https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
it's not funny, but it's one of those truths that are so ridiculous you can't help but laugh.

When Covid is over, y'all come down to Williamsburg and have dinner at Food forThought. It will restore your faith in humanity.

You're a good guy, Bird.

We may end up in Aldi VA next summer to visit my sister. If so, I’ll see what kind of side trip we can make to Williamsberg.
Lucky I wasn't there at the time. Broke foot, warts and all as I'm so broke down they would have been taught what it meant to move. (WWE Announcer voice)"Oh no, he's beating the cook with his crutches, ah .... oh my gawd one went sideways where? Oh no, parents guard your children's eyes!"

Seven hours for a meal? F*** me runnin'! I would have least had words with the management. The words would have been simple. "I'm telling 100 friends how bad you treated us. Guess what? You just lost a thousand customers. Now, my meal is on the house and have a nice day."

Yes, I know I say praise in public but condemn in private. It is not hypocritical of me, or a double standard to know dealing with food is another matter. It is different and public attention is warranted for bad service or goods in food.
I feel you bro, we weren’t there for seven hours though. It felt like that though. By the time we got the bill we felt like we were paying to leave. We just wanted the hell out.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
People who don't consider others while driving pissed me off. Someone yesterday changed lanes and almost drove into me. They didn't even look. They turned their blinker on and just merged. I guess it's they're world and Im just in the way.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm in my kitchen packing a big ass box. Got music blasting and my beer which is fucking frozen! I forgot to take it out of the freezer. Now I'm swillin' a half warm one.

Someone should make dedicated beer timers for freezer beer. For Miller it should be one that yells out, "It's Miller Time!"

For Corona, "Ariba, Ariba!"

Sent from a Bar across town.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Don't you just wish they never shot out the Tassie Tigers. I always hate the thought they did that! What a great looking animal that was. Hate watching the footage of that last one alive.
Love the Tassie Devils. Awesome little animals. Here's hoping they hunt cat's here! :giggle:
Sorry cat lovers, they've decimated our small marsupial wildlife.
Had a Staffy that we said goodbye to a year ago that had all the markings, black n white like a Tassie Devil. Was crazy like one too, but great with people. Snarled and mucked around growling at us at times but it was all in fun and he'd have a huge grin on his face doing it, he was an hilarious dog, a real clown. Was Within a day of getting him as a pup me and the misses both agreed, "his name is Taz" after the Tassie Devils.
Here's a picture of Taz with the misses holding him up looking through the Jail door they held Ned Kelly in at Jerildere when we came back from Qld.
Typical grinner face he pulled all the time. :)
20201006_165506(1).jpg

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
@Smigo there has been talks of reviving tigers. By crossing them with devils
Yep, heard of DNA type revival. I would so love to see that happen. How good would it be to go to Melbourne Zoo and see a Tassie Tiger or even to know doing it was a success! Id book a seat on the Taz ferry straight up to see one. So hope they can do it. How amazing would that be! Would make my day for sure if it happened. ?
Dolly the sheep would pale into insignificance if that happens.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep, heard of DNA type revival. I would so love to see that happen. How good would it be to go to Melbourne Zoo and see a Tassie Tiger or even to know doing it was a success! Id book a seat on the Taz ferry straight up to see one. So hope they can do it. How amazing would that be! Would make my day for sure if it happened.
Dolly the sheep would pale into insignificance if that happens.
I think that dolly the sheep ran into a plethora of medical issues after a year or so

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I think that dolly the sheep ran into a plethora of medical issues after a year or so
Yep, she did. Bahhed out very soon after.
Fingers crossed the Tiger does not do the same. Would love to see it brought back. Seriously would. ?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
POST EDITED by TYGERTYGER 20201006
----------------------------------------------------

Content of this post removed.

This place card, left as a reminder that we aren't going to let incendiary topics disturb the peace around here. There's a zillion places that welcome this nature of discussion, we're just not one of them.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
either you go for what you posted there or I go.
Racist asshole.

board management decides....

Last edited by a moderator:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Clearly you didn't look at what exactly it was before you decided to report it.
Clearly you didn’t look at it before you posted it

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Clearly you didn't look at what exactly it was before you decided to report it.
I could not stomach past the first 15 seconds or so.
I will not grace such hate filled racist garbage with my viewing it.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since the post was pulled my comment there is gone as well.
it was basically the following:
If this board does not ban someone posting such racist hate filled garbage then I will self ban.
I will not be a member of a board that will tolerate such actions.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month so I made a new wallpaper for my phone.
5ebb6f6912eedffc13b1abe7ba33c0ff.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I could not stomach past the first 15 seconds or so.
I will not grace such hate filled racist garbage with my viewing it.
Again, it was neither hate filled nor racist. Calling it racist could in itself be viewed as racist, though...

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Since the post was pulled my comment there is gone as well.
it was basically the following:
If this board does not ban someone posting such racist hate filled garbage then I will self ban.
I will not be a member of a board that will tolerate such actions.
In that case you should self ban for the fact you are falsely accusing me.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
evidently we have different definitions.
The simple fact of the matter is, whatever you want to call it, it’s not allowed here and WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

end of discussion
End of discussion or not, your definitions are still obviously incorrect. (And this isn't the first time your definitions are incorrect about something.) Either way I don't care. Forum moderators who make these kinds of typical mistakes are a dime a dozen, and not just over at ecf.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am outta here.

Due to this and previous racist posts by others here and no one getting punished.
Not a place I want to post at or donate money to.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well shit I hate to see that.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Telemarketers and spammers. It's insane the amount of calls and texts I've been getting in the last month. I got a new phone and they started immediately...wtf, did they sell my number the moment they sold it to me?

I did get one good the other day. We were in the car when my wife got a call from a Diabetes Center. She had it on speaker phone and the woman asked if so and so was there. My wife told her that this was the third time they've called. The woman then asked if she had diabetes. I then said loudly that my father was the only one with diabetes but that he died after being treated at her clinic. She went silent then 3 seconds later hung up. It made my wife laugh.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
We keep a land line with Cox for emergencies. It was packed away for 2yrs while this house was being restored from the flood. I got it back and there were 30 old messages. I finally deleted all messages and was able to shut off the answering machine part of it. I swear, his mother loved getting spam calls. I was home once when she was going to give her private info. I went in there and just hung up the phone and gave her a stern warning. She would still donate to the begging calls though. I couldn't stop her. We got a lot of calendars, greeting cards and return address labels though. God rest her soul. I tend to get nasty like you bobnat. I even tell them I'm reporting them to the DNC registry but they still freak'in call! Ahhh, no more messages and I have the ringer off.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Phone solicitors are my biggest pet peeve! I've worked from home for a little over 20 years. They've always been an annoyance but lately they are really overwhelming.
I've found a good way to get rid of them and not get a message on the answering machine.
If the call is unknown or I don't recognize the number, I answer the phone very sternly with one word, "WHAT!"
Most of the time they hang up immediately.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Telemarketers and spammers. It's insane the amount of calls and texts I've been getting in the last month. I got a new phone and they started immediately...wtf, did they sell my number the moment they sold it to me?

I did get one good the other day. We were in the car when my wife got a call from a Diabetes Center. She had it on speaker phone and the woman asked if so and so was there. My wife told her that this was the third time they've called. The woman then asked if she had diabetes. I then said loudly that my father was the only one with diabetes but that he died after being treated at her clinic. She went silent then 3 seconds later hung up. It made my wife laugh.
Pains in the proverbial they are.
You know its them here because they use auto dial to dial random numbers and when you answer you get a few seconds of silence before they talk.
I'll say "hello, hello is anyone there?"
They reply yes hello I am calling about your life insurance policy and...
me "Hello, HELLO...this better not be another one of these prank phone calls, speak up or hang up!"
They'll reply "sir can you hear me now, sir?"
me "Thats it you weirdo, if your not going to speak im calling the police!"
They freak out "SIR CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW IM CALLING ABOUT..."
me "Right thats it im calling the police you sicko"
They hang up. :giggle:

Internet scam once whilst I was at work.
Cant recall the precise exact words but it went like this.
Check the emails and one from I guessed Nairobi.
Them "Hello please we are oil company and find new huge reserve and need investors...etc"
Me "Hi, sorry the Boss is not here right now but I think he and his overseas friends from the USA might be interested in this very much. Would you like me to get the details for you?" :giggle:
Them "Yes please this will be very good for us"
Next day I send a message.
"Hi, my Boss said sorry he wont but that his American friends who are very wealthy are very interested in it and have investments in oil"
They reply "Thank you please put us in contact"
Next day I give them the details.
"Hello, I have the contact information for you. Here are their details.
Jed & Jethro Clampet
Beverly Hills
USA

Oddly I never heard back ?

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I try to sell the telemarketers one of my brooms

Hasn't worked yet...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Phone solicitors are my biggest pet peeve! I've worked from home for a little over 20 years. They've always been an annoyance but lately they are really overwhelming.
I've found a good way to get rid of them and not get a message on the answering machine.
If the call is unknown or I don't recognize the number, I answer the phone very sternly with one word, "WHAT!"

Lol!!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

I should try that, because they worry the shit out of me all day long every day. Not kidding.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just saw a commercial for an... Electric Hummer...

Too...many...jokes.... :giggle:o_O

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Hasn't worked yet...

Those are nice brooms though. Keep meaning to pick one up for the wood shop but then keep buy vapes. ?‍♂️. My wife likes them too

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I do similar; only I answer the phone “county morgue, do we have your loved one?”

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Hasn't worked yet...

I'm sure you'll find a way to make it work. :giggle:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Okay. THIS is bullshit.

So I asked hubby to stop at the grocery store on his way home from an appt to get me coffee creamer. Mocha Mix is my favorite and sells out quickly. Well he scored big time on the creamer. Then shops for a few things. He comes home and ALL of the food he brought home was for HIM. Not a morsel for me. I of course I praised him for scoring so much creamer. But then asked if he got anything for me. "Yeah! Look at all this Mocha Mix!" as I stood there looking at his favorite brats, macaroni salad, buns, yogurt, 2 gallons of his milk, etc. I kindly asked him again, "Did you get me something?" "Well look at all the Mocha Mix you got! I cleaned them out!" Me: "Well, did you get me any food to eat". I began kindly telling him that I was glad he got what he did but did he get me food. Thinks I like. Oh all hell broke loose on how he's always doing something wrong. I told him aside from the creamer, since he got things to eat, what about me? Did I get at least a candy bar?

Bottom line, since I only asked for creamer, his brain isn't big enough to think, "Hey, I'll pick up this or that for her and oh, she likes this." I got the whole, "Oh, so I did wrong again. Everything I do is wrong to you. Blah-Blah. "Well I'm packing it all up again and returning it!" I reminded him it isn't about the creamer. You got food for yourself, but do I get any? Oh yeah, I let him storm the house putting the stuff back in the bags and get himself dressed again. I told him fine. Go do it. And don't forget to bring the milk with you. When he went to get dressed I saw that he hid a bunch of brats as well as a thing of buns. I knew damn well he wouldn't. And, I told him I didn't want anything anymore. He wanted to me to make a fucking LIST of what I wanted. After 30yrs together he needs a list? He then decided all on his own that he wasn't going to return the stuff and how I made him feel guilty for not getting me anything. Of course I told him that I'm not the one making him feel guilty. (We all know that we can't make a person feel something.) I'm perfectly fine with having nothing.

He got in the jeep and sped off. I texted him and told him there wasn't enough in the house account for food and I didn't want him using our other card. He returned a while later with lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, potato salad, lunch meat and YooHoo! I didn't leave my office and he put it away all by himself, grabbed a water and closed the door to his bedroom. Happens a lot...big baby.

So, my handyman is here doing the bathroom fan from 1942 that disintegrated and is putting in a new one. And I'm on Lowe's picking out a new 80 gal. H2o heater.

And just last night I mixed together refried beans with salsa so he had dip for his Fritos! I can't help but wonder where his brains really are in his body. Oh yeah. He expels cells when he FARTS!
What fucking bullshit. Ladies, please tell me at least ONE of you has a dufus like this. Please? :gaah:

I just cracked a barley pop and I'm gonna throw together a few new RDAs tonight.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have work stuff going on. Again. It makes me sad, because I love what I do and even our process. Big changes coming. BIG.

For years, they've kept telling us we were getting a new facility, all new equipment and a new system. After 8 years, it's actually close to a done deal now, waiting on our Pres to sign a dotted line. I found out he's signing for a different state. Yeah, we're moving alright, but across the river. This won't happen for maybe 1-1.5 years, but it's happening. More wear and tear on vehicles, 2 states taxes, toll fees for the bridge, completely uprooting anyone that's still willing to go. Most are not.

In 3 weeks, our hours are changing, going back to 8 hours shifts. That doesn't bother me so much, but it does most everyone that I work with. We picked up a 3rd shift, recently. I questioned the hell out of why, and how it will affect everyone's hours and they assured me it won't. Well we've gone home early 3 or 4 times in 3 weeks, now.

They took my trainer to the 3rd shift. Planned it all behind my back. It took me a year of working alone to finally get another trainer. The 3rd shift was planned without most people knowing. My boss said, don't worry, it's probably not going to happen. Well, it did. He's been mad, I've been mad, and our shipping coordinator has been furious. Don't even get me started on the assistant supervisor. She was in the secret talks about all of it.

We're going to lose a lot of really great people and it breaks my heart. There had better be good incentive to take the trek when the time comes. I'm holding onto a sliver of hope that he reconsiders signing in a different state, but the state is willing to pay big bucks for us to go there. Big bucks that we won't ever see.

Thanks for letting me vent.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have work stuff going on. Again. It makes me sad, because I love what I do and even our process. Big changes coming. BIG.

For years, they've kept telling us we were getting a new facility, all new equipment and a new system. After 8 years, it's actually close to a done deal now, waiting on our Pres to sign a dotted line. I found out he's signing for a different state. Yeah, we're moving alright, but across the river. This won't happen for maybe 1-1.5 years, but it's happening. More wear and tear on vehicles, 2 states taxes, toll fees for the bridge, completely uprooting anyone that's still willing to go. Most are not.

In 3 weeks, our hours are changing, going back to 8 hours shifts. That doesn't bother me so much, but it does most everyone that I work with. We picked up a 3rd shift, recently. I questioned the hell out of why, and how it will affect everyone's hours and they assured me it won't. Well we've gone home early 3 or 4 times in 3 weeks, now.

They took my trainer to the 3rd shift. Planned it all behind my back. It took me a year of working alone to finally get another trainer. The 3rd shift was planned without most people knowing. My boss said, don't worry, it's probably not going to happen. Well, it did. He's been mad, I've been mad, and our shipping coordinator has been furious. Don't even get me started on the assistant supervisor. She was in the secret talks about all of it.

We're going to lose a lot of really great people and it breaks my heart. There had better be good incentive to take the trek when the time comes. I'm holding onto a sliver of hope that he reconsiders signing in a different state, but the state is willing to pay big bucks for us to go there. Big bucks that we won't ever see.

Damn Huck I’m sorry to see them playing y’all like that.
I really hope they either reconsider, re-examine the cost/benefit or, at minimum, give y’all a worth while incentive to commute.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Damn Huck I’m sorry to see them playing y’all like that.
I really hope they either reconsider, re-examine the cost/benefit or, at minimum, give y’all a worth while incentive to commute.
Thanks Bird. Me, too. On top of that, we all have to have new state testing. Buncha BS. Time will tell, it was just a very grim week at work.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Bird. Me, too. On top of that, we all have to have new state testing. Buncha BS. Time will tell, it was just a very grim week at work.
Get everyone together. And tell him the only way it'll work for everyone to work in another state is if they pay for everyone to relocate to the new state. Or a really great incentive like 10grand a year extra. I've never worked in a union but a group of pissed off employees is a powerful thing. "
How long would it take to retrain all the new employees when the ones here now quit"
I know its easy to say I would do this or that and I'm not there. Really sorry that's going on. That sucks

Sent from a pile of wood chips

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

My company, right before I transferred back north from Savannah, did essentially the same thing. They relocated most of the headquarters people to a set of offices that belonged to a company that my company bought out. The bought-out company had better facilities and a lot more room than we'd had in the old place. Plus my company kept on a lot of the staff that worked for the bought-out company. In our case, the bought-out company was about 50 minutes north of the old headquarters, and located in the same state, but in a much smaller town.

Several years later, they closed the old offices and moved all the rest of the people to the bought-out company's offices. As in your case, there were a lot of very upset people. Some of them left for other jobs, some left and then came back. Some moved, some commuted, and some came to the office a few days a week and worked at home the other days. Those people were mostly in my department (Info Systems). Needless to say, a lot of people who had been disrupted by the move were highly pissed that some of our folks could work from home.

I can't wrap my mind around how companies' administrations make changes like this and disrupt peoples' lives to this point without knowing that the people have to be compensated somehow. I guess it's one thing if you have a really good salary and can afford to make abrupt changes, and your family is happy enough to go along with that, but that's rarely the case. Whose teenage kids want to be uprooted from their friends and their schools to go live in a much smaller town where there's nothing to do and they don't know anyone? Whose spouse wants to potentially give up a career to go start over somewhere else, in an area where salaries may be nowhere near as good as where they came from?

I can speak to the situation with living in one state and paying taxes in another. It is a right pain in the ass, and generally costs me about a thousand dollars a year. I live in Virginia and work in North Carolina, so I have to file taxes in both states every year. My tax obligation is always considerably lower in Virginia than it is in North Carolina, but that money does not ever make its way back to me. At least VA and NC have an agreement - I forget what it's called - but contiguous states generally do, to keep a taxpayer from having to actually pay taxes in both states and then get refunds from one or the other.

One thing my company has done at different points in the past is they have run a van from the old location to the new location and basically transported people the extra distance to work. That's a partial resolution, but what do you do if something happens with a child at school and you are stuck at work with no independent transportation to get home?

It's just a situation that sucks all the way around. I'm really sorry you're having to deal with it.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sorry to hear about that Huck! :( I've been through that three times except the move was thousands of miles. Hell I even had to train my replacements...:cuss2:

VU Sponsors