Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I should have paid for tracking of my banksia pods. It just has 3 x $7 postage stamps on it

Thinking I like the maple for pinch. But Peter said that would be the hardest to cut to capture the best bits. It would really contrast my collection though

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You may not have been aware, but the recommended build on a regulated Sunbox mod is 1.0+ ohms and to use the settings to get the watts/volts you want. That still does not explain only getting an hour out of the battery or it complaining the battery is low when it is not.
Good to know! I'll swap it out. Don't think I've done anything to it, given I've only been able to get a handle of hits from it. But eager to see if it makes a difference.

Jimmy-B

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you don't mind alcohol extracted flavorings, vaping zone has some great standalone or mix 1-2 flavors for tobaccos. Have you tried the Tribeca clone? Hmmm I have a few you'd probably like for recipes if you'd like I can pm them so I don't clog the thread. It took me quite a while to find something I actually enjoyed, but it was the same with store bought juices as well and this is cheaper to dump if I hate it lol. Just hate to see ya give up on saving money, but not everyone wants to diy and that's OK too
Don't think that I would have an issue with those extracts. I will investigate vaping zone and see what they have. Can't say that I have tried the Tribeca original or clone, I have heard of it.

Would be interested in seeing what recipes you have...I mix small 15ml batches when trying something new, so minimal waste if I don't like it.

Not giving up on the DIY stuff just yet, but have set it a side for the moment, just have to find something that tastes like what I am mixing so I know I did it right.

Thank you

Claudia P

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Stephanie the first coil in my first crown lasted almost 4 months, it was still working but starting not to perform quite as well so I changed it out last week. The second Crown is still going strong on it's coil and it's maybe a month newer than the first.

I honestly think some of it has to do with vaping HIC's recipes without sweeteners.

Not sure how I'm getting the coils to last this long on the crown, but it definitely does not taste bad, at all. I'm using my own DIY mixes (clear to light amber in color w/ no sweetners)........I believe Hawkie is too......not sure if that matters or not.

ETA:.........I didn't realize that hawk had commented because I replied before reading the rest of the thread..........sorry about that.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Stephanie the first coil in my first crown lasted almost 4 months, it was still working but starting not to perform quite as well so I changed it out last week. The second Crown is still going strong on it's coil and it's maybe a month newer than the first.

I honestly think some of it has to do with vaping HIC's recipes without sweeteners.

I'm almost convinced that no sweeteners=great coil life.
The coils on my reomizer go weeks without a dry burn. Maybe longer.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just looking out for those of you out east :)
bdd1b29f0040dcc022ee7cd112d3c987.jpg

Claudia P

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been having trouble making me mix too, not getting it done until I'm almost completely out of juice. I seem to be trying to go into hibernation with the cold yukky weather instead of doing any of the many things I really need to be doing.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi all.
I need to mix. Someone make me go mix.
I don't want to do anything today. Except maybe go for a walk in 70 degree weather. That would be nice.
I've been having trouble making me mix too, not getting it done until I'm almost completely out of juice. I seem to be trying to go into hibernation with the cold yukky weather instead of doing any of the many things I really need to be doing.
fa37433a7f1d55c063d9c64d908c442b.jpg

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hooray for small victories! I ordered a micro extractor and a "vampliers" to try getting the stuck grub screw out of the new Crius. And it worked! Holy cow this tank hits hard. Only a few hits and I feel buzzed... although I still taste a little machine oil I think, so maybe that's the buzz. But still, I'm using a tank :)
a5d9ed80c2903b06f311e31502c74b88.jpg

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's how I felt too. Until I found out tanks are only $25-30 now. I don't want to even think about how much I paid for my Kayfun or Squape a couple years ago...
And what's sad is even a subtank beats all those $200 tanks. I currently have a crown, 2 aromamizers and the Griffin. All blow every kayfun I owned out of the water. Not even a fair comparison.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
And what's sad is even a subtank beats all those $200 tanks. I currently have a crown, 2 aromamizers and the Griffin. All blow every kayfun I owned out of the water. Not even a fair comparison.
I'm really happy with this Crius. Crown & Griffin arrive tomorrow :)
Also started my coffee extract today; so eager to see how closely the liquid will taste like the beans when brewed. I drink my coffee black, but I can see trying to mix done with creamy goodness too.
Do y'all still have a go to DIY thread?

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
5c09c1d54af36f9f9650164e7a71bce3.jpg

Heres my current gear with all of my tried and tested favorites. XXIX with baal v2, incubus mech mod with baal v2, sx mini and hannya Postless atty, incubus clone with CCI archon rda with upgraded deck, sx mini with the veritas, 3ml aromamizer on the hana v4d, Griffin on the dna200 militia mod, stumpy on the snowwolf and 6ml aromamizer on the wismec reuleaux dna200.

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm really happy with this Crius. Crown & Griffin arrive tomorrow :)
Also started my coffee extract today; so eager to see how closely the liquid will taste like the beans when brewed. I drink my coffee black, but I can see trying to mix done with creamy goodness too.
Do y'all still have a go to DIY thread?
I found I usually prefer FA flavors so I just follow hics notes and create what I want at the time. The pear and apple ones I sent you are the only 2 I've repeated over and over. Other than that it's steam juice Jerry juice. Haven't experimented a whole lot lately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I found I usually prefer FA flavors so I just follow hics notes and create what I want at the time. The pear and apple ones I sent you are the only 2 I've repeated over and over. Other than that it's steam juice Jerry juice. Haven't experimented a whole lot lately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
If I remember correctly Peng has mastered how to mix all the creams. I would never have guessed how many ways to make them!
Dumb question... Who's hic?

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mornin!

Well, as the weather forecasts take shape, it looking like we're gonna get slammed tomorrow and Saturday.
The powers that be at my job are still talking like they're gonna run us tomorrow. Not cool! I ain't doing it. Businesses will all be closed, we don't have the plows to keep up with this much snow. All the major roads will become parking lots. Every driver that heads out to make deliveries tomorrow will likely end up sitting in their truck overnight, maybe til Sunday.

Enough of my whining!

How's everyone else today?

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mornin!

Well, as the weather forecasts take shape, it looking like we're gonna get slammed tomorrow and Saturday.
The powers that be at my job are still talking like they're gonna run us tomorrow. Not cool! I ain't doing it. Businesses will all be closed, we don't have the plows to keep up with this much snow. All the major roads will become parking lots. Every driver that heads out to make deliveries tomorrow will likely end up sitting in their truck overnight, maybe til Sunday.

Enough of my whining!

How's everyone else today?

You look a little sick to me. Possible threadbearers. I think you should be proactive and call in sick for the rest of the week.

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You look a little sick to me. Possible threadbearers. I think you should be proactive and call in sick for the rest of the week.
I will win this fight. They can stomp their feet all they want. When it comes down to it, it's up to the driver on whether or not he feels it's safe enough to drive. I may have to drive to work, get in my truck and then send a msg on the computer saying it's too dangerous to continue, please advise. Cuz msg's are forever and they know the safety dept would side with me.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I will win this fight. They can stomp their feet all they want. When it comes down to it, it's up to the driver on whether or not he feels it's safe enough to drive. I may have to drive to work, get in my truck and then send a msg on the computer saying it's too dangerous to continue, please advise. Cuz msg's are forever and they know the safety dept would side with me.

Good for you.
Stand tough and be safe.
Looks like that 2' bullseye is settled directly over you.
Stock up on staples and charge all your batts before the power goes out.

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning knuckles.
It sounds like 22 has learned the ways of beating the bureaucracy at their own game. Which I wholeheartedly applaud.
Stay home and stay safe, 22.
I just got called out in the driver's room for poisoning the minds of some new drivers. As of right now, they are planning a regular work day and all drivers are expected to comply. I was telling newbies that they can't force them out. Oops!
Too many years of dealing with their crap.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just got called out in the driver's room for poisoning the minds of some new drivers. As of right now, they are planning a regular work day and all drivers are expected to comply. I was telling newbies that they can't force them out. Oops!
Too many years of dealing with their crap.

i got in trouble years ago, when a new worker from yugoslavia injured herself, i told her she was covered by work cover. Crazy when you can't inform people of their rights

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Good afternoon peeps. Hope everyone out east is staying safe & warm.

I tried washing the machine oil taste out of my Crius with a hot, soapy water soak, but it still has that funny taste. I know it's the atty because I taste it if I inhale without firing. I used to have a bar so I could soak new gear in vodka, but we don't have that option now. What can I use to get the machine oil flavor out of a new atty? I have 2 more arriving today so I want to do them all at once.

embee

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I tried washing the machine oil taste out of my Crius with a hot, soapy water soak, but it still has that funny taste. I know it's the atty because I taste it if I inhale without firing. I used to have a bar so I could soak new gear in vodka, but we don't have that option now. What can I use to get the machine oil flavor out of a new atty? I have 2 more arriving today so I want to do them all at once.
Try a white vinegar soak, then wash in soapy water.

KY_Rob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Most likely, the machine oils left over on our new atty's are of the water soluble type while in use, but difficult to remove when dried. The best thing to remove the stuff is a solvent, followed by hot soapy water. Be advised, solvents can destroy PMMA, rubber (basically any non-metal) materials, so you don't want to get it on those parts, or any part of your body...you damned sure don't want to vape it, so make sure it's gone. I'm hesitant to name specific solvents to use, but think mineral spirits or degreaser fluids.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That reminds me. I need to restock my isopropyl alcohol. I should buy in bulk really.

Thinking I may reassess my placement on Vaughan's list. Ask if I can slide back to maybe #30 from where I am at #21. Shame to spoil the family theme, but might ease this queasy feeling I keep getting when I consider money

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Woohoo, vapemail! None of my hardware made it today but I got some new (boba) juice and a coil/juice care package from DI :)

Thanks DI, these look and smell awesome!

ETA: Dewey Boba is incredible!!! Has anyone else tried it? I'd love to find a way to reverse engineer it; it's too expensive to buy as much as I would like to have.

Guess it's time to leap down the DIY rabbit hole ;)

Last edited:

embee

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Woohoo, vapemail! None of my hardware made it today but I got some new (boba) juice and a coil/juice care package from DI :)

Thanks DI, these look and smell awesome!

ETA: Dewey Boba is incredible!!! Has anyone else tried it? I'd love to find a way to reverse engineer it; it's too expensive to buy as much as I would like to have.

Guess it's time to leap down the DIY rabbit hole ;)
Do it.
I am admittedly a lazy mixer. I don't really enjoy it, but when I finally get around to it and try new recipes, it's awesome when it works out. I'm totally enjoying this lemon cream soda thing I made yesterday.

VU Sponsors