Become a Patron!

Post your builds

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah but it needs to be nearly on the plastic topcap.

Wish you hadn't said that, now I taste plastic lol. But looking at the cap don't see anything melting. No worries, just a novelty anyways. But it is small and light enough that it comes along as a backup at times.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It's a 3 cell Lipo battery, which an effective equivalent of a 2700mah 18650.
But isnt it 3 in series and 1 in parallel? 11.1V is 3S, unless its 3S3P? I thought they adjusted for Wh to get higher life out of the 3S battery.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Like when a spool unravels?
When something dumb happens and that's usually it or once in a while when I get to the middle I mess up so I get no usable wire out of that's another one. I'm still very much a favorite of 316L SS fused claptons. I think as far as flavor there's not much out there that beats it.

Last edited:

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
A few clippings of leads on their floor at bedtime will remind them why you sometimes yell when playing with them ;)
All I can say is good thing my shots are up to date I put a rug I didn't care much about down under my build station and every once in a while if I'm not wearing sneakers that has me swearing for a whole other reason. A few have gone threw my hand when I got on the floor to look for something teach me to not hold as I clip those lil biatches

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
All I can say is good thing my shots are up to date I put a rug I didn't care much about down under my build station and every once in a while if I'm not wearing sneakers that has me swearing for a whole other reason. A few have gone threw my hand when I got on the floor to look for something teach me to not hold as I clip those lil biatches
Ive had magnets hold Ribbon on a mod and when I went to wipe it off...Ribbon sure can go in deep and I love when it bends after it goes in..

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
set up a framed staple today for my first time. using brand new swivels (2x 220 lbs). took forever to set up the wires and then about three inches in a swivel blows and fucks it all up :gaah:

decided to keep trying, but just regular staples (8 x .4mm cores + 32g wrap). came out almost perfect somehow
Capture.PNG
dont know what to put it in. my black goon clone showed up yesterday but i havnt picked it up yet. i think ill wait for that...

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When something dumb happens and that's usually it or once in a while when I get to the middle I mess up so I get no usable wire out of that's another one. I'm still very much a favorite of 316L SS fused claptons. I think as far as flavor there's not much out there that beets it.
They taste like beets? huh? :p, They are pretty great. I just have trouble with getting them high enough resistance. I think I need some 28g SS.

MR.G.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't know about the quality of this wire, but the price is good. $19 delivered for 330' of 0.5 x 0.1

http://www.wireandstuff.co.uk/produ...--FeCrAl-alloy----28.69-ohms-m-63.html#SID=50

For a company in the same country as me to take 2-3weeks to deliver some bloody wire, that's not good.

I ordered a load of ribbon a little while back and when it arrived one spool had about 4 or 5 ends sticking out of it and on top of that there was twisted and kinked ribbon!
I sent them a pic of the mess and had no reply but is up to you if you wanna take the gamble, I just needed to enlighten you :)

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
They taste like beets? huh? :p, They are pretty great. I just have trouble with getting them high enough resistance. I think I need some 28g SS.
Damn it first I put beat but then I remembered some rule about it has b"eat" in it so it's the one you eat English was not a class I made it to too often. I run 28g for FC. And 24&26 for reg claptons. I just love having the 37g SS I need do to do another order of 37,34&31 which is about 40,000ft of SS for 60$ plus 15$ S&H but it's worth it because you get one pound rolls so 37 is 18,200ft there's no way anyone can compete against that price see I didn't use beet or beat

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Use KA1 Ribbon and get .4. Use 4 x .4/24KA1/38KD and that should keep you above .1 in Dual Coil

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
For a company in the same country as me to take 2-3weeks to deliver some bloody wire, that's not good.

I ordered a load of ribbon a little while back and when it arrived one spool had about 4 or 5 ends sticking out of it and on top of that there was twisted and kinked ribbon!
I sent them a pic of the mess and had no reply but is up to you if you wanna take the gamble, I just needed to enlighten you :)

Well fuck that then, especially if it's bloody...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I noticed alot of spools lately have the wire wrapped pretty shitty on the spool and I have to keep slipping the end through the wire its under and get va good length and do it again...I notice that only KP spools havent done it yet but all the other brands Ive tried have...one of the reasons I will be stocking up from only KP from now on...K.Bee, Atomist, and other brands seems hit or miss with this crap lately..

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Damn it first I put beat but then I remembered some rule about it has b"eat" in it so it's the one you eat English was not a class I made it to too often. I run 28g for FC. And 24&26 for reg claptons. I just love having the 37g SS I need do to do another order of 37,34&31 which is about 40,000ft of SS for 60$ plus 15$ S&H but it's worth it because you get one pound rolls so 37 is 18,200ft there's no way anyone can compete against that price see I didn't use beet or beat
Yeah I need to grab the 28g, got the 24g and 26g (even some 22g). I saw Kidney Puncher has 40g too! could make a nice long lasting FC with that stuff.

(And I just can't help but poke fun at, what are to me, hilarious mistakes in word usage)

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Use KA1 Ribbon and get .4. Use 4 x .4/24KA1/38KD and that should keep you above .1 in Dual Coil
Talking Stainless Steel, I do need to try some staples though, I got .3 without thinking about it, and god I don't want to even try to stack those, but I'll give it a shot eventually, just have enough things on my list to do.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Talking Stainless Steel, I do need to try some staples though, I got .3 without thinking about it, and god I don't want to even try to stack those, but I'll give it a shot eventually, just have enough things on my list to do.
I find it easier to get them all together and put your finger behind them then bend them slightly just to make a rounded curve out of the entire length of them, then they snap into position and the ones that havent you can pull out and place on top, then bind them

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Built a pair of Reef Coils this evening but I can't get a good pic, I'm a little bummed because they look pretty bad ass. I haven't loaded them yet so I don't know what they read, but I used 2 x .5mm ribbon and twisted the shit out of it and 24g A1. It took about 15' of ribbon, and I have about 8" left over. I wrapped them around a 2mm screw driver 6 wraps each. It's the first time I tried to do it so they aren't perfect but they turned out damn nice. I will try and get a pic of them once I install them.

RedheadedBStarD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Built a pair of Reef Coils this evening but I can't get a good pic, I'm a little bummed because they look pretty bad ass. I haven't loaded them yet so I don't know what they read, but I used 2 x .5mm ribbon and twisted the shit out of it and 24g A1. It took about 15' of ribbon, and I have about 8" left over. I wrapped them around a 2mm screw driver 6 wraps each. It's the first time I tried to do it so they aren't perfect but they turned out damn nice. I will try and get a pic of them once I install them.

Im jealous. I was trying a fused reef the other day, but failed a few times. I will come back to it another day.

RedheadedBStarD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
4 loop vertebraid. Mixed gauges of 2x28g N80 and 2x30g K1. Couldn't fire it as I've only got a kbox mini right now and I'm getting a flashing 0.1 ohms. I'll have to wait until I can borrow a better mod again to colour it up. I think it will look pretty good when I do.

vHvuBXG.jpgl

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey raymo, mounted your coils on the underground, clippee a little bit off the legs to match up with the side air, plus with this guy i noticed if you put the coil direct on top of bottom airflow you dont get leaks, which it never has on me. Anyway, check em out. Came out to .52 should be a nice vape on my new piece.
82f8e0f333266b072ee786c9609e7d97.jpg

75303a4ca2cad6e21c43eeecb1b7b857.jpg

80110e01cb26f5821afee152c82da617.jpg

6ac0712720911e8ad009ff0fe5529fdc.jpg

Even as hell. Very nice, thanks again.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

mgalyan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The vapor fairy left two Tsunami RDA's, a VCMT RTA, and a Griffin RTA in my mailbox today.

Guess what I did this afternoon?

dhK2uhl.jpg

uGCSCLQ.jpg

opqQpk1.jpg

BtjlraF.jpg

12mg Nic is way too high on any of these. I don't have anything lower! AH!

Edit: BTW, these Tsunami clone RDA's are the beez-neez. They are absolutely phenomenal in terms of both flavor and vapor production.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ugh I need to rebuild my Griffin like yesterday. What's everyone rockin in theirs? Tired of the same old fused claptons in it.

Matt

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ugh I need to rebuild my Griffin like yesterday. What's everyone rockin in theirs? Tired of the same old fused claptons in it.

Matt
Still rocking the Aliens I got from Chef, just no reason to change it up. I did start wicking with the scottish role style but other than that, same coils and still looking great.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Still rocking the Aliens I got from Chef, just no reason to change it up. I did start wicking with the scottish role style but other than that, same coils and still looking great.
I might do some two core aliens.. Or smaller gauge cores. I haven't put aliens in it since I ordered more 28.. The 26G aliens just didn't fit enough wraps in there to get the resistance where I wanted it.

I'm thinking I might try something basic and see how it performs. We all know it does well with the clapton style builds. Maybe a simple zipper?

Matt

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I might do some two core aliens.. Or smaller gauge cores. I haven't put aliens in it since I ordered more 28.. The 26G aliens just didn't fit enough wraps in there to get the resistance where I wanted it.

I'm thinking I might try something basic and see how it performs. We all know it does well with the clapton style builds. Maybe a simple zipper?

Matt
Zipper's made out of claptoned 28g? :shades:

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oooh....

I'll have something up in a bit... Wonder if they'll fit in the posts if the griffin?

Matt
According to Steam-engine, if you use above 36g (as in 37 or above) it should. 36g would be a 1.23mm thickness which would be .03 more than it's supposed to fit.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I finally managed to stick those Coilception coils in something tonight. Put em in the Petri V2 clone I got yesterday, with a dual set up at 2.5mm its at a 0.36ohm. Damn. Its a bit higher than I really like but too low to put on the Noisy Cricket. Probably gonna run them a while and see how they do, but first impression is "what a waste of wire" lol. Flavor isnt there, retains a lot of heat, and in order to get a decent vape from it I have to really crank it, and then its too hot. Just a mess lol

Oh well, at least I can say "Yea, I can make those"

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I finally managed to stick those Coilception coils in something tonight. Put em in the Petri V2 clone I got yesterday, with a dual set up at 2.5mm its at a 0.36ohm. Damn. Its a bit higher than I really like but too low to put on the Noisy Cricket. Probably gonna run them a while and see how they do, but first impression is "what a waste of wire" lol. Flavor isnt there, retains a lot of heat, and in order to get a decent vape from it I have to really crank it, and then its too hot. Just a mess lol

You can put that on the NC, may be warm, but it's not dangerous if you use decent batteries. That said with that much wire, not sure how great the wire would be. But, I haven't seen anyone say the claptriception coil has been a great vape, just cool to do.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It would be dangerous if I didnt have VTC4s in it, that set up would draw something like 25 amps. But yea, Im not gonna put it on the Cricket cuz no doubt it would be far too warm a vape for my tastes. Im running it on my RX200 at about 80 watts and that already gets too warm after a couple hits, and thats less than half the wattage it would be on the Cricket lol.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Anybody build something cool on the Uwell Rafale x RDA yet? That neutral post sounds interesting.
Just checked it out.. Interesting parallel circuit set up.

You can do a single coil, or quads, your resistance stays the same. Pretty neat.

Would be awesome to have for series builds, but other than that there's no need for it that I can see, at least for myself, because regulated devices exist...

I'm gonna have to read up about the set up on that guy, though. It looks cool on the surface.

Matt

Here's a shot of the deck. It's an RDA...

050a90b37eb00eb9de0bb95d1b536910.jpg

I've seen one or two shots of the deck with the middle negative post taken out, making it a two post deck.

Last edited:

RedheadedBStarD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just checked it out.. Interesting parallel circuit set up.

You can do a single coil, or quads, your resistance stays the same. Pretty neat.

Would be awesome to have for series builds, but other than that there's no need for it that I can see, at least for myself, because regulated devices exist...

I'm gonna have to read up about the set up on that guy, though. It looks cool on the surface.

Matt

Here's a shot of the deck. It's an RDA...

050a90b37eb00eb9de0bb95d1b536910.jpg

I've seen one or two shots of the deck with the middle negative post taken out, making it a two post deck.

2 monsterous intricate coils in series interests me. You double the ohmage instead of halving it. Less issues with low resistance limitations.

Also it's a 24mm deck. Always good.

thermo289

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think I should try something like this any tips for wrapping, or is it pretty basic?

VapeGoon_2015

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think I should try something like this any tips for wrapping, or is it pretty basic?

One of my buddies showed me a super easy way to wrap stuff like that. He does it the opposite way I do. The way I do it is I wrap my twisted as a coil. Then I take the regular round wire and just wrap it in between the coil. It makes it super easy to keep them tight. Once I am finished I pull both leads super tight and shape them as needed. I find its a bit easier to get the round wire to wrap inside the twisted coil then doing it the opposite way. The opposite way helps with keeping things tighter right off the bat tho.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I had hot everything in my Petri clone, found going lower suited it better. Have .11Ω build in it now and it is fine and dandy chucking clowdz for kicks.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, finally got time to wrap some wire this AM before work while the rest of the house was asleep!

2x28k/40k... 3.5mm... 9 wraps... .51 ohm

Deck = Tsunami clone (3fvape)

Have not fired it, built during lunch hour, and will go out on my afternoon walk around the plant and test it out. Will report back after that.

Attachments

• IMG_0147.JPG
    IMG_0147.JPG
    979 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0149.JPG
    IMG_0149.JPG
    1,004.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0150.JPG
    IMG_0150.JPG
    927.4 KB · Views: 31

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had hot everything in my Petri clone, found going lower suited it better. Have .11Ω build in it now and it is fine and dandy chucking clowdz for kicks.

How are those v2 clones holding out? Aside from what I have read from you guys about the screws being junk.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only issue I had with the Petri clone was everything was hot in it so I kept going higher Ω - was only when I went lower Ω it actually got a lot better :D Screws issue is with the Goon clone, my screws are way too short. ray said the screws in the authentic Goon were poor but not too short just bad phillips slots. I like the vape I am getting from the Goon clone though at 100w its flavourclouds all over the place, just those damn screws are annoying.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, just went for my afternoon walk with the NC...

I didn't get as much vapor as I thought I would. Need to mess with my air control I'm sure. However, flavor... hot damn! Nic hit was also immense! HAH All I have with me is my 6mg juice. Helped me pace out my hits though!

It is a fun little mod though. Funny how small that dude is. So simplistic... didn't realize just how simplistic it really was until after I had it in hand.

The second pic is of it next to my Lavabox with the extended battery with Alleria v1 sitting on top.

Attachments

• IMG_0151[1].JPG
    IMG_0151[1].JPG
    1 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0152[1].JPG
    IMG_0152[1].JPG
    901.9 KB · Views: 30

VU Sponsors