Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

Claudia P

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm finding that there are a few of HIC's recipes that I like much better than any premade juice I've vaped, and using primarily FA flavorings with just a little TFA the juice is crisp and clean and my coils last a long time, much longer than with any vendor juice I've had. Now I almost can't stand any with sweeteners in it, I can taste an after taste that I find unpleasant.

embee

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm finding that there are a few of HIC's recipes that I like much better than any premade juice I've vaped, and using primarily FA flavorings with just a little TFA the juice is crisp and clean and my coils last a long time, much longer than with any vendor juice I've had. Now I almost can't stand any with sweeteners in it, I can taste an after taste that I find unpleasant.
Which are your favorites?

Claudia P

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My absolute favorite is one of his free ones. Sugary almond apple tarts using the custard option, then the Blueberry Muffin and the Vanilla Silk Pudding using the raspberry option, but at the moment I'm trying strawberry instead of raspberry in that one. The blueberry muffin and Vanilla Silk Pudding are in his shop for $3 each. I want to try his old fashioned donut but I don't have all of the flavors so I haven't purchased it yet.

Claudia P

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh there may be a problem with the vanilla silk pudding though, it calls for sweet woodruff and TPA stopped making it, they will make it special order in large quantities only. In HIC's http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-mixes-diy-recipes-store.54921/ group there has been some talk about a group buy for it. If nothing else you can find out who might have some.

embee

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh there may be a problem with the vanilla silk pudding though, it calls for sweet woodruff and TPA stopped making it, they will make it special order in large quantities only. In HIC's http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-mixes-diy-recipes-store.54921/ group there has been some talk about a group buy for it. If nothing else you can find out who might have some.
And that's why I haven't made the vanilla silk pudding yet. I keep waiting for sweet woodruff to be in stock somewhere. Doyou think it would be good without it? I already got the recipe and all the other flavors. Might just try it.
I really love the mellow vanilla with a little cardamom added, and the Moroccan mint tea. Lemon cream soda is good, but I had to cut down on the anise.

Claudia P

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I really don't know whether it would be good without it or not, but you could ask HIC.

And that's why I haven't made the vanilla silk pudding yet. I keep waiting for sweet woodruff to be in stock somewhere. Doyou think it would be good without it? I already got the recipe and all the other flavors. Might just try it.
I really love the mellow vanilla with a little cardamom added, and the Moroccan mint tea. Lemon cream soda is good, but I had to cut down on the anise.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like FA flavors too but I find that they fade too fast ... I don't vape a large volume so for me, I usually have to stick with small amounts when using FA. I do wish all the other flavor vendors were as concentrated as FA however. It would make mixing much easier. :)

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sent Vaughan a PM, I think I borked something cleaning my mod. Difficult mod to trouble-shoot with a multimeter

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Morning all!

22.......Be careful out there today!

Anyone else in the middle of Storm Jonas......Stay warm and safe! Looks like we are only getting about 6-9inches from it. My SIL who visited Wed. night instead of this weekend due to the storm is in Philly and it looks like they are going to get the brunt of it. Should be interesting to see how this all plays out. Just happy it's the weekend, because I'm sure all of our snow days would be gone with just this one storm!

Happy Friday!!!

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Work hasn't called yet. Hopefully, they've seen the light and won't even try to have us head in. My old truck's battery is dead. Had to jump it off last night, but after running it a good while, it wouldn't restart. So, I'm gonna try to run to the auto parts store when they open and get a new one. Got to have it running just in case.

Morning all!

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Woohoo, vapemail! None of my hardware made it today but I got some new (boba) juice and a coil/juice care package from DI :)

Thanks DI, these look and smell awesome!

ETA: Dewey Boba is incredible!!! Has anyone else tried it? I'd love to find a way to reverse engineer it; it's too expensive to buy as much as I would like to have.

Guess it's time to leap down the DIY rabbit hole ;)
Dang, that was quick. You'll have to let me know how you like the juice and coils.

Good luck to everyone expecting the snow storm. We've been lucky so far this winter. 4 inches last week and that's it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Went and got a new battery for my truck. Went to the grocery store and scored a $5 half gallon of organic milk. ( that was all they had left) it's damn tasty milk though. My work never called, so I guess I'm off today. Already shoveled the first 4" off the walk. Time for a break.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Three drivers short, but at least one came back today . . . .

at least our renovations are pretty much done. Getting our stuff out of storage and finding a place to put it is a whole different story. :eek:
I know you love golf, but isn't 3 drivers excessive? I haven't hit a good shot with mine in years; sticking with my 3 wood. ;)

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sister coming today. Luckily no kids coming.

Heard back from Vaughan. He said both blocks are very usable. Was kinda hoping he'd pick one. He also narrowed down my search for dud connection on my mod, but I may have to leave that for tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know you love golf, but isn't 3 drivers excessive? I haven't hit a good shot with mine in years; sticking with my 3 wood. ;)
Same here. 3 wood off the tee.

Last time I played, they had really nice drivers you could rent for $5
Best I ever hit off the tee. Can't remember now what brand it was, but it was $250 to buy one. I could rent one for the rest of my life and not cover that cost.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I should cook a lunch. What's the point of visiting doggie if I don't feed her.

I usually try to kill her, being diabetic, but today thinking simple curry or quiche. Groceries come tomorrow

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just frustrated with life I suppose. Trying to find a new to me vehicle and our price range isn't allowing for much. And then slowly one by one my husband/mechanic vetoes everything I like. We will never be able to buy a house together if we can't even agree on a cheap used car.

Also dealing with major discipline problems with kids/school bus/teachers. Ugh. Kindergarten shouldn't be this stressful. And got stuck running a ton of fundraisers cus god forbid the government pay for anything in the schools THEY RUN and THEY force these tests and requirements on. Ugh ugh ugh

Sorry end rant. On the plus side we were originally supposed to get a foot of snow and now it moved so won't be getting even an inch

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
fbbaac49bb1459b45ded0d1dd5e6436f.jpg

b26ae1414f65cc482d14acf6a3da71bb.jpg

At least something in my garden is going OK

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Did those of you with a Crown or Griffin need to clean your attys before using them? I guess I assumed that an atty with premade coil would be good to go out of the box, but the Crius experience has me 2nd guessing that.
My gear arrived and I want to play with it NOW ;)

Claudia P

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I didn't clean my Crowns, about half of first tank was a little off flavor, then it settled in nicely.

Did those of you with a Crown or Griffin need to clean your attys before using them? I guess I assumed that an atty with premade coil would be good to go out of the box, but the Crius experience has me 2nd guessing that.

embee

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice Embee! We just remodeled our basement and our wall/ceiling colors are nearly identical. I like you're style ;)
I'm so psyched to see stuff getting finished. There's been so many detours along the way that progress you can actually see has been a long time coming.
Once these two rooms are done, which should be this weekend, I estimate we're at the halfway point. SMH.

I'm jealous of Keith. I can't wait to get my stuff out of boxes. This experience has helped me pare down my belongings, though. It's amazing how much stuff I haven't even thought about since it's been packed away.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm so psyched to see stuff getting finished. There's been so many detours along the way that progress you can actually see has been a long time coming.
Once these two rooms are done, which should be this weekend, I estimate we're at the halfway point. SMH.

I'm jealous of Keith. I can't wait to get my stuff out of boxes. This experience has helped me pare down my belongings, though. It's amazing how much stuff I haven't even thought about since it's been packed away.
I wasn't around here at the time, but we were in the same boat; everything from our downstairs was either upstairs or in my shop for a month. We busted out the work super fast and are finally getting settled in again. Purged so many useless things we had accumulated. Feels great. Good luck finishing!

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I clean everything I get regardless ... even drip tips! I once got a brand new SS tip and just for grins I ran a q-tip down it and just about choked when I saw the black tar like substance that came out. After that experience I now clean every new piece of vape gear that might get anywhere near my mouth, lol. :D

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I clean everything I get regardless ... even drip tips! I once got a brand new SS tip and just for grins I ran a q-tip down it and just about choked when I saw the black tar like substance that came out. After that experience I now clean every new piece of vape gear that might get anywhere near my mouth, lol. :D
Ewww. 'Nuff said.

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Evening all! I have returned from yet another foray into foreign territories. I successfully navigated the Left Coast, Donner Pass (my load was heavy, my truck is a bit of a dog so I had time to crochet a blanket while I was climbing), Price Canyon and the mountain passes in Colorado.

Looks like I will be home until at least Tuesday so I can watch the Broncos/Patriots game. Looking forward to it! (with trepidation, but still looking forward to it!)

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening all! I have returned from yet another foray into foreign territories. I successfully navigated the Left Coast, Donner Pass (my load was heavy, my truck is a bit of a dog so I had time to crochet a blanket while I was climbing), Price Canyon and the mountain passes in Colorado.

Looks like I will be home until at least Tuesday so I can watch the Broncos/Patriots game. Looking forward to it! (with trepidation, but still looking forward to it!)

glad you made it home for some r & r

go broncos

VU Sponsors