Become a Patron!

Post your builds

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The whole point of using ketchup is because it has two acids - one from the vinegar, and one from the tomato product. Lemon juice and vinegar will work as well as the ketchup. It eats away at the finish, "cleaning" it. Personally, I think this is all overkill, like way overboard. My dry toothbrush keeps my NC nice and clean, and the US cleaner just tweaks it - not necessary, but I have one so I might as well use it.
Good point, I've just been using a polishing cloth I happen to have, but my Tres Equis needed a good thorough cleaning (it was having issues) so I figured might as well give the NC a nice bath at the same time. Those things shinned up nicely.

Last edited:

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
SS 316L 28/36 fc's wicked with rayon. .28Ω 52w @ 380 degrees TC. Outstanding clean flavor. A guy over at eliq recipes sent me a sample bag of rayon, like a years worth, very nice of him.
DSC_0008.png

Once again the dna200 will not read 316L. Some do, some don't. Mine is of the latter persuasion.
DSC_0003.png

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I actually just used Ketchup when cleaning my Goon...I tried getting the Bars flat again also...I did a lower resistance Alien so I could use a single coil setup in the goon to see how it performs. I think when my polishing kit comes in Im goiing to Mirror Polish the Goons Top Cap and the Posts of the TM Squared.
3 x 24N80/36N80 Alien Staged with 22KA1 (6/5 wraps with 3mm ID @ .06 Ohms)

20160419_153300.jpg 20160419_153437.jpg 20160419_153252.jpg 20160419_153442.jpg

UPDATE: Im removing the 22KA1 staging..

Last edited:

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm a happy camper 2x24/38
56fbd3079c70b974ee25963088ee3b72.jpg

f805481cf3532dd01672215d96dc8c1f.jpg
some slight colors until i lost my patience today lol

sent from a dumb operated smart phone

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SS 316L 28/36 fc's wicked with rayon. .28Ω 52w @ 380 degrees TC. Outstanding clean flavor. A guy over at eliq recipes sent me a sample bag of rayon, like a years worth, very nice of him.
View attachment 48135

Once again the dna200 will not read 316L. Some do, some don't. Mine is of the latter persuasion.
View attachment 48134
The only way I get ss to work best on the dna200 is to use wire wizard for the base curve, then plug you mod into your PC, use escribe to load the curve, then take a hit and feel the tank up and control during the pull. I always find it doesn't get warm enough even if I change temp. So then I just manually adjust the temp curve. A little at a time is all it takes. Then you will basically custom tailor a temp curve you like. I did that for the stock Uwell Crown coils and for my 430ss fc's I build. I just have two separate profiles on my mod for them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The only way I get ss to work best on the dna200 is to use wire wizard for the base curve, then plug you mod into your PC, use escribe to load the curve, then take a hit and feel the tank up and control during the pull. I always find it doesn't get warm enough even if I change temp. So then I just manually adjust the temp curve. A little at a time is all it takes. Then you will basically custom tailor a temp curve you like. I did that for the stock Uwell Crown coils and for my 430ss fc's I build. I just have two separate profiles on my mod for them.

Apparently the problem is a bit deeper with this one. Have spent some hours trying different .csv's, tweaking them, tried just tcr, mutiple attys, etc. etc. Two long threads at the evolve forum went into this issue, and I see there is another new one now. Some others experienced the same issue that mine has, and the folks who had boards that worked were sure that those that didn't just weren't doing something right and those with boards that don't work with 316L were sure that those with boards that work were ignoring the real problem :D. The evolve guys just kept out of it and wouldn't say anything, even when directly asked/called out for some explanation and help. It works fine with SS430, Ti, Ni, NiFe and Kanthal/Nicrome with TC turned off, so I give up. The joyetech boards work with 316L so that's what I use for that wire. If only someone would carry more gauges of 430, sigh....

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What are you using to clean the contacts and everything for the NC? I finally get one this week and want to make sure I have what is needed to keep it in line and firing correctly!

I take the button apart and put it and the cap in my ultrasonic cleaner. Have to do it once a week.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey guys:)

Just popped in here.

Haven't been around the forums much lately.. Been focused on school. But good news! I passed my final!!!

Ahhh God damn it's all done! Anyways I'll be looking forward to keeping up with the thread again... And some serious building shall come in the next day or two, my attys allll need new coils :( haven't even had time to make coils - but I do now!!!!!!!!!

:):):)

Matt

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys:)

Just popped in here.

Haven't been around the forums much lately.. Been focused on school. But good news! I passed my final!!!

Ahhh God damn it's all done! Anyways I'll be looking forward to keeping up with the thread again... And some serious building shall come in the next day or two, my attys allll need new coils :( haven't even had time to make coils - but I do now!!!!!!!!!

:):):)

Matt
Grats! Nothing like finishing a final and feeling good about it, even better when you get the results and find out that good feeling wasn't for naught.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Grats! Nothing like finishing a final and feeling good about it, even better when you get the results and find out that good feeling wasn't for naught.
I promise there were no good feelings after completing it... The good feelings are slowly starting to come out and I found out I passed a few hours ago..

All that stress and no sleep was worth it. Now that I'm aware of now!

Matt

Vapin_4_Real

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Also need to work on my micro clapton game, shits freakin hard with no swives... need swivels.
Make sure you get the ball bearing swivels. I tried with the regular barrel swivels and well umm... dont even waste your money. Those barrel ones are a piece of shit. I got my ball bearing ones from Academy. 5 pack for 5 bucks.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
rmSYC8u.jpg

Only thing I can fit in my Goon clone until I source some longer screws, even here one is stolen from a different RDA (one on far right).
The screws that come with it are useless.

Fire!

.18Ω 3mm id
The Authentic's screws suck also...I have a 40 peice driver kit and not one bit fits the screws perfectly....very odd. I want to replace them with Torx screws...

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Authentic's screws suck also...I have a 40 peice driver kit and not one bit fits the screws perfectly....very odd. I want to replace them with Torx screws...
I think they will be m2, wanna get some 6-8mm ones to try in them, I can get flattened wires only in the suckers as it is or they don't tighten down.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think they will be m2, wanna get some 6-8mm ones to try in them, I can get flattened wires only in the suckers as it is or they don't tighten down.
I was thinking M3 as the Double Vision Screw fit in the holes fine....maybe these? LINK (May have to get 6mm length though

PERFECT? LINK

Gold Plated Button Head Allen Screws M3x6 LINK

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thinking M3 as the Double Vision Screw fit in the holes fine....maybe these? LINK (May have to get 6mm length though

PERFECT? LINK

Gold Plated Button Head Allen Screws M3x6 LINK

They look good but not sure clone is same size screws as authentic, I got a screw from the IGO-W plus to (only just) allow me to tighten down.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
They look good but not sure clone is same size screws as authentic, I got a screw from the IGO-W plus to (only just) allow me to tighten down.

Well that's some happy horseshit. Have a clone on the way, please post the source if/when you find some replacements. Thanks

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Got the Handvise in that fits....
20160420_115048.jpg 20160420_115131.jpg

I tried doing something similar to what Guatch did awhile ago, actually I tried replicating the pattern but failed with the most outer wrap...Ill work on it. I used all .5 Ribbon Core Wrapped in Alien Wrap and then Framed with 22KA1 and Tried another Alien Wrap over that...didnt work out well so I used .3 Ribbon to Fused it all.

8 x .5R/36N80 Alien Core, 22KA1 Frames/ .3 Ribbon:

20160420_123610.jpg 20160420_125258.jpg 20160420_130031.jpg 20160420_130040.jpg 20160420_130620.jpg 20160420_130631.jpg 20160420_131129.jpg 20160420_131229.jpg

Last edited:

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well that's some happy horseshit. Have a clone on the way, please post the source if/when you find some replacements. Thanks
I am ordering a bunch of screws from FT, as I have got something working well in there that will last a long long time - is no rush for me to get the screws in. In other news I found my squonk pin for the Velocity and it works with the dripbox...woo. Somebody should make a barrel/topcap to replace the rubbish one on the atomiser you get with the dripbox kit. Air slots should be about 2mm lower on the barrel and you would be good.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
There is enough room to raise the coils up to where the air hits them.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Anyone see this new RDA? I wonder how it is build on. Open slots on the posts... so you could squeeze some wide wire into this... just not sure how thick the coil could be to fit into the slot...

http://www.3fvape.com/rebuildable-a...tml?search_query=druid&results=2#.Vxd-jzArKUk
Yeah I've seen it!

Fresh look adds some flare to my IG feed.

I can't find any pictures of what I had seen, but it looks like you can fit whatever you want in it, if you twist the lead vetically. If you don't it would be like trying to clamp the goon down on a vertical lead... It doesn't work as well..

I've seen some intricate framed staple helix thingys in that RDA on my feed.. If I see another I'll post it up.

Matt

RedheadedBStarD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tried to make a fused reef coil last night. Failed miserably twice threw it all in the trash and will try again in a few days hahaha. I tried it by fusing 2x28g with twisted 0.5x.01 ribbon as I don't have any lower gauge wire to do a single core.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@raymo2u

I'm gonna try that build...

Maybe 2 core alien, framed and wrapped in the ribbon? Maybe 3 core. Either way I'm gonna give it a go!

Matt

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@raymo2u

I'm gonna try that build...

Maybe 2 core alien, framed and wrapped in the ribbon? Maybe 3 core. Either way I'm gonna give it a go!

Matt
I think next time Ill use a 3 Core All Kanthal and Flatten it then frame it in 28KA1 and try wrapping it in Alien. I tried claptoning 22KA1 for the Alien outer most wrap and I think it wasnt large enough still...but Im unsure, Ill try and make it smaller over all and retry I guess. I was thinking of doing a Staggerton but I dont want to waste the little bit of Ribbon I have if it does end up failing. I wish Ribbon was cheaper...

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think next time Ill use a 3 Core All Kanthal and Flatten it then frame it in 28KA1 and try wrapping it in Alien. I tried claptoning 22KA1 for the Alien outer most wrap and I think it wasnt large enough still...but Im unsure, Ill try and make it smaller over all and retry I guess. I was thinking of doing a Staggerton but I dont want to waste the little bit of Ribbon I have if it does end up failing. I wish Ribbon was cheaper...
I've given up on the staples and variants for now.. So I have ribbon and nothing to do with it but clapton with it..

I just can't get the ribbon to stack and I every time I tried it obviously I was going through medic school, the anger from the ribbon wire was real... I just gave it up.

May try again now that I'm done...

I'd imagine that the alien framed with a ribbon clapton would have even more wicking properties than an alien...

I'll have to look at resistance though.

I imagine 28g core for the alien, 26 for the frame wires.

Matt

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You guys seen this??!

Looking into it now to see if it's real, and if it's really DotMod...

8cb6b85ddfcaa001f08970d888f8bda8.jpg

DotMod DNA200???

Matt

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Chef had a group buy with it included lol
Yeah - $165. One person bought one as part of the group buy and the other 4 sold for $199 in less than 24 hours. Dotmod is limiting them to 5 units per account.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Got the Handvise in that fits....
View attachment 48210 View attachment 48206

I tried doing something similar to what Guatch did awhile ago, actually I tried replicating the pattern but failed with the most outer wrap...Ill work on it. I used all .5 Ribbon Core Wrapped in Alien Wrap and then Framed with 22KA1 and Tried another Alien Wrap over that...didnt work out well so I used .3 Ribbon to Fused it all.

8 x .5R/36N80 Alien Core, 22KA1 Frames/ .3 Ribbon:

View attachment 48205 View attachment 48204 View attachment 48208 View attachment 48209 View attachment 48203 View attachment 48207 View attachment 48201 View attachment 48202
Where did you find that one the one I have fits but it's really long which threw all my spacing off plus I'm so afraid to really use the other one be causer they just stopped making them.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You guys always inspire me to start doing some crazy things I can't wait until this weekend when I'm kid free and can swear openly at my wire don't have to worry about little ears 1) hearing the words and 2) thinking their mother is batshit crazy for swearing at wire but hey they don't know the frustration sometimes.

Sent from the iPad in the basement of vapement

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where did you find that one the one I have fits but it's really long which threw all my spacing off plus I'm so afraid to really use the other one be causer they just stopped making them.

Can you cut off some of the handle to make the vise closer to the drill chuck?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You guys always inspire me to start doing some crazy things I can't wait until this weekend when I'm kid free and can swear openly at my wire don't have to worry about little ears 1) hearing the words and 2) thinking their mother is batshit crazy for swearing at wire but hey they don't know the frustration sometimes.

Sent from the iPad in the basement of vapement
A few clippings of leads on their floor at bedtime will remind them why you sometimes yell when playing with them ;)

VU Sponsors