Become a Patron!

Post your builds

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks for the tip @raymo2u i got about a 20 inch piece of wrap off (un stretched) with only minor swearing and personal injury. now to waste it all trying to get my first alien wrapped....

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dual core aliens are much easier than three core, if you havent stretched enough you can just pull tight to stretch as you wrap. I usually under-stretch so it suits me to do dual cores. you pull too tight on three cores and you end up with a trianglien - that sucks.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Dual core aliens are much easier than three core, if you havent stretched enough you can just pull tight to stretch as you wrap. I usually under-stretch so it suits me to do dual cores. you pull too tight on three cores and you end up with a trianglien - that sucks.
I just havent tried making them until now

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still haven't got any wire but these aliens turned out alright in the goon, still getting some frustrating gaps in the 40g though.
5b7eb39b18b111677c730e376743fdf7.jpg
2c478c1d0f980fcd8f9a5e754de6cf8f.jpg
f371e6479993ca6793e11134e5314974.jpg
9d24572afffc2f3613942125f32c71d1.jpg

Edit: I had to pick every single blurry pic I took so I'll just post more
a03e2d868472456156973278bbd8fed8.jpg

Last edited:

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ugggg, I was reminded tonight how much of a noob I am still. I must have just had some good luck starting out because tonight was brutal. Made some Framed Staples and something I just threw together (is 30 strands of 38 gauge wrapped in 32ga), and they are just a mess. The staples. Putting them together was go, got the ribbon stacked and framed and it fell apart in wrapping, I didnt notice doing it as my eyes arent the greatest, but the frames got loose and crossed around. Then when wrapping around my jig, they were super tight for some reason. Almost like the clapton wrap was acting like a solid piece and preventing me from putting it around the jig. Tough to describe. Same thing with the multi core wire. Wrapping it was terrible because it stiffened up so much it was like trying to wrap a solid 10 gauge wire around the jig.

Any help on this or some tips? The staples were particularly bad. I had enough wire for 3 coils, and only got 1 usable coil from it because the problems, and even that one isnt that nice.

RedheadedBStarD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Something tiny tonight. T&F (twisted and fused) clapton. 2x twisted 36g N80 cores wrapped in 40g N80. Coiled around a 2.4mm screwdriver and measures 1.6 ohms. A Canadian nickel is pretty much the same as an American btw. Couldn't use a penny as we got rid of them lol.

IcljoAb.jpgl

4WGMTDZ.jpgl

i3uNXAY.jpgl

AIXmMMz.jpgl

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Something tiny tonight. T&F (twisted and fused) clapton. 2x twisted 36g N80 cores wrapped in 40g N80. Coiled around a 2.4mm screwdriver and measures 1.6 ohms. A Canadian nickel is pretty much the same as an American btw. Couldn't use a penny as we got rid of them lol.

IcljoAb.jpgl

4WGMTDZ.jpgl

i3uNXAY.jpgl

AIXmMMz.jpgl

Canadians dont have pennies? But how do you get your change from all the shit that costs $19.99? What do you give to the Unicef all the other charities? What do you do for good luck? Rob Ford would have been a totally different person if hed have found a penny, yall ruined him. lol

Rob Ford was fucking hilarious. Dude was a total G. I remember one of the many many epic videos of him, some reporter was grilling him about some texts he supposedly sent some broad saying he wanted to eat her pussy, and the dude, being the total boss he was, says "I never said that. I would never do that, I got plenty to eat at home"...bwahaha. Its so good you should have to go to rehab after hearing it. I wish American politicians were follwing in Fords footsteps. At least itd be funny.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If anyone needs or wants a new AFC ring for their Twisted Messes RDA add one to your cart at TwistedMesses website and use coupon code AFCREPLACE

Free AFC ring free shipping just hit submit!

I copped a gold one for the TM Ray sent my say :)
e921738c601ee59e7d88d140e1cb810f.jpg

Matt

RedheadedBStarD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Canadians dont have pennies? But how do you get your change from all the shit that costs $19.99? What do you give to the Unicef all the other charities? What do you do for good luck? Rob Ford would have been a totally different person if hed have found a penny, yall ruined him. lol

Rob Ford was fucking hilarious. Dude was a total G. I remember one of the many many epic videos of him, some reporter was grilling him about some texts he supposedly sent some broad saying he wanted to eat her pussy, and the dude, being the total boss he was, says "I never said that. I would never do that, I got plenty to eat at home"...bwahaha. Its so good you should have to go to rehab after hearing it. I wish American politicians were follwing in Fords footsteps. At least itd be funny.

We round up, or down to the nearest nickel if paying in cash. Debit/credit cards still charge exact amounts.

Rob Ford was a good politician at one point. I think the bad decisions he made near the end (the last few years) were do to the brain cancer.

C4rlosuk

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If anyone needs or wants a new AFC ring for their Twisted Messes RDA add one to your cart at TwistedMesses website and use coupon code AFCREPLACE

Matt
Worked perfect but is United States only.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Matt
There is not a single choice left of the rings...all out of stock now..I wanted the Red Ring...

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So i repositioned the coils, when i installed em inwas focused on the bottom airflow and disreguarded the side.. shit hit hard, but didnt feel right... this is them now
d23e36e60edf070ad3a87539d138b591.jpg

This is how they were before.
c0762a26dac00693d36268a3c28f1128.jpg

Little difference almost doubled cloud production hahaha freakin noobish mistake.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Gotta start wearing jnco jeans again

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
I still wear some of my older Southpole stuff ;)

@blakemorder made some 40g Aliens yesterday and I havent tried making anything above 38g...so this morning I decided to try out some 38g and 40g Aliens in succession.
3 x 28N80/38N80 Aliens
2 x 26N80/40N80 Aliens

20160424_111111.jpg 20160424_110823.jpg

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Whatre those bad boys ohming out to?

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I tried making 2x28k / 38k aliens this morning but i think i stretxhed it too much and shit cut into my finger... thay shits almost like bone cutter wires i used at the shop before bandsaw days.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still wear some of my older Southpole stuff ;)

@blakemorder made some 40g Aliens yesterday and I havent tried making anything above 38g...so this morning I decided to try out some 38g and 40g Aliens in succession.
3 x 28N80/38N80 Aliens
2 x 26N80/40N80 Aliens

View attachment 48651 View attachment 48652
Those turned out pretty good man, the 40g makes a difference in heat and flavor too, they're awesome. Did any of you guys pick up a free AFC from twisted messes?

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The Authentic's screws suck also...I have a 40 peice driver kit and not one bit fits the screws perfectly....very odd. I want to replace them with Torx screws...
I haven't had one issue with anything on the goon so far

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So i got some swivels today.... in the back room of the house thenwife and i keep our misc. Items this includes my little vape desk so i clamped the swivels to the end of her static bike and the drill is on the desk.
f0d3b261b164e465b56adbedfc90043f.jpg

Finally get to work on my micro clappy game... first run is 2x28k/34k didnt come out too bad for a first run with such thin wire....
bdb3d8e8a8be4f9a012d488a764aec7a.jpg

Earlier i had a run at some 32/38 which didnt go too bad i think i need a newer, faster drill though... shit takes forever. This one i was more happy with.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My first Reef Coils were a complete failure as far as mount and firing. The had hot spots galore, wouldn't fire evenly, and one finally snapped as I tried adjusting it. I tried to get the other one worked out, but I couldn't get the hot spots out. :tantrum: I'm a little frustrated.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Got em in the petro 1.5... 8 wraps dc comes out to .47 whixh means its probly going on a series...
Shits were springy as hell to work took me longer to wrap em and install them than to clapton them.
98285a814040951b9e47005e78334d4b.jpg

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Matt

Ahhh, all out of stock. Every color option. Sooo disappointed. I desperately wanted a blue one for my TM2 or a gold one. Damn

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Baby woke up mod flight had to cut it short...
This mod made me fall in love with the petri all over again. Flavor and clouds are ridiculous.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Estimating around 0.1Ω per coil, but they're not for me.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So on aliens, Im having more trouble lol Ima link a couple pics. Am I stretching the wire too muc? Not enough? Whats up? I wrapped like 2 or 3 feet of dual core with this and it just wouldnt line up at all, it just ended up real spaced out and opposite of lining up right.

http://i68.tinypic.com/i4kboj.jpg
http://i63.tinypic.com/wrcd9v.jpg

Should I just start my own "Ask your build questions" thread? lol, I dont wanna constantly be asking questions and shit in here if it pisses people off, its just this is the best place to do it.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Your stretch is fine for a 3 core, too much for a dual core.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I like having it slightly under stretched and have it need a bit more pull pressure when wrapping, If you do this same thing your cores need to be completely parallel and tight or it will crap out down the line.
You cant come back from over stretching...you can always stretch more if you under stretch it..

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm, retry I guess. Making wire is one of the most frustrating things Ive done lol. You dont just lose large chunks of time doing it and getting nothing, you waste SOOO much wire. Good thing I just stocked up with 100 feet of all even gauges from 24 to 40.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
and here are my first staples, finally mounted in the goon clone. 8x.4mm cores in 32g. dual coils came to .12 ohms.
Capture.PNG
installation was a little odd. the two screws in each post are too close to fit booth coil legs in between, so one leg is in the middle and one is pinched under the clamp thing on the side. came out a little janky looking but it vapes like a motherfucker. im in love with staples <3 i took a crack at making framed staples with spaced ribbon wrap last night and some of the cores twisted, my wrap is awful etc..was not a happy time, but today makes up for it.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hmm, retry I guess. Making wire is one of the most frustrating things Ive done lol. You dont just lose large chunks of time doing it and getting nothing, you waste SOOO much wire. Good thing I just stocked up with 100 feet of all even gauges from 24 to 40.
Thats why I stock up on Kanthal D from Kingorchid and K.Bee...thats my "test" wire and I use KP wire for use. It saves alot of money that way and when you get good at making something then make it with the wire you prefer to vape with..

I got a few straps of those spool tamers yesterday...those things are a blessing for making claptons and spaced claptons, I suggest everyone but a 3 pack atleast!
Wow I just realized how crappy these pics are...they looked good on the phone..
20160424_182303.jpg 20160424_182308.jpg

VU Sponsors