Become a Patron!

Post your builds

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So for you guys who have the beadalon branded ones, whats the inner diameter of them? Like roughly? Or how long are they when theyre pinched and pulled taught (in like a straight line, ya know)?

The UD ones seem uber small, even with the slack let all the way out. They dont work on my Lightning Vapes spools at all, they are way WAY too tight. So Im pretty damn pissed I just spent almost $20 on shit I cant use. Smh, just my luck.
Ever bought UD wire? Tiny spools! or at least the one spool I bought a long while ago, it was weird, the whole spool fits in the empty inner space of my more standard spools.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
wow yeah, the UD ones are maybe 2 and a half inches, but thats being extremely generous, probably closer to 2 inches laid flat. Damn it.

Fuckers at UD made shit specifically for their shitty tiny little wire rolls and didnt mention it or the size anywhere. Last time I buy anything UD.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ever bought UD wire? Tiny spools! or at least the one spool I bought a long while ago, it was weird, the whole spool fits in the empty inner space of my more standard spools.
I know exactly what you are talking about because I found one of the UD spools when I was cleaning out my vaping bins lol. I use eBay a lot half the time LV and k.bee wire is cheaper there than their actual sites without LV's sales even with their 10-15% coupon code

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
wow yeah, the UD ones are maybe 2 and a half inches, but thats being extremely generous, probably closer to 2 inches laid flat. Damn it.

Fuckers at UD made shit specifically for their shitty tiny little wire rolls and didnt mention it or the size anywhere. Last time I buy anything UD.
Don't swear off anything UD simply because the Bellus is my fav Rdta but other than that you can I don't like the simba as of right own I used the fully ceramic coil and it tastes burnt to me it was my first experience with ceramic but then I received the krixus on a trade and I love that the simba came with 3 coils the full ceramic one that has a metal top which I'm using well should say that's in it now they have the half ceramic half cotton and the have the rebuildable section so maybe it won't be a total loss.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
When my kids are in school and I'm not the mood I sit and compare prices lol. Today I got skins for a few mods and I like mighty skins better than jwraps it's the same quality at half the price and again on eBay they're cheaper than their actual site

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When my kids are in school and I'm not the mood I sit and compare prices lol. Today I got skins for a few mods and I like mighty skins better than jwraps it's the same quality at half the price and again on eBay they're cheaper than their actual site

Amazing what a little shopping around can do to your wallet.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That was an impulse buy I didn't even hear of it yet. I also got the Istick 200w TC for 30$ I figured why not I paid 65$ for my 50w at a vape shop when I first started and didn't know about the savings online

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That was an impulse buy I didn't even hear of it yet. I also got the Istick 200w TC for 30$ I figured why not I paid 65$ for my 50w at a vape shop when I first started and didn't know about the savings online

Had plenty of those. Usually sales duping me into buying things I don't need... though usually I end up being glad I did. Bought the Theorem as my last buy because I could pick it up for $22, and I knew I'd probably want to get it eventually (I like that style tank, and my haze was developing some issues).

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't swear off anything UD simply because the Bellus is my fav Rdta but other than that you can I don't like the simba as of right own I used the fully ceramic coil and it tastes burnt to me it was my first experience with ceramic but then I received the krixus on a trade and I love that the simba came with 3 coils the full ceramic one that has a metal top which I'm using well should say that's in it now they have the half ceramic half cotton and the have the rebuildable section so maybe it won't be a total loss.

I dont think the Bellus could even touch the Alleria, let alone the Boreas. Hands down best tanks Ive ever used, rta or otherwise. And I got the Theorum today too, so add that to the Moonshot and Im well stocked on rebuildable tanks lol. But now Im stuck with half a dozen spool tamers that dont work on big boy wire rolls. Maybe Ill go knock a few broads up and use the spool tamers as baby wrist bands. Thats about how big they are.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I dont think the Bellus could even touch the Alleria, let alone the Boreas. Hands down best tanks Ive ever used, rta or otherwise. And I got the Theorum today too, so add that to the Moonshot and Im well stocked on rebuildable tanks lol. But now Im stuck with half a dozen spool tamers that dont work on big boy wire rolls. Maybe Ill go knock a few broads up and use the spool tamers as baby wrist bands. Thats about how big they are.
Yes I agree I meant more that up against the aromamizer because at the time it was those 2

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Had plenty of those. Usually sales duping me into buying things I don't need... though usually I end up being glad I did. Bought the Theorem as my last buy because I could pick it up for $22, and I knew I'd probably want to get it eventually (I like that style tank, and my haze was developing some issues).
I love my theorems I ordered the lyche which also uses notch coils in their rba so I can't wait to try those out.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The only one I don't own is the alleria but it will be bought for sure. When I'm satisfied for the time being ill wait for the price to come down on certain things I have 3 theorems but I got those for 20$ each it's weird I keep only certain flavors in tank that's why I always own more than one of things I swear I don't care how many times I wash it out change the coil I swear I can taste the previous flavor which is most likely in my head. That's half the reason my collection is so massive

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What gets me all the time is the free shipping over 75$ I try to get right around 75 I'd rather get an item then pay 10-15$ just for shipping when I can buy something else haha

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What gets me all the time is the free shipping over 75$ I try to get right around 75 I'd rather get an item then pay 10-15$ just for shipping when I can buy something else haha
That theorem came with 6 new batteries to grab the free shipping :D. I was considering some additional batteries already though. 2 3X battery mods, 3X 2 battery mods, 2X 1 battery mods. 16 batteries to use, and I was sitting at 2X VTC4, 11X 25r, 3X 30q, 2X HB2, can't hurt to have an extra 6X 25r to make a rotation easier while avoiding the whole "open marriage" battery sets :teehee:.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That theorem came with 6 new batteries to grab the free shipping :D. I was considering some additional batteries already though. 2 3X battery mods, 3X 2 battery mods, 2X 1 battery mods. 16 batteries to use, and I was sitting at 2X VTC4, 11X 25r, 3X 30q, 2X HB2, can't hurt to have an extra 6X 25r to make a rotation easier while avoiding the whole "open marriage" battery sets :teehee:.
Lmfao I just made sure there where no battery whores in my group the ones that are for the wismecs have stars on one trio hearts on another diamonds on the last the rest couples have the same numbers

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lmfao I just made sure there where no battery whores in my group the ones that are for the wismecs have stars on one trio hearts on another diamonds on the last the rest couples have the same numbers
Much more artistic than mine. S1S1, S2S2, S3S3, S4S4, V1V1, H1H1, S5S5S5, Q1Q1Q1, ES1ES1ES1, ES2ES2ES2 (S=samsung, V=VTC4, Q=Q30, H=HB2, and ES = Eciggity bought 25rs, noted to not give them as much leeway).

To be on topic, built a new series coil for my Avocado using 27g core FCs, had a bunch of extra wire, so built a series type build for the Boreas on the extra deck... time to install and test! :cheers:

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ugh. No more time for pleasure building, only order fulfillment. I work a seasonal job, and we went back to work last Monday. This limits my VU time as well. Dammit, this sucks. I need to increase the website sales so I can build full time.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
After seeing M.Terk post a pic of a bucket of aliens and the caption reading "there's a reason I build so many of these coils, 3x26/36"

I asked why 36 over 38 ... Didn't really expect a response from him. But he did respond, which was cool. And I see his point, he is selling them to people who often don't build to the level of aliens, and longevity is a point of sale there. Anyways, there's the screen grab... Pretty cool ..

3c2467b7a025cf1422b88173867be60c.jpg

Matt

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
After seeing M.Terk post a pic of a bucket of aliens and the caption reading "there's a reason I build so many of these coils, 3x26/36"

I asked why 36 over 38 ... Didn't really expect a response from him. But he did respond, which was cool. And I see his point, he is selling them to people who often don't build to the level of aliens, and longevity is a point of sale there. Anyways, there's the screen grab... Pretty cool ..

3c2467b7a025cf1422b88173867be60c.jpg

Matt
For what he charges a pair and then shipping...they better last!

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Would have been nice if he had answered your question. :rolleyes:

edit - well I guess it was answered to another poster, but his specific reply to you was kinda snotty I thought...

And I'm wondering how his aliens could possibly be better than Chefs or Raymos - a perfect alien is a perfect alien.

Last edited:

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Would have been nice if he had answered your question. :rolleyes:

edit - well I guess it was answered to another poster, but his specific reply to you was kinda snotty I thought...

And I'm wondering how his aliens could possibly be better than Chefs or Raymos - a perfect alien is a perfect alien.
No he answered my question, he was snotty to others having spitback issues and talking about resistance and tube mods...

I just wondered why 36 when the guy has proven to be able to use some crazy high gauge wire, 38 didn't seem like a bad thing. I use 38 on everything and love it. I guess he just wants his coils to last the user a longer time.

Matt

Edit: they aren't any better. But not everyone is on VU, and some people like paying more money for things with special names or brands on them ;)

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Idk what he charges... Really that pricey?

Matt
$20 from what I saw for aliens, $10 for FCs and free shipping, so not bad, but not custom specs like the guys here do, not sure if you can contact him to get that done or not and what that would entail, I actually just happened across the VVvapes website a couple days ago and saw they had them there.

http://store.vvvapes.com/category-s/1864.htm

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
On Amazon all lightning vapes wire is 50% off just to let you guys know 100ft of 316L for 3.50$

Danke, I was just thinking last night I needed to pick up some more SS.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, well I stumbled across it watching a few "how to" guides, ended up on that vvvapes site, I think that's his shop? So likely cheaper than any other location where they will mark it up as much as they can get away with.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw one guy moaning that his aliens lasted less than 2 minutes with hotspots all over the place until they popped. Some people that buy them obviously have no idea what they are buying or how to set them up. I don't know why I think that is so funny.....but I do think it's very funny. That guy will forever think that he got mugged and is probably a TC evangelist by now. Which is where he belongs :)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I saw one guy moaning that his aliens lasted less than 2 minutes with hotspots all over the place until they popped. Some people that buy them obviously have no idea what they are buying or how to set them up. I don't know why I think that is so funny.....but I do think it's very funny. That guy will forever think that he got mugged and is probably a TC evangelist by now. Which is where he belongs :)
The seller should of made sure that the person buying knew what they were doing and informed them even if they said they know....if the buyer still doesnt care enough to follow the directions then its his own fault and I would point and laugh and tell others to do the same :p

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
2bd2b6ecab2d84758e8016e47441438d.jpg

Haven't been posting on here or IG since my macro lens is gone.. New one is in shipment, but just the last build I snapped a pic of before my lens broke.
These are 30/42 micro claptons. 3 on each side, twisted opposite and helixed with 38g I believe. All KP N80

Instagram: @ohmmage

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The seller should of made sure that the person buying knew what they were doing and informed them even if they said they know....if the buyer still doesnt care enough to follow the directions then its his own fault and I would point and laugh and tell others to do the same :p
How I ended up on the vvvapes site was actually the video guide for installing them, happened to see it in the "related videos' area of something else I was watching. He of course makes it look a hell of a lot easier than it was for me but I didn't really learn anything. That same video is linked below the coil descriptions on the site I saw.

On a bright note I think I finally have claptoning down perfect, just a few little tweaks to how I was holding things... now time to try staple and aliens :confused:

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How I ended up on the vvvapes site was actually the video guide for installing them, happened to see it in the "related videos' area of something else I was watching. He of course makes it look a hell of a lot easier than it was for me but I didn't really learn anything. That same video is linked below the coil descriptions on the site I saw.

On a bright note I think I finally have claptoning down perfect, just a few little tweaks to how I was holding things... now time to try staple and aliens :confused:
Staples make me pull my hair out..

Instagram: @ohmmage

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Has or does anyone use Ni80 ribbon for staples?
I use KA1....no reason to lower the resistance even more....most of my dual coil Framed Staples end up being around .06 - .08 Ohms
I got a great deal for KA1 .6 Ribbon (250ft for $10)

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Was thinking with the Rafale X I could get away with the resistance issue. Seems like ramp up would be excellent with all Ni80, and there is some .5 for sale on Amazon which I saw when looking for the 316L (thanks Dawn). Where did you get the smokin deal on that kanthal ribbon?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Was thinking with the Rafale X I could get away with the resistance issue. Seems like ramp up would be excellent with all Ni80, and there is some .5 for sale on Amazon which I saw when looking for the 316L (thanks Dawn). Where did you get the smokin deal on that kanthal ribbon?
Kanthal 50'
Kanthal 250'

Seems all the LV stuff is pretty damn awesome pricing right now.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks. That didn't come up for me with a "Lightning Vapes" search, and had to do a "316L" search to find the LV stainless steel wire...weird

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Was thinking with the Rafale X I could get away with the resistance issue. Seems like ramp up would be excellent with all Ni80, and there is some .5 for sale on Amazon which I saw when looking for the 316L (thanks Dawn). Where 11did you get the smokin deal on that kanthal ribbon?
ordered a black one yesterday...cant wait for it to come!

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only staple build I have right now is 7x.4n80/40k staged with 26n80. Fast ramp. Have then in my velocity mini. I forget what they ohm out to. .13 ohm if I remember right.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors