Become a Patron!

Post your builds

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think the best definition of normal I've heard is from Suicide Squad. "Normal is a setting on a dryer." *chuckles* I didn't misunderstand what you were saying regarding your thought processes. I got where you were going. My big problem? I collapse everything together. For instance I can trace the roots of Nazism back to some occult Jewish origins. Of course, I can also trace lines from something happening tomorrow to something happening today. I see the lines between dots and bring all the dots together. I over think, constantly. I also have a droll, dark gallows humor.

This is why I enjoy the irony of the Britt pop group Spandu Ballet's name. Spandu being the locale where the Nazi war criminals were hung after being tried. Upon hanging bodies kick and writhe, almost like a ballet. An interesting fact, if the noose knot is turned around to a person's face, they'll strangle upon hanging. That means their dying takes quite a while, is excruciating. Some of the original Britt commandos who were acting as executioners let some of the criminals suffer that. "Oh, oops, we didn't know." If the knot is placed in back of the head, it snaps the top four vertebra of the spine up next to the skull. That's a nearly instant death, humane. A proper noose has thirteen coils to counter the seven vertebra of the spine nearest the skull.

See? I over think and can point out too there's a lot of religious implications of seven stairs to "heaven". Gee, seven vertebra against a skull, coincidence? I don't believe in such creatures. Think about that type of yoga what teaches opening charkas. You'll probably see where I'm going with my correlations. But yeah, there's me ... lost in thought/s. :)
What you describe is a perfect example of someone who is a creative thinker. To see what most people can not see, and the gift of being capable to create innovation by transferring logical connections and thought principles onto areas that, "normally", would fall outside the scope from which they have originated.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What you describe is a perfect example of someone who is a creative thinker.

I also try being as self sufficient as feasible, resourceful, and minimizing my "footprint". Granted I know I seem to cast a long shadow. I'm really quiet in life though. As I've mentioned on the forum before, take away my keyboard I go speechless. :) Though, I can still manage some conversation. Usually if I have something of value to say.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I was there first bub :D

Yeah the TM RDAs are popular among exotic builders because they photograph so well. They supposed to vape good too which would be a real bonus huh?
I'm not big on colored coated decks, which I would have to deal with on the Dang too.

fullsizeoutput_12fe_1024x1024.jpeg
I have 2 just like that. One I use on my SQ 217 and one I use on my Clutch. Of course I have Killer Coils in both of them. I really like the way they vape.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have 2 just like that. One I use on my SQ 217 and one I use on my Clutch. Of course I have Killer Coils in both of them. I really like the way they vape.

I was always a big fan of them for coil building/pics but never was a fan of vaping them... just a very generic vape IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My brain thinks waa-aaaa-aaaaaaay faster than my 2000rpm cordless drill can keep up with so, my instincts don't easily take over. That's just part of who I am, how I've always been so there's seriously nothing I can do about it... yet, despite this, I also actually mess up more when I'm going slower... in fact it didn't take long for me to notice the fact there aren't too many people who don't. So then I got curious about why that is, as my wanting to know everything about everything (or almost) also is part of who I am. The answer is really simple. At high speed it just slaps it into place so that buys you more leeway.

As for SS316L as the decore. For me, it is just a major no no, as all it really does is add more rampup and make the coils last 10-12 times less long so Ni80 or go home, and, no Sir, steel isn't anywhere close to being softer than nickel with a bit of chromium. lol Nice of you to stop by and say hi, though!:)

Yup, faster is better for aliens IMO.... I typically get a bunch of decores ready and a bunch of wire stacks together and then just bang on the aliens in no time... I think it took me 30 minutes before (after setting all them up) to bang out 10 sticks of 3 coils each, including setting up the sticks between aliens and stretching the decore. I probably spend about a minute to minute and a half tops on each stick for the alien. I have been making these for a long time now though so that defiantly has to be taken into consideration. I know when i first started getting comfortable with aliens (LONG time ago now lmao) it took me soooooo long to get them done haha

Yeah it’s a bit odd, I can’t explain it. But when I have the SS316L decore in between my fingers it feels softer, less springy compared to n80 and kanthal.

As for SS decore not lasting as long I’m not sure why? I mean my aliens last me months if I clean them once a week, never noticed my n80 aliens lasting any longer or shorter then them.... and the ramp up of the coil really isn’t effected by the wrap best of my knowledge. It’s not something I’ve ever actually inspected but I don’t vape on mechs really so it doesn’t matter to me one way or another... I’m typically on my dna mods and PWMs.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Made more

482228f1b28749d73be6417b70fc365f.jpg

Nothing Amazing, just 3.27.36 and 4.28.36 N80

Used my DeWalt Impact drill, there are two functions, off and 2400 rpm

I think I’d be good with around 1400ish rpms as the norm, full on 2400 was a tad fast for me... but I managed

Be rad!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Made more

482228f1b28749d73be6417b70fc365f.jpg

Nothing Amazing, just 3.27.36 and 4.28.36 N80

Used my DeWalt Impact drill, there are two functions, off and 2400 rpm

I think I’d be good with around 1400ish rpms as the norm, full on 2400 was a tad fast for me... but I managed

Be rad!

Dude rad aliens, and if you handle 2400 with aliens you might try high gauge claptons like 40-46

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dude rad aliens, and if you handle 2400 with aliens you might try high gauge claptons like 40-46

Thinnest wire I have is 40g... made a set of 3x30x40 Aliens once... but I am so blind... plus it was a long time ago that I made those... back when I was squonking

upload_2020-4-22_17-30-28.png

only picture I have of that set I made... and it was all by feel... haven't been able to replicate it, but havent tried in a long while... hmm something to try tomorrow LOL

As for fused etc... yeah I can spin those for days without worry on the impact at 2400...

I was gonna make a 5x30x38 Alien tomorrow, or at least try...

Nothing but time to get better at making them lately.

Buddy is all MTL and is asking me to make him some 34 core Aliens with 44/46 wrap... I immediately shut that down... WAY TO BLIND FOR THAT!

I do appreciate your compliment, I've watched your 5 core video on YT more than a few times and actually took the left to center right to center from you :D

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just made the most perfect set of staggs. Ive ever made
Only 2 core but im happy
2x26/38 ss 316

#staytuned
258dcdf77e0b813054e9c4c60dd5091b.jpg

Sent from a very cloudy room
those look awesome, I'm scared of SS and esp. low ohm SS but that staggering looks like a super rowdy yet flavorful vape

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
nice one gopher! how many have you tried for the 3 core?
Not a lot really, usually I just stick with standard 2 core fused Claptons. I used the Patinos critters to keep them in place. I had some time and just decided to play with them again after digging around in a desk drawer and seeing the Patinos staring me in the face.:giggle:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Not a lot really, usually I just stick with standard 2 core fused Claptons. I used the Patinos critters to keep them in place. I had some time and just decided to play with them again after digging around in a desk drawer and seeing the Patinos staring me in the face.:giggle:

they really help keep the cores flat I use them too, though mine don’t seem to slide too well so I use them like I would normal sliders....stop/start method just keep the spool in a zippy bag and maintain tension as I move it

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Where would you guys and gals recommend I grab some ni80 22ga or 24ga (I'm not sure which to get) wire from? I'd be using it for simple round wire builds.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
KC TM24 PRO.jpg
These are my Killer coils in a TM24 PRO. These coils are unique to anything on the market today. I developed these to be used on a single battery mech mod but they work great on a regulated mod also. They ramp up quickly and produce dense thick clouds with great flavor. I use these in everything. I also make a series version of these I call Serial Killer coils. Dual coil setup ohms out at ..17ohms. I do sell these coils.

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the input - I ordered 22 & 24 ga ni80 and some cotton bacon prime just because I'd never tried it.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
they really help keep the cores flat I use them too, though mine don’t seem to slide too well so I use them like I would normal sliders....stop/start method just keep the spool in a zippy bag and maintain tension as I move it

I stopped using those a while ago, they take up to much real estate at the end of the cores. I printed some that screw on and off the cores so when I get to the end I can pop them off and finish.

If I’m making just 3 core aliens then I’ll use one Patinos style slider in front and just normal 36g wraps in a few spots to hold it together, but I tend to use/sell a ton more fraliens and it’s too much waste with them...

Most of the time with the fraliens though they stay intact with nothing but a few wire wraps so that’s always a plus. I enjoy making fraliens so much more then standard aliens.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I stopped using those a while ago, they take up to much real estate at the end of the cores. I printed some that screw on and off the cores so when I get to the end I can pop them off and finish.

If I’m making just 3 core aliens then I’ll use one Patinos style slider in front and just normal 36g wraps in a few spots to hold it together, but I tend to use/sell a ton more fraliens and it’s too much waste with them...

Most of the time with the fraliens though they stay intact with nothing but a few wire wraps so that’s always a plus. I enjoy making fraliens so much more then standard aliens.

Know what you mean especially if using 3 at a time

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ok, what's the catch? Those prices are insanely low.
Not the same quality as KP or Tempco, and tends to be dirty. But for practice trying to get a build down it could be an option.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Not the same quality as KP or Tempco, and tends to be dirty. But for practice trying to get a build down it could be an option.
I've never had any problems with it and their customer service has always been top notch for me.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This guys humble opinion on KB wire... buy it if you like it... I'll never vape on it again... it was filthy back in the day.

Have they changed and got better? No idea, won't buy any to find out. Companies get one chance with me, if its wire, mods, rdas, food, beer or whatnot... failed to impress... don't care how cheap it is, won't do it ;)

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This guys humble opinion on KB wire... buy it if you like it... I'll never vape on it again... it was filthy back in the day.

Have they changed and got better? No idea, won't buy any to find out. Companies get one chance with me, if its wire, mods, rdas, food, beer or whatnot... failed to impress... don't care how cheap it is, won't do it ;)
lol

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Dude, I’ll never get from Kbee again. I used to get from them all the time YEARS ago until I grabbed a bundle pack from them, like 10 spools of .4 k1, and it was FILTHY. Contacted customer service and they wouldn’t make it right. Just not worth dealing with them honestly.

Don’t get me wrong, I still used the wire for practice builds but If I was going to vape them I made sure to give EACH strand of ribbon a serious cleaning which was just a gigantic pain in the ass. I still have like 4/5 spools of it here that I use once in a while to try a new build.

Now I stick with Wire Optim, the wire from them is always on point.... never any issues. I used to grab from the more expensive spots like KP, Coil Society, etc... but I just don’t see a point anymore. wire optim truly stepped their game up a few years back.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I've bought a crapload of wire from Jacobs Online - LITERALLY over 100 miles of it. Absolutely fantastic wire - and of course, it's Sandvik. Always wound to perfection. He doesn't stock everything that we use, but what he does stock has been 100% spot on every time I've ordered from him.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
when you guys say dirty wire, what do you mean ? machine oils ?

black...looks almost like a carbon deposit from being thinned going through the rollers...at least the crazy wire company has this especially on the kanthal

wipe a length down with vodka and you’ll see loads of residue crap on the rag, don’t get that with clean wire, they clean and anneal it first before/during spooling

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
black...looks almost like a carbon deposit from being thinned going through the rollers...at least the crazy wire company has this especially on the kanthal

wipe a length down with vodka and you’ll see loads of residue crap on the rag, don’t get that with clean wire, they clean and anneal it first before/during spooling

wow, thatss fucked up.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
wow, thatss fucked up.

Yeah really is don’t wanna be vaping on that, no amount of preheating is gonna get everything off especially coils with wraps on top

Kanthal does have higher iron content that most so will tarnish easier, although chromium should stabilise it somewhat, i personally always give kanthal a wipe first no matter where it comes from because of that

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Have a question maybe someone can answer.

Groove fused Staggertons

How would one input those in steam engine?

6x.3/38/2x28 Grooved Fused/44

Crapatalk says I reached my upload cap for the month so here is the link

https://ohmlandcoils.com/products/new-groove-fused-staplestaggerton?variant=5936199893024

Appreciate the tutelage

Start with the Clapton option. Then change Wrap to Staggered Clapton, then add your ribbon cores as parallel. Not sure if this is correct, as I've never used the staggered Clapton setting before. If not, then just try regular Clapton with 8 cores - 2 round, 6 ribbon. The resistance specs will be slightly off, but nothing that should make any real difference.

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Start with the Clapton option. Then change Wrap to Staggered Clapton, then add your ribbon cores as parallel. Not sure if this is correct, as I've never used the staggered Clapton setting before. If not, then just try regular Clapton with 8 cores - 2 round, 6 ribbon. The resistance specs will be slightly off, but nothing that should make any real difference.

Yeah, I mostly wanted to see the mass of those coils... seems it’s going to be a ton regardless of correct Input

VU Sponsors