Become a Patron!

Post your builds

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When you stagger (just fused clapton) is it possible for the 2nd wrap to land on top of the clapton wire as opposed to in the grooves?
I feel like I'm messing by just wrapping over everything instead of landing in the gaps. Then I re-adjust and phuck it up.
It would be good piece of mind to know that it won't just land anywhere.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
When you stagger (just fused clapton) is it possible for the 2nd wrap to land on top of the clapton wire as opposed to in the grooves?
I feel like I'm messing by just wrapping over everything instead of landing in the gaps. Then I re-adjust and phuck it up.
It would be good piece of mind to know that it won't just land anywhere.
It can land on, in or around any part of the wire...for Staggereds I like to go slow and fuse it by watching each wrap...Groove Fusing I like to go full speed, making sure I keep the angle perfect.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm giving up for the day.
Even 34 was a pain but I could see what I was doing.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks bud, I dont really mind if I dont want any round...maybe except for the last, thats the only one with my concern. I am a bit worried for this round, the deadline is Thursday and its Tsuka coils..I only have a tiny bit of Ribbon right now and Im waiting for me wire to come in but I havent gotten a email about it yet...Ill make due if needed though.

Just made it to 5K in Followers on Instagram, Ive only been on it since Late April...which blows my mind, this past week alone I gain almost 1000 followers...

Another Groove Fused Staggerton, mini sized. This came out flawless...the only reason why some wraps arent perfect is from adjusting the coils..

14533531_1821426724769909_4209717074257248256_n.jpg
View attachment 63735 View attachment 63736 View attachment 63737 View attachment 63738 View attachment 63739 View attachment 63740 View attachment 63741
I sent you a couple of 100 followers from YouTube and from my colleague Vape companies that deal with coils and wire.... Any one ask me about coils and I say look up Raymo2u.....

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does n60 color differently than n80?
All I know about n60 is it has less nickel but I'm pretty sure it's the chrome that affects the color.
First time I used n80 as a wrap I noticed that it was way harder to get the hotspots out of it. Maybe the nickel content makes it conduct across the surface better.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All I know about n60 is it has less nickel but I'm pretty sure it's the chrome that affects the color.
First time I used n80 as a wrap I noticed that it was way harder to get the hotspots out of it. Maybe the nickel content makes it conduct across the surface better.
This is a *Raymo question he is the color pro.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

N60 does color slightly differently and at a different rate since the resistance is different. I feel N80 colors better but you do get some slightly different hues of colors with N60, though the window of color is shorter. I would pulse in the 16w-18w range until you see them appear.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't have any but I was willing to get some if there was any reason to.

Like if you were making a SSFC. Using n80 on the frames since they'll get hot first and then n60 for the wrap.
I'd do that with n80 on the frames and SS wrap but the heat threshold to color isn't even close and SS (in my experience) gunks up faster.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I don't have any but I was willing to get some if there was any reason to.

Like if you were making a SSFC. Using n80 on the frames since they'll get hot first and then n60 for the wrap.
I'd do that with n80 on the frames and SS wrap but the heat threshold to color isn't even close and SS (in my experience) gunks up faster.
I try to use it in the reverse order, then they mix well. Use SS for Cores and N80 for the Outer wrap, that way the SS gets most of the heat and the N80 gets less. I would try 28g SS and 38g/40g N80 to test it out..

I like SS+Kanthal D myself....some real colors in that combo, almost the entire color wheel can be touched.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What's the difference between D and A color wise?
I'll hit up steam-engine.org and see the difference in resistance.
Edit: Slightly lower resistance and a little less aluminum.
Thanks. I never would have even looked into it.

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What's the difference between D and A color wise?
I'll hit up steam-engine.org and see the difference in resistance.
Edit: Slightly lower resistance and a little less aluminum.
Thanks. I never would have even looked into it.
KA1 has reeally dull colors, none lifelike-almost matte. Purplish-blue-yellow
KD has a WIDE range of colors, from greenish blue-green-purple-red-gold-orange-silver and then baby bluish/royal blue

Most of the colorful builds Ive posted composed of Kanthal D and SS

IMG_20161007_103609218.jpg IMG_20160930_160057885.jpg 20160811_173016.jpg IMG_20160926_152025.jpg IMG_20160930_160504942.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You do need to pulse for 2-5 seconds at upwards of 110w., then you can change the colors by doing that every 10w higher...you need them to glow HOT for colors and it takes alot to change coloring....very easy to work with
Raymo did it last night..... Took me a while finigeling, but finally did get enough to finish (4) coils..... I got it....... Hell yeah.....
cf664e80f9a05c78a269535ae88ddadf.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Raymo did it last night..... Took me a while finigeling, but finally did get enough to finish (4) coils..... I got it....... Hell yeah.....
View attachment 63864

Looks pretty damn clean also! Well done man!

I made some as well (well Alien Framed Staple Variants), check out the SUPER Macro shot!!

14714625_1105106892911967_4668118912284491776_n.jpg
1d21615360a2a869ccbc31f9a9e9c24b.jpg
14716558_209294499476179_165520338711478272_n.jpg
14733265_1112412108855857_8846052674500558848_n.jpg
14719698_1125569417534233_866153659308703744_n.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks pretty damn clean also! Well done man!

I made some as well (well Alien Framed Staple Variants), check out the SUPER Macro shot!!

14714625_1105106892911967_4668118912284491776_n.jpg
1d21615360a2a869ccbc31f9a9e9c24b.jpg
14716558_209294499476179_165520338711478272_n.jpg
14733265_1112412108855857_8846052674500558848_n.jpg
14719698_1125569417534233_866153659308703744_n.jpg
Those look gorgeous and they probably hit good..... Man these coils take time..... Now I see why some people want $20 for 2 coils...

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You'll get faster at it. It takes me about 2 minutes to straighten 6 pieces (for a 12 ply) another minute for the frames, another 2 minutes to line up and tape the ribbon and 2 to 5 to line it all up on the swivel.

If you pull the ribbon with toothless pliers till you feel it stretch, it'll be perfectly straight. If you cut the ribbon clean and don't leave the ends all messed up, it helps alot with the final lining up process.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Those look gorgeous and they probably hit good..... Man these coils take time..... Now I see why some people want $20 for 2 coils...

Its the amount of time, wire and effort that prices are determined but most people dont know how difficult some coils are..Ive never thought anything Ive made is worth much so I dont charge as much as others, even if the time and effort is there.

Some coils though I feel should cost much more then $30/pair like SSFC's and other Staggered/Fused coils...you can spend a few hours fusing them and usually you have to try a few times for a perfect pair.

Qlippoth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its the amount of time, wire and effort that prices are determined but most people dont know how difficult some coils are..Ive never thought anything Ive made is worth much so I dont charge as much as others, even if the time and effort is there.

Some coils though I feel should cost much more then $30/pair like SSFC's and other Staggered/Fused coils...you can spend a few hours fusing them and usually you have to try a few times for a perfect pair.
Haha yeah. Some guys locally thought what I was doing was easy and tried to make a fraple as his first attempt in building exotic coils. Of course that didn't go so well and he finally understood why I charge a lot and respected the process of making these. I wish I could charge as much as 20usd but that's too steep for the people here haha.

Anyway, back to my favorite build. I'm tempted to get a pharaoh instead of another goon for single coil shots and I might be able to use them here and there. Single coil on my Goon just doesn't sit too well with me. And a single coil staged alien. Still looking for my sweet spot in a tube.

Fralien 2x28gka1/5x.4ka1/38gn80 at .14 ohms
e49e193884a2e063bd807563082451b8.jpg
e5f12c1ca04f23e9c3f2819e1d00f7ee.jpg
e623d4a57c4c6545b4238f4fb8ad0191.jpg
6363d4038ffb25f697da94a95f9eade5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Qlippoth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Haha yeah. Some guys locally thought what I was doing was easy and tried to make a fraple as his first attempt in building exotic coils. Of course that didn't go so well and he finally understood why I charge a lot and respected the process of making these. I wish I could charge as much as 20usd but that's too steep for the people here haha.

Anyway, back to my favorite build. I'm tempted to get a pharaoh instead of another goon for single coil shots and I might be able to use them here and there. Single coil on my Goon just doesn't sit too well with me. And a single coil staged alien. Still looking for my sweet spot in a tube.

Qlippoth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You'll get faster at it. It takes me about 2 minutes to straighten 6 pieces (for a 12 ply) another minute for the frames, another 2 minutes to line up and tape the ribbon and 2 to 5 to line it all up on the swivel.

If you pull the ribbon with toothless pliers till you feel it stretch, it'll be perfectly straight. If you cut the ribbon clean and don't leave the ends all messed up, it helps alot with the final lining up process.
This. Especially trimming the edges. For me, setup is the most important part of fraples and any variant of it.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Anyway, back to my favorite build. I'm tempted to get a pharaoh instead of another goon for single coil shots and I might be able to use them here and there.

I just got sponsored by Geekvape , well my team did anyway! I had a choice of the RDA/RTA's they have and I ended up choosing their newest release, the Lynx. Its a 24mm with Shuriken posts and spring loaded clamps..I cant wait to try it out!
The Pharaoh I was thinking of getting myself and removing the covers for the reservoir....I dont see a need for the material, its taking of valuable juice well space!

I know the rates of your competitors in your area...I dont know how you do it man!

Qlippoth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got sponsored by Geekvape , well my team did anyway! I had a choice of the RDA/RTA's they have and I ended up choosing their newest release, the Lynx. Its a 24mm with Shuriken posts and spring loaded clamps..I cant wait to try it out!
The Pharaoh I was thinking of getting myself and removing the covers for the reservoir....I dont see a need for the material, its taking of valuable juice well space!

I know the rates of your competitors in your area...I dont know how you do it man!
Nice! Congrats bro on more sponsorships! That sounds like a pretty cool atty. I'll wait for it's release here and maybe settle on getting that instead vs another goon or the pharaoh. Let's see

So far, so good with the sales here. The ones who bought are very happy with their coils plus I think I'm the only one locally who sells fraples and fraliens even charging a little under 10usd might not be the best but at least it's paying for my wires and they're very happy with the performance. Even the regular aliens. Down with demon killer lol!

Haha it helped a lot when I went on a building spree when I learned how to do fraliens. Oddly enough, I now find them easier to do than regular aliens.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This. Especially trimming the edges. For me, setup is the most important part of fraples and any variant of it.

Agreed. As much as the ribbon costs and how many feet it takes to make a set of coils, I don't like to rush it.
I made 2 staple coils last night. One came out perfectly flat and when coiled it looked nice and square. The other one looked different. Instead of being flat the wire had a rounded appearance. Like it had a bulge thing going on. I can't figure out what happened.

I used 38g for the first time too. Much harder to use than 36g imo. Any mistakes will show up. Usually I get my clapton started and run wide open with my spool a few inches infront of the wrap. It didn't work with 38g. It left spaces.
I have to be perpendicular with the wrap and go slower.
I don't see how people alien with 40g!

Oh yeah. Tomorrow vapordna.com is having a 6 week sale. They say the iJoy LUX will be pretty affordable. They made it seem pretty exciting in the email.

I hope the iJoy combo tank goes on sale. It also has Shuriken posts.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Agreed. As much as the ribbon costs and how many feet it takes to make a set of coils, I don't like to rush it.
I made 2 staple coils last night. One came out perfectly flat and when coiled it looked nice and square. The other one looked different. Instead of being flat the wire had a rounded appearance. Like it had a bulge thing going on. I can't figure out what happened.

I used 38g for the first time too. Much harder to use than 36g imo. Any mistakes will show up. Usually I get my clapton started and run wide open with my spool a few inches infront of the wrap. It didn't work with 38g. It left spaces.
I have to be perpendicular with the wrap and go slower.
I don't see how people alien with 40g!

Oh yeah. Tomorrow vapordna.com is having a 6 week sale. They say the iJoy LUX will be pretty affordable. They made it seem pretty exciting in the email.

I hope the iJoy combo tank goes on sale. It also has Shuriken posts.

I can get ribbon wire pretty cheap...hows $35 for 500ft shipped? :cool: (.3R, .5R and .8R KA1)
Im starting to move my own wire, my inventory isnt massive right now but I believe in some time Ill be able to move weight

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can get ribbon wire pretty cheap...hows $35 for 500ft shipped? :cool: (.3R, .5R and .8R KA1)
Im starting to move my own wire, my inventory isnt massive right now but I believe in some time Ill be able to move weight

Let me know when you start!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Get the pharaoh. You'll love it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
In due time, I think the next RDA on my purchase list is the Reload RDA by Reloadvapor

My Norris 30mm should be here tomorrow....too bad my drill charger died today :oops::cry:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If you lived closer to Burlington I'd lend you mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im not too worried about it, I still have a corded drill and my friend is going to bring my old drill back....it just sucks I wont have the same speed and variable trigger as the Ryobi did..

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know. I PMD you a few days ago.
I like 0.4 over 0.5 because the density is lower. I'm sure 0.3 would be better.

If I can stack 0.4 pretty easily, 0.3 won't be too much harder will it?
I really need a PP account so I gan hit up you and kingorchid.

Is kingorchid's wire as good as LV or Temco?
I tried kbees wire. Not a fan.

Is your 0.3 kanthal D?

@MannyScoot
What gauge wrap and cores did you use?
I'm still trying 36g. 34 is easy as pie for me. With 36 I always have problems.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got another Tank by Scottua...... I'm just retired from rdas...... I'm getting good flavor and 12ml last me a couple of hours......
IMAG1944.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Is your 0.3 kanthal D?

@MannyScoot
.3 is a bit more difficult at first but it becomes more natural with some practice, Ill have .4R here very soon. Ill update you when I have it. All Ribbon wire is A1, N80 wouldnt be any cheaper then what you find elsewhere. Have you tried Coilsociety.com yet?

Kingorchids wire is Sandvik wire, its as good as KP's wire, I would say its better then Temco..
Kbee wire is hit or miss for some people, Ive never had a problem but Ive heard others who have.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Is your 0.3 kanthal D?

@MannyScoot
The kanthal says a1 28g (3)cores and Tmn80 outside 36gauge

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is new for me, I use what I have and mix and match on what I read, I don't want to spend money on cable I won't use..... Raymos coils Inspired me so I started building fused Claptons and now trying aliens...... Just learning...

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Im not too worried about it, I still have a corded drill and my friend is going to bring my old drill back....it just sucks I wont have the same speed and variable trigger as the Ryobi did..
Ryobi are pretty awesome drills. I have a Milwaukee

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
This is new for me, I use what I have and mix and match on what I read, I don't want to spend money on cable I won't use..... Raymos coils Inspired me so I started building fused Claptons and now trying aliens...... Just learning...

I just don't have the time or patience. The furthest I got was claptons a while ago before you could buy it on spools. Now I just buy spools instead. Only thing I'll do is twist wire cause it takes like a minute lol

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With aliens I found a guy I tell him man I would love some aliens he said ok,...... (2) coils $13.00.... I was like man I need (4) 6 wraps 4mm and (6) 8 wraps 4mm.... And (10) 6 wraps 3mm.... He tells me... $200.00

I was like man what's your name Raymo2u....... I think I'm getting fucked here..... He tells me alright many you sound like a cool dude, I'll throw in a couple of extra... Just for you !!!!

I told him are you throwing in some KY......

Then I tell him how about if you just make the wire and I make the coils....
He says ok..... 10- 12" inch you can make about 20 coils..... $150.00

I was like ok.... Let me think how bad I need a good fudge packing...... And yep I made my own.....

I use these (2) old drills I bought for $25 in a garage sale......
7b1b72b2405f2b8f6209f84ad92a1258.jpg
7ace346c85864ae5e0f18ed7e875f585.jpg

Last edited:

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you did that with 36g then congrats!
I can't even do 36 yet. I've tried and succeed a few times. Got a few coils done but I'm pretty inconsistent. I recently learned it's better if you don't stretch it very far and tried a few pieces. It's better but I won't be throwing it on a staple anytime soon.

I used LV clapton for a very long time. One day I got tired of it and wanted more options. 22/32 vapes a million times better than fused 26/36. Ymmv.
Now when I build someone's deck for them I use my LV clapton.A good reminder that all this is worth the effort...lol.
I'm pretty sure 22 alone would outperform fused 26/36.

@raymo2u
No, I've not tried coil.society wire but I've looked around. Most of their prices are the same or more than temco/lv till you get into the high gauges. That'll probably be where I get 38 and up.
I haven't even looked into kingorchid yet because I don't have a PP account yet. Probably should.

Last edited:

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@whiteowl84
I appreciate the input you gave me on my build. I will do that next time. I see where you're going with that and it makes perfect sense. Probably be a couple of weeks but I'll do it. Tomorrow I'm gonna build my first braid. Been wanting to do one, and I have to replace the build I have in my 13H9H. I built a 3mm 5 wrap 24x28 Clapton and the ramp time is just stupid. Flavor is really great but the clouds are weak. I might leave it one more week, depending on when I get done grocery shopping, Cowboys play the Packers at 3:25, so no building, just yelling.
:xD::gaah::cuss2::tantrum::bliss:

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@whiteowl84
I appreciate the input you gave me on my build. I will do that next time. I see where you're going with that and it makes perfect sense. Probably be a couple of weeks but I'll do it. Tomorrow I'm gonna build my first braid. Been wanting to do one, and I have to replace the build I have in my 13H9H. I built a 3mm 5 wrap 24x28 Clapton and the ramp time is just stupid. Flavor is really great but the clouds are weak. I might leave it one more week, depending on when I get done grocery shopping, Cowboys play the Packers at 3:25, so no building, just yelling.
:xD::gaah::cuss2::tantrum::bliss:
For clapton, my favorite is 22/32 or fused 24/36. I prefer the former.
The ramp up isn't bad if you go all n80. It's not bad with A1 either.
Just build to the power you're using and it's great. Crazy surface and reasonable mass.

If you use wire wizard in steam-engine.org you can play with your cores and wraps and see what the mass, surface and volume will be like.

Good luck on the braid...never tried.
I have a hard time believing it can match the flavor of 22g clapton so I never learned. They do look good though. Especially when framed and staggered.

12ply, 26g frames, 38g n80 wrap.

It looks goofy because it had another wrap.
I wish I had I had a camera that could catch all the color. I love the aqua and purple.

@raymo2u
What is the name of the wrap on that last coil you posted?
It looks like what would happen if you made an alien land 90° off.

Last edited:

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@whiteowl84
Lol... I was just playin around with the wire that day. I actually didn't intend to leave it in but situations arose and... tada it's still in. I pretty much always use N80 my favorite Clapton is 24x34 but I never build just a straight Clapton build it's always Staged, Staggerd, Fused... whatever... and I usually use a 24/26 gauge core. In my RTAs I prefer a 28 core. For flavor I really like Stovetopped Reef and Matrix coils but they tend to be time consuming and build time is something I don't have a lot of.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@whiteowl84 Its a Alien Mohawk....Its not seen on Framed Staples or other wider coils becuase its actually harder to make it that way then it is a Enigma over wide surfaces ;)

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Bigger wraps actually vape really well in my experience. If you keep it tight and use n80, the ramp up isn't terrible. It does nake the wire bigger so you have to factor that into the build.
6 wraps of 22/32 was better than 8 or 9 of 22/36 imo. Both in ramp up and performance.

VU Sponsors