Become a Patron!

Post your builds

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Excuse me I need help immediately lol I'm about to rebuild my Boreas the first time it leaked like a siv soo should I use more or less cotton???

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Excuse me I need help immediately lol I'm about to rebuild my Boreas the first time it leaked like a siv soo should I use more or less cotton???

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement
Got a pic of your wicking?

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Seems to be alright now. I had more cotton last time

Sent from the iPad in the basement of vapement

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Seems to be alright now. I had more cotton last time

When you fill your tank flip it upside down, wait a second then close AFC/JC. Then fill it, open to your selected AFC/JC and take a draw....no leaks when filling using this method and you can fill it to the brim.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The guess I was wrong it was ok until like 4 puffs then it started again

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
When you fill your tank flip it upside down, wait a second then close AFC/JC. Then fill it, open to your selected AFC/JC and take a draw....no leaks when filling using this method and you can fill it to the brim.
Been ok since I did that. I got the boreas I while ago but when it leaked on me I put it in the stand and forgot about it so I hope that solves get issue because everyone loves theirs.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Been ok since I did that. I got the boreas I while ago but when it leaked on me I put it in the stand and forgot about it so I hope that solves get issue because everyone loves theirs.
If you fill it like a normal RTA then most people experience leaking after filling it...for a long time after..I think its from the pressure the juice in the tank puts on the juice in the well and wicking area....if you relieave that pressure then its more of a stable vacuum in the tank.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good Im glad, its my favorite RTA so far, I hope you find the same thing using it ;)

Thats alot of Notch Coils!!!!
They're pretty great, I do hope they make more variety though. I'd love a .2Ω one, the .26Ω that came with my Theorem works well on my tube but I wish it'd pump a bit more power. Anyways, they're nice and heat up pretty quickly even at lower power.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
They're pretty great, I do hope they make more variety though. I'd love a .2Ω one, the .26Ω that came with my Theorem works well on my tube but I wish it'd pump a bit more power. Anyways, they're nice and heat up pretty quickly even at lower power.
I was tlaking about the Boreas bud ;)
I was just commenting after about the notch coils

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was tlaking about the Boreas bud ;)
I was just commenting after about the notch coils
I know, just talking about the notch coils. If they come up with some ..2Ω ones I'll be buying a bunch just like in that picture :D

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I know, just talking about the notch coils. If they come up with some ..2Ω ones I'll be buying a bunch just like in that picture :D
When they make them in 3.5mm, around .1 Ohms and mill lines into them horizontally I might be interested in trying them

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
UzGyH1xm.jpg

Don't ask. It will vape just fine :D

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Guess what Im working on now ;) ( Im actually going for 6-8 Core Staggered Single Coil tomorrow...this was just a test!)
It is a PITA working with these small as wires making Staggered...I usually like using a mid 20's gauge for Cores and mid 30's for Clapton and Fuse wire....I used 36N80 for the cores and 40N80 for the Clapton and 42N80 for the Fuse Wire...Its about the size of a 2x26g/36g Fused Clapton and its 4 Cores! Ill post more pics after I wrap it up and Ill post size reference pics and crap also...

I told you guys the Beadalon Spool Tamers make this easy...its almost magic. I only messed up a couple spots from going too fast but if I went slow Im confident I could of done it flawlessly the whole 8" length I did.

20160426_171504.jpg 20160426_171254.jpg 20160426_171215.jpg

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guess what Im working on now ;) ( Im actually going for 6-8 Core Staggered Single Coil tomorrow...this was just a test!)
It is a PITA working with these small as wires making Staggered...I usually like using a mid 20's gauge for Cores and mid 30's for Clapton and Fuse wire....I used 36N80 for the cores and 40N80 for the Clapton and 42N80 for the Fuse Wire...Its about the size of a 2x26g/36g Fused Clapton and its 4 Cores! Ill post more pics after I wrap it up and Ill post size reference pics and crap also...

I told you guys the Beadalon Spool Tamers make this easy...its almost magic. I only messed up a couple spots from going too fast but if I went slow Im confident I could of done it flawlessly the whole 8" length I did.

View attachment 48950 View attachment 48951 View attachment 48952
Wow. I am still working on Clapton coils.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you get those spool tamers all you would need to do is point them so they follow the wire and hold your drills button to make normal claptons and point them at a 45 degree angle for perfect spaced claptons...Im so glad I got them!
I have never seen them. Will you show me what they look like. I am always pleased to do something I can make myself.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I noticed while coiling it I screwed up and actually broke a fuse wrap twisting too much....can add that to the flaws I guess..

20160426_180659.jpg 20160426_181120.jpg

4 Core Width per wrap is the same as the 3 Core I did yesterday! Also propped it up with the Groove Monster from earlier.

20160426_181650(0).jpg 20160426_181534.jpg 20160426_181944.jpg 20160426_181839.jpg

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just ordered a 3 pack for my high gauge wire and some 26 kanthal. Wanting to build some coils for the NC with 26 but the only 26 I have on hand is n80.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have been thinking about my next build for the NC. Going to use the indestructible. Going to use that for: 3x24k/40k. Do a 14 wrap sleeper build at 3mm. According to stream engine that should get me sitting around .46 ohm. Should be nice for the NC I hope.

Thoughts?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I can't get my Petri off of my NC 510 thread.....

754eb44d603e1fcda76126e800b36dde.jpg

Believe me I've tried.

Matt

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hehehe sure Ray!!

It's really pissing me off that it won't come off. I'd crank on it but I don't want to damage my Petri.

Matt

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LINK for Spool Tamers, I only have them on the wires I use for outer wrap, you can buy a 25 pack of the for around $16 HERE if you want to cover all your spools

Wish Ida seen that a couple days ago (or known about it anyway). I bought some from Sweetvapes. Theyre UD branded but look like basically the same thing. Think I got 5 of them and it was about $12-$13.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hehehe sure Ray!!

It's really pissing me off that it won't come off. I'd crank on it but I don't want to damage my Petri.

Matt
Grab some duct tape and tape your pliers jaws and get a good grip, then put a pair of scissors or tweezers into the holes in the crickets top....then it should untwist with little force...its becuase you arent getting a good grip so it you need much more force to spin it.

I
Wish Ida seen that a couple days ago (or known about it anyway). I bought some from Sweetvapes. Theyre UD branded but look like basically the same thing. Think I got 5 of them and it was about $12-$13.
search ebay for everything before I buy it, usually I can find it in the USA, cheaper, and have it in a couple days...I only "BUY IT NOW" also.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't get my Petri off of my NC 510 thread.....

754eb44d603e1fcda76126e800b36dde.jpg

Believe me I've tried.

Matt
I got this tool with my Tres Equis, it's a freakin lifesaver. Basically a giant staple that's stiff and fits into the holes. Anyways, to replicate that, try needlenose pliers or something that can fit in those holes to hold it stable while you twist the petri. Tweezers might work, but I'm always skeptical about the strength of ceramics. Maybe dismount the coils first so you have the posts to grip? Anyways hope it helps. I wish the NC came with this staple tool, it's amazing, almost worth the cost of the Tres Equis clone I got.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gave this whole staggered clapton shit a try. Saw a tutorial posted about Staggered Fused Clapton wire and gave it a shot (wasting a ton of time and wire forgetting that I had a whole damn roll of premade clapton wire). Fucked up bad on the stagger wrap, didnt really think about the spacing, just kinda fired the drill and went with what I thought looked right. I forgot that all the pictures I see online are blown up 100x, so the spacing was way far out. But meh, its still fun to try. Ill try again tomorrow with proper spacing. What kinda spacing are you shooting for with a stagger? Do you want the stagger wire sitting on every groove in the clapton wire? Skip one? skip a few?

4zw56s.jpg

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gave this whole staggered clapton shit a try. Saw a tutorial posted about Staggered Fused Clapton wire and gave it a shot (wasting a ton of time and wire forgetting that I had a whole damn roll of premade clapton wire). Fucked up bad on the stagger wrap, didnt really think about the spacing, just kinda fired the drill and went with what I thought looked right. I forgot that all the pictures I see online are blown up 100x, so the spacing was way far out. But meh, its still fun to try. Ill try again tomorrow with proper spacing. What kinda spacing are you shooting for with a stagger? Do you want the stagger wire sitting on every groove in the clapton wire? Skip one? skip a few?

4zw56s.jpg
1. Make a long length of staggered (single spacing) clapton wire
2. Cut it in half
3. Fuse the two halves together with a wrap that goes in the spacing
......yep, thats it. It is pretty easy but it looks purdy, no vape advantage over a straight fused clapton that I ever noticed though.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Boil some water and just dip the nc connection. It may expand enough to relive tension on the threads

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
Yup, and the opposite toss in a freezer to contract.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well...I cant wait for a Goon the size of my Mason!
Ive never seen anyone do more then 6 Cores (Maybe it was 8)...So I wanted to push the limit to 9. Ive been blown away before looking over Twisted Messes and M.Terks 6 Core Staggereds for the longest time wishing I could pull one off and since Ive been making 3 core and then a 4 Core yesterday I wanted to see how far I could go with it....Im sure I could have done a 12 Core but the 9 Core already doesnt fit anything but the Mason 40mm....Maybe Ill make another and Dual it!

9 Core Staggered Fused Clapton
28N80/34N80/38N80 (3 Wraps/3mm ID)

20160427_094807.jpg 20160427_101703.jpg
20160427_101455.jpg
20160427_101730.jpg 20160427_102113.jpg 20160427_102041.jpg 20160427_102730.jpg 20160427_102452.jpg

After posting this I saw that Dave_The_Builder posted a 10 Core Staggered a couple days ago...what a buzz kill...Fuck it I may do a 20 core next time just to make damn sure it the more cored next time..

Last edited:

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well...I cant wait for a Goon the size of my Mason!
Ive never seen anyone do more then 6 Cores (Maybe it was 8)...So I wanted to push the limit to 9. Ive been blown away before looking over Twisted Messes and M.Terks 6 Core Staggereds for the longest time wishing I could pull one off and since Ive been making 3 core and then a 4 Core yesterday I wanted to see how far I could go with it....Im sure I could have done a 12 Core but the 9 Core already doesnt fit anything but the Mason 40mm....Maybe Ill make another and Dual it!

9 Core Staggered Fused Clapton
28N80/34N80/38N80 (3 Wraps/3mm ID)

View attachment 49028 View attachment 49029
View attachment 49035
View attachment 49031 View attachment 49032 View attachment 49034 View attachment 49033 View attachment 49030

After posting this I saw that Dave_The_Builder posted a 10 Core Staggered a couple days ago...what a buzz kill...Fuck it I may do a 20 core next time just to make damn sure it the more cored next time..
Well god damn! Now do 5 and 5 sandwiching a staggered staple core

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors