do a Dual Caged sometime soon, tomorrow if I decide I dont like this build...
Now for the Quad Fused Clapton Build...2 different Fused Clapton Pairs...
I wanted to make sure everything would heat together so I had to add a few wraps to the coils on the top pair and I wanted to keep the bottom pair the same as what my last build was.

Top to bottom:
2 x 22N80/40N80 Fused Claptons (11 wraps)
2 x 20KA1/40KD Fused Claptons (9 Wraps)

20160324_180645.jpg 20160324_180607.jpg 20160324_180536.jpg 20160324_180627.jpg 20160324_180616.jpg 20160324_180549.jpg

Perfectly Even...

20160324_181157.jpg 20160324_181200.jpg 20160324_181204.jpg

I need a HOG V2...

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Never seen that kind of drill bit before, I was going to make something similar with a clamp from Radio Shack but decided against it and got those flat connectors I use instead...Ill be picking that wire vise up for sure!!

Well I wasnt as impressed with the last 2 builds because they weren't warm enough I though, even with 150w its wasnt as hot as I wanted. I was going to do a Dual Caged Build but I first wanted to use up some wire I made the other day, Ill do a Dual Caged sometime soon, tomorrow if I decide I dont like this build...
I wanted to make sure everything would heat together so I had to add a few wraps to the coils on the top pair and I wanted to keep the bottom pair the same as what my last build was.

Top to bottom:

View attachment 44725 View attachment 44727 View attachment 44724 View attachment 44726 View attachment 44723 View attachment 44719

Perfectly Even...

View attachment 44721 View attachment 44720 View attachment 44722

I need a HOG V2...
That's too much coil for me :)

I thought u got the hog v2 the other day?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

MR.G.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Top to bottom:

View attachment 44725 View attachment 44727 View attachment 44724 View attachment 44726 View attachment 44723 View attachment 44719

Perfectly Even...

I need a HOG V2...

get much of a hit of that!? :D

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Dude, I was thinking the same exact thing. :D
If I can sell one of the mods I have Ill pick one up...or if the woman allows me to put $20 into my "vape account" I will get one...

get much of a hit of that!? :D

It Firing: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByjxYyTSvEyBZGlxRTBGeUNsNlk/view?usp=sharing

Only slightly getting a draw, I need more Wartz to throw at it, 200w isnt enough and the Hohm Wrecker G2's 151w (Its more powerful then any other mod I own, Its noticably stronger then all my 200w mods maxed out at 151w), still isnt enough. This build would be great for the HOG V2 and since Im getting a few 30mm, a 40mm and a 46mm RDA I should have it for the sized coils they will fit...

Last edited:

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wismec has a 100w 26650 presa now and it looks very nice with a 30mm atty on it. I may get that when i replenish vape funds

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have all the pics up on the website that I need, so I was FINALLY able to put a build in the Petri V2 that I could use. If I need more pics, I can just put it in the ultrasonic cleaner. I just need to keep the screws in good condition for future pics.

There's a reason people pay $90 for these things, folks. This is by far the best vape I've ever had.

2016-03-24 21.33.14.jpg
2016-03-24 21.42.47.jpg

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What's the specs there Chef?

My Petri has nothing in it at the moment... My fraples wouldn't fit so they're in the Velocity and nothing in the Petri at the moment...

Haven't put anything in it, got 28g in it so I can fit more wraps in it if I go alien that with y 26. . .

Matt

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
3x26K/36N, 2.5mm ID, 5/6 wraps, 0.13Ω
It's just a little bit slow on the ramp up, but the flavor is out of this world. Vapor production is quite respectable, also.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It really brings out certain 'nuances' in juices and just all around blasts favor at you.. Such an amazing RDA I'm actually glad I spent $90 for it...

I use pretty much the same build for the first one on it...

It's good on regulated but gotta crank the Watts up so high that I prefer to have a higher resistance (.2-.3would be perfect) so I think I'll need to use the 28 and hopefully squeeze a 7th wrap in. The 26 pretty much maxes at 6 wraps you can fit in it plus cotton... Still a great vape.

I found FCs do well in it as well, but the alien is just game changing.

Matt

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Let us know... the one big problem is it doesn't have those beautiful screws, unless you found one I hadn't seen.
Will do, and no - the V2 clone doesn't have the pretty screws.

The 26 pretty much maxes at 6 wraps you can fit in it plus cotton.
Yup. It fit in there perfectly. Any bigger and it wouldn't fit. Like you, I'll probably try a 28/38 alien with an additional wrap in it next time.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Top to bottom:

Perfectly Even...

I need a HOG V2...

Nice space heater you have there...

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What in the world is the resistance on that build?
I don't even care to try and put it in Steam... I have a spool of 20G with almost 95% left on it...

I have NO uses for it other than taking 6" pieces and straightening them to use as "cotton picks" when putting cotton in juice Wells - for which it works well for..

20G fused claptons?!!?! Jesus...

Matt

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, I have some 20g kanthal that I use as a pick also. No 20g nichrome.
Yep it works great! I use the same 6" piece for months at a time...

When the only devices I had were my homemade box mod and my IPV mini 2 I used the 20g all the time, 6-7 wraps and it worked well chucked clouds but when I said "clouds are cool... But where's my flavor?" I put the 20g in the box and really just never touch it..

Just glad to see there may indeed be a use for it after all...

Matt

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think Ive shipped something to almost everyone in the thread and most that view it either way...lol but good idea...

Could you remove the quote?
I figured, but you never know...

Done my friend.

Matt

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for the heads up, It would have stayed there....Im sure many on the other Blackhat/HS/NextGen forums would love to get that info for some revenge...
I ironically thought about that rather than VU members wanting to send you some free stuff ;)

All good. Just wouldn't want my info out there any more than it already is you feel me?

Matt

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's why I love this thread you're a frickan genius. Where did you get the chuck because those two things would Save me a bunch of aggravation and wire

MR.G.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's why I love this thread you're a frickan genius. Where did you get the chuck because those two things would Save me a bunch of aggravation and wire

Glad to be of help, it should make your life easier and your wire making more enjoyable :)

The wire vise the guy above posted is basically the same thing :)

VU Sponsors