Become a Patron!

Random Bullshit!

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I, too, had flue and pneumonia as a child, and I've not had a flu shot since I was in the military some 30 years ago. I've also not had the flu since that childhood bout. Crud, allergies, yes... flu, no. I live in the Ozarks, so I know about tree pollen and weeds, as well. I sport a full beard year 'round, but I'm not quite the Wolfman... I do get some very annoying tufts on my ears, though LOL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I dont do the flu shot. Had it 2 times in my life(many years ago). Never again. But i am not some1 who goes to doctors (unless it is a wound that needs stitches).

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I will say one thing, I was really impressed with the measures the staff were taking at the doctor's office I went to last Tuesday. They were apparently disinfecting even the lobby seats after someone sat in them. After we left the office and were on our way home, my husband told me that they had him sit in the same seat I'd used, so they'd only have one seat to clean after we left.

They were also scheduling appointments farther apart, so that there were very few patients in the building at the same time.

We were questioned and temps measured by a nurse in the vestibule as to symptoms and exposure to anyone diagnosed with Covid.

Now that I think of it, that office was in Mecklenburg County, which has had probably ten times the number of cases that we've had in my county. They had an outbreak in the nursing home where my boss's mother was staying and had something like 14 casualties in that one facility. So it makes sense that their preventative measures were more thorough than here in my own county.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
They do the same here but rarely do they allow non-patients to wait in the waiting room. Husb has had to wait in the car this summer in 115 degree weather if there wasn't a general seating area for the building.

I had to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy a couple of weeks ago and the hospital's SOP was that all out-patients has to have a nose swab for COVID before they would allow them to have any procedure. I need to go back for lumbar injections soon. I wonder if they'll do it again.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Ha! Got you beat mate. Pneumonia killed me dead for seven minutes and change when I was eleven months old. If you follow some of our indigenous people's shaman teachings, it'll never bother me again. Though a few years I've rough bouts of bronchitis. Took to growing a full face beard from Autumn until the next Spring to combat that. It seems to help.

One side effect from me growing a full face beard? I wind looking something kin to the picture. No real joke.

wolfman.jpg

I oft consider me, my uncle "Buddy", my Pap all share identical faces. We all also have been know to drink wolf water, water left behind by wolves and no not their urine. There's Prussian/Germanic myth such folk are lycanthrope. Never really paid much creed to it. Simply the way we lived.

My wife, the elfin witch, keeps telling me she's going to sharpen my ears to match hers. Tell her that no it's already bad enough my ears are slightly pointed and protrude a bit from my furry napped head. It gets worse here in WV when bigfoot season comes in and I let my hair grow out long for Winter. *chuckles*

As to the flu shot. I understand in theory how a vaccine works. I still politely refuse to get vaccinated for something what has not bothered me since 1978. Yep, I was six years old when I last had the flu. Sorry but why then would I risk getting it, especially if it means its being put into me deliberately? To me that seems counter intuitive.

That noted, I get seasonal allergies. Damn I live in the woody area of WV. Ya think maybe all the da** tree pollen has any play? Not to mention plain old hay fever & rag weed fever. And yes I also get the generic Crud. Crud is indeed an ailment, it isn't the flu, it's the crud. I get that every few years or so. Orange juice often helps get it under control, or eating pumpkin, pumpkin seeds the first week of Autumn.
I get you. The pneumo vacs a one of. Or two shots within x amount of months. Pretty sure I only had 1 though. Not like the flu one where your supposed to get one each year.
Trouble with pneumonia is if one is prone, or more like they get it regularly, each time it has the possibilty to cause some small lung damage or some scar tissue. If you had it and never have again theres no point getting the shot just in case, probably was a one of. But if one gets it regularly, seasonally or whatever then they, I had, got a problem. Its been years and years, but from one bad bout which did some damage even to this day on a really cold frosty morning now and then if I take a deep quick breath through my mouth I'll get a sharp stab pain in my left lung, the one that from it was most affected. The scar tissue.
So glad I got the shot and stopped it in its tracks. Id hate to have kept getting it.
I get some peoples aversion though on ethical grounds to some vaccines given the origin of manys growth culture. I hear the vac for covid our country is chasing is one of those. If ours turns out to be that im declining to get it. For more reasons than one.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i am not some1 who goes to doctors (unless it is a wound that needs stitches).
Usually about the same here, though I do need to "doctor" for a congenital condition. The nurses and doctors around here are learning if I say four on a pain scale ten others say ten. Though sometimes life hands you those "oh f*** that's gonna leave a mark" moments.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I get some peoples aversion though on ethical grounds to some vaccines given the origin of manys growth culture. I hear the vac for covid our country is chasing is one of those. If ours turns out to be that im declining to get it. For more reasons than one.

Too right. I'm not going to take some political "instant" vacine if it's offered by effin' Bozos. Sorry but no. I'll trust actual virologists, scientists and medical pros. I'll wait until after a vaccine is tested proper, deemed GRAS, and likely to be a help against Covid. Otherwise no crook hung in a tie is telling me I need to take a syringe of possible death. Nope, won't happen.

And yes, that's an ethics and principle based decision, resolution. I may not be the brightest crayon nor am the dullest candle. This dawg don't play the stupid of others. Bad enough he can fumble enough of his own at times. *sighs*

<deadpan sarcasm>I rather be content vaping my Tide Pods.</deadpan sarcasm><wry grin>

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh cool. Just realised your on facebook. Loving the family portrait dude. Your rocking that beard! ?
View attachment 172011

Yep that's a me! :) :D *LOL*

Wife's grandfather literally called me a scruffy wild mountain man. Ah, I miss him. Cantankerous cuss that he could be he at least let you know where you stood. Course, I'd dish it right back to him, never mind the reverent love in my doing so.

Me and him one day made a small .25 pistol vanish. We are fair enough at shooting we're not going to miss a wood fence post from ten yards (9.14 meters). well, we were passing the gun back and forth trying to figure why we kept missing.

Finally, I fired and it jammed. I've cleared jams but it was a pistol he had. He also was reaching to take it. He cleared it and tried another shot or two, jam. I reached over, took it, cleared it. We then got the idea to look at the gun.

There was no rifling left in the short barrel. We both figured we had been lucky it had not blown up in our faces. The gun less its ammo went flying out through brush, might have ended in the creek. The ammo was gotten rid of securely. It had been something one of his friends traded him for some work.

We both laughed how d**n foolish we had been and also how full of dumb luck. It was one of those days we kept scratching our heads in wonder. Fixed up his well pump that day as well.

Fun watching folk who think they can figure something out become aware they cannot. Another friend of his cursed up a storm to try figuring out his pump. I climbed in and went right to tearing the old one off, placing the new one exactly to suit her granddad.

Oh we couldn't figure out if that friend was going to stroke out or just go on tail tucked. He finally give up trying to suit her granddad. "You two are playing me a fool as a team, I know it," he told us. And we had not done that at all. I just knew what was needed, did it.

Yeah, miss him a bunch.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Yep that's a me! :) :D *LOL*

Wife's grandfather literally called me a scruffy wild mountain man. Ah, I miss him. Cantankerous cuss that he could be he at least let you know where you stood. Course, I'd dish it right back to him, never mind the reverent love in my doing so.

Me and him one day made a small .25 pistol vanish. We are fair enough at shooting we're not going to miss a wood fence post from ten yards (9.14 meters). well, we were passing the gun back and forth trying to figure why we kept missing.

Finally, I fired and it jammed. I've cleared jams but it was a pistol he had. He also was reaching to take it. He cleared it and tried another shot or two, jam. I reached over, took it, cleared it. We then got the idea to look at the gun.

There was no rifling left in the short barrel. We both figured we had been lucky it had not blown up in our faces. The gun less its ammo went flying out through brush, might have ended in the creek. The ammo was gotten rid of securely. It had been something one of his friends traded him for some work.

We both laughed how d**n foolish we had been and also how full of dumb luck. It was one of those days we kept scratching our heads in wonder. Fixed up his well pump that day as well.

Fun watching folk who think they can figure something out become aware they cannot. Another friend of his cursed up a storm to try figuring out his pump. I climbed in and went right to tearing the old one off, placing the new one exactly to suit her granddad.

Oh we couldn't figure out if that friend was going to stroke out or just go on tail tucked. He finally give up trying to suit her granddad. "You two are playing me a fool as a team, I know it," he told us. And we had not done that at all. I just knew what was needed, did it.

Yeah, miss him a bunch.
:) Like hearing your recounts of growing up. Different from our Aussie ones.
In my head I see mountain men, raccoon hunting, Davy Crocket hats, moonshine and a whole lotta fun. :D
Reason is I grew up watching Daniel Boon, Davy Crocket movies, F Troop, Huckleberry Finn and the Beverly Hillbillies. :giggle:

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Suddenly some people are not responding to my posts that usually do, and not absent either. Not cared about likes or stuff but seem to be getting ignored by some that I thought things were cool with. Its obvious my end and pretty weak and pathetic if who Im thinking has caused it. Bit off. See you guys some time in the future maybe.
Stay well everyone.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Suddenly some people are not responding to my posts that usually do, and not absent either. Not cared about likes or stuff but seem to be getting ignored by some that I thought things were cool with. Its obvious my end and pretty weak and pathetic if who Im thinking has caused it. Bit off. See you guys some time in the future maybe.
Stay well everyone.
Amazing post!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:) Like hearing your recounts of growing up. Different from our Aussie ones.
In my head I see mountain men, raccoon hunting, Davy Crocket hats, moonshine and a whole lotta fun. :D
Reason is I grew up watching Daniel Boon, Davy Crocket movies, F Troop, Huckleberry Finn and the Beverly Hillbillies. :giggle:

Well that wasn't all that long ago. Don't wear any raccoon caps. Did go out one night with her granddad to hunt raccoon. I was on one side of bottom corn field and him the other. He was using buckshot in a shotgun. i know because I heard it fly by my head. "Hey Barn! I'm a be shooting over there," he hollered after I hit the ground.

"Oh? Now yow you think to tell me after grazing a shot by," i hollered back. He chuckled.

"Keep low, I won't hit you." He didn't hit me either. I drove the raccoon to him. Not that he could get a clear shot at any. they ran off too quick for him to keep pointed at.

Suppose I ought to feel some kind of privilege. At times I tell of stuff what's actually happened in my life. Folks may think I am rather a character in a fictional yarn. So, either I am a good story teller or I live as a fictional character. In either case life seems to bless and curse both.

Bless in that people can enjoy a "story". Curse that people see you as making up fables, myths, tall tales. Not all is exaggerated in my tales and there is a good bit of truth to them, nearly all. People though will imagine as you and it seems I'm lost to fiction. Hm, maybe I am a cartoon character.

Eh, could be worse. I could be a toaster.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Saw this at the grocery yesterday.
either it’s the winter in Ohio or this whole fake meat thing needs a little bit of excitement.
BC464736-BAD6-4CF1-9F1F-070CC0463E1F.jpeg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
We pretty much skipped flu season, with all the masks, and people actually washing their hands etc

Our premier (like governor) made an announcement peak winter that if you have any sniffles or scratchy throat at all, it is probably the Rona, since there is all but zero influenza this year

You usually get our flu strain migrated north. So hopefully that means it won't be a bad strain like the Brisbane/Australia Flu was last year or the one before

I remember one time, back in the 70s (about 1976), my husband and I both had the flu at the same time, and we were sick as a couple of beat-down dogs. By the time about three days had gone by, and we hadn't taken showers, and had been in the bed or asleep on the couch about 80% of the time those three days, and neither of us felt like moving for any reason at all, we were ill at shit at each other. And I don't mean ill as in "sick," I mean ill as in hateful and just plain nasty.

Both of us needed someone to run and fetch, like you do when you're really sick. I have to say, that's one thing my mother was an absolute expert at - she was shockingly indulgent when any of us were sick when we were kids. (It was the ONLY time she was indulgent. lol) My husband had enough sisters at home, I'm sure he always had someone to wait on him, too, if he got really sick.

It was an experience I hope never to repeat. I think aside from bad cases of strep throat, that was about the sickest I've ever been. Thank goodness we were both young at the time. It was just horrible.

And here it is Tuesday, one week since my Mondo-Flu-Shot, and the knot on my arm is finally almost gone. It's itching like hell, but no half-a-lemon-sized knot there any more. Danged if you do, and danged if you don't.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Some people

JUST.CAN'T.BE.HELPED!

That's my whole rant because my blood pressure is so high right now I seriously may just croak if I go into any detail! :mad:

Please don't croak.

Croaking is not allowed on the forum. We seriously object to croaking. :eek:

Might make you feel better, if you've calmed down now, to just go ahead and talk about it. Unless it's gonna start a war or something.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Saw this at the grocery yesterday.
either it’s the winter in Ohio or this whole fake meat thing needs a little bit of excitement.
View attachment 172061

Well, that's just pitiful. Besides which, I don't understand why someone would be a vegetarian and then want to eat fake meat. Seems like cheating or something.

I'll take the Lunchables. Or the Oscar Mayer thick-cut, pre-cooked bacon in great big packages.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
@CaFF how did your snow turn out? Do you still have snow on the ground?

When you posted that pic the other day, it was in the 70s here. I think it's about 60 outside now, but will probably get up into the high 70s today.

My husband has named Thursday as soup day, because it's supposed to be rainy and chilly from some damn tropical storm. I had order the stuff to make a big pot of veggie beef soup a couple weeks ago and it hasn't happened yet, so Thursday it is.

I love soup. Especially love making soup when it snows. Makes the windows fog up and the house smells good, and you don't have to go outside for anything for at least the first day. :) Soup and chick flick time!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
In mine, on mine both here. And in aging realizing I need a nose fur trimmer as well. No, not for moustache. Ugh. *grumbling* Fur, fur, all over. *smh*

You might think it's weird that I responded to your post with a laughing emoji, but I'll tell you why. It's embarrassing, but hell, I've told y'all a bunch of embarrassing stuff already, so I might as well tell you this.

When I was about 12 or 13, I got curious about my stepdad's "gadget" that he'd use to trim the hair that would creep out of his nose. Now I know this is gross, but I was just fascinated with that thing, and it was just laying there in the bathroom, and no one else was around one day.....so......I picked it up, stuck it barely into one nostril, and turned the button thing, and Oh My Frickin God, I felt the sting clear up into my eyeballs! It made my eyes water and caught me so off guard I thought I was gonna throw up. I dropped it, and it almost went down the sink drain, but I did rinse it out and put it back where he'd left it. But I do think it ripped out every little tiny tiny hair that was inside my nose. God I can still feel it when I think about it!

That taught me not to be curious about man things. That plus the fact that I had already sliced open the back of my leg using his "safety razor" to shave my legs. Y'all remember those safety razors? Safety my ass! I thought that cut would never stop bleeding. Sliced the shit outta myself!

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Please don't croak.

Might make you feel better, if you've calmed down now, to just go ahead and talk about it. Unless it's gonna start a war or something.

I didn't croak (yet).

I'll just keep it bottled up for now. It's nothing really. I just get pissed off when someone asks for my help then when I give it they clearly cannot be helped and I wasted my time.

My fault. I should be angry with myself, not the person who cannot be helped. I actually knew it from the start but my propensity to want to help gets in the way. I must suppress that weak point in my constitution better.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I didn't croak (yet).

I'll just keep it bottled up for now. It's nothing really. I just get pissed off when someone asks for my help then when I give it they clearly cannot be helped and I wasted my time.

My fault. I should be angry with myself, not the person who cannot be helped. I actually knew it from the start but my propensity to want to help gets in the way. I must suppress that weak point in my constitution better.

I completely understand. It is the same for me. Sometimes it takes me several attempts before I realize I am involved in the "Why don't you?" "Yes, but...." game. Reference "Games People Play" by Eric Berne, circa 1964, still as relevant as it ever was.

Glad to hear you didn't croak. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You might think it's weird that I responded to your post with a laughing emoji, but I'll tell you why. It's embarrassing, but hell, I've told y'all a bunch of embarrassing stuff already, so I might as well tell you this.

When I was about 12 or 13, I got curious about my stepdad's "gadget" that he'd use to trim the hair that would creep out of his nose. Now I know this is gross, but I was just fascinated with that thing, and it was just laying there in the bathroom, and no one else was around one day.....so......I picked it up, stuck it barely into one nostril, and turned the button thing, and Oh My Frickin God, I felt the sting clear up into my eyeballs! It made my eyes water and caught me so off guard I thought I was gonna throw up. I dropped it, and it almost went down the sink drain, but I did rinse it out and put it back where he'd left it. But I do think it ripped out every little tiny tiny hair that was inside my nose. God I can still feel it when I think about it!

That taught me not to be curious about man things. That plus the fact that I had already sliced open the back of my leg using his "safety razor" to shave my legs. Y'all remember those safety razors? Safety my ass! I thought that cut would never stop bleeding. Sliced the shit outta myself!

Ah, no. I'm not thinking of the electric nose clippers. I'm thinking of the manual SS ones. I too have had fun with old fashioned safety razors. Nicked my neck one day and plumb thought I'd bleed a week.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ah, no. I'm not thinking of the electric nose clippers. I'm thinking of the manual SS ones. I too have had fun with old fashioned safety razors. Nicked my neck one day and plumb thought I'd bleed a week.

Oh this wasn't an electric gadget I was talking about. It was a little stainless steel thing that's like a miniature torture instrument. Probably the same thing you're thinking of.

I don't know why it is, but a razor cut just seems to bleed longer than nearly any other kind.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Oh this wasn't an electric gadget I was talking about. It was a little stainless steel thing that's like a miniature torture instrument. Probably the same thing you're thinking of.
I don't know why it is, but a razor cut just seems to bleed longer than nearly any other kind.
This it?

Nose Clippers of Death.jpg

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
"They" say there's one nose hair in each nostril that, if plucked, will kill you.
Being able to randomly choose which nostril to pull the bullshit out of is what makes the bullshit random.

f6d060b26b75ec4362112f957fe20bc1.jpg

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just praying for all my people on the coast. Yet another storm headed to south Louisiana. Thankfully it’s not going to be a bad one and it’ll be in and out quickly; but, it’s headed straight for my family back home. Not expecting any damage from Zeta really; also, I’m hoping none of the folks that got effected by the other storms this season see anything from this one.

From what I’ve been told they are already seeing rising seas from it in the lower coastal area. That said, this little guy shouldn’t an alarming rise, to those within the levee system. To those outside of the levees, it floods when you flush a toilet. Nervous for my folks, but interested to see how Jim Cantore “sells” it on tv.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Just praying for all my people on the coast. Yet another storm headed to south Louisiana. Thankfully it’s not going to be a bad one and it’ll be in and out quickly; but, it’s headed straight for my family back home. Not expecting any damage from Zeta really; also, I’m hoping none of the folks that got effected by the other storms this season see anything from this one.

From what I’ve been told they are already seeing rising seas from it in the lower coastal area. That said, this little guy shouldn’t an alarming rise, to those within the levee system. To those outside of the levees, it floods when you flush a toilet. Nervous for my folks, but interested to see how Jim Cantore “sells” it on tv.

Years and years ago, my daughter and I saw Jim Cantore get blown clear off-screen during hurricane coverage. One second he was there talking, and the next thing you know,, he was just gone!. For a couple seconds we were quiet, then she started to laugh, and I think if you asked her today, she'd probably still say it was the funniest thing she ever saw. She laughed until her stomach hurt. I couldn't help but laugh at her laughing. :teehee:

I sure hope all your folks will be okay.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow, and I thought women were worse about torture devises in the name of vanity...
Wish it was vaniy instead of being annoying in my case, Pretty rough thinking about eating and having snot on your food from nose hairs hanging out. If it was just vanity I'd ignore it.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
"They" say there's one nose hair in each nostril that, if plucked, will kill you.
They say a huge mess of stuff. If that's the hierarchy enslaving you (they) then, you need to break those chains. They also say to be careful anal sex because a nerve exists that if is irritated will cause a fatal orgasm.

While I'm not going to tell anyone it's absolutely certain that isn't the case, I will point to all the folks the whole time there been folks what enjoy sodomy. Seems many of them, the ones enjoying sodomy, keep right on living. As far as I know, not killed anyone by enjoying it myself. Apologies if that's t.m.i., did seem relevant though.

Now, I'm fairly sure regarding anal sex with dolphins. Figure you'll wind up dead if one of them decides to bend you over. This is why accidental anal dolphin sex isn't much discussed.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

*tell lie vision advert heard in the background( "Get these handy o-rings to help SOAR instead of croak!"

Yep, we like it better if we all Soar. :)

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've had more friends on forums croak than I would like. Quiet. Usually followed by a family member reaching out to someone.

I sent someone a Xmas gift a few years ago, received a message from his daughter that he passed away in July unexpectedly.

1 was easier to deal with. He had cancer and only told the moderators. We were vaguely aware that he took week holidays to go to hospital for "a little procedure" which turned out to be chemo

Deth666 on CB killed himself after suffering through years of dialysis.

Aqualung dying on an Australian vaping forum pretty much killed the forum. It shut down soon after.

But, you do you. Everyone is free to die as they see fit.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've had more friends on forums croak than I would like. Quiet. Usually followed by a family member reaching out to someone.

I sent someone a Xmas gift a few years ago, received a message from his daughter that he passed away in July unexpectedly.

1 was easier to deal with. He had cancer and only told the moderators. We were vaguely aware that he took week holidays to go to hospital for "a little procedure" which turned out to be chemo

Deth666 on CB killed himself after suffering through years of dialysis.

Aqualung dying on an Australian vaping forum pretty much killed the forum. It shut down soon after.

But, you do you. Everyone is free to die as they see fit.

I apologize. I have also lost a friend from a forum, who disappeared and we found out when we tried to exchange Christmas cards that year. Her daughter got in touch and told us she had passed. It was thoughtless of me to kid about that, and I'm really sorry you were hurt by it.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I apologize. I have also lost a friend from a forum, who disappeared and we found out when we tried to exchange Christmas cards that year. Her daughter got in touch and told us she had passed. It was thoughtless of me to kid about that, and I'm really sorry you were hurt by it.
No, your fine. Just got me reminiscing good friends

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They say a huge mess of stuff. If that's the hierarchy enslaving you (they) then, you need to break those chains. They also say to be careful anal sex because a nerve exists that if is irritated will cause a fatal orgasm.

While I'm not going to tell anyone it's absolutely certain that isn't the case, I will point to all the folks the whole time there been folks what enjoy sodomy. Seems many of them, the ones enjoying sodomy, keep right on living. As far as I know, not killed anyone by enjoying it myself. Apologies if that's t.m.i., did seem relevant though.

Now, I'm fairly sure regarding anal sex with dolphins. Figure you'll wind up dead if one of them decides to bend you over. This is why accidental anal dolphin sex isn't much discussed.

My post about dying from plucking nose hairs was meant as a joke or "random bullshit".

As for deadly orgasms during anal sex, well, I'll leave that for others to find out. :giggle:

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I completely understand. It is the same for me. Sometimes it takes me several attempts before I realize I am involved in the "Why don't you?" "Yes, but...." game. Reference "Games People Play" by Eric Berne, circa 1964, still as relevant as it ever was.

It angers me greatly. Most of the time I end up telling people like that...

"Well, the solutions that I gave you are the only ones I know to exist, so if none of them work for you then it's very likely you're totally fooked."

They don't like such realistic, unfiltered responses - they want a magic wand type of solution. But they earned such a response by wasting my time and aggravating me. JMHO.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

"Well, the solutions that I gave you are the only ones I know to exist, so if none of them work for you then it's very likely you're totally fooked."

They don't like such realistic, unfiltered responses - they want a magic wand type of solution. But they earned such a response by wasting my time and aggravating me. JMHO.

Well, the reason it angers you is that it's a nasty little piece of manipulation.

A person presents with a problem for which they supposedly want a solution. But no solution you offer is acceptable, for whatever reason.

In reality, the person doesn't want a solution. They want to be absolved of responsibility, by proving to others that there is no possible remedy in the whole wide world for their problem.

It also, in their own minds, puts them in a position of control, as if they were dangling others from strings. It attracts attention to them, inspires "pity" or "sympathy" in unwitting people, who sometimes offer to take care of the problem themselves, and then don't realize they've been HAD until long after they can do anything about it.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Well, the reason it angers you is that it's a nasty little piece of manipulation.

A person presents with a problem for which they supposedly want a solution. But no solution you offer is acceptable, for whatever reason.

In reality, the person doesn't want a solution. They want to be absolved of responsibility, by proving to others that there is no possible remedy in the whole wide world for their problem.

It also, in their own minds, puts them in a position of control, as if they were dangling others from strings. It attracts attention to them, inspires "pity" or "sympathy" in unwitting people, who sometimes offer to take care of the problem themselves, and then don't realize they've been HAD until long after they can do anything about it.

Askholes

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@CaFF how did your snow turn out? Do you still have snow on the ground?

When you posted that pic the other day, it was in the 70s here. I think it's about 60 outside now, but will probably get up into the high 70s today.

My husband has named Thursday as soup day, because it's supposed to be rainy and chilly from some damn tropical storm. I had order the stuff to make a big pot of veggie beef soup a couple weeks ago and it hasn't happened yet, so Thursday it is.

I love soup. Especially love making soup when it snows. Makes the windows fog up and the house smells good, and you don't have to go outside for anything for at least the first day. :) Soup and chick flick time!

Sorry to be tardy in reply here.
The snow wasn't a biggie at least for me. It's mostly melted off now as the alternating low/high fronts changed the weather back to more normal Oct. weather. Never lost power and we're good. :)

Attachments

• Snap1207.jpg
    Snap1207.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 7

VU Sponsors