Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Looks like zeta was the fastest storm in recent history
everyone I know down home is without power for an expected 7-10 days, no one is hurt but everyone I’ve spoken to has damage from trees down to parts of roofs missing.
very thankful that God has kept everyone safe

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In reality, the person doesn't want a solution. They want to be absolved of responsibility, by proving to others that there is no possible remedy in the whole wide world for their problem.

Exactly right. That and I believe some of them are looking for a reason to be miserable and to feel bad for themselves. So if they shoot down all possible solutions, this helps them achieve that.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, the reason it angers you is that it's a nasty little piece of manipulation.

A person presents with a problem for which they supposedly want a solution. But no solution you offer is acceptable, for whatever reason.

In reality, the person doesn't want a solution. They want to be absolved of responsibility, by proving to others that there is no possible remedy in the whole wide world for their problem.

It also, in their own minds, puts them in a position of control, as if they were dangling others from strings. It attracts attention to them, inspires "pity" or "sympathy" in unwitting people, who sometimes offer to take care of the problem themselves, and then don't realize they've been HAD until long after they can do anything about it.
16-Winston-Churchill-on-Diversity.png

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cold houses suck! Dry hits galore tonight!

I refuse to turn on the heat. But my vapes suffer. My 50/50 juice gets too cold and too thick and then I end up getting dry hits out the wazoo. It's about 60F in the house. Cold enough to thicken the juice!

The upside is if I close the airflow and take a couple pulls I can usually avoid the dry hit. However, I have to remember to do that lol

Perhaps I need to start mixing thinner juices for those colder times in the fall and spring when I don't want to turn the heat on.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fucking winter. That about sums it up lol. And screwy ass sites and vendors. Amazon with their constant mystery wheel pricing, you either miss a good deal or see it for a price one day, wait to the next to buy it just to find it's gone up $7 for no apparent fucking reason. And a seller on ebay drove me nuts with their listing. Vinyl tubing, like $1/ft (only need a few feet) and $3.95 shipping. Ok whatever, I just need 8ft of it and wasn't a bad price. $8 + 3.95 right? Ha. I see a total of like $17. Going huh? Then some bullshit about look all the money you saved on shipping! Fuckers trying to charge me $4/ft to ship? Eat dicks mofo. Like that's at all reasonable when I can buy a spool of it and shipping is only $15-20 for like 100ft. Trying to tell me it costs $32 to ship 8ft of 3/4 tubing? Not today assclown. I'm one of those shoppers I'll go to a competitor and pay $50 just to spite those cock gobblers. Hate getting ripped off and I swear this new covid season bullshit seems to be the latest excuse to price gouge the hell out of everything.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fucking winter. That about sums it up lol. And screwy ass sites and vendors. Amazon with their constant mystery wheel pricing, you either miss a good deal or see it for a price one day, wait to the next to buy it just to find it's gone up $7 for no apparent fucking reason. And a seller on ebay drove me nuts with their listing. Vinyl tubing, like $1/ft (only need a few feet) and $3.95 shipping. Ok whatever, I just need 8ft of it and wasn't a bad price. $8 + 3.95 right? Ha. I see a total of like $17. Going huh? Then some bullshit about look all the money you saved on shipping! Fuckers trying to charge me $4/ft to ship? Eat dicks mofo. Like that's at all reasonable when I can buy a spool of it and shipping is only $15-20 for like 100ft. Trying to tell me it costs $32 to ship 8ft of 3/4 tubing? Not today assclown. I'm one of those shoppers I'll go to a competitor and pay $50 just to spite those cock gobblers. Hate getting ripped off and I swear this new covid season bullshit seems to be the latest excuse to price gouge the hell out of everything.
It's probably the software, not the seller. If they set up to ship 1 ft at a time, then the software will multiply that 1 shipping charge x however many feet are ordered. Contact the seller and see if they'll make you up a bundle. As a craftsperson that makes a large portion of my annual income from online sales, I can tell you that this is a real problem for sellers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's probably the software, not the seller. If they set up to ship 1 ft at a time, then the software will multiply that 1 shipping charge x however many feet are ordered. Contact the seller and see if they'll make you up a bundle. As a craftsperson that makes a large portion of my annual income from online sales, I can tell you that this is a real problem for sellers.

I ended up finding some locally from a hardware store. Little over $1/ft, grabbed 10ft. Usually I skip the place only because in the past they're often overpriced. Surprisingly wasn't bad.

Speaking of prices, just shit in general. Guessing it's most places or maybe it's more my area. With all this covid crap it's feeling a whole lot like communism. Gone are the choices from the store shelves. Doesn't matter what it is, bread? One kind. And if it's the shitty kind that peanut butter tears holes through well screw it. That's the bread you get. Went to find windshield washer fluid, wally world's good for basic bitch cheap fluid. Nope. 2 choices, rain-x and rain-x. So instead of $1.25 or 1.49/gal, $4/gal. Cabin air filter, yep they got 'em. Which would you like? Well there's only one so that's what you're getting. Alcohol used to come in various strengths and sizes. The small what like 8oz looks like a travel size bottle of alcohol used to be $0.50/ea. Now, $1.25 and that's the only size. Hope you like 70%, that's all they got. Just weird. And I'd think it would be the store/generic shit that they've got in stock, it's not. Most of it is the higher priced name brand option only. Still lots of naked shelves and one choice of whatever if it's actually in stock.

Wasn't just wally world, was the same way at the hardware store, feed store, every damn place. Of course the feed/farm store took the cake today. Had a hinge on a stock gate that rusted and broke off. Go to replace it. Now this particular store is the same place I bought the gate. And they had replacement hinges, awesome right? Except the replacements they carry aren't the same size. They won't fit the lag pegs that come with the gates or fit the diameter tubing of the gates they sell. Course not, why would they carry replacement shit to fit the stuff they sell? lmfao. Like going to the chevy dealer to get a radiator and they're like sorry. We only have radiators that fit fords. Course you do. Smh.

I get the shortage on cleaning supplies and disinfectants, just seems like the entire supply chain is fucked. What are you serving for dinner? Well comrade, you're in luck. Plenty of choices. We have potatoes and potatoes. Would you like to try our daily special? It's.. potatoes. lol

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I ended up finding some locally from a hardware store. Little over $1/ft, grabbed 10ft. Usually I skip the place only because in the past they're often overpriced. Surprisingly wasn't bad.

Speaking of prices, just shit in general. Guessing it's most places or maybe it's more my area. With all this covid crap it's feeling a whole lot like communism. Gone are the choices from the store shelves. Doesn't matter what it is, bread? One kind. And if it's the shitty kind that peanut butter tears holes through well screw it. That's the bread you get. Went to find windshield washer fluid, wally world's good for basic bitch cheap fluid. Nope. 2 choices, rain-x and rain-x. So instead of $1.25 or 1.49/gal, $4/gal. Cabin air filter, yep they got 'em. Which would you like? Well there's only one so that's what you're getting. Alcohol used to come in various strengths and sizes. The small what like 8oz looks like a travel size bottle of alcohol used to be $0.50/ea. Now, $1.25 and that's the only size. Hope you like 70%, that's all they got. Just weird. And I'd think it would be the store/generic shit that they've got in stock, it's not. Most of it is the higher priced name brand option only. Still lots of naked shelves and one choice of whatever if it's actually in stock.

Wasn't just wally world, was the same way at the hardware store, feed store, every damn place. Of course the feed/farm store took the cake today. Had a hinge on a stock gate that rusted and broke off. Go to replace it. Now this particular store is the same place I bought the gate. And they had replacement hinges, awesome right? Except the replacements they carry aren't the same size. They won't fit the lag pegs that come with the gates or fit the diameter tubing of the gates they sell. Course not, why would they carry replacement shit to fit the stuff they sell? lmfao. Like going to the chevy dealer to get a radiator and they're like sorry. We only have radiators that fit fords. Course you do. Smh.

I get the shortage on cleaning supplies and disinfectants, just seems like the entire supply chain is fucked. What are you serving for dinner? Well comrade, you're in luck. Plenty of choices. We have potatoes and potatoes. Would you like to try our daily special? It's.. potatoes. lol

We have been able to buy alcohol (isopropyl) ONE TIME since March. Thank goodness we had just bought two 32 oz. bottles of alcohol right before the shit hit the fan in mid-March. (We use a lot of alcohol in my house.)

I haven't been in Walmart myself, but hubbs and son both tell me I wouldn't recognize the place. Two thirds of the shelves are bare, they say. I do know that even placing orders for groceries online, the choices are very limited and things often go out of stock WHILE I AM STILL PUTTING MY ORDER TOGETHER.

Hubbs also told me yesterday that toilet paper is getting scarce again. So if you don't have a stockpile of it already, you might wanna grab some. Matter of fact, if you've got any money, you might want to stock up on non-perishable food, too, because we might be going into hell-in-a-handbasket between now and the end of the year.

The supply chain is messed up every step along the way, apparently, from growers to processing plants, to freight companies, to distributors, to retail. And one of the main tenets (from the retail management side) is to never hold inventory that you can't turn fast, the more times you turn inventory, the more money you make because you don't hold stuff that doesn't sell right away (which ties up your money). So they have turned down the parameters on their automatic replenishment systems and are stocking what their systems consider to be the bare minimum, and items that don't have an acceptable rate-of-sale don't get carried at all.

None of us have to think back all that far to get our minds to a time when this whole situation would have been incomprehensible. Talk about being caught off guard! Most of us have grown up with the awareness of war, especially baby boomers and the next generation after - we had air raid drills in school, practicing for when we were going to get bombed by the Soviets - and then there was Vietnam - but we've had NOTHING that prepared us for what we're living through now. It's like The Andromeda Strain in real life.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cold houses suck! Dry hits galore tonight!

I refuse to turn on the heat. But my vapes suffer. My 50/50 juice gets too cold and too thick and then I end up getting dry hits out the wazoo. It's about 60F in the house. Cold enough to thicken the juice!

The upside is if I close the airflow and take a couple pulls I can usually avoid the dry hit. However, I have to remember to do that lol

Perhaps I need to start mixing thinner juices for those colder times in the fall and spring when I don't want to turn the heat on.
60 inside? Jeez man that Arctic in my house but my wife would love it. ?. That's good working weather though for sure. Or working with the wife. Lol

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

And I still need to buy one of your brooms Shawn. Dang I'm slow as molasses. Next Thursday I'll etsy you. I think I have your store saved but remind me if not. They look awesome and the wife wants a couple too. Lol

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like zeta was the fastest storm in recent history
everyone I know down home is without power for an expected 7-10 days, no one is hurt but everyone I’ve spoken to has damage from trees down to parts of roofs missing.
very thankful that God has kept everyone safe
Some near me in NC just got power back today. Glad I wasn't one of them. Ours was out about 4 hours. Then the internet went out after power came back. ?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It really hurts when you try so hard to help them quit smoking and they won't. Stage 4 copd neighbor rushed to the er this evening. Feel so bad for him. He's a great guy. Less than 10years older than me. Just sucks. I hope hell be Ok. Honestly just filling time now though by that point in your life. My mom is the same. Portable oxygen but will straight up ask for you to buy her cigs. ?

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And I still need to buy one of your brooms Shawn. Dang I'm slow as molasses. Next Thursday I'll etsy you. I think I have your store saved but remind me if not. They look awesome and the wife wants a couple too. Lol
Thanks!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks!

Thanks man. Linked up and ready.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It really hurts when you try so hard to help them quit smoking and they won't. Stage 4 copd neighbor rushed to the er this evening. Feel so bad for him. He's a great guy. Less than 10years older than me. Just sucks. I hope hell be Ok. Honestly just filling time now though by that point in your life. My mom is the same. Portable oxygen but will straight up ask for you to buy her cigs. ?

You can say no. My sister came here when she had nowhere else to go, basically disabled with back problems, fibromyalgia, and COPD, dependent on us for everything. She wanted cigarettes and I bought them for a while, but finally I said, no I'm not doing this any more. I'll buy you vape gear, but I won't buy you cigarettes. Her dad died at 59 from emphysema, so she was staring that in the face herself.

After about two years living here, say 18 months of that time without cigarettes, but with vaping, she's now living independently for the first time in nearly 20 years, working and supporting herself, and in better shape than she's been in for probably 25 years.

Just tell her no. It isn't cruel. It's a kindness in truth, but it's that tough kind of love and she won't like you very much for a while. It's ok, you don't have to agree about everything.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can say no. My sister came here when she had nowhere else to go, basically disabled with back problems, fibromyalgia, and COPD, dependent on us for everything. She wanted cigarettes and I bought them for a while, but finally I said, no I'm not doing this any more. I'll buy you vape gear, but I won't buy you cigarettes. Her dad died at 59 from emphysema, so she was staring that in the face herself.

After about two years living here, say 18 months of that time without cigarettes, but with vaping, she's now living independently for the first time in nearly 20 years, working and supporting herself, and in better shape than she's been in for probably 25 years.

Just tell her no. It isn't cruel. It's a kindness in truth, but it's that tough kind of love and she won't like you very much for a while. It's ok, you don't have to agree about everything.
My sister and I finally stopped and told her not anymore. She can barely make it to the kitchen before out of breath. Told her I didn't kill her when I was born I won't do it as an adult.
She tried vaping about 5 years ago I guess it was. When juice was high. The mods weren't plentiful and she just didn't have the desire. She'd still smoke if she could get to the store to get them.
Not worried about her being mad at me. She's an odd one and stays on someone's nerves all the time. Mainly my wife's. Lol. The wife is a trooper to put up with my mom more than me. Lol. Had my fill but still help when needed. Just different opinions and beliefs than she has or than what I was raised to have. I think in her age now she just wants to aggravate people. Lol. Like the movie grumpy old men without the comedy.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
About two weeks ago, out with the wife to do laundry. Saw a lady laden with her laundry. Bun foot or not, I stopped and held the door open for her. No sooner than that my wife was coming out with laundry. The lady's husband got the door for her.

It was a nice reminder common courtesy works and goes a long way. Reflected on that the rest of the day and felt good. Also got reminded of something my mom taught her boys. "If you go looking for trouble, sure enough you'll find it."

Could have spent the rest of that day finding fault with others. I'm sure there was fault to be found too. Not looking for it though, and instead recalling the one good moment of the day, I didn't see faults that day. In our times as they are maybe we ought to be grateful for even the briefest moments of good.

Apologies if this reads as platitudes or preachy. Not my intention to write it as such. Merely sharing something I've experienced and some introspection on it. In truth I'm trying to hold on to some pleasantness for tomorrow.

Need to call about an appointment with the foot doctor then. They've re-re-rescheduled my appointment about a half dozen times. So, I have to call and be sure of the time it actually will be. Anyone knowing me is aware I'm not so diplomatic in dealing with what seems lunacy, in fact I can often be the bigger lunatic.;)

Ah, but growing older hopefully teaches us perspective/s. We gracefully learn to accept what's out of our control. So we like to think. And so, I'm holding onto a moment from two weeks ago. Maybe I can be grateful of the doctor's secretaries playing musical appointment times. After all they're only trying to get me "back on my toes". :)

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
60 inside? Jeez man that Arctic in my house but my wife would love it. ?. That's good working weather though for sure. Or working with the wife. Lol

Yes, inside. I cant be turning up the heat this early. I can't justify turning on the heat just to not get dry hits. That would cost me a couple hundren in a month. lol.

It's OK in the day for the most part. But when temps drop at night the juice thickens and it's dry hit city.

One thing I've noticed is that small clearomizers aren't affected so much, at least not the ones that I use RBAs in. So I'm vaping those more than usual at night.

I've tried dripping & squonking, and it is a good solution to this problem, but I hate dripping/squonking sooooooooooooooooooooo bad. But I'm glad I bought a few because they can serve a purpose.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, inside. I cant be turning up the heat this early. I can't justify turning on the heat just to not get dry hits. That would cost me a couple hundren in a month. lol.

It's OK in the day for the most part. But when temps drop at night the juice thickens and it's dry hit city.

One thing I've noticed is that small clearomizers aren't affected so much, at least not the ones that I use RBAs in. So I'm vaping those more than usual at night.

I've tried dripping & squonking, and it is a good solution to this problem, but I hate dripping/squonking sooooooooooooooooooooo bad. But I'm glad I bought a few because they can serve a purpose.

Why not add a little more propylene glycol to your juice solution? It offers a considerably lower freezing point temperature.

Apologies if this is something already considered, asked and answered, or seems antagonistic. Neither case is intended. Only hoping to possibly offer a bit of help.

Yes, aware you're discussing viscosity and I mention freezing. The two may not seem related but are, as if the juice gets colder it contracts making the viscosity of it like gum. That's why I considered freezing point temperatures.

Last edited:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
@MyMagicMist Was it you who mentioned how to repair the short for the Minikin v2 "High Battery" warning? Someone here told me in a thread and I can't find the blasted thing.

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Some Chinese guy just called me out on league wild rift, he even ask about my mother too.

Back story: I have iPhone 6 playing on Japanese server using VPN, lag is unavoidable. Plus we just got in the game, I still don’t know what I did wrong? Like I know I’m garbage but we’re playing intro bots only. We won and I was 8/4/3, I know it’s not very good as I died 4 times on intro bots but still.

Silver79

Member For 4 Years
Some random lady walked into the shop and legit asked if she could trade a Silverware set that Home Goods wouldn't take back for a vape....ugh.

Attachments

• d6c3a8706c9f5466c0425a9dd00ec9f8.jpg
    d6c3a8706c9f5466c0425a9dd00ec9f8.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 9

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got a call from telemarketer the other day. She said she was calling from an orthopedic clinic then asked if I had lower back pain. I replied that I didn't but I did have a pain in my ass. She laughed and said she couldn't help me with that. I then said, "Sure you can, just hang up the phone." This was followed by 3 seconds of stunned silence then a click.

I'm getting good at this stuff.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got a call from telemarketer the other day. She said she was calling from an orthopedic clinic then asked if I had lower back pain. I replied that I didn't but I did have a pain in my ass. She laughed and said she couldn't help me with that. I then said, "Sure you can, just hang up the phone." This was followed by 3 seconds of stunned silence then a click.

I always answer those with "city morgue, you stab'm, we slab'm". I've yet to get a response. Kinda funny in a shocking way. Lol

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If I don't recognize the phone number off to voicemail it goes. If they leave one I may respond, if not it wasn't important. I'm weird since I still have a land line, but it's VOIP so I use nomorobo.com. If it's a known robo number calling me there is only one ring then it's gone. For my cell, ATT is pretty good at identifying calls as spam.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I sometimes string them along...

“Hi this is Blah blah from Blah, I’m calling today about the benefits of Solar... “

You know what Blah Blah, I was just thinking about that today... could you tell me more?

“Sure, well we are ...

I put the phone on speaker while playing clash of clans on my iPad...

All the while using the 5 responses that anyone can use when you don’t want to have a conversation, but will make you seem you’re engaging...

“ and we have...”

Really?

“Yes, it’s such a great...”

Tell me more...

“Well, there is also the tax...”

Interesting, what else?

“Well, we have our own in house financing and...”

No way!

“Yeah and we...” they are going on and on and I try my hardest to not use the 5th which generally leads to them wanting to close the deal lol which is

That sounds like a great deal!

So they go on, I respond the same... and then I set up an appointment...

To my neighbors

Was funny back in Los Angeles... our neighbor Greg was a cool dude...

I’d see him when mowing the lawn and he would tell me...

So I had another Solar company come by the other day.

You don’t say?

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I sometimes string them along...

“Hi this is Blah blah from Blah, I’m calling today about the benefits of Solar... “

You know what Blah Blah, I was just thinking about that today... could you tell me more?

“Sure, well we are ...

I put the phone on speaker while playing clash of clans on my iPad...

All the while using the 5 responses that anyone can use when you don’t want to have a conversation, but will make you seem you’re engaging...

“ and we have...”

Really?

“Yes, it’s such a great...”

Tell me more...

“Well, there is also the tax...”

Interesting, what else?

“Well, we have our own in house financing and...”

No way!

“Yeah and we...” they are going on and on and I try my hardest to not use the 5th which generally leads to them wanting to close the deal lol which is

That sounds like a great deal!

So they go on, I respond the same... and then I set up an appointment...

To my neighbors

Was funny back in Los Angeles... our neighbor Greg was a cool dude...

I’d see him when mowing the lawn and he would tell me...

So I had another Solar company come by the other day.

You don’t say?
That's about the best thing to do with them. It's costing them, so screw them.

I think I'll try letting them know I have to use the toilet but I want to continue the call, then start making toilet noises. Let's see how they handle that.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Why not add a little more propylene glycol to your juice solution? It offers a considerably lower freezing point temperature.

Apologies if this is something already considered, asked and answered, or seems antagonistic. Neither case is intended. Only hoping to possibly offer a bit of help.

Yes, aware you're discussing viscosity and I mention freezing. The two may not seem related but are, as if the juice gets colder it contracts making the viscosity of it like gum. That's why I considered freezing point temperatures.

Sorry, I stopped getting notifications about this thread for some reason.

Yes, I thought about mixing thinner, but I felt lazy. For the most part, dry hits from cold air were not an issue soon after I posted my rant as we hit "Indian summer" the week after. And even though temps are going back down now, the heat has to be turned on near full blast now so it's not an issue at present. But thanks for the suggestion.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, I stopped getting notifications about this thread for some reason.

Yes, I thought about mixing thinner, but I felt lazy. For the most part, dry hits from cold air were not an issue soon after I posted my rant as we hit "Indian summer" the week after. And even though temps are going back down now, the heat has to be turned on near full blast now so it's not an issue at present. But thanks for the suggestion.

Just FWIW, I vape 80/20 VG/PG most of the time.
It's 58F in the living room now, I got 13 mod/atty combos here, and everything works fine. Not vaping super-low ohms or above 40W either.

I've vaped in -12F weather outside in a blizzard and it never was an issue as the heat of firing the coil warmed the atty enough. PG and VG cannot freeze.

I admit, I mostly do squonkers and "old-skool" tanks though. IDK about the more modern stuffs. :)
Wicking properly for the device and setup is everything in vaping though, IMHO.

Last edited:

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Came back to post another rant...

2 days ago I ran into a person I I knew from a while ago. I broke ties with him several years ago because I found him not only to be untrustworthy person but also very dumb - so high a level of dumb that one has to walk away for fear of catching it.

Anyhow, he told me how he discovered vaping the other stuff back when his wife had cancer and got an Rx for it.

But recently he was getting his stuff not from the dispensing place (she passed away so his "source" dried up - that's a different story but you can probably figure out what that story is :mad: ).

I told him about about the whole EVALI thing and how it's not wise to get carts from the "black market".

He replied, "Oh, I don't get them from the "black market", I get them from some dude I know." :facepalm:

So since we were on the topic of vaping, I asked him, since he has tried (and prefers) vaping the other stuff, why had he not tried nicotine vaping yet (he was smoking a cigarette)?

He said, "I'm pretty sure that shit'll kill ya, man". :facepalm:

You read that right.

I was dumbfounded and infuriated, this coming from a smoker who buys carts "from some dude I know". I couldn't think of a thing to say.

He then broke the silence and said...wait for it...

[As he whipped out is pack of cigarettes for proof], "Besides I still smoke American Spirits, they really aren't bad for you." :facepalm:

Although I wasn't surprised at his answer, him being who is, but I replied, "Ooooooooooooooooohhhh, well that's good, I didn't realize the healthy cigarettes were still allowed on the market! Good thing you can still afford them, too." :giggle:

This, of course, made him feel like he "won" and had ejuhmuhcated me and put me in my place, which helped in getting off the subject.

I ended the conversation as politely as possible soon after that. His cig smoke was almost annoying me more than he was so that gave me better incentive to get going as soon as possible.

I can assure you that will be the last time I say more than "hello" to this dude and I'll try to even avoid that if possible.

Last edited:

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've vaped in -12F weather outside in a blizzard and it never was an issue as the heat of firing the coil warmed the atty enough. PG and VG cannot freeze.

I admit, I mostly do squonkers and "old-skool" tanks though. IDK about the more modern stuffs.

That's crazy. When I'm outside in the winter shoveling snow, I can't really vape my 50/50 juice. Even though it's in my pants pocket up against my leg, the juice still thickens and can't be vaped without dry hit or even burnt hits. I usually don't even bother bringing my vape out with me. I just keep it inside and go in to take a vape break once in a while instead.

All my gear is old model stuff. I'm talking 2014 to maybe 2017.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's crazy. When I'm outside in the winter shoveling snow, I can't really vape my 50/50 juice. Even though it's in my pants pocket up against my leg, the juice still thickens and can't be vaped without dry hit or even burnt hits. I usually don't even bother bringing my vape out with me. I just keep it inside and go in to take a vape break once in a while instead.

Trippy....are you rebuilding or are ya using pre-built coils?
They tend to be VERY tightly packed with cotton and I can see where they might not wick well there.

This is the setup I used in that bad winter up here in the INW a few years ago.
A Pico w/ a Tobeco Super Tank KS. Small single contact coil at like 22W.

Ktztsi2.jpg

Just kept it in my coat pocket, no issues. Pants leg might be colder?
Never put a vape in my pants ever...I've seen those videos....o_O

I pretty much vape DIY juice, most pre-mades are too sugary and over-flavored...could gunk up quicker perhaps?

I'm vaping now in an unheated room and it's 58F...I knew a guy who vaped in AK when it was REALLY cold and he never had a problem that I know of. That was back in the Genny era. :D

IDK what to tell ya man, it gets well below freezing here every year and I don't own a car...still vape.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Just for instance, this is right now watching football in my non-heated living room. Winds are howling and it's about 40F outside. This is the temperature in here and ya can see my 80/20 VG/PG HS-RY4 is flowing just fine in an old Aromamizer RDTA V2. Using dual Wotofo CompWire coils @ 0.16 and 44W in wattage mode on a Tesla Wye. That atty has no JFC, either it auto-drips, or it don't. :)

P1040648.JPG

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is the setup I used in that bad winter up here in the INW a few years ago.
A Pico w/ a Tobeco Super Tank KS. Small single contact coil at like 22W.

Hm, that holds what 2 to 4 ml?

Asking because for some strange reason got an urge to look at an RTA, maybe two. Will always enjoy squonking mind you, but thinking maybe backups are good too.

Oh yeah random bullshit, ... Me and wife come back from Spencer. She needed to refuel her car. We rode through Ripley down to Fairplain.

We also had to swing by our storage unit. We both have Carhart style jackets what seem to have gone M.I.A, thought they would be in storage. Well, jackets were not there.

Got over to Speedway as it began to rain a bit. She refueled and got back in. We come back up the hill and over the flat to go to Ripley. As we rode a set of double rainbows appeared out in front of us. We seemed to be going between two rainbows.

Once before me and her rode through seven rainbows. Somebody might think we'd have all kinds of great luck. I think we've cursed ourselves instead. The rainbows only serve to tease us.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Asking because for some strange reason got an urge to look at an RTA, maybe two. Will always enjoy squonking mind you, but thinking maybe backups are good too.

Oh yeah random bullshit, ... Me and wife come back from Spencer. She needed to refuel her car. We rode through Ripley down to Fairplain.

We also had to swing by our storage unit. We both have Carhart style jackets what seem to have gone M.I.A, thought they would be in storage. Well, jackets were not there.

Got over to Speedway as it began to rain a bit. She refueled and got back in. We come back up the hill and over the flat to go to Ripley. As we rode a set of double rainbows appeared out in front of us. We seemed to be going between two rainbows.

Once before me and her rode through seven rainbows. Somebody might think we'd have all kinds of great luck. I think we've cursed ourselves instead. The rainbows only serve to tease us.

It holds around 7ml, one reason I liked it for taking out with me besides it's practically indestructible. :)
A solid single coil atty, IMO. A bit odd on the shape but the base is designed to rotate to align with your box mod. Pretty tight AF too, kinda like the Aqua or such. An old 2015-era sort of RTA.

Had to use one of those radiator things to get clearance on the Pico's battery cap, but it worked pretty well.

I had the old one, before they added in the use of pre-built coils to it. I don't think you can get them any more except perhaps on clearance or direct from China.

But, like this: https://www.fasttech.com/products/3331800

Nowadays, I just use a bright red GV Lucid with the 'disposable' tank (that I rinse out and reuse) as my take-out mod. Cheap and replaceable...I think I paid $8 for the kit.

And, it doesn't look like a weapon to passing crims or cops. Ya really don't want to be walking down the street with something black and/or chrome in your hand these days. ?

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

There are so many great RTAs to choose from. Lately I'm really stuck on the Zeus X Mesh RTAs, but if you don't want to mess with mesh, there are still Aromamizer V2 RDTAs available for about 10 bucks at VapeNW.com that are really good and easy to build. One of those with a $17.95 Minikin V2 from VaporRange (free shipping) and you've got a rig that's hard to beat.

The Aromamizers are dual coil, but what I do is just wrap a parallel 26ga SS coil, and then unwind the coils from each other. That way I always know the coils are exactly the same. It's easy to do that as long as you don't let the wire get crossed when you're wrapping it.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There are so many great RTAs to choose from. Lately I'm really stuck on the Zeus X Mesh RTAs, but if you don't want to mess with mesh, there are still Aromamizer V2 RDTAs available for about 10 bucks at VapeNW.com that are really good and easy to build. One of those with a $17.95 Minikin V2 from VaporRange (free shipping) and you've got a rig that's hard to beat.

The Aromamizers are dual coil, but what I do is just wrap a parallel 26ga SS coil, and then unwind the coils from each other. That way I always know the coils are exactly the same. It's easy to do that as long as you don't let the wire get crossed when you're wrapping it.

+1

I never had any of the Steam Crave things back when they were new, but she's right...that $10 RDTA V2 is just bulletproof. It's a bit weird, but it works, solid as a brick, and doesn't leak.

I also got a smaller Moonshot V2 RTA from VapeNW that I like a lot as well. Don't get the V1...it leaks and is a PITA, IMO.

I cheated and used matching Wotofo CompWire coils that came with something else..no guessing. Normally, I'd say a 0.16 dual-coil build would be waaay out of my liking, but that big chunk of metal can take it. That's a pic of mine in the post above.

I've gone mostly Squonk too, but other RTA's I like and still use are: the Digiflavor Fuji, Smok TF-RTA G2, Eleaf Melo v2 and v3 (non-prebuilt coil versions), the original Griffin, Avocado 24, and the Wotofo Conquror.

Yup, pretty much all older gear here. :D

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There are so many great RTAs to choose from

Oh I'm sure there's a good bit of them. I'm just not the keenest on tanks. Then, the last tanks I used were the T-Dux 4s, T-Dux 2/3s. I went on to using RDAs from a Velocity V2 deck.

A lot of the tanks I look at seem more for mouth to lung, I'm used to direct lung. Sure, it all comes through the mouth. Rather not need to go back to such a tight draw though.Yes, I like a restricted direct lung. That's still looser draw than an MTL draw.

Also like tanks with larger capacity for juice. The KS has an RBA option too. Yes, know there's lots of tanks that offer that now. This KS one looked neat to me. :) I might need to set a little of that money stuff aside when I get back to work. If I have one or two tanks, I'll need to get some kind of mods for them. D'oh. Shinyitis, dag nabbit. :D

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Trust me, there are plenty of RTAs for DL and restricted DL vaping. Not to discourage you, but it's been a good while since I've seen one of those KS-style tanks for sale anywhere, and all the ones at FT are out of stock. Products do seem to be available in cycles, though; a couple of years ago people were complaining that there were no RTAs for MTL, and suddenly ALL the vape companies are producing MTL RTAs. I don't blame you for not wanting to switch to MTL vaping, though; it wouldn't work for me now either.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I'm sure there's a good bit of them. I'm just not the keenest on tanks. Then, the last tanks I used were the T-Dux 4s, T-Dux 2/3s. I went on to using RDAs from a Velocity V2 deck.

A lot of the tanks I look at seem more for mouth to lung, I'm used to direct lung. Sure, it all comes through the mouth. Rather not need to go back to such a tight draw though.Yes, I like a restricted direct lung. That's still looser draw than an MTL draw.

Also like tanks with larger capacity for juice. The KS has an RBA option too. Yes, know there's lots of tanks that offer that now. This KS one looked neat to me. :) I might need to set a little of that money stuff aside when I get back to work. If I have one or two tanks, I'll need to get some kind of mods for them. D'oh. Shinyitis, dag nabbit. :D
Griffin is a beautiful vape.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Crypto market is going nuts lately,, several millionaires have decided to treat Bitcoin as a pocket carry Swiss bank account--- for good reason. As I type Bitcoin $19,279 should be hitting $30-$50,000 in the next year or so. Then everyone will be eyeballing $100k-$300k,, 1 mil is expected in a decade.

(Anything under $20,000 is a buy,, once past that you end up chasing. Fwiw, you don't have to buy a whole Bitcoin,, you can order $1000 worth or whatever,, true of all crypto)

Yes I have many dif crypto,, my biggest regret,, letting others talk me out of Bitcoin @ $200!!

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Crypto market is going nuts lately,, several millionaires have decided to treat Bitcoin as a pocket carry Swiss bank account--- for good reason. As I type Bitcoin $19,279 should be hitting $30-$50,000 in the next year or so. Then everyone will be eyeballing $100k-$300k,, 1 mil is expected in a decade.

(Anything under $20,000 is a buy,, once past that you end up chasing. Fwiw, you don't have to buy a whole Bitcoin,, you can order $1000 worth or whatever,, true of all crypto)

Yes I have many dif crypto,, my biggest regret,, letting others talk me out of Bitcoin @ $200!!
I see that PayPal has purchased an insane amount and is pushing it on the website. Husb had some and was mining for a while. Hmmm. I wonder if he still has something there.

FWIW, I knew I should have bought gold when the stock market tanked in March. Nope. ?

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see that PayPal has purchased an insane amount and is pushing it on the website. Husb had some and was mining for a while. Hmmm. I wonder if he still has something there.

FWIW, I knew I should have bought gold when the stock market tanked in March. Nope. ?
I remember sitting by myself pounding the table on gold at $330 on yahoo message boards... literally nobody talking back lol.

The reason gold is so beaten up is they made a point of "gold is anti - usd',,, but crypto doesn't care or bash any currency,,, its more about access & privacy,, the federal reserve caters to corporate America & the top 5% of people,, nobody else really matters,, the little people get 2% inflation every year on top of last year,, but their wages dont go up in lockstep,, so trickle down got stuck in the CEO golf cart..he got treated to hyper- inflated wages. - kind of surprised he is still alive rather than beheaded in the streets.-- kind of tells you how submissive the sheep are. - sheep may get tired of cake someday,,, CEO better hide!

Meanwhile 18.6 million millionaires in USA,, some are trying to hide their $$$ in Bitcoin for the next few years,,, fits on a usb stick, travels the world without notice,, in a pinch it can sit on a server somewhere.

Travel with gold,, somebody willing to take it away from you if you don't hide it well.

Bought AMAZON today $3093.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors