Post your builds

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Might try the authentic in a B&M and if its significantly better get that.
The group buy for the V2 is closing soon, so if you want to pick one up, it'll be a LOT cheaper than getting one at a B&M. CLICK HERE to be taken to the post/thread.

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
...here's my building supplies minus my clamp, drill, and a few other odds and ends
7592bb687bbfeee0172a0511dd89833e.jpg

Just remembered posting this forever ago and decided I'd toss up my new kit for comparative purposes
843bc6d13aa01bd1f7e1a7852ea1b27b.jpg
Also, here's my very first stainless steel build
2662e38ccaa4af553787e36b8ba05994.jpg
I didn't wrap, only installed them as they're prebuilts I purchased from a local b&m. Just bought a 30' reel of 24AWG SS316L and will be wrapping my own coils as soon as I figure out exactly how the numbers work with it in regards to ID, # of wraps, etc...

Sent from my CM12.One m7 using Tapatalk [:=

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I need to get a decent pair of cutters. Getting tired of using nail clippers, I have just been putting it off. It was a bitch cutting the leads on my last build.

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Vesuvius As you can see above, I had been in the exact same situation until very recently - the wire cutters I had back then were useless for clipping coil leads which were already installed into my RDA

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I need to get a decent pair of cutters. Getting tired of using nail clippers, I have just been putting it off. It was a bitch cutting the leads on my last build.
I use a set of Carbon Steel Diagonal Cutters...None of the other Flush cutters last very long for me.
The same thing as this:
1880905-2.jpg

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1880905

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@Vesuvius As you can see above, I had been in the exact same situation until very recently - the wire cutters I had back then were useless for clipping coil leads which were already installed into my RDA

I use a set of Carbon Steel Diagonal Cutters...None of the other Flush cutters last very long for me.
The same thing as this:
1880905-2.jpg

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1880905
I was wondering about finding ones that would hold up to clipping leads on some of these big builds. My nail clippers are tore up lol.

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I recommend you grab a coil master V2 or V3 kit

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I was wondering about finding ones that would hold up to clipping leads on some of these big builds. My nail clippers are tore up lol.
Those cutters can clip 18g but it can leave marks on the blade...not a scratch with anything softer or thinner then 22g Kanthal..and the way the head is shape, jaws are recessed, you can cut it flush without issues or touching coils that are already installed...Its one of the best "upgrades" for the tools there is if you build often or like to make advanced stuff.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I recommend you grab a coil master V2 or V3 kit

I dont, you can buy much more and much better tools for much less money....The tools included with those kits rival the dollar store quality and your paying top price for the name...The only thing decent in the kit is the 521 and coiler.

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Understood and duly noted [:=

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Are the jaws as small and pointy as the flush cut. I'm on my third pair of those, the latest and best so far the Xuron but the tip of that is f'd up too.
Its slightly thicker but they do fashion to a point less then a millimeter thick at the end. They are around a centimeter in depth, this is the reason the jaws dont break off..which is what has happened to all the flat jawed flush cutters Ive had before.
1880905-4.jpg

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just remembered posting this forever ago and decided I'd toss up my new kit for comparative purposes
843bc6d13aa01bd1f7e1a7852ea1b27b.jpg
Also, here's my very first stainless steel build
2662e38ccaa4af553787e36b8ba05994.jpg
I didn't wrap, only installed them as they're prebuilts I purchased from a local b&m. Just bought a 30' reel of 24AWG SS316L and will be wrapping my own coils as soon as I figure out exactly how the numbers work with it in regards to ID, # of wraps, etc...

I really don't worry too much about coil ID. All of my coils are usually 3mm ID. And I usually do five wraps on my builds which almost always puts me in the .2ohm ballpark. The build I posted above, I just did my normal 3mm ID and 5 wraps and it came out as usual to .2

SS has less resistance to it so you will need more wraps to achieve the same ohms you would with Kanthal. I use steam engine for everything but once you build a few, you don't even need steam engine really.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I dont travel and build so I keep all the tools at the bench and dont really need a portable setup....If I did I would buy a Laptop bag and throw the most used tools in it to go.. My favorite Coiler is the UD Coiler with the cut at the end across...I just wish it had longer bits like the Coil Master V2 coiler does, thats the only gripe.
Nylon Pliers, Those Cutter, UD Coiler, and a par of Thread Nippers and you should have every basic thing you will need....
20160321_180524.jpg

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I dont, you can buy much more and much better tools for much less money....The tools included with those kits rival the dollar store quality and your paying top price for the name...The only thing decent in the kit is the 521 and coiler.
The coil jig is great for new builders who are using single wire coils, but yeah outside of that, basically not worth the money. I bought one when I was starting, and I use it, but I wouldn't spend the money on it now. Outside of single wire coils there's simply no benefit to the coil jigs, grab a set of precision screwdrivers and you're good.

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It is kind of ridiculous that I don't have a pair of small clipper between having a metal and wood shop at the house lol. I have big ass ones, would never fit.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It is kind of ridiculous that I don't have a pair of small clipper between having a metal and wood shop at the house lol. I have big ass ones, would never fit.
NEVER ever in years of working minor electrical work, plumbing and general construction have I ever needed flush cutters until vaping. It's just never been an issue. But, it makes all the difference in vaping. When I didn't have them I'd have to pull the coil out and estimate how much to cut off, lost a few coils to bad guesses.

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I dont travel and build so I keep all the tools at the bench and dont really need a portable setup....If I did I would buy a Laptop bag and throw the most used tools in it to go.. My favorite Coiler is the UD Coiler with the cut at the end across...I just wish it had longer bits like the Coil Master V2 coiler does, thats the only gripe.
Nylon Pliers, Those Cutter, UD Coiler, and a par of Thread Nippers and you should have every basic thing you will need....
View attachment 47567
I have that exact screwdriver bit kit. Nice little kit. Use it all the time!

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
NEVER ever in years of working minor electrical work, plumbing and general construction have I ever needed flush cutters until vaping. It's just never been an issue. But, it makes all the difference in vaping. When I didn't have them I'd have to pull the coil out and estimate how much to cut off, lost a few coils to bad guesses.
Yea, that would suck!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I was thinking of why hasnt anyone made a Vise that fits into a drill like the ones I was looking for.but then I was thinking who other then a coil builder would ever need or use one?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was thinking of why hasnt anyone made a Vise that fits into a drill like the ones I was looking for.but then I was thinking who other then a coil builder would ever need or use one?
I'm waiting for the "coilmaster lathe" myself. I'm surprised I haven't seen any of those bigger shops set up something like that, they're not THAT expensive, and I'm sure there's some mcgyvery guy out there that'd build one specifically designed to auto clapton anything. I've seen crazier stuff on youtube.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm waiting for the "coilmaster lathe" myself. I'm surprised I haven't seen any of those bigger shops set up something like that, they're not THAT expensive, and I'm sure there's some mcgyvery guy out there that'd build one specifically designed to auto clapton anything. I've seen crazier stuff on youtube.
Thinking about that...I almost caved on a Rolling Mill for the Office so I wouldnt have to go my fathers garage to use his to work on wire, You can corrugate it, flattened it, press it with patterns and more...LINK (Would be useful if your outputting a decent amount or dont mind the price)

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Makes me think about fly tying tools, like for fly fishing. Isn't there something like that for tying flies?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Makes me think about fly tying tools, like for fly fishing. Isn't there something like that for tying flies?
No they use a solid stand with pulleys and crap...theres stuff thats similar but wouldnt do the same job. Good thing there are Bead people and watchmakers that need them....well thank god they made a handle on one or 2 different vises that actually fit a drill...they are supposed to be used by hand to twist/hold wires...thats about it.

A FULL FLEDGE CORRUGATOR!!! This is what them bastards on IG probably use...like f4rr3ll

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I had a zig zag machine back in the day, but it only made cylindrical pieces.
I bought one of these from china..should be here in a couple weeks LINK
Should do the same thing but only in one size...Now I see how f4rr3ll does all different sized corrugated wires in his builds..

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is what I wanted:
V15-13-2.jpg

All of the ones I have bought the handle is too fat for the drill..the only ones that will are ancient or very scarce

This is the one that fits the drill: LINK
Just cut some of that handle off and grind it down to fit. Or no?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just cut some of that handle off and grind it down to fit. Or no?
No its too wide all the way up....I have one on its way that will fit but I have 2 that dont even fit a 1/2" chuck...Oh well..Ill find a use for them

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So what are you using the nylon pliers for? I cant think of what youd want those for, unless its just to have a soft touch on the wire.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They're for twisting wire back into shape, like aliens. There's almost always at least a little bit of twist to them.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They actually had something like that at the vape show I went to last weekend, worked great for anything with two cores, even staggered fused, more than that though and they can't keep it flat. The owner of my local b&m picked on up so I'll be curious to see how well it works in the long run.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
27020.jpg

mmmmmmm micro lathe....maybe one day.....its cheap enough.
Yup yup, and thing is, it wouldn't be all that hard to put a motor on that stabilizing mount, add a chip board and some functions to calculate the core width and move along with it. Could simply strap everything in and press a button, after a minute boom clapton.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup yup, and thing is, it wouldn't be all that hard to put a motor on that stabilizing mount, add a chip board and some functions to calculate the core width and move along with it. Could simply strap everything in and press a button, after a minute boom clapton.
It says ' tailstock with live center', it may turn :eek: Or it might just mean it is not 'fixed' I wouldn't buy one just for wire but if I can find a legitimate other use or 2 for it then yep.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried looking for an affordable guitar string winder, which would be as perfect as you could possibly get for a vape coil wrapper, since theyre made with the computer chip and program and all that to wrap the core to exacting specifications, but I just couldnt find any for sale or even a price or anything. Just a couple companies that only build extremely large set ups meant for big manufacturing shops. But theres gotta be a personal home unit available somewhere for not tons of money (relatively).

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just throwing this in there. New mod about to drop from Homh Tech. I will be getting this for sure. Only 101w, but they have added the ability for all forms of SS built in (which are the only TC coil material I buy or build with) and the case looks smoother than the G1 or G2. Looking forward to when more info drops on it. Only thing is it uses 26650 battery. So I would have to buy those. Didn't know if anyone saw this yet so figured I would throw it out there for everyone that builds.

I have been looking for a smaller TC mod and since I love my G2 so much, not the hard edged hand feel though, I will more than likely snag one of these little beast up!

http://vaping360.com/hohm-tech-hohm-slice-preview/

http://sirrisc.urbandarkness.com/news-from-hohmtech/

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just throwing this in there. New mod about to drop from Homh Tech. I will be getting this for sure. Only 101w, but they have added the ability for all forms of SS built in (which are the only TC coil material I buy or build with) and the case looks smoother than the G1 or G2. Looking forward to when more info drops on it. Only thing is it uses 26650 battery. So I would have to buy those. Didn't know if anyone saw this yet so figured I would throw it out there for everyone that builds.

I have been looking for a smaller TC mod and since I love my G2 so much, not the hard edged hand feel though, I will more than likely snag one of these little beast up!

http://vaping360.com/hohm-tech-hohm-slice-preview/

http://sirrisc.urbandarkness.com/news-from-hohmtech/
Do you have any idea what the "flatline ohm" means in the description?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only thing that I can think of is the way that the FSK chip is able to TC all types of metal. Normal room temp on your atty and then the FSK chip does all the math and processing and negates the increase of temp. There is a video done by Homh Tech for the G2 where they talk about and explain their thought process of how they changed up the TC game and how the process works. I will look for it and post it up here.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only thing that I can think of is the way that the FSK chip is able to TC all types of metal. Normal room temp on your atty and then the FSK chip does all the math and processing and negates the increase of temp. There is a video done by Homh Tech for the G2 where they talk about and explain their thought process of how they changed up the TC game and how the process works. I will look for it and post it up here.
@AnthonyLouis

VU Sponsors