Become a Patron!

Post your builds

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe a dum question, what's the point? Dose it help with build up?
I don't know what they were exactly, but squared off like that. Raymo sent me a pair and they vape quite nicely with solid flavor. They're no fused claptons but considering the mass and all that jazz they would probably fit some niche and be excellent for it (lower power).

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I haven't tried it yet. I have some 0.2x0.2 here. Maybe that's something to mess around with later on today after I get some sleep.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't tried it yet. I have some 0.2x0.2 here. Maybe that's something to mess around with later on today after I get some sleep.
Sleeps for pussys lmao

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I just got my Goon in the mail today... phew, finally! I'm a little dissapointed in the presentation of it. No box, just a pouch that says 528 customs Goon on it. That always turns me off a bit. Also the o rings were a bit cut up along with the bottom of the drip tip. Everything else looks really really good.

About to make something for it now, any suggestions?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'd like to get a goon... A clone probably. Don't much care for 528 customs or the image they've created of themselves in my mind..

I've got to stop everything value related except wire and juice though, as I quit my job a week ago and I'm only focused on school.. No more devices or RDAs for a while.

Matt

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its a wire vice, i use it instead of having to mess about with the chuck plus you can leave your wire on it so you can get some tension when wrapping a coil ..
pray do tell; what is that? and where do i get i one? that is by far the prettiest tool i've seen in a while.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
pray do tell; what is that? and where do i get i one? that is by far the prettiest tool i've seen in a while.
How does it do with doing framed staples is my question. How week it grips onto the wire if you use slightly different size wires. Like if you choose to use slightly larger wire for the frames.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My Mason 40mm came in today, my Goon and Tsunami will be here Monday morning and the HOG V2 should be here Thursday...

My, My, My....This thing is enormous! I was pretty excited that it came in and I had a spool of Alien wire made to make some coils for this beast...I ran into the room and grabbed the spool...only to find mice chew the spool and some of the god damn wire...I didnt have enough 36g to make more so after cooling down and throwing poison pellets everywhere I decided to go with what I could do in little time... Fused Claptons, I will soon remove them and toss some Framed Staples or Aliens in it but for now this works....and looks crazy, and it heats up much better then it did with those FC's I had in the Coo TS.
20160326_134903.jpg

(4) 2 x 24N80/40N80 Fused Claptons (6 Wraps/3.5mm ID)
20160326_135139.jpg 20160326_162358.jpg
20160326_161951.jpg 20160326_161928.jpg 20160326_161945.jpg 20160326_162008.jpg

Attachments

• 20160326_162920.jpg
    20160326_162920.jpg
    562.5 KB · Views: 27

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Mason 40mm came in today, my Goon and Tsunami will be here Monday morning and the HOG V2 should be here Thursday...

My, My, My....This thing is enormous! I was pretty excited that it came in and I had a spool of Alien wire made to make some coils for this beast...I ran into the room and grabbed the spool...only to find mice chew the spool and some of the god damn wire...I didnt have enough 36g to make more so after cooling down and throwing poison pellets everywhere I decided to go with what I could do in little time... Fused Claptons, I will soon remove them and toss some Framed Staples or Aliens in it but for now this works....and looks crazy, and it heats up much better then it did with those FC's I had in the Coo TS.
View attachment 44879

View attachment 44872 View attachment 44875
View attachment 44870 View attachment 44873 View attachment 44871 View attachment 44869

WOW think of how this would be for a series build, you would have plenty of room. Would look a little funny on the NC though.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
WOW think of how this would be for a series build, you would have plenty of room. Would look a little funny on the NC though.
The 30mm Coo TS is also a large deck and it looks alot better on the Lucifer, I have a HOG V2 on the way for Para-Series Builds....should be here Thursday...then some really craziness can be had!

MR.G.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How does it do with doing framed staples is my question. How week it grips onto the wire if you use slightly different size wires. Like if you choose to use slightly larger wire for the frames.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I know what you mean, i'm not sure on that one i tend to use the same size ribbon as the frames im using but maybe you could bind a bunch of wire around the ribbons first to make up for the gap and then bind again including the frames and then chuck it into the wire vise, you can really torque down the butterfly nut with pliers which you have no chance of pulling the wire from but as for what your saying i dont think its possible Unless you were able to squash your frames with the vise which isnt really gonna happen or you could flatten your frames with a hammer beforehand i suppose or do as said before with the binding, ive had np's with same size frames to ribbon pulling from it.
I love the way that once ive finished my wire i can just leave the wire on the vise and use it to wrap tight coils

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I tried putting it on the Cricket for a fun pic but it covers the Firing Button...lol
The HOG V2 (Paralleled Series) will be here on Thursday so Ill make some new builds when it comes...

40mm is damn big, I can imagine the size of the Fat Boy when the Clone arrives...

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

View attachment 44879

View attachment 44870 View attachment 44873 View attachment 44871 View attachment 44869
Holy sweet baby Jesus that's a fucking monster!

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Here ya go...lol This thing is so heavy...You could seriously fuck someone up tossing it lightly at them lol
e0b25e29365e453263e1951c99008594.jpg

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 44879

Nice build! That shits clean man!

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Speechless on the 40 mm! I want to walk around d with that thing to see People's faces. Walk into the local b&m with it in my lavabox that is tiny. Haha be like, I can't power this build but check this shit out!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yea I had to make them angled and its a bit tight but they did fit....Ive been using that setup for almost 2 days now....can almost shove a pencil through them bitchez!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
first time build with ribbon wire. Thoughts?

Looks good to me, Ive been spacing out alot of my outer wraps lately and I dont notice much of a difference so as long as you have some in approximation to each other it should do the job well.
Last few builds I did that were similar...Yours looks just as nice, you should be good to go!
2x22K .5 Ribbon Fused Clapton.jpg 2x22K .5 Ribbon Fused Clapton .jpg 2x22K .5 Ribbon Fused Clapton  .jpg 2x22K .5 Ribbon Fused Clapton   .jpg 2x22K .5 Ribbon Fused Clapton x2 .jpg 2x22K .5 Ribbon Fused Clapton x2.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I want to do something crazy for the Mason...Maybe some Altered Bridge Coils or something along the lines...but then again I want the build to be very functional also...any ideas guys?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I would love to know how this is done. Too crazy tho ok let me look some more
Its lower gauge wire thats flattened thats above and below the Ribbon that has been Corrugated. You need to make a press to corrugate the Ribbon like that and press large sections at a time or use the driver technique, unless you find something like a Playdoh kit with a jig that corrugates lol Then its a matter of binding it all together....Besides Corrugating the Ribbon is simple, just alot of time involved.

Last edited:

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
image.jpeg Triple Titanium build in a Stillare v3.
0.08 ohms. This was my first time building with titanium wire. eehh, s'alright. I liked the triple 28g nano I had in it before. Just thought I'd try something different. Maybe it will grow on me.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If anyone here wants to know how they make the Ribbon Corrugated like you see in the Ivy Coils its pretty simple. You need the Precision Screwdrivers like you get at walmart but a Fresh set so the lines arent fucked up...This Set:
Precision_Screwdriver_Set_1.jpg

Take 2 of the drivers (They lines need to match size and spacing...) and face them in opposing directions and the lines line up like gears.....Now feed your Ribbon through it and roll the drivers. This isnt a perfect method but this is how you can make your own Ivy/Corrugated Ribbon Easily. You need to keep it straight and it can be difficult rolling the drivers with Ribbon between. I hope this helps you guys and I hope some of you try it and make some Crazy Corrugated/Ivy Builds as you have more time then I do....

4df09ba78e7cdfdf90011eda01783d88.jpg

Last edited:

thermo289

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
View attachment 44974 Triple Titanium build in a Stillare v3.
0.08 ohms. This was my first time building with titanium wire. eehh, s'alright. I liked the triple 28g nano I had in it before. Just thought I'd try something different. Maybe it will grow on me.

Let us know I for one have been on the fence on investing on Ti wire
Not sure it's really worth it

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Let us know I for one have been on the fence on investing on Ti wire
Not sure it's really worth it
It isn't bad, took a bit to get going, and @.08 it takes some power to ramp it up. The clouds are just ok, but the flavor is outstanding. I really bought this wire for my Crown RBA, that I carry at work, because I wanted a coil that could handle Max VG with less power than the stock coils. The wire is 26g grade 1 Ti, and it was super easy to work with. Moves easily but still holds its shape well. I gonna try this in a Hive build on my Alliance v2 and see if I don't get better clouds, but all in all its is way better than Ni200, and no nasty breakin taste. I give it a thumbs up. Not great but pretty decent.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I threw in some framed staples in the goon last night. They came out great but I made them too big, the rda is getting way to hot to the point my damn RX200 was heating up. Gonna take them out and throw some baby staples in.

7ply .4k/28g frame/40g fused. 9 wraps 3mm ID. .18ohm

Pre Pulse
c9268803ba9758c23d110b0ff067c8c3.jpg

Pulsed n wicked
e57b41ca79b44c11b945959c22f951fd.jpg

95ff15348dc39a824d94c5ba8010a561.jpg

9d095107c924f29823cd61809eb33025.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors