Become a Patron!

Post your builds

MR.G.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive been vaping on a plain bog standard single coil between the posts in my griffin, 2.5id 24g, have tryed ss and kanthal(not both at same time)and both are good but the juice lasts a lot longer and tastes and hits well

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Only issue I had with the Petri clone was everything was hot in it so I kept going higher Ω - was only when I went lower Ω it actually got a lot better :D Screws issue is with the Goon clone, my screws are way too short. ray said the screws in the authentic Goon were poor but not too short just bad phillips slots. I like the vape I am getting from the Goon clone though at 100w its flavourclouds all over the place, just those damn screws are annoying.
The Authentic Screws are 6mm in Length, if that helps. I cant wait for my Hex and Torx screws get here so I can replace them...Im just worried about the coating on the Torx Screws....but they arent the ones glowing so I doubt it will be an issue but they will be scrubbed clean on arrival!

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only issue I had with the Petri clone was everything was hot in it so I kept going higher Ω - was only when I went lower Ω it actually got a lot better :D Screws issue is with the Goon clone, my screws are way too short. ray said the screws in the authentic Goon were poor but not too short just bad phillips slots. I like the vape I am getting from the Goon clone though at 100w its flavourclouds all over the place, just those damn screws are annoying.

OK cool, glad I was just getting them mixed up. Sounds good and thank for the info!

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For those here with the NC or with a Tsunami, what can I do to get a more dense vape on my setup? I am assuming it has to do with my coil build. The vape is pretty mellow too. Not hot at all... hardly even warm at that.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What are you running on the NC? What wire and ohm?

Im running 28/34 fused claptons at about a 0.45 and I get a perfect warm and dense vape from it.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Authentic Screws are 6mm in Length, if that helps. I cant wait for my Hex and Torx screws get here so I can replace them...Im just worried about the coating on the Torx Screws....but they arent the ones glowing so I doubt it will be an issue but they will be scrubbed clean on arrival!
Thanks Ray I have ordered 6 and 8 in m2 and m2.5 now the long wait, also ordered a glass cap velocity mini he he - that glass will last a week I reckon before I smash it but hey $5 :)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So take it down to 7 wraps on each side then?

That build still cool on Sammy 25r's.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Well thats what Ive been using in the Twisted Messes Gold on the Lucifer....Batteries dont get warm. Ive done 8 Wraps also and that may be better if your concerned, its just a bit warmer of a vape.
Lucifer.png

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, finally got time to wrap some wire this AM before work while the rest of the house was asleep!

2x28k/40k... 3.5mm... 9 wraps... .51 ohm

Deck = Tsunami clone (3fvape)

Have not fired it, built during lunch hour, and will go out on my afternoon walk around the plant and test it out. Will report back after that.
Is that coil master unit worth buying? I have looked at for some time

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you so much. I'm a toy slut. It just looks so neat. I am always looking out for ways to build better coils. I have Lightning Vapes on speed dial. I have more wire than some phone company's.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
89243fe9ed84fb387ee5d6159ebabead.jpg

6c64053219aed77f1dcdfc3e56cc7e41.jpg

This is my cricket build, in the 13heavens 9 hella rda. .35.
Its that 4x32k twisted wire from ud, i got a small roll for free and couldnt find anything else to do with it so i claptoned it around 26n80.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Might have even been over 24n80 i dont remember its an old build going strong for a few months.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Its that 4x32k twisted wire from ud, i got a small roll for free and couldnt find anything else to do with it so i claptoned it around 26n80.

I have a 13h9h that I am going to use for my next build for the cricket. Then I will build one of my indestructibles for the cricket. I just need to figure out two different builds for those.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

sweet!

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I wanna ask this here since the people posting in this thread are probably the same ones thatd know the answer.

I wanna get another series mech. The Cricket has me hooked and regular mechs and regulated mods just arent cutting it for me anymore. Ideally I want to get a Hammer of God V2 clone, but I cant seem to find one in the US for a decent price. I mean, $60-$70-$80 just seems like a lot for a clone that may have questionable construction and shit out like Raymos. Im more looking in the $40 range for one. Anyone know where to pick one up for that? Or know where to pick one up in the US at all? Other series mods I should check out? The parallel series has me extra interested for the extra amperage headroom, but Id check out a regular one (heard the Lucifer is a good one). Or fuck, just any nice mechs period I should look at. Point me in the right direction.

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Haven't posted a build in here in quite some time, but I just did a new one I am calling "Vape Squared"
2 strands of 24 gauge kanthal twisted, then hammered flat
c5c3c8f04e8458003047a028ce9befdf (2).jpg

Hammering it flat creates gaps through the wires.

Then, I wrap it on a 2.4mm mandrel (size of mandrel needed for the square effect will depend on pitch of twist..tighter the twist, smaller the mandrel), comes out in a cool square shape....
d39a3753218b5a8779c801e1b18f4e38.jpg

Ohms at .44, flavor is on par with a clapton coil, but less popping....great surface area!

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I wanna ask this here since the people posting in this thread are probably the same ones thatd know the answer.

I wanna get another series mech. The Cricket has me hooked and regular mechs and regulated mods just arent cutting it for me anymore. Ideally I want to get a Hammer of God V2 clone, but I cant seem to find one in the US for a decent price. I mean, $60-$70-$80 just seems like a lot for a clone that may have questionable construction and shit out like Raymos. Im more looking in the $40 range for one. Anyone know where to pick one up for that? Or know where to pick one up in the US at all? Other series mods I should check out? The parallel series has me extra interested for the extra amperage headroom, but Id check out a regular one (heard the Lucifer is a good one). Or fuck, just any nice mechs period I should look at. Point me in the right direction.

Click here: http://focalecig.com/Product/Hammer-Of-God-V2-Style18650-Mechanical-Box-ModBlack-Gold-30661

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

I love my Lucifer...

That HOG V1 took some pretty insane builds bud...it died after firing a .04 (Basically a Dead Short build)...You wont be building anything near that range with the V2 (Ive built as low as .09 on the HOG V2 and it didnt have any issues...I wouldnt worry about destroying it unless you going to go lower then I did...

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks man. I certainly wont be going lower than a .09 lol (at first I thought you wrote 0.9 because .09 just doesnt compute for a series build), thats fuckin insane for a series mod. Thats pushing well over 750 watts and 90 amps! No wonder you sent one into nuclear meltdown lmao.

I dig the Lucifer too, just by looks and the ability to swap between series and parallel, but something about the HoG just screams "GET ME". I needs it. That and a Mason 40mm. I know you have one of those as well, how do you like it? The build deck looks crazy, bet you can fit some massive builds in there.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks man. I certainly wont be going lower than a .09 lol (at first I thought you wrote 0.9 because .09 just doesnt compute for a series build), thats fuckin insane for a series mod. Thats pushing well over 750 watts and 90 amps! No wonder you sent one into nuclear meltdown lmao.

I dig the Lucifer too, just by looks and the ability to swap between series and parallel, but something about the HoG just screams "GET ME". I needs it. That and a Mason 40mm. I know you have one of those as well, how do you like it? The build deck looks crazy, bet you can fit some massive builds in there.
You thinking of the other mod..I didnt melt the Series Hog, I melted the Quad Parallel HOG.

I havent found a build that perfectly suits the area/airflow yet on the Mason 40mm...still tinkering with that RDA, I would get the 30,, version if I were you.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I got the HOGV2 clone and a Temple RDA clone from Focal. I was hoping like hell to avoid a chinese retailer but fuck it, Ill just try to forget about this order for the next 2 weeks until it finally shows up. I tried to get a Lucifer too, but they were out of stock and would add another week to the wait time.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Haven't posted a build in here in quite some time, but I just did a new one I am calling "Vape Squared"
2 strands of 24 gauge kanthal twisted, then hammered flat
View attachment 48554

Hammering it flat creates gaps through the wires.

Then, I wrap it on a 2.4mm mandrel (size of mandrel needed for the square effect will depend on pitch of twist..tighter the twist, smaller the mandrel), comes out in a cool square shape....
View attachment 48555

Ohms at .44, flavor is on par with a clapton coil, but less popping....great surface area!
Thats a "Boneyard" Coil bud ;) but nice share

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It kinda is, but ahhhh I hate the wait! lol

I bought a few things from china a couple weeks ago (Goon, Petri V2, heatsinks, drip tips) and it was super rewarding finally getting it all in hand, but the wait damn near killed me. I feel itll be even worse with the HoG V2.

Oh well, at least it gives me time to clean out the collection and raise some of those funds back.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So many authentics are limited runs, impossible to get hold of, more expensive than a TV for 1 inch of steel tube...if it wasn't for china we would never get to try them.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea some are. Some clones are really well made too. Tobeco makes great clones. The ones from 3F are really great as well. I have a TFV4 clone that is BETTER than the 2 authentics I have, so clones can be great...or they could be shit like that guys Petri with the jacked up holes. lol

I went and got a new drill today too. My old B&D 8.5 volt was run down and the battery wouldnt hold a charge, finally had to get a new one. Picked up a 2 speed B&D 20 volt. Charging the battery now and then gonna wrap up some Fraples to throw in the new Twisted Messes Squared.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@raymo Shit looks tip top.
A lot of series/hybrid mech mods hitting the market there is one i have my eye on....

a17a975543832fa67f5094f524aa63ab.jpg

Its going for 95bucks preorder not bad for copper internals... will definitely have my eye out for that.

Also the mcm underground is back in stock at dragonsdenvapor and its 150$usd.

Dragonsdenvapor also has el diablo lucifer in stock for like 175$usd whixh isnt bad considering its a 2 for 1.... will probably pull the trigger within the next couple weeks sinxe i spent a whole lot last week and i have the wife hovering over my moves like a hawk stalking its prey.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@raymo Shit looks tip top.
A lot of series/hybrid mech mods hitting the market there is one i have my eye on....

a17a975543832fa67f5094f524aa63ab.jpg

Its going for 95bucks preorder not bad for copper internals... will definitely have my eye out for that.

Also the mcm underground is back in stock at dragonsdenvapor and its 150$usd.

Dragonsdenvapor also has el diablo lucifer in stock for like 175$usd whixh isnt bad considering its a 2 for 1.... will probably pull the trigger within the next couple weeks sinxe i spent a whole lot last week and i have the wife hovering over my moves like a hawk stalking its prey.

Actually I was looking as that Unico Box with the Built in RDA with the extra 510 on it...and the Ballistic Trigger Mod looks nice...but I cant afford it right now, I actually may end up selling my Exodus soon...

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok so a while ago i bought a bunch of spools of pre-made wire (clapton, triple twist, fused clapton etc). turns out im not a huge fan of plain clapton wire, and i started making my own fancy stuff, so these are just sitting here. then i realized, they are basically alien wraps waiting to be used. anyone have a good way to remove the core from these bad boys? they are both 26/32, but one is all kanthal and the other is n80 core...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
ok so a while ago i bought a bunch of spools of pre-made wire (clapton, triple twist, fused clapton etc). turns out im not a huge fan of plain clapton wire, and i started making my own fancy stuff, so these are just sitting here. then i realized, they are basically alien wraps waiting to be used. anyone have a good way to remove the core from these bad boys? they are both 26/32, but one is all kanthal and the other is n80 core...
Pull off some of the outer wrap and only hook the core into the drill and hold the core at the other end and spin the drill a bit...Then push it all off.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I so badly want to pull off Aliens, but right now its just too far out of my skill level. I can do fused clapton/clapton, staples/framed staples, shit like that, but getting those Aliens to wrap together right is just too hard. I tried it a couple times. Once I was able to get it decored and start wrapping, but the wraps just did not line up at all. The other times I wasnt even able to get it decored lol

You masters got any tips on the process?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hey Raymo, whats going on with your RTA? Havent heard anything about it in a while now. They still have it on the back burner?
I havent spoke with Leon since I sent him some specs for a RDA...Im guessing they are busy with the Demand for the Boreas..

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I so badly want to pull off Aliens, but right now its just too far out of my skill level. I can do fused clapton/clapton, staples/framed staples, shit like that, but getting those Aliens to wrap together right is just too hard. I tried it a couple times. Once I was able to get it decored and start wrapping, but the wraps just did not line up at all. The other times I wasnt even able to get it decored lol

You masters got any tips on the process?
I felt the same way until I tried and got it...I spent atleast a month or 2 saying I wont even attempt them anymore, then one day I pulled a length of Aliens off and have made them every day since...as soon as you clapton and find the right amount of stretching then your good

Clapton a small amount of wire, then using the same size core you claptoned with line up three peices next to each other. Now stretch the clapton until the wire can lay flat and curve over the sides...thats how far they need to be stretched

VU Sponsors