Become a Patron!

Post your builds

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Getting colors isn't too hard on N80, or SS.

- Wash the coil with an old toothbrush and dish soap.
- Quick pulse 10-15 times at a really low voltage and wiggle/stroke the coil then 10-15 times around 2-2.5 volts (this brings out golds).
- move up to 3.5 volts and fire 'til she glows (brings out the other colors).
I have trouble with getting her to glow without getting white hot. If that makes since. I am mentally challenged when it comes to "release the button now you fuckhead" lol

sent from a dumb operated smart phone

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fucking A, what a shitty day.

I went out with my little list in hand to grab the shit to start doin the wire, and it was down hill from there. Went to Lowes, Home Depot, and Walmart looking for shit, and nothing on the list was there aside from a vise and drill which I wasnt gonna get anyways. Walmart had some barrel swivels but no ball bearing ones, so fuck it, guess Ima try those.

But then leaving walmart already pissed cuz I was leaving defeated and empty handed (plus I fucking HATE walmart to start with), I hope in my car and it wont start! Tried to get a jump, and nothing. God damn it. Had to leave it sitting there and figure out what my next move is. Guess gonna have to get it towed to a shop.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fucking A, what a shitty day.

I went out with my little list in hand to grab the shit to start doin the wire, and it was down hill from there. Went to Lowes, Home Depot, and Walmart looking for shit, and nothing on the list was there aside from a vise and drill which I wasnt gonna get anyways. Walmart had some barrel swivels but no ball bearing ones, so fuck it, guess Ima try those.

But then leaving walmart already pissed cuz I was leaving defeated and empty handed (plus I fucking HATE walmart to start with), I hope in my car and it wont start! Tried to get a jump, and nothing. God damn it. Had to leave it sitting there and figure out what my next move is. Guess gonna have to get it towed to a shop.
Not to be that guy but did you check your alternator ground wire? I've seen many a cars crippled by a loose ground

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I dunno. Those were strictly promo coils that I made for IG.
That's almost a kick in the nads ain't it?
I vape every vapeable* coil I make lol

God i hate autocorrect

Last edited:

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not to be that guy but did you check your alternator ground wire? I've seen many a cars crippled by a loose ground

The battery and shit is fine, it kicks up and sounds good, it just wont turn all the way over and start.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The battery and shit is fine, it kicks up and sounds good, it just wont turn all the way over and start.
Oh damn man. I hope it's something simple and cheap to replace man. I only know enough about cars to be dangerous most of the time

Changing breaks/sparkplugs things like that I'm cool. Once it comes to electrics and or pulling an engine cover off... I'm doomed to fail.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's almost a kick in the nads ain't it?
Yeah, it is. I have to install them in my presentation Petri, so I can't try 'em out as is. But... They go into my graveyard, which gets PIF'd here. The last one went to @Teresa P . The next one should be coming up soon...

2016-04-09 19.57.08.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, it is. I have to install them in my presentation Petri, so I can't try 'em out as is. But... They go into my graveyard, which gets PIF'd here. The last one went to @Teresa P . The next one should be coming up soon...

View attachment 46771
That is a very kind deed Chef! I bet she was super excited to hear she was getting them!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@raymo2u
I wonder how these would work

Sent from the iPad in the basement of vapement
I see white blocks lol Nothing is showing up. If your posting Ebay Links you need to type something, highlight what you typed and then hit the paperclip symbol and paste the link.

I see them now...I dont think it would be much different then the original drill chuck to be honest...Ill order the one MR G posted and see if that works. Is the last one you ordered working in your drill?

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I see white blocks lol Nothing is showing up. If your posting Ebay Links you need to type something, highlight what you typed and then hit the paperclip symbol and paste the link.
I just posted the pic

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I see them now...I dont think it would be much different then the original drill chuck to be honest...Ill order the one MR G posted and see if that works. Is the last one you ordered working in your drill?
Yes it works it's just longer than the silver one but no wobbling I tried to look up the company with all the specifics for you because I still have the package

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

View attachment 46771
If you remember tag me in that grouplol your rejects/ graveyard would be my freaking playland!

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This one is the same thing but half that price: LINK
and this one I think is the same and in the USA: LINK
The black one I got was 5/8 and it didn't fit in the drill if you scroll to the bottom of the page on the link there's one that 15.55 I think that is the smaller one

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If that ever happens im hiding all my vape gear and blaming it on the toaster

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
If it ever happens to me I'm calling my dad "hey motherfucker it's your son. Yea remember your kids? Well I'm on the news now asshole! Done blew my hand off. Come fuck with me!"

actually if I blew my hand off with a modI would have to tell people I was disarming an I.E.D. Or that I tried to rob the quickie mart

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont live close enough to a lake for that to be feasible. But i can leave all my resistance wire out and say "I use that there metal string to fix this infernal good for nothing toaster, knew that rascal was trouble"

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Love me some fused claptons, not too hard to make and just very effective. I have to say though, the way you installed those things is bothering me :gaah:
Yes, please tell me. What am I missing? What did I do or not do? I like to know so I can fix it on the next build.

No problems with the leads heating up or anything.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yes, please tell me. What am I missing? What did I do or not do? I like to know so I can fix it on the next build.

Use a pair of pliers and pull the lead tight and screw it down, do this for every lead and then pull the coil into position...that will fix the complaints he made

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Use a pair of pliers and pull the lead tight and screw it down, do this for every lead and then pull the coil into position...that will fix the complaints he made
Pull the coils tighter to the post right?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Typically the lead going under you just put in the bottom hole, lead going on top you put in the top. There's nothing wrong with what you're doing it just has me flustered.

aa.jpg

Stole it from Crazychef's IG, not the best example considering it's only 1 hole on each side, but what you see is the point. As it circles down it's placed in the hole it'd be at. Likewise if the leads are facing in the same direction the other one wouild be raised higher, and placed into the top post hole in a velocity deck.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lost them on a fishing trip...I think it was the same trip all my NFA firearms got lost in the lake...I cant be too sure.
I keep telling y'all my boat caught fire on the lake I swear it!

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Typically the lead going under you just put in the bottom hole, lead going on top you put in the top. There's nothing wrong with what you're doing it just has me flustered.

View attachment 46787

Stole it from Crazychef's IG, not the best example considering it's only 1 hole on each side, but what you see is the point. As it circles down it's placed in the hole it'd be at. Likewise if the leads are facing in the same direction the other one wouild be raised higher, and placed into the top post hole in a velocity deck.
:gaah:Now that you point that out, I bugs me now lol! Mine looks like shit now that I look at it. :eek:Looks all twisted and weird compared to that! It vapes like a sumbitch, but, I am fixing now.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
:gaah:Now that you point that out, I bugs me now lol! Mine looks like shit now that I look at it. :eek:Looks all twisted and weird compared to that! It vapes like a sumbitch, but, I am fixing now.
Bro you gotta start somewhere.
it's alot nicer than my first several Claptons lol I didn't have a good camera to take pics with then, thank God lol

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No need to change it if it vapes well, but yeah, it is just... weird! I kind of thought you were trolling us or something for a second, just trying to get under my skin :p just that subtle weirdness that digs into the brain and won't let go.

And it looks fine honestly, just that strangeness. It's like that cute quirky girl that sits next to you in class, she's attractive, but at the same time intimidating as they make your head hurt.

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Bro you gotta start somewhere.
it's alot nicer than my first several Claptons lol I didn't have a good camera to take pics with then, thank God lol

Thanks! Main reason I posted it. Feedback.

Really want to try one of these crazy builds I on here. A couple look pretty intriguing!

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No need to change it if it vapes well, but yeah, it is just... weird! I kind of thought you were trolling us or something for a second, just trying to get under my skin :p just that subtle weirdness that digs into the brain and won't let go.

And it looks fine honestly, just that strangeness.
Haha! I post a pic of my build and get accused of trolling! Damn.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If it helps it would have been an expert level troll. Can't get mad, but can be annoyed, I'd put on the level of "Trolling is a art form" which still bugs me to this day.

Well then, I will try not to troll this thread again but cant make any promises lol
So when reading this I busted out laughing and showed the gf the picture in question. She said "there's something different about that build but what the eff is it?"
so yes it's one of those brain tick wtf moments but it's still a very nice build.

Hell when you rewick it just turn the coils to the left and make them vertical
takes care of the ocd members hahaha

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Keep doing what you do whatever it is! honestly that picture is one of my favorites in this thread because it made my brain go to mush :D
Its a nice break from all the perfect builds! Need to break things up once in a while. Its a simple build but it got a reaction;)
So when reading this I busted out laughing and showed the gf the picture in question. She said "there's something different about that build but what the eff is it?"
so yes it's one of those brain tick wtf moments but it's still a very nice build.

Hell when you rewick it just turn the coils to the left and make them vertical
takes care of the ocd members hahaha

lol, I have been meaning to try verticals actually, as I have yet to do so.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Been busy with school, hadn't had time to post all the pics from that quad build on the Twisted Messes.

Pre-Dry Fire/Cleaning:
2fea751fca486208156e3560ce4a44f1.jpg

After Dry Fire/Cleaning:
f452baf36d4b5188c343cbdb97f9d401.jpg

I thought wicking would be bad, and it really wasn't. Wicks well. Fits well.
82eec7bd2cc60964cf76a68fdc9e94e1.jpg

a503d7a346a48aa8727975752997e7c7.jpg

I've been running around or in class most of the last few days, so I haven't Vaped this as much as I'd like to. But sitting here vaping it now I have only one complaint: I get splash back / juice in my mouth. I thought it was due to over dripping, and it might be as it's gone away for the most part with special attention to dripping.. 165 watts and it hums.

Didn't get them as "squared up" or centered as I'd like to. The top coil is off to the side on both sides, but it works well. Was a fun build as I haven't done quad coils like that before. Also... How much room in the TM!!! Wow!

Matt

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You didnt state that its only dangerous on the Cricket is what I meant..You didnt mention it was going on the cricket...most of us know thats what you use but others will think your talking about Tubes/Boxes, not the cricket.
b5066ab0fa3303bf216174cf58949678.jpg

Silly goose, i mentioned all those things haha. If it makes the group more comfortable i will make the warnings more ominous, though i don' feel the need to because this thread has become more of an informal hang out more than a home for gospel truth. I feel like everyone here is familiar with battery safety, BUT i will provide a scarier warning next time if it makes y'all happy :p

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
For the recourd, i still dont see how these could perform any difrent then a 24 34 fused clapton.

VU Sponsors