Become a Patron!

Post your builds

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Another way to twist Staple wire. I get one end stacked and then masking tape it, a fair amount this end is going in the chuck. Then I chase it down the line and capture it every few inches with a small piece of masking tape. When it's all straight I bend the other end into a loop, tape it down and put it on the swivel. Pull the drill motor tight and clamp it, then can remove the small pieces of tape. It's working pretty good, you don't have that tag end of the wire flapping around, and you can go as fast as doing claptons.DSC_0001.png DSC_0004.png DSC_0005.png

6 x 0.5k wrapped with 38n

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i cant wait to check out the rafale x. i have a feeling its going to be the first in a wave of dead center post rdas, and it will likely be a game changer for a lot of ppl.

for the last couple nights before bed i have been reading this thread from the start. its quite a fun trip. im thinking of trying a retro build later off the first page. i am gonna recommend anyone with a bit of time go back and read page one at least. things are a lot different now but theres a ton of good tips back there too.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I need to order one of them rafale xs... i heard the center post is kinda wobbly but still one of the biggest innovations for the cloud folk in some time...

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have looked at the rda a few times. Liking it but not sure what makes it a must buy.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Fat 22g FCs running .15Ω per coil, no longer taking them in parallel cutting the total to .07Ω you're now in series! So basically you can make coils that would normally be pushing safety in dual setups work just fine.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The dead post is just a coupler for the coils...the coils them selves are in series when doing a dual coil....its just a clamp to tie the coils together..it doesnt really matter if it can wobble so it should be good...Im sure there will be many more dead post rda's/rta's in the future as its getting alot of attention now....Im actually surprised there isnt a similar rda yet already..

I would like to see a RDA thats 30mm with a deck lip that is as high as the center post and has post holes every 5mm. Half the RDA would be a positive side and the other half would be a negative side, the positive side would need to be a rounded peice that sits on insulation and is somehow secured to the 510 pin. There would be another circular post in the middle as the "deadpost".....you could make a turbine looking build with atleast 12 coils or have flexibility oin how you lay out your coils if not using all the holes....Airflow would need to be top down....not only could you make the series coils but you could make some serious stovetops and more, just think of how much juice could also be dumped in without worry of spilling it....It would probably look like a slammed and shortened Mason with top airflow,,,,Im going to send this to Augvape and hopefully they like it

Last edited:

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And I'm wondering how his aliens could possibly be better than Chefs or Raymos - a perfect alien is a perfect alien.
Thank you! :D
I actually have one customer who flat out told me that he's switching from Mike Terk's coils to mine. Mike's aliens are $29, and mine are only $19. Same (or better) quality.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oops - I guess I'm a little late to the party. Just got home from work.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats to any of you guys that can do multi strand staggered fused, damn I played some 5 core sfc's for a couple hours tonight and got nowhere. I was trying for 28/40/42.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Congrats to any of you guys that can do multi strand staggered fused, damn I played some 5 core sfc's for a couple hours tonight and got nowhere. I was trying for 28/40/42.
Try 26/32/38 to start with, then move up the gauges....dont do more then 3 cores though or it wont fit anything....Move up to 28g/34/38g or 40g after and you can do up to 5 cores and still fit in the Goon, 4 cores for anything else.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try 26/32/38 to start with, then move up the gauges....dont do more then 3 cores though or it wont fit anything....Move up to 28g/34/38g or 40g after and you can do up to 5 cores and still fit in the Goon, 4 cores for anything else.
Yea I'm moving back down to the 30's next time, how are you keeping shit flat without ruining the stagger? Thats by far the biggest problem that causes things to get thrown. These staggered variations are quickly approaching "not fucking worth it" territory for me.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
for my retro build i did a retro-futuristic polished 22g diamond coil. inspired by @BigDaddyVape on page one. mine came to .9 ohms. i wanted to do a fashion show and run it in stainless mode, but im too soft to hit .9 on a tube mod. i ended up putting it on the noisy cricket and im gonna rip on this thing all day.

this was the plan
coil3.PNG
coil1.PNG

but this was how it ended up
coil2.PNG

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yea I'm moving back down to the 30's next time, how are you keeping shit flat without ruining the stagger? Thats by far the biggest problem that causes things to get thrown. These staggered variations are quickly approaching "not fucking worth it" territory for me.
I use Nylon pliers and the handvise to fuse it all...If less then 5 cores I can whip it up in no time, anymore then that and I have to watch almost every wrap being wrapped....if I do a inch I loosen the handvise and slip it in more and tighten a bit then do another inch and if the outer part starts twisting I use nylon pliers to straighten it.....Dual cores and 3 cores are easy, I just put it in the drill chuck and slam on the button and follow the wire with my hands. Ill make a video soon and post it...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
for my retro build i did a retro-futuristic polished 22g diamond coil. inspired by @BigDaddyVape on page one. mine came to .9 ohms. i wanted to do a fashion show and run it in stainless mode, but im too soft to hit .9 on a tube mod. i ended up putting it on the noisy cricket and im gonna rip on this thing all day.

this was the plan
View attachment 49278
View attachment 49279

but this was how it ended up
View attachment 49280
You think .9 is low for a Tube? You sure you didnt mean .09?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So which rda... Rafale or tm2. Want to build for the NC

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
I would get the Rafale X if doing just Series builds, it gives you more options...The TM2 is great for both parallel and Series but you have to build specifically for either.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use Nylon pliers and the handvise to fuse it all...If less then 5 cores I can whip it up in no time, anymore then that and I have to watch almost every wrap being wrapped....if I do a inch I loosen the handvise and slip it in more and tighten a bit then do another inch and if the outer part starts twisting I use nylon pliers to straighten it.....Dual cores and 3 cores are easy, I just put it in the drill chuck and slam on the button and follow the wire with my hands. Ill make a video soon and post it...
Okay so you wrap the big ones by hand then, makes sense, I'll try that with my remaining cores I have made. 2 and three cores aren't really an issue but I wanted a monster lol. I had a hell of a time seeing the 42g go on, even my macro barely picked it up without proper lighting.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Okay so you wrap the big ones by hand then, makes sense, I'll try that with my remaining cores I have made. 2 and three cores aren't really an issue but I wanted a monster lol. I had a hell of a time seeing the 42g go on, even my macro barely picked it up without proper lighting.
I wrap them the same, well I dont move inch by inch on the dual core/ tri-cores...I still use the drill be I go slow and keep a watchful eye on each and ever rotation and wrap....on the dual/tri cored versions I just let it rip the whole length..
For the monster just go slow, make sure your spacing is perfect and have them perfectly aligned and it will go smoothly, if its slightly off or the wrap is going forwards and then back then it will be a problem the whole length....adjust it to save you from headache the whole way...

i should have followed that line up with a ;) i was kidding around :cheers:
Good I was going to say I my limit is around .1 for Tubes but Ive gone much lower (.075) when I was being risky (I dont advise it!)

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah i usually have my tube at .12-.15, though certain setups work great up to .3 for me too...but yeah .9 is definitely not a great vape on a tm2+tube lol. maybe a mtl atty of some kind, but i dont have one to try. even on the noisy cricket that setup is needing about a seven second drag to produce a cloud, but its retro day (for me) so im gonna rock it all day like that (with intermittent rips on the osmium on .12 staples).

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
yeah i usually have my tube at .12-.15, though certain setups work great up to .3 for me too...but yeah .9 is definitely not a great vape on a tm2+tube lol. maybe a mtl atty of some kind, but i dont have one to try. even on the noisy cricket that setup is needing about a seven second drag to produce a cloud, but its retro day (for me) so im gonna rock it all day like that (with intermittent rips on the osmium on .12 staples).
I may pull out the old V3 Flip to join in on using older gear ;) The TM2 would probably look really good on it!

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wrap them the same, well I dont move inch by inch on the dual core/ tri-cores...I still use the drill be I go slow and keep a watchful eye on each and ever rotation and wrap....on the dual/tri cored versions I just let it rip the whole length..
For the monster just go slow, make sure your spacing is perfect and have them perfectly aligned and it will go smoothly, if its slightly off or the wrap is going forwards and then back then it will be a problem the whole length....adjust it to save you from headache the whole way...

Good I was going to say I my limit is around .1 for Tubes but Ive gone much lower (.075) when I was being risky (I dont advise it!)
Okay I'll give that a try.
And for anyone interested lightning vapes has alot of their wire half off on Amazon, 250ft of kanthal ribbon is only 10 dollars.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I may pull out the old V3 Flip to join in on using older gear ;) The TM2 would probably look really good on it!

yeah dude, retro day is fun. i think im gonna try to do it more often. i put a lot of effort into that polished diamond coil. i wanted to try something fancy from the early days, but with a modern twist. i wish i had some older gear to run it on. i feel like it would have been way better on an atty that people actually used these coils on. the tm2 is a totally different era/style and even in single coil mode with the air turned virtually off it still sucks at vaping like this. its ok on the nc with the air opened up though. a nice combo of retro and modern...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
yeah dude, retro day is fun. i think im gonna try to do it more often. i put a lot of effort into that polished diamond coil. i wanted to try something fancy from the early days, but with a modern twist. i wish i had some older gear to run it on. i feel like it would have been way better on an atty that people actually used these coils on. the tm2 is a totally different era/style and even in single coil mode with the air turned virtually off it still sucks at vaping like this. its ok on the nc with the air opened up though. a nice combo of retro and modern...
Some Polished Micro Clapton Zipper Nano Dragon Coils (6 Wraps each wire/1.5mm ID) should be about right for a mix of modern and retro building ;)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Something like this but 1.5mm ID and twice as long ;)
2d22c7e0f67b4a4f1e7a148ce8860c59.png

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Something like this but 1.5mm ID and twice as long ;)
2d22c7e0f67b4a4f1e7a148ce8860c59.png
i have a feeling your retro day vape is going to vape waaaay better than mine ;) cant wait to see it man. youre making me want to step mine up. maybe i will take a crack at three more of these diamonds and run a quad diamond retro day massacre...

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Decided i wanted to try a cat track coil, but wanted to make it smaller to use in series... i failed in flaattening the wire so i gave up and coiled it. Would have loved the traxks but this didnt end up too bad probably the tightest clapton ive ever done.
8x34k/32n80
80df0996090b68147f52eb65a2f78ddb.jpg

Vapes like a beast but xoiling it was a freakin bitch so some of the wraps were seperated and i tried n tried to close the gaps but it kept springing out... fruuustraaaaatiiiing.
Anyway, it vapes pretty damn good. Still working on the positioning of the coils on this rda, proved to be a handful.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So... who says sleep deprivation and alcoholism is bad? I finally figured out what I was doing wrong last night (at list 1AM), got it perfect. Did up 4 coils worth of 27g FCs wire last night (including 10 wraps for my Boreas), then got my 32g core FCs done today, amazing, 30w on my Pico, flavor on point, just ugh, I loves it so much. Amazing what just a few changes to how you hold things will do.

Now time to get my Theorem in a perfect setup with some SS cores. God I love how well this works now, the only thing I have to worry about is my hand cramping other than that it's just wrapping itself.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So TM v1 screws kinda work with the tm² deck, stuck this basic 2x26/42 fc 26/40 staged build in to see how it is, I don't mind it, its the same as the old one.
8208a213890f4be04d4da0a3ff8d6e09.jpg

95fa2ae7fb2f0ebf45d858326e3c4dd5.jpg

5d7c549b4fc7bff824519f1c8ab96fa4.jpg
They should be the same M3/3mm Screws used in the TM V1, and 90% of other RDA's that use Hex Set Screws

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I learned a vaping lesson today. Empty an RTA before going on a road trip with a 2500 ft elevation change. Full tank emptied itself through the air inlets.
hahaha, that makes sense. Same reason you see bags of chips with 2/3 of it full of air actually. Without that, you'd end up with crushed chips. Altitude is a son of a bitch (one of the few times I passed out is due to this sonovabitch, running sprints at sea level and at over a mile high, is a big difference).

fantasticplastic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just bought a drill to build my coils!

Nothing fancy like the builds in this thread, but here is my 28k around a 24k in my Petri V2.

jiCj7ZZ.jpg

Where do you guys have your wire roll when feeding it to your clapton? I have my thumb and index finger close to the core wire as it feeds, but while I am doing that, the springiness of the wire roll undoes itself like a wound tape.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just ordered 20 rolls of wire 3 being 1,000' 2 being 500' and the rest are between 100-250' for 90$ I'm telling you lightning vapes threw Amazon is the way to go if I got it threw their sire it would have easily been 200$

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Nothing fancy like the builds in this thread, but here is my 28k around a 24k in my Petri V2.

jiCj7ZZ.jpg

Where do you guys have your wire roll when feeding it to your clapton? I have my thumb and index finger close to the core wire as it feeds, but while I am doing that, the springiness of the wire roll undoes itself like a wound tape.

Post #9285 will show you what you need.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I just ordered 20 rolls of wire 3 being 1,000' 2 being 500' and the rest are between 100-250' for 90$ I'm telling you lightning vapes threw Amazon is the way to go if I got it threw their sire it would have easily been 200$

Twisting party in Dawn's basement, not necessary to byow, don't be late...

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

jiCj7ZZ.jpg

If I'm freehanding (no swivel) I drop the spool on a screw I have set into my desk then run the strand of wire up through the creases in my hand to keep it firm, and to the core wire. Before I did that I'd stretch the wire strait by tying it to the door handle and pulling it until it snapped (may be a bit tougher to straiten that way with 28g, I did this with 40g).

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Never need to buy wire again?

I bought 500' for $15 to cover what I really wanted, then heard about the k.bee bulk deal from Raymo, and grabbed another 10 different 100' spools of 22-40g SS for $25.

fantasticplastic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If I'm freehanding (no swivel) I drop the spool on a screw I have set into my desk then run the strand of wire up through the creases in my hand to keep it firm, and to the core wire. Before I did that I'd stretch the wire strait by tying it to the door handle and pulling it until it snapped (may be a bit tougher to straiten that way with 28g, I did this with 40g).

I drilled a hole in my desk for a screw which now has the fishing line swivels on it. Thanks for the idea. I think I will think screw in something else on my desk which can hold the reels. I will also try one of those elastic wire things anschutz54 suggested. Now I guess I should figure out how to give just the right amount of tension on the spoon so that it doesn't spin freely, but at the same time be able to feed the wire smoothly.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I drilled a hole in my desk for a screw which now has the fishing line swivels on it. Thanks for the idea. I think I will think screw in something else on my desk which can hold the reels. I will also try one of those elastic wire things anschutz54 suggested. Now I guess I should figure out how to give just the right amount of tension on the spoon so that it doesn't spin freely, but at the same time be able to feed the wire smoothly.
When using the swivels I hold the spool in my hand, it works quite nicely. Took me quite a few attempts to get the placement just right, but now it just works. Though I did have a disaster last night. My 40g spool went berserk on me, got all tangled up, by the time I pulled enough off to fix it I had a fucking steel wool brush in my hand. But, I fixed it and was able to do my coil... unfortunately the coil just wasn't quite right :(, still trying to get the perfect setup for my tube mod, this one was just right initially but after heating it's off, I have an Aspire CF Mod which has protections, but I'm aiming to get as close as I can without triggering the protections. Apparently my 24g SS FC is just too close to that mark. Later tonight I'll give 24+26g core a go. Trying to get the Theorem working just right, the ramp up on what I have right now is more than I want plus the resistance changes, and :gaah:. Getting specific results down to the letter is proving to be quite a pain. But, that's the fun of it.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
For stretching N80 I do it while its pulling off thew spool, I hold the spool with one hand and then use pliers to stretch it straight then I clip it.

I stretch my decored clapton buy leaving some wire at both ends, taking one end of the wire and you know on most drill you have a Flathead/Phillips head bit clipping thing at the bottom of the drill...I put the wire over the mount and then put the bit over it, and then I run across my office to stretch it...
Here:
DSC03320.jpg

VU Sponsors