Become a Patron!

Post your builds

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In the spirit of madness I made a framed wick.

pEbkPJim.jpg

Lol, it is hard to do but I might refine the technique as it does vape nice :) You can't really have the wick under much tension or it snaps so holding it together provides a challenge.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well...I cant wait for a Goon the size of my Mason!
Ive never seen anyone do more then 6 Cores (Maybe it was 8)...So I wanted to push the limit to 9. Ive been blown away before looking over Twisted Messes and M.Terks 6 Core Staggereds for the longest time wishing I could pull one off and since Ive been making 3 core and then a 4 Core yesterday I wanted to see how far I could go with it....Im sure I could have done a 12 Core but the 9 Core already doesnt fit anything but the Mason 40mm....Maybe Ill make another and Dual it!

9 Core Staggered Fused Clapton
28N80/34N80/38N80 (3 Wraps/3mm ID)

View attachment 49028 View attachment 49029
View attachment 49035
View attachment 49031 View attachment 49032 View attachment 49034 View attachment 49033 View attachment 49030

After posting this I saw that Dave_The_Builder posted a 10 Core Staggered a couple days ago...what a buzz kill...Fuck it I may do a 20 core next time just to make damn sure it the more cored next time..

It looks like your are making sections for patio/lawn furniture! HAH That is crazy looking. Coverage much?!

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lol thats just damn insane. Not at all a practical build.

So how do you do the spacing for the staggered stuff? Do you freehand the space for the staggerwire or use something as a guide, like another small piece of wire while wrapping the core claptons?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
lol thats just damn insane. Not at all a practical build.

So how do you do the spacing for the staggered stuff? Do you freehand the space for the staggerwire or use something as a guide, like another small piece of wire while wrapping the core claptons?
Beadalon Spool Tamers....they do all the spacing and claptoning...I just point them at a angle and hold one side so they dont spin around the wire...All I do is use one finger to guide/hold the spool with the spool tamer and press the button on the drill...once the length is done I cut it into sections and if Im doing more then 3 cores Ill do another length.

Im rocking that 9 Core as a Ring ;)...I may clean it at some point in the USC and try putting it in the Coo TS RDA though.

20160427_141251.jpg 20160427_141244.jpg

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IMG_20160426_220900.jpg

Most of these were sold off to acquaintances. I kept the 3 inferior ones for myself. It's gotten to the point where I'm making so many of these for friends that if anyone else wants them, I feel like I have to charge. I took the requests and asked them to make offers after seeing the result. It went pretty smoothly and they're all happily vaping away on their shiny new fused claptons.

I can see how this can be pretty lucrative (though with shipping and overhead, probably not so much online.) The offers I got when I sent out these pics almost made me feel bad taking the money, but they were so happy to pay me more than I would accept... ...I guess when you consider the price of a shitty pre-made tank coil, it's fair to pay $10 for a pair of decent-quality custom coils. I just feel weird charging money for something that, to me, is easy and inexpensive to produce. I usually just give them away, yanno? So it's kinda like, "Y-you want to pay me to do this for you?" It's simply outside my realm of thinking.

I mean, I know some of you pro's on here do that and more power to you. I'm just a dude who twists up metal for fun though. I consider myself an amateur - coiling is just leisure time for me. It's weird to me, is all.

I'm not against it at all. I understand that some people just don't have the time. Making claptons is a skill that not everyone has the patience to learn. It's a great business opportunity. It just ain't my bag of tricks.

That aside, I don't think I'm gonna have the time to keep up with the coil game... ...I made REALLY good money for the time put in, but I don't really have the chops let alone the drive for it. I think I'll stick to just doing freebies for friends. I'm not always in the mood to make coils. I can't be one of those guys who can just churn out hundreds of these and ship em out.
IMG_20160426_221813.jpg
IMG_20160426_222259.jpg

IMG_20160426_222526.jpg
IMG_20160426_222803.jpg

Yes, I used a jig. None of these went into velocity style decks. I gave them the choice of straight or angled and they all wanted angled. These were all made to their specs. I just wrapped em lol.

Last edited:

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Clone or what?
I usually order my compvapes shit from myfreedomsmokes.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Nope direct from twistedmesses.com I ordered a deck for my TM v1 because they were the same price and I wanted to try the new one

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nope direct from twistedmesses.com I ordered a deck for my TM v1 because they were the same price and I wanted to try the new one
That's pretty sad, GL with it.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
IMG_20160426_220900.jpg

Most of these were sold off to acquaintances. I kept the 3 inferior ones for myself. It's gotten to the point where I'm making so many of these for friends that if anyone else wants them, I feel like I have to charge. I took the requests and asked them to make offers after seeing the result. It went pretty smoothly and they're all happily vaping away on their shiny new fused claptons.

I can see how this can be pretty lucrative (though with shipping and overhead, probably not so much online.) The offers I got when I sent out these pics almost made me feel bad taking the money, but they were so happy to pay me more than I would accept... ...I guess when you consider the price of a shitty pre-made tank coil, it's fair to pay $10 for a pair of decent-quality custom coils. I just feel weird charging money for something that, to me, is easy and inexpensive to produce. I usually just give them away, yanno? So it's kinda like, "Y-you want to pay me to do this for you?" It's simply outside my realm of thinking.

I mean, I know some of you pro's on here do that and more power to you. I'm just a dude who twists up metal for fun though. I consider myself an amateur - coiling is just leisure time for me. It's weird to me, is all.

I'm not against it at all. I understand that some people just don't have the time. Making claptons is a skill that not everyone has the patience to learn. It's a great business opportunity. It just ain't my bag of tricks.

That aside, I don't think I'm gonna have the time to keep up with the coil game... ...I made REALLY good money for the time put in, but I don't really have the chops let alone the drive for it. I think I'll stick to just doing freebies for friends. I'm not always in the mood to make coils. I can't be one of those guys who can just churn out hundreds of these and ship em out.
IMG_20160426_221813.jpg
IMG_20160426_222259.jpg

IMG_20160426_222526.jpg
IMG_20160426_222803.jpg

Yes, I used a jig. None of these went into velocity style decks. I gave them the choice of straight or angled and they all wanted angled. These were all made to their specs. I just wrapped em lol.
Now try making a few pairs of Alien Framed Staples, Alien Cat Tracks, Staples, Framed Staples, and some Multicore Staggared Coils in one night...imagine that every night and different options of each....it can be alot to take in, I dont know how Chef does it, Im just glad Im not pumping out tons of orders either. Like I said before, unless your charging a decent amount per pair your not going to make much money doing it online and the time involved can be crazy, especially if your only sending out "perfect coils".

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just got my twisted messes order in, opens the box to see the new deck and got this
fdb6fcffafb10aa664b92b303af5ce85.jpg
OMG thats insane! Im sure it will get taken care of though...Ive been wanting to order a few spare decks...hopefully your shit gets resolved!!!

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OMG thats insane! Im sure it will get taken care of though...Ive been wanting to order a few spare decks...hopefully your shit gets resolved!!!
I'm sure it will too, its just a huge bummer I can't do anything with it until I get screws, especially since my new AFC ring looks sick on my mech box. I'm thinking about getting some kind of black and stainless tube mech to match now lol.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm sure it will too, its just a huge bummer I can't do anything with it until I get screws, especially since my new AFC ring looks sick on my mech box. I'm thinking about getting some kind of black and stainless tube mech to match now lol.
No other tanks/rda's that came with extra grub screws to try and find a fit?

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No other tanks/rda's that came with extra grub screws to try and find a fit?
Lol I really don't have that many, I'm going to dig out my og TM extra parts and see if they'll fit for now. I'm thinking theyre going to be too big but what the hell I'll give it a shot

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Lol I really don't have that many, I'm going to dig out my og TM extra parts and see if they'll fit for now. I'm thinking theyre going to be too big but what the hell I'll give it a shot
Buy some extras on Ebay, you can find a 50 pack of M3/3mm Set Screws for less then 6 bucks and if you want hardened/coated set screws you can get them for a bit more. They also make Flat head set screws (my favorite)....just remember that TM style RDA screws are M3/3mm or 4mm and RTA's usually use M2.5/3mm Screws

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Speaking of TM squared, if anybody is interested in a clone VaporTekUSA has the Tobeco. I got a black one shipped for $19 with code 20OFFTOB.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Speaking of TM squared, if anybody is interested in a clone VaporTekUSA has the Tobeco. I got a black one shipped for $19 with code 20OFFTOB.
A TM Squared clone for $19? I wonder if its any better then the $9 clones..

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gotta say, the clone I got for $10 has some issues, mainly that Positive post is slightly sunk inwards, leaving less room than optimal. If the Tobecco clone does better, it's better, but with what I have now it's still nice, just not perfect. If it's the same, well, the wait could be worth $10, or not, either way, that's the fault in the clone I've found. Otherwise it's great, and even otherwise it's working great, just that one minor complaint. Makes it a pain to use "optimal coils" as they're offset a bit making one coil tough to fit in, gotta tilt them a lot.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Gotta say, the clone I got for $10 has some issues, mainly that Positive post is slightly sunk inwards, leaving less room than optimal. If the Tobecco clone does better, it's better, but with what I have now it's still nice, just not perfect. If it's the same, well, the wait could be worth $10, or not, either way, that's the fault in the clone I've found. Otherwise it's great, and even otherwise it's working great, just that one minor complaint. Makes it a pain to use "optimal coils" as they're offset a bit making one coil tough to fit in, gotta tilt them a lot.
Could but the Authentic Deck for 20 and a clone for $9 and combine them for the best price/quality ratio...$29

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Put the tips of a pair of needle nose pliers in the holes of the NC cap. Then use a 2nd pair to unscrew the V2.

View attachment 49080
View attachment 49081
Getting all professional on us, I was trying to do him a favor and get him to buy a Tres Equis clone! I kid :teehee:, thanks for the pics, it should be an easily fixable issue, if it isn't try tossing it in the freezer to constrict the metal that should break the hard connection and allow you to easily twist it off. When you're putting your atty on that NC you don't need to overtighten, I was overzealous initially as well, but that hinge action at the bottom really does good work. Just get it so the protruding pin sticks out when you look at it even, you'll be good, the button will press the negative battery down pushing the positive battery up and making connection, no need to be overly cautious. My NC atty still comes out with the plate sometimes but never so stiff anymore that I can't hand twist it out.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Buy some extras on Ebay, you can find a 50 pack of M3/3mm Set Screws for less then 6 bucks and if you want hardened/coated set screws you can get them for a bit more. They also make Flat head set screws (my favorite)....just remember that TM style RDA screws are M3/3mm or 4mm and RTA's usually use M2.5/3mm Screws
Thanks ray, he emailed me back and is sending 8 so if they're as good as the v1's I'll never need the other 5 lol. I would like some nice replacements for the Griffin though, those things suck.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks ray, he emailed me back and is sending 8 so if they're as good as the v1's I'll never need the other 5 lol. I would like some nice replacements for the Griffin though, those things suck.
Its your allen keys...Since I ordered that Bondhus 1.27 Driver I have yet to stip a single screw, Im even using the super cheap screws from FT now...before that I used Hardened or flathead screws but they are around $8 for 4 of them....and I would still strip them once in a while...get the driver and save yourself future headaches.
LINK for Bondhus Driver (It comes with 2 of them)

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its your allen keys...Since I ordered that Bondhus 1.27 Driver I have yet to stip a single screw, Im even using the super cheap screws from FT now...before that I used Hardened or flathead screws but they are around $8 for 4 of them....and I would still strip them once in a while...get the driver and save yourself future headaches.
LINK for Bondhus Driver (It comes with 2 of them)
I don't use the ones that come with the attys though with the exception of the wotofo t-driver. Other than that I use my one hex bits, which fit quite well. The Griffin screws are just crazy small so the strip when I crank them

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

I had heard a couple of reports like Jerus noted above about the 9 buck clones. So I guess I'm just hoping the Tobeco is a little better, might be wishful thinking...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I had heard a couple of reports like Jerus noted above about the 9 buck clones. So I guess I'm just hoping the Tobeco is a little better, might be wishful thinking...
Tobecco has been great with 1:1 clones in the past, most of their clones are the exact device...in every way and could not be distinguished from the Authentic....I can only hope its as nice...if so Ill buy 10

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

When I click the flathead screws link it takes me to a privacy door knob. Am I doing something wrong? Also will getting2.5,3, and 4mm cover most applications?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
When I click the flathead screws link it takes me to a privacy door knob. Am I doing something wrong? Also will getting2.5,3, and 4mm cover most applications?
Privacy Door Knob?? Where are you seeing this?
You want M2.5 and M3 as these are the only sizes that devices seem to use, get 3mm or 4mm in length.
So look for M2.5/3mm or M3/4mm Set Screws

Heres the Flat Head Set Screws

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It takes me to build.com when I click this link. Shown in bold and underlined.

It shows me this:
image.jpeg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Where do I find the slotted ones? I'm sorry to be so much trouble. Is it on build.com?
No...Your clicking text that I myself didnt highlight...google or the forum did. I was linking you to a Ebay Item containing them

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yessir I got it now. Finally. Lol. What size screwdriver do those take? I don't wann setup them out.

Joshhm9x

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
3fa7a5ec4887ad2be7b61b2006c30124.jpg

I had a member recommend me post some of my builds here, but I feel I'm failing when I look at a portion of the builds here.

Anyways this is what I'm rocking at the moment.
Just some 26 gauge Nichrome 80/34 gauge Nichrome 80

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What about the flat? Is it just a standard flat?
Yea..Just pick up one of those cheap screwdriver sets from walmart, the "Precision Screwdrivers", they are like a buck or 2 for the case of them

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
3fa7a5ec4887ad2be7b61b2006c30124.jpg

I had a member recommend me post some of my builds here, but I feel I'm failing when I look at a portion of the builds here.

Anyways this is what I'm rocking at the moment.
Just some 26 gauge Nichrome 80/34 gauge Nichrome 80

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very Nice, glad to see more talent join in!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks Raymo, means a lot after seeing your art!
Dont mind me....I just like to push limits and some of them look decent. Many people here make my builds look like second hand products....they just dont seem to be posting much lately

Joshhm9x

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dont mind me....I just like to push limits and some of them look decent. Many people here make my builds look like second hand products....they just dont seem to be posting much lately

Don't sell yourself short, I've been making could almost a year now and spent some time managing a vape shop in my area. Hands down some of the nicest coils I've saw!

StereoFreeze

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Need to make some fused clapton's for a Series box coming this week. Question is what to try after that. Do I attempt aliens or those rad looking tomahawks?

VU Sponsors