Become a Patron!

Post your builds

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
qPWTQLGm.jpg

It doesn't look epic but getting 2 coils in an Aeronaut is not at all easy.
I will teach you how to make this style perfect if you want. Just by telling you a trick that can't go wrong

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ive been pumping them out for no other reason then perfect wrapping and finding the perfect stretch. I noticed there is adjustability within how much can be stretched and still wrap fine. If you stretch it more it will have a "Swoopy wave" and if you dont stretch it as much theres the "Full Alien wave"...I like the "Full Alien Wave much more then the "Rounded Swoopy wave", it almost looks like a Arch Fused Clapton type of Swoop....

I have gotten it so I dont even need support on the 3 Core wires as I wrap a entire 16" length, as long as I hold enough tension on the drill-I can rip at full speed and have atleast 5/6 Aliens pumped out (depending on ID). I feel comfortable enough where I will try Stitched and Interlocking aliens next...as soon as my wire gets in. Before the other day I felt Alien wire was a impossible feat and I looked over everyone builds on here with jealousy and almost a sense of resentment...but I didnt even try after I failed a few times, I feel I was only pushed again after starring at all your pictures and it motivated me to take that step again.

Ive been trying different things, flattening, flattening and polishing, staging and more...I still have alot of work to do and much to learn but Im loving the fact I can sit at the bench knowing that I can have a set made in less then 20 minutes...I never thought it would happen.

View attachment 47349 View attachment 47347 View attachment 47348 View attachment 47345 View attachment 47343 View attachment 47346 View attachment 47344
I'm working on my staggered now. I was actually gonna go back to perfect the aliens after... to be honest I stopped doing aliens when I got obsessed with framed staples, but now I really want get the aliens perfect so I can do some framed staple aliens >_<

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So the "So Horney" clone came in today. I was initially gonna put 6 aliens on it, but decided to use 3 pairs of different types of coils. An alien, a fused Clapton, and a hammered twisted coil. The whole build came out to 0.21Ω. If you get one, try to keep all of your coils at as close to the same resistance as possible. I didn't, and what should have been an awesome build came out as a big disappointment. The lower resistance coils will fire way too fast compared to the higher resistance ones. Which makes sense, I just didn't consider that fact beforehand. The pics came out pretty good, though.

Aliens: 3x30K/38N, 3.0mm ID, 7/8 wraps
Fused Claptons: 2x30K/42K, 3.0mm ID, 12/13 wraps
Hammered Twisted: 2x28K, 2.5mm ID, 12/13 wraps

2016-04-13 15.27.28.jpg
2016-04-13 15.26.17.jpg
2016-04-13 15.25.30-2.jpg
2016-04-13 16.06.46.jpg
2016-04-13 16.07.03.jpg
2016-04-13 16.07.20.jpg
2016-04-13 16.09.24.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Your an asshole Chef...I didnt get mine today :(:cry:

It can be alot of math but its similar to what I had to do for that Coo TS where I had multple Fused Claptons made of different materials and I had to calculate the wraps for each so they would all heat evenly together...
Rough guidline...
If its All N80 and you are then making one of Kanthal, then use 2 less wraps then you did for the N80.
If its got 3 cores and the other has 2 then add a wrap to the 2 core.
If you make a 3mm Id and then a 2mm Id coil drop a wrap from the 3mm Id.

You will need to play with all of these making multiple coils and using different materials and diameters...it can be frustrating on paper but if you doing trial and error it can be done fairly quickly.

What happened here??
0947dcfb21a73e8a6058dfe11a6227ed.png

Last edited:

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Your an asshole Chef...I didnt get mine today
It can be alot of math but its similar to what I had to do for that Coo TS where I had multple Fused Claptons made of different materials and I had to calculate the wraps for each so they would all heat evenly together...
Rough guidline...
If its All N80 and you are then making one of Kanthal, then use 2 less wraps then you did for the N80.
If its got 3 cores and the other has 2 then add a wrap to the 2 core.
If you make a 3mm Id and then a 2mm Id coil drop a wrap from the 3mm Id.
You will need to play with all of these making multiple coils and using different materials and diameters...it can be frustrating on paper but if you doing trial and error it can be done fairly quickly.
I know how to do the math, I just sort of ran in front of myself and started building.

What happened here??
200 watts going through the lowest resistance coil. I got pissed and said "Fuck It" and burned right through the damn thing. That's why the math needs to be done correctly beforehand, folks.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Here's what I do - hopefully it helps.
What I like to do is wrap the Clapton wire around the threads of an eyehook and put that into into the drill chuck. Then I double up the core wire, hook the loose ends to the swivels and hook the looped end to the eyehook in the drill chuck. It works great for me so far.
The coil pic is the same exact wire shown in the wire pics.

View attachment 47179
View attachment 47180
View attachment 47181

Thanks for the tip Chef, works slick.
DSC_0002.png DSC_0003.png

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
None what so ever...how did it short inside?? Do you have a pic of your internals? Was yours a clone...I wonder if your internals are slightly different. I had mine apart earlier to clean it and I dont remember anything that could even cause a short...

Ohh you had it in Parallel...I have not done that yet...I keep it in Series and use the Snip and Exodus for Parallel. That makes me not even want to try it in Parallel...
Im glad your okay, that seriously sucks..
You bought it off Ebay?
Update... The vendor was willing to switch them no problem but I did some finagling and figured it out. Got the series configuration working again. Given the fact that it's essentially a mech I still cannot for the life of me figure out why it wasn't firing but I'm back on the series bandwagon. Nothing like it as satisfying.

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Update... The vendor was willing to switch them no problem but I did some finagling and figured it out. Got the series configuration working again. Given the fact that it's essentially a mech I still cannot for the life of me figure out why it wasn't firing but I'm back on the series bandwagon. Nothing like it as satisfying.

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-
Im glad you got it up and going right this time...I love the trigger and its grip...I think its the Best Series Mod Ive owned...could contend in a top 5 Mods hands down.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Im glad you got it up and going right this time...I love the trigger and its grip...I think its the Best Series Mod Ive owned...could contend in a top 5 Mods hands down.
Which one, Lucifer?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I finally bought a nc last night.

Once I get the hang of that, I will probably pick up another mech or two.

Bought a new charger and more batteries too.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
I still want to pick up that Full 600g Copper Dimitri on FT...there's on a few mods left out there I think I need still...I own all the Regulated mods I deemed worthy of owning already and most of the Mechs I like.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bet that was a bitch to get to ramp up and glow evenly lmao. Fuck, any more than 2 coils and I cant get them all evenly ramped and glowing to save my life. And thats 3 of the same coil, never mind 3 different ones.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Curious how that hammered twisted coil vapes on it's own, looks great. I've seen that style but never that flat looking.
I don't know - I can't remember if I've ever done a 2 piece hammered twisted coil before. It's got some interesting propertie. Might have to try it for my next Cricket build.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's gotta be it. Thanks!. :D

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

VU Sponsors