Kangetech Subtank Plus w RBA deck
TCR: 0105
Temperature: 450F
Watts: 32
Satisfaction Level: Extraordinary

Last edited:

ChibiChula

Member For 4 Years
I got my wrap for the rx yesterday in the mail, figured I'd show her off a bit!
View attachment 38236 View attachment 38236
Not bad. I'm not a fan of anything with pink in it but that's a product of childhood trauma (mom thought "girl = pink" and therefore killed any hope of me liking it by overloading me on it, lol). The wrap itself itself looks good though. I just went "traditional" and swapped faceplates and battery doors and I'll probably get clear wraps to protect them soon.

c01eaa54e4c787a650123d64d3a08b2c.jpg

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only if they come out with a delrin or glass version of the drip tip. My sensitive teeth don't like metal anywhere near them.

Tank is a beauty , but that top fill may be the deal breaker for a lot of people

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tank is a beauty , but that top fill may be the deal breaker for a lot of people
Yeah I think the spring Top Fill is an odd choice but more importantly I think the real deal-breaker will be not getting an RBA included with the tank...OUCH!
When will the vaping manufacturing companies learn if they want us to buy the tank it MUST come with an R.B.A. section...F.F.S. !

ChibiChula

Member For 4 Years
I don't mind the top fill so much, it doesn't seem too horrible (though you might get some juice in your mouth after filling if you're messy. It's probably easier than having to remove the topcap completely when you're out and about. That drip tip though.... I pretty much dislike any tank with a proprietary drip tip unless replacements and different options are available from the beginning.

ChibiChula

Member For 4 Years
Yeah I think the spring Top Fill is an odd choice but more importantly I think the real deal-breaker will be not getting an RBA included with the tank...OUCH!
When will the vaping manufacturing companies learn if they want us to buy the tank it MUST come with an R.B.A. section...F.F.S. !
Yes! That bugs the heck out of me. Why do they not realize how many more customers they would have if they simply included the RBA section? Honestly, it's pretty standard these days, right? They could even do a "kit" version like the TFV4's if they really feel most people won't want the RBA. If they did they will realize VERY quickly how many more people will want to get the one with the RBA.

Can anyone help I have 316l ss and on the stock ss setting it vapes way too cool and temperature protects too fast. And I've set the tcr to from 92 to 108 and it instantly says temp protection

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can anyone help I have 316l ss and on the stock ss setting it vapes way too cool and temperature protects too fast. And I've set the tcr to from 92 to 108 and it instantly says temp protection
I'm using 316L with a TCR of 94 and it vapes great around 500-530. So lower your TCR maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Also, check the 510 on the atty and RX are clean, and perhaps reset your resistance. Dbl check the post screws are tight as well. When you get it where you want it, lock your resistance with fire up arrow at the same time.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's it my resistance? I have a .21 ohm dual coil build 10 wraps around a 1/8th drill bit. Sorry I'm new to temp control.
It's not your resistance. Assuming you did the firmware upgrade to 3.00, turn your mod off with 5 clicks. Now hold your fire button and up button at the same time with the mod off until you see a screen with M1 and a number. Lower that number to 94.

Now turn your mod on with 5 clicks of the fire button. Click three times and use the up button, find M1 and press the fire button. Now you're using TCR M1. Adjust your wattage and temp accordingly.

Just for some info, TCR is the rate at which the resistance of your rises as you heat the wire. The number you changed under M1 as per these instructions tells the chip how to regulate the type of wire you are using. Each wire material will have a different TCR.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Temp control operates on MINUTE changes of resistance. With SS, those changes are even more minute. A dirty thread, a post screw that isn't completly secure, or even trying to get it set up if your atty is not excactly at room temp will all throw the TC off. Your TC is working, but the range is not dialled in. It takes some fiddeling.

It's weird I followed your instructions and it automatically goes to temp protected a bug maybe ? I can only get it to fire in the default SS mode but it's just way too cool.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's weird I followed your instructions and it automatically goes to temp protected a bug maybe ? I can only get it to fire in the default SS mode but it's just way too cool.
Lower your wattage and increase your temp limit. That may help too. What's the resistance and what are you firing at? Dual or single coil?
Edit: Realized you already posted this. My dual coil is around the same resistance and I'm firing it at 40 watts and 530 degrees. Nice hot vape for me from my Petri

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

lol You couldn't have followed the instructions exactly, it will take your atty a good 10 minutes to cool after each try. Its aggravating until you get the hang of it. Let it fully cool, remove the atty. Fire the mod so that when you put the now cool atty on it prompts you "new coil" hit yes.

Thanks you guys I took the advice of cleaning the connections. They were fairly clean but the device asked if it was a new coil and I entered yes so it's been working now and I've been messing with the tcr and need to more but 108 seems pretty accurate.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks you guys I took the advice of cleaning the connections. They were fairly clean but the device asked if it was a new coil and I entered yes so it's been working now and I've been messing with the tcr and need to more but 108 seems pretty accurate.
Glad you got it to where you want it. It's just odd that there are so many variants on what TCR settings are working for people. I saw that most are at 108ish whereas I'm at 94...

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For me tcr set to 650 is perfect with ni200 coils in the crown tank. I suggested someone in another thread to start from there and they settled on 610..That was perfect for them.

ajape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Can any of you guys please share what settings you're currently using for the SS 0.5 ohm double coils of the Uwell Crown tank, please? I'm currently on the 3.0 firmware and I tried various settings between 98 and 105 for TCR at 65W, but either it fired temp protection too much or just stayed really weak flavoured and too cool. Temp ranged from 480 to 550, even got a little burnt taste at one point but no smooth hits no matter what I tried. So I'm using basic SS setting at the moment, but the flavour is just off... I think I'll be going back to 1.08 if I can't figure this out, at least that SS setting was working flawlessly :( Thank you...

Last edited:

ajape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've got mine at 45w/440F.
That's both with the SS mode and a mem reg I set at 0125. Way high I know, but it works great.
And do you get warm vapor with these settings? And what about temp protection with these settings, please?

Bro2032

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can any of you guys please share what settings you're currently using for the SS 0.5 ohm double coils of the Uwell Crown tank, please? I'm currently on the 3.0 firmware and I tried various settings between 98 and 105 for TCR at 65W, but either it fired temp protection too much or just stayed really weak flavoured and too cool. Temp ranged from 480 to 550, even got a little burnt taste at one point but no smooth hits no matter what I tried. So I'm using basic SS setting at the moment, but the flavour is just off... I think I'll be going back to 1.08 if I can't figure this out, at least that SS setting was working flawlessly :( Thank you...
Tcr: 108
Wattage: 38-44
Temp: 520-540°

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So here's maybe a stupid question but if I had some pre-made clapton coils that are ni200 wrapped around Kanthal should I be using these in Nickel TC mode?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Bro2032

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So here's maybe a stupid question but if I had some pre-made clapton coils that are ni200 wrapped around Kanthal should I be using these in Nickel TC mode?

If you're using Kanthal as the core wire. They couldn't be used in TC.. I'm not sure about the Ni200 in wattage mode either.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Pick a single material either use kanthal or use nickel.Do not ever use both.Don't use that combo clapton you made,and just to be safe toss it out.

EDIT:
Wait you said pre-made?
Did a friend make these or did you buy them?

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Given to me by some lads at a local shop. Apparently someone thinks these should be a thing. And these are FAT suckers too.

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just found them at an online site. The company that makes them is called Thunderhead. I recognize the packaging. These are a thing.

SOC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
SInce I'm considering one of these, let me ask what is probably a stupid question! Takes 3 batteries. I'd get three VTC4s as recommended in a different thread. Now, I have a Nitecore two bay charger. Am I correct in assuming that to properly charge three VTC4s I'd want a four-bay charger?

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would say yes if you wanted to play it safe. I would think you really would want simultaneous charging of all the cells. I use a Luc V4 myself so it's not an issue for me.

ajape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
SInce I'm considering one of these, let me ask what is probably a stupid question! Takes 3 batteries. I'd get three VTC4s as recommended in a different thread. Now, I have a Nitecore two bay charger. Am I correct in assuming that to properly charge three VTC4s I'd want a four-bay charger?
Yes, you would be correct about needing a four bay charger. I can personally fully recommend another battery choice though, the LG HG2 "Chocolates", hehehe. They're 3000mAh 20A-35 Amp 18650 batteries that to me give the best performance and endurance in these devices so far, fully recomended like I said! :)

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You can certainly safely use a 2 bay charger. You just have to wait for the third batt to charge by its self. Takes longer. A 4 bay is more convienant.

Edit: Batts lose between 1 to 1.5% a day just sitting. If your charger takes half a day to charge (mine dosen't) that theoreticaly might be a factor. Realistically however, because the RX runs the batts in series, the discharge will never be perfectly equal. The RX monitors the state of each batt, and if they are too far apart, it will display a warning, and will not fire.

The chocolate LG is a 20A CDR cell... and an outstanding one at that.

That's what I use.

Last edited:

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad you got it to where you want it. It's just odd that there are so many variants on what TCR settings are working for people. I saw that most are at 108ish whereas I'm at 94...

I'm at 94 as well... I found anything higher to give a harsh taste at the warm temps I like...

Jackrouach

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm debating in getting the rx200 or the dna200 I can't sleep this is all I think about which fucking one I get?? I'm leaning on the dna200 clearly because I heard how amazing it is and blah blah blah

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
RX200. WAY more "bang for your buck".

Jackrouach

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If I have 3 pairs of married batteries that are the same company same specs can I somehow makes then into 2 sets of 3??

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors